PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanon Fired From MSNBC.....

MMC
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — MSNBC dropped conservative commentator Pat Buchanan on Thursday, four months after suspending him following the publication of his latest book.

The book "Suicide of a Superpower" contained chapters titled "The End of White America" and "The Death of Christian America." Critics called the book racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic, charges Buchanan denied.

The network said on Thursday that "after 10 years, we have decided to part ways with Pat Buchanan. We wish him well."
Buchanan, in a column posted on Thursday, called the decision "an undeniable victory for the blacklisters."

Buchanan wrote that advocacy groups like Color of Change and the Anti-Defamation League brand people as racists or anti-Semites if they dare "to venture outside the narrow corral in which they seek to confine debate." They seek to silence and censor dissent while proclaiming devotion to the First Amendment, he said.

"I know these blacklisters," he wrote. "They operate behind closed doors, with phone calls, mailed threats and off-the-record meetings. They work in the dark because, as Al Smith said, nothing un-American can live in the sunlight.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/pat-buchanan-msnbc-015053514.html

Now that leaves just Joe Scarborough as the only Conservative on that Station.....but it is okay to have AL Sharp-Tones as a Host. Ed Schultz and Racheal Maddow. See how that works.

No wonder their numbers keep tanking.

wingrider
02-17-2012, 09:52 AM
yeah I knew this was coming.. they tanked him like NPR did to williams

Mister D
02-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought he was fired weeks ago.

jgreer
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Yea what took so long?

Mister D
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Yea what took so long?

I must agree. Their business model seems to be to have the smallest audience possible. They should have fired Pat a long time ago.

Conley
02-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Ha! I'm not sure what message there's trying to put out there. I guess it is more homogenous left with Pat's departure. It still seems scattershot though.

Mister D
02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I used to watch MSNBC years ago before Matthews went insane. They had a wide variety of people on their prime time lineups. I remember Alan Keyes had a show and a few other people. I would flip back and forth between that and Fox when I felt like watching opinion and analysis.

Conley
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Cool. I guess Olbermann will never be heard from again either. I never watcedh it and would be hard up to identify anyone other than Scarborough, Maddow and Matthews, and that's mostly because they seem to insert themselves into the news and I end up reading it online.

Mister D
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I forgot all about Olbermann. What happened to him? I remember someone hired him after he was terminated but I forget who. It must not have been very successful.

MMC
02-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I forgot all about Olbermann. What happened to him? I remember someone hired him after he was terminated but I forget who. It must not have been very successful.

Currant TV and Huffpo is who he went to work for.

Mister D
02-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Currant TV and Huffpo is who he went to work for.

I haven't anything about him since. I know they paid him a lot or at least I think I remember him getting a decent contract but he seems to have faded from view. He was always trying to compete with O'Reilly anyway who usually kicked his ass.

Mister D
02-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Buchanan wrote that advocacy groups like Color of Change and the Anti-Defamation League brand people as racists or anti-Semites if they dare "to venture outside the narrow corral in which they seek to confine debate." They seek to silence and censor dissent while proclaiming devotion to the First Amendment, he said.

Buchanan is correct. I've experienced it online myself.