PDA

View Full Version : Iran Stops Oil Sales to Britain and France.....

MMC
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has stopped selling crude to British and French companies, the oil ministry said on Sunday, in a retaliatory measure against fresh EU sanctions on the Islamic state's lifeblood, oil.

The European Union in January decided to stop importing crude from Iran from July 1 over its disputed nuclear program, which the West says is aimed at building bombs. Iran denies this.
Iran's oil minister said on February 4 that the Islamic state would cut its oil exports to "some" European countries.

The European Commission said last week that the bloc would not be short of oil if Iran stopped crude exports, as they have enough in stock to meet their needs for around 120 days.

Brent crude oil prices were up $1 a barrel to $118.35 shortly after Iran's state media announced last week that Tehran had cut oil exports to six European states. The report was denied shortly afterwards by Iranian officials.

EU's new sanctions includes a range of extra restrictions on Iran that went well beyond U.N. sanctions agreed last month and included a ban on dealing with Iranian banks and insurance companies and steps to prevent investment in Tehran's lucrative oil and gas sector, including refining.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-stops-oil-sales-british-french-companies-oil-124556230.html

Looks like we will break 4 dollar gas this year. France and the Brits said they had stock for a 120 days looking at the July date. Iran just up'ed the pressure back on the EU. As we knew that the Saud stated they would make up for the offset. The point is they cannot with Iran doing something like this in return.

Also I would note before Bush left office and we were allegedly shown the Brink of the Abyss. That the the Saudi's did this then too. Which led to many of the economic problems that hit the globe. As the Saud had produced a heavy type oil that no one could use or be refined down to gasoline grade oil. The stuff they had put was so heavy that even diesal was having problems with it.

Now image that at the dawning of the info about how the global markets were going to fall. Once again there was hardly any focus by the MSM on the issue and only afterwards by like 2 yrs did they released any type of info that I had seen on it. Think the Saudis wanted any attention on their major screw up?

This comes at the time that the Iranians are saying yeah, sure lets talk now. After the assassination attempts and Israel releasing statements that the Iranians already have 4 bombs.

Conley
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Iran's actions are those of a petulant child. Cutting off oil to the EU when the EU has said they won't buy any more. The higher prices will mean more money going to countries other than Iran. It stinks that the prices are so high but at least Iran will be getting less profit from the U.S. and her allies.

MMC
02-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Iran's actions are those of a petulant child. Cutting off oil to the EU when the EU has said they won't buy any more. The higher prices will mean more money going to countries other than Iran. It stinks that the prices are so high but at least Iran will be getting less profit from the U.S. and her allies.

Not to mention they thought the Greeks had stopped all their buisness dealings with Iran. Only to discover they have not. 27 Nations in the EU only count for 18% of Irans output to the EU anyways. But I think this will affect Britain and France even moreso that all are thinking.

The Brits are in recession and going thru stagflation. The French are slowly biting the bullet.....finally. As they and the Brits just had their Credit Ratings down-graded by Moodys. With more to come. The French moreso than the Brits as their Uber spending just doesnt stop.

Conley
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I didn't know that about the Greeks, but I'm not surprised at all.

MMC
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Never fails Iran always seems to be making moves on Sunday. Hence the other threads I have put up on them.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Seems like a symbolic gesture to me.

MMC
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Althought the piece does say the EU went well past the what the UN did. Which means that we did the same thing going beyond what the UN was willing to do. With regards to sanctions that is. Symbolic gesture stopping their OIL to France and the Brits? Or always creating bullshit on Sundays?

Peter1469
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
We are the reason that we are dependent on oil. I have zero sympathy. http://energyvictory.net/

Mister D
02-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Althought the piece does say the EU went well past the what the UN did. Which means that we did the same thing going beyond what the UN was willing to do. With regards to sanctions that is. Symbolic gesture stopping their OIL to France and the Brits? Or always creating bullshit on Sundays?

Stopping their oil to France and the UK. Seems like an empty gesture.

MMC
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Stopping their oil to France and the UK. Seems like an empty gesture.

How so? Both counted on all orders and stockpiles for 120 days. Which was to last to July they were saying. But if Iran shuts down all contracts now and doesnt wait for their beginning enbargo date. Then why wouldnt it affect them?

Mister D
02-19-2012, 05:08 PM
How so? Both counted on all orders and stockpiles for 120 days. Which was to last to July they were saying. But if Iran shuts down all contracts now and doesnt wait for their beginning enbargo date. Then why wouldnt it affect them?

They aren't buying it anyway. It's just an empty gesture.

MMC
02-19-2012, 05:13 PM
They were buying it up until July. Contracts paid for already. But now will not be honored by Iran. So they won't be getting those shipments they thought they were.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 05:14 PM
They were buying it up until July. Contracts paid for already. But now will not be honored by Iran. So they won't be getting those shipments they thought they were.

Oh well. I doubt that's going to send France and Britain into turmoil. Honeslty. I think this is nothing.

MMC
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Yeah....not like it will add to their economic woes they are experiencing now. I mean their gas prices are high already. As they also sell by the Liter not just the gallon. But maybe your right. Maybe it won't even cause those gas prices to go higher. Moreover I am sure the Brits can at least afford to pay the upmark. Since they all up with that brent Crude.

I see Dutch Shell has scaled back. But it don't look like they quit all buisness with Iran. Kinda Like the Greeks.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I think you credit Iran with more leverage than they actually have. If Iranian oil was important to the economies of France or Britain do you honestly believe they would place this embargo?

Conley
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM

Those amounts may be in escrow, or the French and U.K. governments may have access to Iranian government assets which they can also seize.

MMC
02-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Those amounts may be in escrow, or the French and U.K. governments may have access to Iranian government assets which they can also seize.

How they going to sieze what hasnt been shipped? Product wise that is. As I am sure they can get their money back one way or another.

Conley
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
How they going to sieze what hasnt been shipped? Product wise that is. As I am sure they can get their money back one way or another.

Yeah I just meant money or the equivalent. I don't think they're getting that oil. Good thing for Europe that Shell and BP are doing so well in Iraq. They are dominating there. :undecided:

MMC
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I think you credit Iran with more leverage than they actually have. If Iranian oil was important to the economies of France or Britain do you honestly believe they would place this embargo?

The EU is falling a part. Both economies are headed towards the ways of the PIGS. So anything that affects ones economy with trade. Oil Embargo's and other buisness ventures will naturally affect ones economies. Gas is already rising. Oil will continue to rise.

As to getting in line with what the US wanted and the US giving out vouchers to offset the loss. Yeah, I think they would jump right on it.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
The EU is falling a part. Both economies are headed towards the ways of the PIGS. So anything that affects ones economy with trade. Oil Embargo's and other buisness ventures will naturally affect ones economies. Gas is already rising. Oil will continue to rise.

As to getting in line with what the US wanted and the US giving out vouchers to offset the loss. Yeah, I think they would jump right on it.

You're country is falling apart too. In any case, Iran's big move here is a non-issue. If it was, the E.U. would never have taken the steps it has. Yet more silliness from the mullahs.

MMC
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
I believe the Brits and our own think tanks brought up the double edged sword facts about it. So unlike yourself many don't take it as a trivial issue while walking into Nuke Proliferation talks the day before the talks are to begin.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I believe the Brits and our own think tanks brought up the double edged sword facts about it. So unlike yourself many don't take it as a trivial issue while walking into Nuke Proliferation talks the day before the talks are to begin.

Yeah, I'm sure the Brits are shaking in their boots over Iran refusing to sell them oil they refuse to buy. That makes sense. Whoa that Iran is all kinds of clever, huh?

Not underestimating your enemy is a good thing. You usually take this way too far, however.

MMC
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Why because I am trying to have a discussion about it and you dont have that much to add to it or something. Its not like you say. I look to discuss all the angles and not some processed point of view. I already take it as a given that the Iranians cannot compare to our Military nor the Brits. Also like the experts state it's not like the Iranians can't affect anything. Guess I should have told ya I tend to take it that most are kept within the general knowledge of things. So they should at least know that much off the top.

Remember these common statements made by those that are classified as experts on the matter have discussed the issues fully in detail. Perhaps reading their assessments to the questions that are asked of them will help give you some insight. As to the depth of what Iran is capable of.

Lets not forget you pretty much have the same general attitude about China, Russia, N. Korea, and any other enemies of the US. You know.....pish posh, <<<<< waves hand, oh nothing anyone does can affect anything at all. Only the US can affect shit. :rollseyes:

Mister D
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Yep the Iranians are really gonna teach Britain and France a thing or two. And if Syria cuts off the falafel supply it's all over.

MMC
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Beats sitting around for 30 minutes with nothing to say.....doesn't it!

Conley
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Mmm falafel. Haven't had that in years. I'm not sure how I would go about making it. I like tabouleh too.

Mister D
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
If it does for you then go for it.

MMC
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I usually do.....so I am trying to get away from all those consecutive posts of 3-to-1 and whatnot. :wink:

wingrider
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139163

Estimates of the amount of oil in the Rosh HaAyin discovery have rises to 1.5 billion barrels, and there is more oil off-shore, but it is not yet known how much of the “black gold” can be extracted for commercial use.
The new estimate, along with the gas and oil finds off the Mediterranean Coast, raise the likelihood that Israel will be self-sufficient for energy for the next three decades and even become an exporter of gas. The amount of oil at Rosh HaAyin represents a tiny percentage of Israel's oil consumption, but development is continuing in the area as well as in the Dead Sea.
Economists have noted that the discoveries will have a huge impact on society, creating more jobs and strengthening the shekel against word currencies.
Investors in the project at Rosh HaAyin, located on the edge of Samaria and several miles east of Tel Aviv, have been waiting anxiously for months for news about the amounts oil underground at the Megged 5 oil well. The full engineering report will not be available until mid-September, but the company has decided to adopt the recommendation in the initial report.
Oil samples were found as having high quality with very little sulfur, and the amount of water in the samples was less than 10 percent

.................................................. .................................................. .........................

what do you think this will do to the Iran/russian compact ?.. and do you think Isreal could pick up the slack for european countries that currently get oil form iran?

Mister D
02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh, I hope that's the best estimates are accurate. How funny would that be.

Mister D
02-20-2012, 11:00 AM
France and the UK get very little oil from Iran.

MMC
02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah.....I think 1%-2% means very little.

Peter1469
02-20-2012, 11:27 AM
It is like they are putting sanctions on themselves.

MMC
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM

Double edged sword.....bites both ways. Means their economies are affected!!!!!

Mister D
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Exactly. It's an empty gesture of defiance that will only further isolate Iran.

wingrider
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM

right ,, and people some people think the government of Iran is smart?? well I don't think so.. LMAO

wingrider
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Exactly. It's an empty gesture of defiance that will only further isolate Iran.

but the stupid part is the idiots are isloating themselves.. how ignorant is that?

Mister D
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
right ,, and people some people think the government of Iran is smart?? well I don't think so.. LMAO

I don't think they are particularly rational but I guess they may have concerns or strategies that don't seem rational to westerners. Either that or their overriding concern is respect.

Mister D
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
but the stupid part is the idiots are isloating themselves.. how ignorant is that?

I guess it depends on their goals. Hey, I don't disagree that the mullahs are nuts.

wingrider
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't think they are particularly rational but I guess they may have concerns or strategies that don't seem rational to westerners. Either that or their overriding concern is respect.

does iran actually think that threatening to blow Isreal up is going to earn them respect?? maybe from the radical factions but not anyone that is a rational thinking human being.

jgreer
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM

LOL never thought of it like that but I think Captain America is right

Peter1469
02-20-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think that they are concerned with our definition of rational.

MMC
02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah what do they call us? The Great Satan?

jgreer
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Yea US = Great Satan Israel = Little Satan

Mister D
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I tend to think that we project own ways of thinking onto cultures that simply don't share it.

wingrider
02-21-2012, 01:51 AM
hence the term " democracy from the barrell of a gun"