PDA

View Full Version : Israel Not Happy With US Senior Officials.....

MMC
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Earlier Tuesday, Haaretz reported that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and other senior officials had protested over recent comments by senior American officials (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-public-u-s-objections-to-military-attack-serve-iran-s-interests-1.413845) critical of any Israeli attack on Iran, saying this criticism "served Iran's interests."
A senior Israeli official said Netanyahu and Barak told Tom Donilon, U.S. national security adviser who has been in Israel this week, of their dissatisfaction with the interview given by Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, to CNN on Sunday.

The Israeli officials also objected to a number of briefings senior American officials gave American correspondents, who wrote in recent weeks about a possible Israeli attack in Iran.

The story that angered Netanyahu most was an NBC broadcast two weeks ago saying Israel would attack Iran's nuclear facilities with Jericho missiles, commando forces and F-151 jets.....snip~

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/iran-to-take-pre-emptive-action-if-endangered-warns-top-general-1.413942

MMC
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
"We made it clear to Donilon that all those statements and briefings only served the Iranians," a senior Israeli official said. "The Iranians see there's controversy between the United States and Israel, and that the Americans object to a military act. That reduces the pressure on them."

Donilon also met a team of Israeli experts from the ministries and intelligence agencies, headed by National Security Adviser Yaakov Amidror, who coordinates the Iranian portfolio. He also met Mossad chief Tamir Pardo, Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz and Military Intelligence head Aviv Kochavi.

All the officials told Donilon that the pressure and sanctions on Iran must be increased, especially to avoid having to use military force.

The talks between Israel and the United States on the Iranian nuclear issue will continue on Thursday, when U.S. National Director of Intelligence James Clapper comes to Israel for talks with intelligence and defense establishment heads.

The White House said on Monday that Donilon invited Netanyahu to a meeting with President Barack Obama on March 5.....snip~

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-public-u-s-objections-to-military-attack-serve-iran-s-interests-1.413845

The Beat Goes On.....I do believe those are War Drums in the background I am hearing.

Alias
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Iran and Syrian regimes need to be knocked out. It's just a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

Mister D
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Well Assad's regime is in some trouble now.

Conley
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
From a humanitarian perspective, the strife in Syria is terrible. Looking at it only in terms of the U.S. interests in the area, I'm not at all certain this is bad thing.

Mister D
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
From a humanitarian perspective, the strife in Syria is terrible. Looking at it only in terms of the U.S. interests in the area, I'm not at all certain this is bad thing.

I agree but I too feel the risk of sounding ghoulish.

Alias
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Well Assad's regime is in some trouble now.

Yeah, and that's putting more pressure on Iran. We better hope Iran blinks or all hell is going to break loose. I say Iran blinks.

Mister D
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, and that's putting more pressure on Iran. We better hope Iran blinks or all hell is going to break loose. I say Iran blinks.

I think they will too.

Conley
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree but I too feel the risk of sounding ghoulish.

I don't want to sound callous. It just seems that there will always be violence in that part of the world, whether it is Assad in charge or whatever strongman replaces him.

MMC
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Is there a covert War taking place now between Iran and Israel?

Peter1469
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Is there a covert War taking place now between Iran and Israel? Don't forget the US and much of the West.

Of course.

MMC
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Don't forget the US and much of the West.

Of course.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/dramatic-escalation-between-israel-iran-28310284.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fworld-15749633%252Fdramatic-escalation-between-israel-iran-28310284.html

According to Judith Miller.....

Peter1469
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't even know why the Israelis bother to complain about Iran trying to do the same thing that it does.

Mister D
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
The Israelis feel that they have the moral high ground.

MMC
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
More than likely because Iran says that are an infestation and need to be cleansed off the earth. Whereas Israel don't say that stuff about Iran. Might say some nasty shit about the Iranians but they don't talk about wiping them off the planet.

Although now Iran has released a statement that if they feel that their National Interests are threatened. Then they will make Pre-empive strikes on that enemy.

Plus now the Media is stating that Iran did not let the AEIA into see that reactor in Busherir. Yet according to the AEIA yesterday they were saying they were only meeting in Tehran to lay the ground work to set up inspections and talks.

Now this morning on the radio couple of stations and Bloomberg's report. They are talking like Iran refused to let them check it out. At the same time Iran ordered Air and defense drills all around their reactor. According to the AP they will be vigilant for the next four days with these Military excercises.