PDA

View Full Version : Question: Has the rules changed?

Cigar
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Can I now Insult Forum Members by Name?

Since I see it happening all the time now, can one assume the Rules have changed?

I'm not at all thin skinned ... but I'd love to get in on the Fun without an infraction.

Mr. Freeze
01-02-2014, 10:46 AM

Since I see it happening all the time now, can one assume the Rules have changed?

I'm not at all thin skinned ... but I'd love to get in on the Fun without an infraction.

I haven't been here that long and I get insulted. I think some people just lack creativity.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 10:47 AM
I haven't been here that long and I get insulted. I think some people just lack creativity.

I don't mind the insults, as a matter of fact, I expect it.

I just wish I could hit back, because I'm a better counter puncher. :grin:

Codename Section
01-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Unless we read every post on every thread we're not going to catch everything. If we did that, life would suck pretty hard. If someone insults you the option is there to report them.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2014, 10:51 AM

Ya think?

Cigar
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Unless we read every post on every thread we're not going to catch everything. If we did that, life would suck pretty hard. If someone insults you the option is there to report them.

I'd prefer to take off the Gloves and rearrange some teeth :grin:

BTW ... that's not a threat ... it's a desire :laugh:

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Has the rules changed?

The rules of grammar have not changed.

Chris
01-02-2014, 11:49 AM

:roflmao:

Chris
01-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Then go to the Hole and wallow in it.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 12:38 PM

I checked ... I didn't see any Rules --- care to link us up sparky :laugh:

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I checked ... I didn't see any Rules --- care to link us up sparky :laugh:
No problem: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/ged-testing-service

Chris
01-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Or look up Grammar Girl, lol.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 01:01 PM
No problem: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/ged-testing-service

Doesn't look like a tPF Rule to me .... :laugh:

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Doesn't look like a tPF Rule to me .... :laugh:
If you read my original post, I said the rules of grammar haven't changed, not the rules of this site. Regardless, carry on in any way you'd like. Just be aware that it does reflect upon your perceived intellect when you mangle the English language. =)

Cigar
01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
If you read my original post, I said the rules of grammar haven't changed, not the rules of this site. Regardless, carry on in any way you'd like. Just be aware that it does reflect upon your perceived intellect when you mangle the English language. =)

Pay Attention ... This Thread is about This Forum ... hence it's in the section of (Technical Issues and Questions)

Try to keep up :rollseyes:

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Pay Attention ... This Thread is about This Forum ... hence it's in the section of (Technical Issues and Questions)

Try to keep up :rollseyes:
I'll tell you what, you promise to pay attention in your remedial English classes and I'll do the same here. Deal?

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
:laughing4:

nic34
01-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Yeah, I've noticed...

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/20843-Here-Are-The-Things-Americans-Want-The-Government-To-Focus-On-In-2014?p=476866&viewfull=1#post476866

Can you get royalties? :grin:

Green Arrow
01-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Do it at your own risk. If someone reports your "counter-attack" and the other poster doesn't get reported, the likelihood that we'll get the other guy is slim. Even if we did get him though, you'd still get an infraction for breaking the rules in your response. Far better for you to just report it and let us handle it.

jillian
01-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Do it at your own risk. If someone reports your "counter-attack" and the other poster doesn't get reported, the likelihood that we'll get the other guy is slim. Even if we did get him though, you'd still get an infraction for breaking the rules in your response. Far better for you to just report it and let us handle it.

that isn't a "counter attack".

Green Arrow
01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Take it up with Cigar, I'm using his terms. Regardless, if someone insults you and you insult them back, it's a counter-attack.

jillian
01-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Take it up with Cigar, I'm using his terms. Regardless, if someone insults you and you insult them back, it's a counter-attack.

riiiiiiiight.

Chris
01-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Sure it is. Someone attacking you doesn't justify you attacking them. That is something kids argue--I remember that, bu t dad he started it. My dad's response was always it takes two to tangle and punish us both.

Green Arrow
01-02-2014, 02:28 PM
riiiiiiiight.

If you have a problem with the rules, suggest a change. Otherwise, take your snide attitude to someone willing to put up with it.

Mr. Freeze
01-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm a libertarian and I believe in the NAP. I am peaceful until I am "attacked". I may continue to be placid or I may not. However, no one has a right to be aggressive towards me, but if they are I do have a right to a response. If this is a moderated site then moderate. If you choose not to moderate then allow the dice to fly.

To paraphrase Sir Thomas Moore's Utopia, do not make thieves and then punish them.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I'll tell you what, you promise to pay attention in your remedial English classes and I'll do the same here. Deal?

News Flash Sport: it's 2014, not 1914 ... I don't have to promise you Jack Shit ... deal?

Mr. Freeze
01-02-2014, 03:20 PM
News Flash Sport: it's 2014, not 1914 ... I don't have to promise you Jack Shit ... deal?

Technically, neither did you in 1914.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Sure it is. Someone attacking you doesn't justify you attacking them. That is something kids argue--I remember that, bu t dad he started it. My dad's response was always it takes two to tangle and punish us both.

My Dad said you only need one good Punch to end a tangle. :laugh:

keymanjim
01-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Is someone picking on you? Do you want me to beat them up for you?

Codename Section
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Cigar

send me the thread where this happened to you, if they did, I'll TB them. I'm not reading through every post on this board to find it. Report it or don't complain--at least, don't tell me about it and do what ya gotta do.

:)

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Technically, neither did you in 1914.

I think you forget ... Rosa Parks did do her thang until December 1, 1955 :laugh:

Calypso Jones
01-02-2014, 03:24 PM

he needs a slapper and a foot stamper.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:24 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

send me the thread where this happened to you, if they did, I'll TB them. I'm not reading through every post on this board to find it. Report it or don't complain--at least, don't tell me about it and do what ya gotta do.

Did they tell you the Job was easy? :laugh:

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM

No ... I want to do the beat-down ... don't deprive me of my Fun :grin:

Chris
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Cigar

he he...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQiZujWKQI

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
If you want to present yourself as an ignoramus, more power to you. I will apologize for shifting into my grammar-liberal mode, though. =)

Mister D
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB8YLPPEhwE5p3_IzaXCd19H7nlQ2W3 I5to94VIh71bSi2mQBPOQ

Kalkin
01-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I think you forget ... Rosa Parks did do her thang until December 1, 1955 :laugh:
What does that have to do with making promises?

undine
01-02-2014, 03:30 PM

I was raised to stand up to bullies. Your way is turning the other cheek and it has been my experience that it often doesn't work in the real world (see 911) or on forums.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:32 PM
I was raised to stand up to bullies. Your way is turning the other cheek and it has been my experience that it often doesn't work in the real world (see 911) or on forums.

I'm with you, hit first, apologize for their hospital bills.

Cigar
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB8YLPPEhwE5p3_IzaXCd19H7nlQ2W3 I5to94VIh71bSi2mQBPOQ

Was he standing over your grave ... :grin:

GrassrootsConservative
I'm with you, hit first, apologize for their hospital bills.

Trayvon Martin's line of thought, for sure. But not anymore.

Kalkin
Is that a statement or a question?

Mister D
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM

Dude, your comebacks don't even make sense now. Just stop. :grin:

Codename Section
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Did they tell you the Job was easy? :laugh:

They told me it was fun, exciting, and I would go to exotic places--oh, wait. That was the marine corps.

bladimz
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Trayvon Martin's line of thought, for sure. But not anymore.Don't you think that The Martin Killing's been discussed enough?

If you need to bring that up once again, start a thread in the appropriate section.

bladimz
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Keep the posting civil.

undine
01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Are the posters on this thread that think insults should be ignored and not responded to in kind against stand your ground laws?

Chris
01-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Are the posters on this thread that think insults should be ignored and not responded to in kind against stand your ground laws?

Insults aren't exactly life threatening.

This is more about trying to keep the place civil for discussion. Some don't like that. But they have the Hole.

undine
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Insults aren't exactly life threatening.

This is more about trying to keep the place civil for discussion. Some don't like that. But they have the Hole.

I get that. What I don't get is that you should ignore insults. If you do, the bullies win.

Chris
01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
I get that. What I don't get is that you should ignore insults. If you do, the bullies win.

What the mods ask is you report insults. From rules: "If you feel a post has violated these rules please report it and do not respond to it." @ http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations

Basically, some back and forth is fine just so long as it doesn't get carried away or get out of line and disrupt discussion.

Maybe a mod rep could explain better: Peter1469 Adelaide ?

Chris
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM
undine, the analogy was good, let's say I'm saying shooting back is like firing into a crowded 7/11 or something. If it were a PM, fire away!!

Peter1469
01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
What the mods ask is you report insults. From rules: "If you feel a post has violated these rules please report it and do not respond to it." @ http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations

Basically, some back and forth is fine just so long as it doesn't get carried away or get out of line and disrupt discussion.

Maybe a mod rep could explain better: @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473) ?

Correct. You can't avoid some back and forth, in fact it is good when it is substantive and on-topic. But when it gets out of hand and goes on and on it distracts from the thread and turns other members away. Particularly when it is more about argument style, or lack thereof, or something not really related to the thread.

At some point, we ought to realize that we made our point and the other side either doesn't get it, or rejects it. At that point, you are wasting your time to repeat your position.

Rebel Son
01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't mind the insults, as a matter of fact, I expect it.

I just wish I could hit back, because I'm a better counter puncher. :grin:

So why are you bitching........? Those who play, play.

Those who snitch post like you.

Codename Section
01-02-2014, 09:30 PM

How? Seems to me they win if they get under your skin

Mister D
01-02-2014, 09:36 PM
How? Seems to me they win if they get under your skin

We all lose because they shit all over the forum

Captain Obvious
01-03-2014, 08:44 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/winter-is-coming/prepare-yourself-for-this-thread-to-be-closed.jpg

undine
01-03-2014, 08:54 AM
@undine (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=980), the analogy was good, let's say I'm saying shooting back is like firing into a crowded 7/11 or something. If it were a PM, fire away!!

I don't like to engage in PM wars as it is too much like harassment, in my opinion. I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with it.

Rebel Son
01-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Keep the posting civil.

So you infringe on freedom of speech when it doesn't meet with your agenda Blad?

No biggie, not sure why I'm surprised. Yes I know you from other forums as a progressive.

You are, aren't you?

Green Arrow
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
So you infringe on freedom of speech when it doesn't meet with your agenda Blad?

No biggie, not sure why I'm surprised. Yes I know you from other forums as a progressive.

You are, aren't you?

There is no such thing as freedom of speech on forums. This is the private property of ADMIN. You are here by his invitation, and the rules are established to ensure that his property is treated by his standards. You posting here means you agree to abide by the rules.

Furthermore, no mod acts independently. We all act on consensus. If blad posts a warning, he does so with the full support of the moderator team.

roadmaster
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
There is no such thing as freedom of speech on forums. I disagree as long as they don't break the rules. Disagreeing with someone is not breaking the rules and this post in good faith doesn't mean they have to agree.

Peter1469
01-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I am closing the thread as it has diverted into a discussion of moderation. The mods will confirm on appropriate action. All should feel free to review the rules (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6236-The-Political-Forums-Revised-Rules-and-Regulations) again.