PDA

View Full Version : Just three pull-ups: Too many for women in the Marine Corps?

Germanicus
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
The Marine Corps reports that most women in recruit training are unable to do the minimum three pull-ups. As the US military moves toward allowing more women in combat roles, this raises questions about physical standards.

The situation has revived the debate over women in the combat arms.

The decision to suspend the scheduled pull-up requirement "is a clear indication" that plans to move women into direct ground combat fighting teams will not work, said Elaine Donnelly, president of the conservative Center for Military Readiness and a critic of allowing women into infantry jobs.

"When officials claim that men and women are being trained the same, they are referring to bare minimums, not maximum qualifications that most men can meet but women cannot," Ms. Donnelly wrote in an email to The Associated Press. "Awarding gender-normed scores so that women can succeed lowers standards for all. Women will suffer more injuries and resentment they do not deserve, and men will be less prepared for the demands of direct ground combat."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/0104/Just-three-pull-ups-Too-many-for-women-in-the-Marine-Corps

Affirmative action strikes again

If females want to be treated equaly then how about they perform to the same standard required of men?

All of this equality stuff is nonsense and in the military it is dangerous.

And a female in the military can only do three pull ups? What?

What is the solution? Taxpayer money to help train women to do a pull up? Taxpayer money to pay a man to give them a boost. Like maybe every female in the military gets an assistant that lifts them while they do pull ups so they can do as many as men. And the assistant could also do things like carry their equipment and stuff. In the name of equality. (:

What do the feminazi say?

When will female golfers tee off from the mens tee box? They are cheats. And no wonder. They cant even do three pull ups. They are not equal. Especially at certain things.

What are women genuinley better at? Anything? (:

Watching and reading degenerate trash maybe. What else?

The Xl
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
I just did 18 pullups at 210lbs with a 40 pound weight vest on, making it a total of 250 lbs. My 50 year old mom can do 6 pull ups. My brother, who has Cystic Fibrosis, can do 20.

If a 17-35 year old young female adult can't do fucking 3, they should go play patty cake or some shit. Same for any guy who can't.

Codename Section
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
I will probably say this until I'm blue in the face but the nature of the marine corps is that of constant training. There is not a single male marine who can do less than 25 pullups in grunt platoon. I would go into detail about what PTs are, what their role is in evaluating recruits coming out of bootcamp, what comes after your first 3 months, and all that shit but no one listens anyway.

I'd also put any FM in my company over half the men on this board including the OP and I know they'd out run them, out do them, and most-likely kick their asses in tapout.

Still don't want them in a grunt unit.

The Xl
01-04-2014, 10:27 PM
They should use the money they waste on bullshit wars, spying on us, etc, and put it towards actually defending the country, and while they're at it, raising the pay to be the military to attract high caliber talent.

Codename Section
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM
They should use the money they waste on bullshit wars, spying on us, etc, and put it towards actually defending the country, and while they're at it, raising the pay to be the military to attract high caliber talent.

You become that. I'm trying to figure out how to explain this in regards to the civilian world.

Each pull-up = 5 points , 20 pull-ups = perfect 100 points

Each sit up = 1 point, 100 sit ups = perfect 100 points

3 mile run is done by 18:00 minutes being perfect and points are deducted from there.

How you make rank, ie get more money, is by how you score. What MOS you go into is defined by how you score. If you only get a 15 on your pullup portion of your PFT you may stay in the marine corps but you will be forced into a program. No one ever wants to go into the fatboy program because it is like going back to bootcamp only worse because you're a fucking failure.

The higher you get, the more your MOS opens up. In the marines if you have a desk job you are treated like an absolute piece of shit failure by everyone else, you are made fun of, you are talked to like a bitch, etc.

It is like being the weak wolf in a wolf pack. No one wants to be that.

I know of no marine with a 15 on their PFT.

The Xl
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
You become that. I'm trying to figure out how to explain this in regards to the civilian world.

Each pull-up = 5 points , 20 pull-ups = perfect 100 points

Each sit up = 1 point, 100 sit ups = perfect 100 points

3 mile run is done by 18:00 minutes being perfect and points are deducted from there.

How you make rank, ie get more money, is by how you score. What MOS you go into is defined by how you score. If you only get a 15 on your pullup portion of your PFT you may stay in the marine corps but you will be forced into a program. No one ever wants to go into the fatboy program because it is like going back to bootcamp only worse because you're a fucking failure.

The higher you get, the more your MOS opens up. In the marines if you have a desk job you are treated like an absolute piece of shit failure by everyone else, you are made fun of, you are talked to like a bitch, etc.

It is like being the weak wolf in a wolf pack. No one wants to be that.

I know of no marine with a 15 on their PFT.

So why make an issue about female standards, at least with the pullups? Are they attracting that little female talent? My goddamn 50 year old mom with shot arthritic knees can double 3.

It flat out says the female members are struggling with 3. They don't high high caliber female athletes or soldiers, it would seem. Maybe the males are fine, but it doesn't seem the females are.

Ergo, that leads me to believe that women aren't the problem, it's the caliber of woman in the Marines that are.

Codename Section
01-04-2014, 11:41 PM
So why make an issue about female standards, at least with the pullups? Are they attracting that little female talent? My goddamn 50 year old mom with shot arthritic knees can double 3.

Most FMs can do more than that depending on how they're allowed to do the pullup. Fingers facing towards you they can do, fingers facing away and very few can do three.

It flat out says the female members are struggling with 3. They don't high high caliber female athletes or soldiers, it would seem. Maybe the males are fine, but it doesn't seem the females are.

It's pretty standard. There's a reason why physical tests in public schools let girls do arm hangs instead of pull ups.

My friend Rodriguez can do ten pullups fingers facing her face, she's got guns and looks pretty fucking tight. She struggles with more than 5 if fingers face out.

Women have to train and have muscle memory just like men, but in their lives they use different muscles in different ways than we do.

Oh, then there's also the technique when you do the pullups, you have to go all the way down and then up and I think your mother is exceptional. While we were talking I did some research because I was curious about chicks and the standard high school test is 1 and less than 10% of all females in public schools can do that and are allowed to do just an "arm hang" where 10 seconds is the standard.

Go walking around the presidents physical fitness award test website to see where 18 year olds are physical-wise.

Your average slouch does not join the marines. You're getting sporty spice when it comes to women.

Sorry, I'm a bit rambly now because I'm sleepy. I'll redo this tomorrow or something.

The Xl
01-04-2014, 11:46 PM
My mom does dead hang pull ups. I told her that the shit don't count if it's halfway. My sis and my ex could all do at least 3, but they're athletes and not barbie dolls.

I dunno, not being able to do 3 sounds bad, even for a woman. I don't see how anyone could go far in the military if they don't have adequate control of their bodyweight, and if most women are that bad at it, then yeah, maybe they shouldn't allow them in combat.

Still have no problem with a chick who smokes the test and passes the next level in combat, though. But if you can't do 3, you should be shown the door.

Germanicus
01-05-2014, 06:30 AM
I am not very fit at all these days. I like to lay down when I eat and stuff. And drugs.

There is no way I could pass a fitness test for the US military but I could get in as a female. A few years ago I downloaded the training thing for the Aussie military and used it to get fit again. I wasnt fat or anything but just unfit. Couldnt run far without getting out of breath. It was tough. The sprints killed me getting to the level required to enter the Australian military. When I got as fit as an Aussie soldier I went back to being lazy and unfit which i prefer.

I really like to eat laying down. It makes me feel good. Right now my drug ridden self could easily enter the US military as a female. In my opinion females should have higher standards to enter the military for their own safety and for the safety of their comrades.

Peter1469
01-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I will probably say this until I'm blue in the face but the nature of the marine corps is that of constant training. There is not a single male marine who can do less than 25 pullups in grunt platoon. I would go into detail about what PTs are, what their role is in evaluating recruits coming out of bootcamp, what comes after your first 3 months, and all that shit but no one listens anyway.

I'd also put any FM in my company over half the men on this board including the OP and I know they'd out run them, out do them, and most-likely kick their asses in tapout.

I will take a couple of them. :smiley: Of course I am still recovering, so make it three.

donttread
01-05-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't care how many pullups a soldier can do, I'd care more about their ability to shoot and their training. She can drag a fallen friend with leg strength. However, the standards do need to be equal.
And oh yeah bring them all home

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/0104/Just-three-pull-ups-Too-many-for-women-in-the-Marine-Corps

Affirmative action strikes again

If females want to be treated equaly then how about they perform to the same standard required of men?

All of this equality stuff is nonsense and in the military it is dangerous.

And a female in the military can only do three pull ups? What?

What is the solution? Taxpayer money to help train women to do a pull up? Taxpayer money to pay a man to give them a boost. Like maybe every female in the military gets an assistant that lifts them while they do pull ups so they can do as many as men. And the assistant could also do things like carry their equipment and stuff. In the name of equality. (:

What do the feminazi say?

When will female golfers tee off from the mens tee box? They are cheats. And no wonder. They cant even do three pull ups. They are not equal. Especially at certain things.

What are women genuinley better at? Anything? (:

Watching and reading degenerate trash maybe. What else?

Kabuki Joe
01-05-2014, 01:28 PM

...so at 135lbs Rousey takes Faber?...

The Xl
01-05-2014, 01:39 PM

How'd you get that out of his post?

Peter1469
01-05-2014, 02:26 PM

Farber isn't on this board.... :shocked:

Mr. Freeze
01-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Codename Section

I volunteer to wrestle the one that looks like a young Jlo. I just want to make sure that she's really as tough as you say. :cool2:

The Xl
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Farber isn't on this board.... :shocked:

Lmao, it would be pretty boss if he was, though. Then we'd have a 135lbs dude who could beat the fuck out of all the 200+ pounders here.

roadmaster
01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
They shouldn't let them in if they can't even do three. This is crazy, what else will they overlook.

Peter1469
01-06-2014, 05:47 AM
They shouldn't let them in if they can't even do three. This is crazy, what else will they overlook.

The Army and the Marine Corps would have a hard problem recruiting both men and women if they were that picky up front. The state of today's youth, at least as far as physical fitness goes, is pathetic. The army had a pre-basic training program where everyone stayed for a week or two, just to learn some basic military things without pressure- and to gauge fitness. If you sucked, they kept you longer before sending you to basic.

When the drill sergeants came for you, life changed real fast.

The Xl
01-08-2014, 03:27 PM
@Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

I volunteer to wrestle the one that looks like a young Jlo. I just want to make sure that she's really as tough as you say. :cool2:

Any JLo look alike needs to beat me first. Err.....in grappling, that is, of course.

Heyduke
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
@Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

There was a girl on my High School wrestling team for a while. In practice, I'd have to wrestle her sometimes. She was scrappy and fierce, and if you didn't pick her up and slam her to the mat and pin her quick, she was likely to score a point on you. It was a no-win situation.

The Xl
01-08-2014, 03:34 PM
There was a girl on my High School wrestling team for a while. In practice, I'd have to wrestle her sometimes. She was scrappy and fierce, and if you didn't pick her up and slam her to the mat and pin her quick, she was likely to score a point on you. It was a no-win situation.

Never underestimate anyone, anything can happen. So long as the girl isn't getting hurt, I'm taking any challenge seriously, it's faulty and disrespectful to the other competitor not to.

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I spared with a 95 lbs woman in my dojo- she could throw me a good 6 foot.

Codename Section
01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Was she hot though? Sorry, I'm awful

Chloe
01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

I told you not to mess with me

Heyduke
01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Never underestimate anyone, anything can happen. So long as the girl isn't getting hurt, I'm taking any challenge seriously, it's faulty and disrespectful to the other competitor not to.

A swift kick to the genitals is not allowed in wrestling. I did two years of jiu jitsu a while back, and my wrestling skills helped, but I kept leaving an arm out to be submitted, and I didn't know how to defend against chokes. Once I learned the basics of submission and choke defense, I'm sorry, but the women in the room no longer had a chance to overcome me. They just don't have the physical attributes to compete, unless you're talking about a white belt against a purple belt or something.

Not only that, but it's a scientific fact that women are much more prone to concussions and knee injuries. It's an evolutionary fact, and there's no getting around it.

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Was she hot though? Sorry, I'm awful

Yes. She was also really cool. I busted her lip once and she laughed about it.

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I told you not to mess with me

Sorry, don't hurt me. :shocked:

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 05:25 PM
A swift kick to the genitals is not allowed in wrestling. I did two years of jiu jitsu a while back, and my wrestling skills helped, but I kept leaving an arm out to be submitted, and I didn't know how to defend against chokes. Once I learned the basics of submission and choke defense, I'm sorry, but the women in the room no longer had a chance to overcome me. They just don't have the physical attributes to compete, unless you're talking about a white belt against a purple belt or something.

Not only that, but it's a scientific fact that women are much more prone to concussions and knee injuries. It's an evolutionary fact, and there's no getting around it.

Choke defense? Don't let them get you in a choke hold! Tuck your chin into your chest and grab their arm with both hands, and hip or shoulder throw.

Heyduke
01-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Choke defense? Don't let them get you in a choke hold! Tuck your chin into your chest and grab their arm with both hands, and hip or shoulder throw.

well, yea, but if you come from a strictly wrestling background where chokes are illegal, it takes a few months to learn to feel them coming. If you're wearing a gi, people use the fabric to choke you out. Or, you take someone down with a throw and they lure you into a triangle choke. But, once you learn to defend against stuff like that, and how to pass guard, I'm sorry but women just can't compete. It's like the difference between the NBA and the WNBA. There's no real comparison. Apples and oranges.

pragmatic
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Buncha pussies....

The Xl
01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

I saw an 100 lbs girl who knew BJJ choke out a muscle bound 220 lbs guy in a grappling match before. Dude was dicking around and paid for it. If you start to get acquainted with grappling, then yea, it's going to be hard for a woman to beat you, but carelessness leads to defeat.

Never underestimate anyone.

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
well, yea, but if you come from a strictly wrestling background where chokes are illegal, it takes a few months to learn to feel them coming. If you're wearing a gi, people use the fabric to choke you out. Or, you take someone down with a throw and they lure you into a triangle choke. But, once you learn to defend against stuff like that, and how to pass guard, I'm sorry but women just can't compete. It's like the difference between the NBA and the WNBA. There's no real comparison. Apples and oranges.

I don't really look at it as competition (for me). My interest is ending an attack as fast and unfairly as possible. I would likely get disqualified in a competition.

Codename Section
01-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't really look at it as competition (for me). My interest is ending an attack as fast and unfairly as possible. I would likely get disqualified in a competition.

Depends on the competition. Sometimes you just make money.

Peter1469
01-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Depends on the competition. Sometimes you just make money.

I heard. :smiley: