PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Get Married too?

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Now that gays are getting married in more and more states under the legal reasoning that its a violation of their constitution rights under the 14th Amendment why can't a gay pedophile marry his sister? What would be the legal justification against such a union?

Fredy
01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Are you a hetero pedophile who wants to marry his brother?

Because you can't any more than a gay pedo could.

It's called *equal protection* under the law.

You should study up on it before you drag bestiality out because the same principle applies.

Mr. Freeze
01-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Age of consent? Death by your father's shotgun? Lots of reasons.

Mr Happy
01-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Do you know what the term 'consenting adults' means? When you do, get back to us about the 'point' you are 'trying' to make...

Mister D
01-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Do you know what the term 'consenting adults' means? When you do, get back to us about the 'point' you are 'trying' to make...

Why can't he marry his sister assuming they are of age (an utterly arbitrary distinction but for the sake of argument let's say it's objective)?

Fredy
01-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Why can't he marry his sister assuming they are of age (an utterly arbitrary distinction but for the sake of argument let's say it's objective)?

If she's of age, what does his pedophilia have to do with it?

The next time you pose a really stupid question, think it through, and then don't pose it.

Mister D
01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
If she's of age, what does his pedophilia have to do with it?

The next time you pose a really stupid question, think it through, and then don't pose it.

Pedophilia may very well have nothing to do with it, del. It's not my OP. Again, why can't he marry his sister assuming they are of age (an utterly arbitrary distinction but for the sake of argument let's say it's objective)? Let me know when you have a answer. I'll wait. :smiley:

jillian
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM

He has a point? Really? Not quite sure why some people can't grasp simple concepts like consenting adult and child abuse. But it's not like they do this nonsense to denigrate gays or anything. Right?

/sarcasm

Mister D
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
He has a point? Really?

He does, actually. It's pretty obvious.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:09 PM

I don't understand your post. Lets assume both the siblings are of legal age. What then would be the legal justification for a ban on this union?

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I will admit I threw in the gay pedophile tags just to confuse the issue and apparently it has since the actual issue is legal age siblings getting legally married. Take those two issues of being gay and a pedophile out of the equation and if you can without being absurd address the remaining issue.

I am not sure that some of you can to be honest. You are so caught up with attacking any post I may make you can't actually discuss anything rationally

Dr. Who
01-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't understand your post. Lets assume both the siblings are of legal age. What then would be the legal justification for a ban on this union?

Incest laws exist for a reason - primarily because of the high likelihood of genetic defects resulting from inbreeding.

Mr Happy
01-05-2014, 06:18 PM

He can as far as I'm concerned. His business, not mine...

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Incest laws exist for a reason - primarily because of the high likelihood of genetic defects resulting from inbreeding.

So one or both of us become sterilized and that ends that problem.

BTW, before I am accused of wanting to marry my sister she has been dead for almost 20 years now so I don't think that is an issue.

jillian
01-05-2014, 06:24 PM

True. However an incestuous relationship is also likely an indication of some type of abuse.

But incest is not the issue. Nor should homophobes be allowed to obstruct discussion about equal treatment under the law for gays by conflating it with everything unpleasant they can think of. They do it intentionally.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM

If it became an issue like gay marriage has would you support it like you would gay marriage? Would you condone marches and letter writing campaigns or would you merely pay lip service to it?

Dr. Who
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM

BTW, before I am accused of wanting to marry my sister she has been dead for almost 20 years now so I don't think that is an issue.
For those determined to marry, there are many places in the world which permit such a union, provided both parties have reached the age of consent.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:27 PM
True. However an incestuous relationship is also likely an indication of some type of abuse.

But incest is not the issue. Nor should homophobes be allowed to obstruct discussion about equal treatment under the law for gays by conflating it with everything unpleasant they can think of. They do it intentionally.

We are not talking about incest or "homophobia" Jillian. We are talking about if its legal for gays to marry under the equal protection clause why would it not also be legal under the same clause for siblings to marry?

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:28 PM
For those determined to marry, there are many places in the world which permit such a union, provided both parties have reached the age of consent.

It was common practice in ancient Egypt in order to keep the wealth and control within one family

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Is this another one of those topics that are "off limits" because it tends to show just what the progressives are actually asking for?

jillian
We are not talking about incest or "homophobia" Jillian. We are talking about if its legal for gays to marry under the equal protection clause why would it not also be legal under the same clause for siblings to marry?

You were answered.

But one has to ask why you raise that issue since it isn't being discussed as something viable or desire able.

I stand by my prior comments.

Mister D

Thank you for a honest and intellectually consistent response.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
You were answered.

But out one has to ask why you raise that issue since it isn't being discussed as something viable or desire able.

I stand by my prior comments.

LOL LOL LOL

I understand why you don't want to actually address my issue here. I wouldn't either if I were you. That's ok. I am sure there are enough intelligent people who would discuss this.

I believe incest happens far more than you want to recognize. I believe if it can be thought of it has happened on numerous times. The fact that it may not be "desirable" is irrelevant. To most of mankind homosexual unions are not "desirable" but we accept them anyway.

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Necrophilia, incest, pedophilia, bestiality...

This thread is fucking awesome!

Mr Happy
01-05-2014, 06:46 PM
If it became an issue like gay marriage has would you support it like you would gay marriage? Would you condone marches and letter writing campaigns or would you merely pay lip service to it?

I don't do any of those things in support of gay marriage, but I support gay marriage. It is up to the individuals. The only issue I have is abuse/coercion. Otherwise none of my business. I find the act of sodomy repugnant. But then again, I'm hetrosexual. Just because I don't like the act, doesn't mean that my morals should be forced upon others when what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom has no affect on me. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. Doesnt' mean I'm gonna try and step on the toes of those who like that horrible vegetable by trying to get it banned.

I find it funny that the biggest champions in the US for individual freedom are supposed to be conservatives. Yet, when it comes to the crunch they are found wanting.

roadmaster
01-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I will admit I threw in the gay pedophile tags just to confuse the issue and apparently it has since the actual issue is legal age siblings getting legally married. Take those two issues of being gay and a pedophile out of the equation and if you can without being absurd address the remaining issue.

I am not sure that some of you can to be honest. You are so caught up with attacking any post I may make you can't actually discuss anything rationally

Its just as easy to be a gay pedophile as to be a straight one. Studies showed even tho there are less gays in population that admit they are you have a better chance of a gay person being one. Many pedophiles claim to be bi or have had same sex relations hidden. Even if they say they are straight we usually find hidden things.

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 06:51 PM
You folks have to visit WV.

None of this would be an issue if yinz did.

jillian
01-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Its just as easy to be a gay pedophile as to be a straight one. Studies showed even tho there are less gays in population that admit they are you have a better chance of a gay person being one. Many pedophiles claim to be bi or have had same sex relations hidden. Even if they say they are straight we usually find hidden things.

False. Most pedophiles are "heterosexual", though the attraction is to prepubescence.

your comments have zero basis in fact.

roadmaster
01-05-2014, 06:53 PM
False. Most pedophiles are "heterosexual", though the attraction is to prepubescence.

your comments have zero basis in fact. Can you stop following me around.

jillian
01-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Condone letter writing and marches?? The first amendment even protects the right of nazi losers to march. The right to petition ones government doesn't turn on your approval.

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
He has a point? Really? Not quite sure why some people can't grasp simple concepts like consenting adult and child abuse. But it's not like they do this nonsense to denigrate gays or anything. Right?

/sarcasm

I just don't understand how you can discriminate against someone that wants to marry his sister, after all you choose who you fall in love with!

jillian
01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Can you stop following me around.

1. I was on this thread first.
2. You're on a messageboard.
3. Two posts is hardly "following" you.

I'm sorry you don't like it pointed out that your post was baseless. That's life.

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 06:58 PM

So then the higher likelihood that Gay men will be infected with the HIV virus would be a good reason for them not to marry right????

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Thank you very much for your honesty and consistency!

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Can you stop following me around.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Have+some+cream+_33b32b25e3e579547829796a9fbfaec2. jpg

Mr Happy
01-05-2014, 07:00 PM
So then the higher likelihood that Gay men will be infected with the HIV virus would be a good reason for them not to marry right????

Any more than those who sleep around from both sexes are likely to get STDs if they don't use protection...

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:01 PM

there are a lot of gay people that have abuse in there past as well. But you choose to discriminate against those that fall in love with members of there family, through no fault of there own??? WHY?

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Condone letter writing and marches?? The first amendment even protects the right of nazi losers to march. The right to petition ones government doesn't turn on your approval.

Excuse me, but why are you being so obtuse? I wasn't implying I was giving him permission to do anything. Please, if you have nothing constructive to post on this top go bother someone else's thread.

jillian

Why would people in a monogamous relationship be any more likely to get HIV?

zelmo1234

And there are places in the world that would have allowed gays to be married?? So they would not need to be married in the USA, why do you discriminate?

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Excuse me, but why are you being so obtuse? I wasn't implying I was giving him permission to do anything. Please, if you have nothing constructive to post on this topic go bother someone else's thread.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Any more than those who sleep around from both sexes are likely to get STDs if they don't use protection...

How many STD's have no cure and end in death?

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:05 PM

your comments have zero basis in fact.

I give you one Michael Jackson and the Coach and Penn State

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Because they're gay.

... silly

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM

They aren't but its been shown statistically that men are more likely to cheat on their spouse than the reverse. If both are male then the incidence of cheating increases two fold. Or do you believe that gay men are somehow so much more morally superior to straight men they never cheat?

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM

Well I think that statistics would show that Gay Men are much more likely to have the HIV virus? Are they not??

jillian
01-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Excuse me, but why are you being so obtuse? I wasn't implying I was giving him permission to do anything. Please, if you have nothing constructive to post on this top go bother someone else's thread.

You asked if he would condone their petitioning the government. Your statement was clear. No one is being obtuse. You, however, are being disingenuous. Words have meaning. You chose words to convey something.

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:10 PM

wow

LMFAO!

Hey Archie, go have dingbat get you another beer while you're solving life's problems.

Mr Happy
01-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Left untreated, a few. Many hetrosexual people have AIDs. And it is no longer the death sentence it once was. Magic Johnson has had it for 22 years now.

jillian
01-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Michael Jackson was never proved to be a pedophile. He was, however, weird as hell.

So you have one. That's nice. There are far more girls who are abused by pedophiles.

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
wow

LMFAO!

Hey Archie, go have dingbat get you another beer while you're solving life's problems.

Well if pedophiles are not supposed to be Gay??? just thought I would give here something to think about?

jillian
01-05-2014, 07:15 PM

HIV is now largely a treatable chronic illness. People used to die of syphillis. I don't recall anyone ever using that as a basis for saying men shouldn't be able to get married.

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Well if pedophiles are not supposed to be Gay??? just thought I would give here something to think about?

Neither of which are gay, or reportedly gay.

The only thing you gave anyone anything to think about is the common RWNJ misconception of social issues.

But isn't that how ignorance works?

Dr. Who
01-05-2014, 07:22 PM
And there are places in the world that would have allowed gays to be married?? So they would not need to be married in the USA, why do you discriminate?

Primarily because I think incest leads to birth defects and as an intelligent society we should not deliberately reinforce genetic defects and cause problems for our offspring. On a personal level I don't understand having that kind of attraction to someone with whom you were raised.

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Neither of which are gay, or reportedly gay.

The only thing you gave anyone anything to think about is the common RWNJ misconception of social issues.

But isn't that how ignorance works?

Point taken, I was just thinking that there victims was of the same sex??? My Bad!

zelmo1234
01-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Primarily because I think incest leads to birth defects and as an intelligent society we should not deliberately reinforce genetic defects and cause problems for our offspring. On a personal level I don't understand having that kind of attraction to someone with whom you were raised.

And homosexuality leads to a higher likelihood that you will be infected with the deadly HIV virus.

The argument is the same you are discriminating against those that have fallen in love with family members through no fault of their own.

Don't you feel bad about that?

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Point taken, I was just thinking that there victims was of the same sex??? My Bad!

Fair enough, Zel.

The point is, pedophilia isn't a "gay" issue, it's an abnormal sexual attraction to kids issue.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Left untreated, a few. Many hetrosexual people have AIDs. And it is no longer the death sentence it once was. Magic Johnson has had it for 22 years now.

Magic Johnson never had HIV. He used that as an excuse to quit basketball when he started losing his skills.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:32 PM
HIV is now largely a treatable chronic illness. People used to die of syphillis. I don't recall anyone ever using that as a basis for saying men shouldn't be able to get married.

There were laws in the Southern States at least that prohibited marriage licenses to couples who one or both proved positive for syphilis or gonorrhea.

Kalkin
01-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I think the real question is: Should two biological sisters (or brothers), of legal age, be allowed to marry and access the legal benefits of such?

roadmaster
Well I think that statistics would show that Gay Men are much more likely to have the HIV virus? Are they not?? Yes they are.

nathanbforrest45
And homosexuality leads to a higher likelihood that you will be infected with the deadly HIV virus.

The argument is the same you are discriminating against those that have fallen in love with family members through no fault of their own.

Don't you feel bad about that?

I never realized there were so many people who were sibliphobic in this world

Captain Obvious
01-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I think the real question is: Should two biological sisters (or brothers), of legal age, be allowed to marry and access the legal benefits of such?

^^this

iustitia
01-05-2014, 07:52 PM
I think it's amazing that at page seven there hasn't been one person to answer this hilariously absurd, yet totally legitimate question.

nathanbforrest45
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I think it's amazing that at page seven there hasn't been one person to answer this hilariously absurd, yet totally legitimate question.

Thanks for understanding the post.

Mr. Freeze
01-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I am against all government regulation of marriage, childbirth, and the bestowment of rights and privileges for conforming to group rituals.

iustitia
01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for understanding the post.
Thanks for making the modernists uncomfortable with the very premises they use.

Peter1469
01-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Closing thread at Nathan's request.