PDA

View Full Version : Formatting Problems

patrickt
01-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm having trouble with formatting. I write my post, doing a lot of editing, and when it appears all carriage returns and line spaces are gone. Sometimes I have weird fonts and font sizes.

Is it my error or is something wrong?

Common
01-11-2014, 08:57 AM
I have the same problems here, I make a paragraph and it all blends together, I get large fonts that bolded and I have to edit. I havent found a solution either

Chris
01-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Try this. When you enter a post, turn the WYSIWYG feature off.

Locate the A/A button. This one:

http://i.snag.gy/ABKGr.jpg

If when you hover over it with your mouse pointer, it says "Switch Editor to Source Mode", click it to turn off WYSIWYG.

Off, it should look like this when you hover your mouse pointer over it:

http://i.snag.gy/iRgqN.jpg

Peter1469
01-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Are you guys typing directly in the reply box on this website, or using a word processor and pasting it here?

countryboy
01-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I get the same problem if I "go advanced". As well as other little glitches here and there.

Peter1469
01-11-2014, 09:40 AM
I get the same problem if I "go advanced". As well as other little glitches here and there.

I don't have formatting problems unless I paste from another program.

countryboy
01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't have formatting problems unless I paste from another program.
That's because you're "special". :grin:

What browser do you use?

Peter1469
01-11-2014, 09:53 AM
That's because you're "special". :grin:

What browser do you use?

Firefox. IE11 locks up on me and does other strange things. Chrome started to add advertisements to my posts (although I think that only I could see them.) I have not tried Opera on my desktop yet.

Hey, I am special. The lady who brings me my medications says so every day! :cool2:

countryboy
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Firefox. IE11 locks up on me and does other strange things. Chrome started to add advertisements to my posts (although I think that only I could see them.) I have not tried Opera on my desktop yet.

Hey, I am special. The lady who brings me my medications says so every day! :cool2:

Chrome added advertisements to your posts here? I don't think Chrome was doing that, sounds like malware.

Peter1469
01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Chrome added advertisements to your posts here? I don't think Chrome was doing that, sounds like malware.

I don't know; I stopped using Chrome. I have a good AV program and anti-spyware program....

Common
01-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Are you guys typing directly in the reply box on this website, or using a word processor and pasting it here?

Im typing directly