PDA

View Full Version : Said good bye to a friend

zelmo1234
01-11-2014, 09:20 AM
My English springer Tess passed away last night, she was fine in the morning but something happened that blocked her bowel during the day, I took her to the emergency Animal hospital and they thought everything would be fine but a few hours later, she passed away!

I will miss her,, I once had 3 now for the first time in a long time I have No springer's around the house? Sad Day for me!

jillian
01-11-2014, 09:22 AM
My English springer Tess passed away last night, she was fine in the morning but something happened that blocked her bowel during the day, I took her to the emergency Animal hospital and they thought everything would be fine but a few hours later, she passed away!

I will miss her,, I once had 3 now for the first time in a long time I have No springer's around the house? Sad Day for me!

sorry about your loss. losing pets is always horrible.

countryboy
01-11-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss zelmo. :( Losing a member of the family is never easy.

fyrenza
01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
You have my heartfelt sympathy, zelmo1234 ~

Our pets become part of our families, and it's hard to lose a family member.

http://images.cuddlycomments.com/1/324325215663874ce7.gif

GrassrootsConservative
01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
You should look up the Rainbow Bridge poem, zelmo. It always helps me when I lose one of the family.

My condolences.

Peter1469
01-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear about that.

Max Rockatansky
01-11-2014, 09:46 AM

Sorry, Man. It's tough to lose a beloved pet.

Chris
01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear that, zelmo.

Codename Section
01-11-2014, 11:25 AM

Man that would suck. :(

Don't know what I'd do without Rebel. I'm sorry to hear this. Dogs are good friends.

Dr. Who
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
So sorry to hear that Zelmo. Losing a friend is always difficult.

Trinnity
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh so sorry, dear. Dogs are almost people and they're SO precious. I'm sad too. Darn.
:shakeshead:

pragmatic
01-11-2014, 11:44 AM

Genuine condolences. Sad to hear....

pragmatic
01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
But the good news is....

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/all-dogs-go-to-heaven-dog-cloud.jpg

Newpublius
01-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Hopefully we all get to play ball all day long!

Agravan
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/Images/Gate_pics/RB_Poem_Gate.jpg

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown

Max Rockatansky
01-11-2014, 02:09 PM
One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes was "The Hunt" which was written by Earl Hamner, Jr. of "Spencer's Mountain" and "The Walton's" fame.

A hunter and his beloved dog go raccoon hunting one night. The dog goes into a pond after a raccoon and the hunter, Simpson, goes in after his dog Rip. The next morning they wake up next to the pond and start walking home. This is the last 9 minutes of the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L1BSnxH4b4

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_twilight_zone/video/659911538/the-hunt

The Xl
01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

I have a 3 year old husky who I've bonded with tremendously, she's probably my best friend, at least tied for it. I'm gonna be devastated when she goes, but God willing, that won't be for a while.

The Xl
01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Oh so sorry, dear. Dogs are almost people and they're SO precious. I'm sad too. Darn.
:shakeshead:

Dogs>people, most of the time. They'll always have your back.

oceanloverOH
01-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh, Zelmo, my friend! It's so hard to lose a furbaby.....and that's what they are, furry children who never really grow up, who want to play with you and snuggle with you till their last breath....they spend their lives loving you unconditionally. Perhaps that's why we don't get to keep them for very long.....they are so special and dedicated that they just burn out. I lost my sweet little Birman cat Livvie at age 18 to rectal cancer. I could NOT replace her with another cat, just couldn't do it. So instead, I fell in love with my little Shih Tzu dog Jake 5 years ago. I only hope I get to keep him as long as I did Livvie.......because when he has to leave for the Rainbow Bridge, I won't be able to replace him with another dog. I guess it'll be a gerbil for Ocean!

Tess will be waiting for you at the foot of the Bridge............

Mr. Freeze
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Dogs are amazing creatures. If we can learn to love how a dog loves mankind would be saved. They're like furry Buddhas.

The Xl
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
If heaven exists, and my pets aren't there, I'm not going. Fuck that.

pragmatic
01-11-2014, 03:10 PM
One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes was "The Hunt" which was written by Earl Hamner, Jr. of "Spencer's Mountain" and "The Walton's" fame.

A hunter and his beloved dog go raccoon hunting one night. The dog goes into a pond after a raccoon and the hunter, Simpson, goes in after his dog Rip. The next morning they wake up next to the pond and start walking home. This is the last 9 minutes of the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L1BSnxH4b4

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_twilight_zone/video/659911538/the-hunt

Loved it...!!

nathanbforrest45
01-11-2014, 10:34 PM

My sincerest condolences for your loss. I know how heartbreaking the loss of a companion like your dog can be. I had a Jack Russell Terrier for 15 years and we had to have her put down last August. I cried for a week. We have since added another Jack to our household but he can't become a replacement for Molly.

zelmo1234
01-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks to you all I just hope to become the person that Tess thought I was

Common
01-12-2014, 07:33 AM

ah im so sorry to hear that zelmo, its so hard to lose a loyal loving pet, I will be crushed when the time comes for lil max, just like I was for all my pets.

PETS DONT LIVE LONG ENOUGH.

roadmaster
01-13-2014, 06:01 PM

Sorry to hear.

LouC
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
My English springer Tess passed away last night, she was fine in the morning but something happened that blocked her bowel during the day, I took her to the emergency Animal hospital and they thought everything would be fine but a few hours later, she passed away! I will miss her,, I once had 3 now for the first time in a long time I have No springer's around the house? Sad Day for me! So sorry to hear that. I have such a soft heart for our little fuzzy muzzle friends it always tears me up when i hear people relate the loss of their companions.

Akula
02-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Myself, "Baron" and "Duke" express our most sincere condolences.

I had to have my oldest Weimaraner, Max, put down a few months ago. He was 16 (!) .

I'm sure Tess knew how special and well loved she was.

Max Rockatansky
02-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Heartbreaking, but the right thing to do. I had to put down my Bogey whom I'd raised as a pup when she stroked out at 14. I buried her on my land and planted a Magnolia tree over her since she was a true Southern Belle.

http://imageshack.com/a/img268/1927/ys3z.jpg

Common
02-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Ive had pets I had to protect like my little cairn terrier max that we have now and ive had pets that protected me.
I loved them all and they loved me and they didnt care if Iwas big small ugly or handsome, washed or didnt wash, was black or white or fat or skinny, they just loved me because I loved them and showed them

killianr1
02-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Sorry about your loss. I know how hard it can be to loose your best friend.