PDA

View Full Version : Allen West tirade: Wasserman Schultz 'vile...despicable...not a Lady'

Mister D
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
The full email:

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie
Cc: McCarthy, Kevin; Blyth, Jonathan; Pelosi, Nancy; Cantor, Eric
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/Allen_West_tirade_WassermanSchultz_viledespicablen ot_a_Lady.html

Conley
07-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Did she say anything worse than this?

""The gentleman from Florida. who represents thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, as do I, is supportive of this plan that would increase costs for Medicare beneficiaries, unbelievable from a Member from South Florida," Wasserman Schultz said, saying the legislation "slashes Medicaid and critical investments essential to winning the future in favor of protecting tax breaks for Big Oil, millionaires, and companies who ship American jobs overseas.""

West's reaction seems disproportionate to me.

Mister D
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I can't volume on my work PC but I think this might be an ongoing case of disrespect. There is a history here and it appears to be a bad form to call out a member not in attendance.

Conley
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
I see. I was under the impression most of these jokers don't even show up half the time...it doesn't surprise me. I wonder how long it will be until we get one of those crazy fights like we see on the news from Korea or Japan, where people start beating on each other with shoes, etc. Some of these kooks need a good smack upside the head!

MMC
07-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah and now some other Repubs have come out demanding he make an apology to Wasserman Schultz..... Of Course the women og the GOP had to speak out. She is the vocal mouth piece for the Dems. But I notice she didn't want to take on Rubio. I would like to see the Florida GOP make things quite difficult for Ms. High and Mighty.....yet they never do.

Mister D
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah and now some other Repubs have come out demanding he make an apology to Wasserman Schultz..... Of Course the women og the GOP had to speak out. She is the vocal mouth piece for the Dems. But I notice she didn't want to take on Rubio. I would like to see the Florida GOP make things quite difficult for Ms. High and Mighty.....yet they never do.

Florida does seem to have some oddballs...

Conley
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
:D

that's being charitable...not sure if it is the aged population or the cubans, but that place is cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Mister D
07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
:D

that's being charitable...not sure if it is the aged population or the cubans, but that place is cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Sure is. The pols are just obnoxious. Maybe it's the heat?

MMC
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
IMO Wasserman-Schultz is an effective mouthpiece for Democrats.....and she knows how to hit hard. This is an adversary that needs to be nuetralized. She is Nationally known so where ever she speaks. She always damages the GOP. Basically due to none on the right countering anything she says. Nor putting anybody up there with some intelligence. Wake up and quit sending beginners to take her on.

West is concerned about the personal attack, and he then came back with the same. He had the oppoutunity to take her down at least a peg with the national perception. Althought some think he has gone this route to pick up donations for his upcoming election.