PDA

View Full Version : Koran Bruning Back lash grows; Iranians Say Burn The White House.....

MMC
02-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Iranian Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqd fanned the flames of the violence this weekend, telling Haaretz the insult to Islam could be redressed only by burning the White House (http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/iran-military-official-only-burning-white-house-can-make-up-for-burning-koran-1.414765#.T0k-5XriQww.facebook) and hanging the military commanders responsible for the Qur'an burnings.

President Barack Obama apologized (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/02/obama-apologizes-to-karzai-for-koran-burning/1#.T0uR54cgeAU) to Afghan President Harmid Karzai by telephone last Monday, followed up by a letter Thursday. According to USA Today, the letter expressed deep regret for the inadvertent Qur'an burnings and promised action to preclude any repeat of the mistake. The letter also said the persons responsible would be held accountable.

http://news.yahoo.com/qur-burning-backlash-grows-iranian-says-burn-white-174200583.html
Yahoo! Contributor Network – 20 hrs ago<<<<<

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-nato-attacked-seven-u-soldiers-wounded-014622779.html

Anti-Western fury has deepened significantly since the desecration of the Muslim holy book at the main NATO Bagram air base in Afghanistan. NATO described the incident as a tragic blunder.
The U.S. Embassy warned of a "heightened" threat to American citizens in Afghanistan and many Westerners are on "lock down", meaning they are not allowed out of their fortified compounds.
Riots have raged across Afghanistan over the past week despite widespread apologies from U.S. leaders, including President Barack Obama and military commanders.

With few signs of the crisis abating, the U.S. ambassador said the United States should resist the urge to pull troops out of Afghanistan ahead of schedule.
In an interview from Rabat, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the violence was "out of hand and it needs to stop".

The high-level killings prompted NATO, Britain, Germany and Canada to withdraw their staff from Afghan ministries.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has repeatedly urged calm and restraint, although he also maintains that those who burned the Korans must be prosecuted.....snip~

Obama better not prosecute nor allow any of our Troopers to be prosecuted! BTW did Hillary think trying to play Mom, will make it stop. Thats all she has to say? Must be to concerned with Syria.....huh?

Mister D
02-28-2012, 09:24 AM
My first reaction was to laugh and I still have a big grin on my face.

Conley
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks does Obama let our troops be prosecuted for this. If he does there darn will be riots in front of the White House!

Mister D
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Prosecuted for what? :huh:

MMC
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
My first reaction was to laugh and I still have a big grin on my face.

I don't.....as I think Obama will follow thru with the bit about those being responsible will be held accountable.

Conley
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Hamid Karzai has repeatedly urged calm and restraint, although he also maintains that those who burned the Korans must be prosecuted

:rollseyes:

MMC
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
No way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks does Obama let our troops be prosecuted for this. If he does there darn will be riots in front of the White House!

Lets hope you would be correct bout that.

Mister D
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't.....as I think Obama will follow thru with the bit about those being responsible will be held accountable.

No way. He knows that will destroy his reelection chances plus I seriously doubt he would ever want to do that.

Mister D
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
:rollseyes:

I saw that. I mean what could they be prosecuted for in terms of a crime even if Obama wanted to do so? Are they subject to Afghan justice? Blasphemy laws?

Conley
02-28-2012, 09:37 AM
I saw that. I mean what could they be prosecuted for in terms of a crime even if Obama wanted to do so? Are they subject to Afghan justice? Blasphemy laws?

You probably know, but I was rolling my eyes at Karazi, not you...

Afghanistan would want to have them tried in their own "courts" I use that term in the loosest possible sense. I agree there's no way Obama lets this happen, especially since their sentence would probably be death.

Mister D
02-28-2012, 09:46 AM
You probably know, but I was rolling my eyes at Karazi, not you...

Afghanistan would want to have them tried in their own "courts" I use that term in the loosest possible sense. I agree there's no way Obama lets this happen, especially since their sentence would probably be death.

I know.

agreed. No way this would ever happen. Obama would be drummed out of office long before the election if he ever did. that said, he knows that's crazy.

MMC
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Plus now some US Cities are on heightened alert. All our troopers are on lock down. They have pulled the staff from the ministry and so to did other NATO Forces.