PDA

View Full Version : Would you marry a wedding singer?

Germanicus
01-25-2014, 11:22 AM
One of my favourite American movies is The Wedding Singer starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I think I like this movie so much because it is about how love and being happy has nothing to do with being rich or upward mobility or The American Dream.

The Wedding Singer has become a cult classic and it has even been made into a Broadway Musical. I think the reason that so many westerners enjoy the story is because many of us know that being happy has little to do with being rich or trying to get rich. Being in love and doing the things that make you happy should be what is important in a relationship.

Men have it easier than women because most men dont really care what kind of job a woman has. Society can encourage women to place too much importance on things that are not important about a man.

I think most men would have no problem marrying a woman that worked a modest job as a singer. I know that women seek security but the capitalist world encourages women to think they must seek more than security. Despite the efforts of the media I am sure that all most people want is a happy and simple life. I think the popularity of The Wedding Singer storyline which is very unAmerican proves that there are still many men and women that value the important things in life. ( I never met any (: )

Upward Mobility is not the secret to happiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnq268y2ms

The Xl
01-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Sure, if the other variables were in place.