PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Rebels Defeated and Lose Homs.....

MMC
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Defeated Syrian rebels left their shattered stronghold in the city of Homs on Thursday after a bloody 26-day army siege aimed at crushing a symbol of the year-long revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.

"We warn the regime against any retaliation against civilians and we hold it fully responsible for their safety," the statement said, adding that the rebels had been forced to leave because they were short of supplies and ammunition.

The ICRC said it had received a "green light" from the Syrian authorities to enter Baba Amro on Friday.

"It's the beginning of Syria's final victory over the Qatari, Saudi, French, American and Zionist conspiracy against Syria," he told Lebanon's Hezbollah-run al-Manar television.

Free Syrian Army commander Riad al-Asaad said the fight against Assad would go on until he fell: "The Free Army has left Baba Amro because of the brutal acts of the regime against civilians," Asaad, who is based in Turkey, told Al Jazeera.
"Baba Amro was a very significant base for the rebels ... a heart of arms transfers and organization. It was a base in Syria where the opposition had full control."

Russia, which along with China, has shielded Syria from U.N. Security Council action, is emerging as a pivotal player in diplomacy over the Syrian crisis.
Moscow has invited Annan for talks on Syria and, according to Kuwaiti officials, will send Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to meet his Gulf Arab counterparts in Riyadh next week.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar have led calls for the world to arm Syrian rebels following last month's Russian-Chinese veto of a draft Security Council resolution critical of Syria.

Kuwait's parliament, dominated by Sunni Islamists, said it had agreed to support the Free Syrian Army and urged the Kuwaiti government to cut relations with Syria.....snip~

Peter1469
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
If the rebels can find oil there the West would be right over to help out.

MMC
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/elite-forces-try-close-syrias-homs-025500109.html (http://news.yahoo.com/elite-forces-try-close-syrias-homs-025500109.html)

Think this changes anything up? notice it does state that even the Sunni Controlled monarchies are worried about the New Version of Democracy as well. I don't know why tho. As they are able to get away with the Same thing that the Shia does. The only difference being the money and Oil that the Saud and Sunni provide for those in the West.

One other thing when do those that get defeated get to make any kind of demands or warnings?

Question: What happens to the Sunni and the Saud when they can no longer produce oil and no longer get away with committing genocide or suppressing those around them? Just what becomes of their azzes then? Thoughts?

I don't know why this fricken reply box is jumping so one cannot put a link in it. WTF is up with that shit.

Conley
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/elite-forces-try-close-syrias-homs-025500109.html

Think this changes anything up? notice it does state that even the Sunni Controlled monarchies are worried about the New Version of Democracy as well. I don't know why tho. As they are able to get away with the Same thing that the Shia does. The only difference being the money and Oil that the Saud and Sunni provide for those in the West.

One other thing when do those that get defeated get to make any kind of demands or warnings?

Question: What happens to the Sunni and the Saud when they can no longer produce oil and no longer get away with committing genocide or suppressing those around them? Just what becomes of their azzes then? Thoughts?

The democracy is a sham, and once the oil runs out they'll keep slaughtering each other but it won't be on the nightly news.

"It's the beginning of Syria's final victory over the Qatari, Saudi, French, American and Zionist conspiracy against Syria," he told Lebanon's Hezbollah-run al-Manar television.

It's always a conspiracy with these guys. :rollseyes:

MMC
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Major blow to those in the West that are about backing this shit, and are involved or trying to get involved in a civil war.

Don't worry the Saud and the Sunni have plenty of money to get what they want.

Conley
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Major blow to those in the West that are about backing this shit, and are involved or trying to get involved in a civil war.

Don't worry the Saud and the Sunni have plenty of money to get what they want.

Oh yeah, Homs falling is big news. The rebels in Libya would have failed too if they didn't get NATO support. This could be the beginning of the end of for the Syrian rebels, since I don't see the West intervening militarily.

MMC
03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
The top general for the Syria Free Army accused Iran and Hizbullah of activly aiding Damascus in quelling dissent in the country.

"Iranian armored divisions are fighting alongside the forces of Assad, and Hizbullah is also supporting the regime," SFA Gen. Hussam Awac, a former sension general with said.

Awac, a former senior officer in Syria's Air Force Intelligence, said the Iranian forces were being hosted in Syria by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

An "Iranian armored brigade is stationed Ahmed Jibril's camps near the Syrian border with Lebanon," Awac said.

The PFLP, run by Jibril, has been accused by senior security officials in Beirut of aiding Syrian intelligence in the kidnapping of Syrian dissidents in Lebanon.

Awac added that rebel fighters in Homs had captured several members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, and "regional experts" working with the military.

Hizbullah "units 101, 102 and 103 are operating in Syria," Awac said, adding that Unit 101 "specializes in carrying out assassinations and explosions.".....snip~

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/153324#.T1FgKvmAogQ
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/153324#.T1FgKvmAogQ

MMC
03-03-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2bump.gif.....Heya CL did ya see this from the Israelis!

Conley
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2bump.gif.....Heya CL did ya see this from the Israelis!

Nope, I missed that. I suppose it would be in the Israeli's interests to play up the Iran connection to Syria. Anything they can do to make Iran look worse and get the U.S. to join them in the military strike. What do you think?

MMC
03-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Nope, I missed that. I suppose it would be in the Israeli's interests to play up the Iran connection to Syria. Anything they can do to make Iran look worse and get the U.S. to join them in the military strike. What do you think?

I don't know.....do you think the source is biased or not reporting accurately? This is the first I have heard of Iranian tanks in Syria or that the Iranians are getting a little R&R on the Sunni while they can. I mean most Israeli Intel is credible.....is it not?

If the Iranians attacked Sunni in Syria. Couldn't the West use that against Iran for meddling in Assads affairs?

Conley
03-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Is this real Israeli intel or just a Israeli website? I don't know the site that is doing the reporting. With so many journalists in Syria I would think that the Western media would pick up on Iranian tanks there. The Obama administration as you know is looking for a reason to enter the mess and if they had evidence of this they would use it to push even more for getting rid of Assad. So until it gets widely reported I am skeptical.

MMC
03-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah.....I am not to familiar with these guys. Moreover theyu had a pics of some tanks up that was from China and T-Square. Trying to show some sort of correlation.

Conley
03-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah.....I am not to familiar with these guys. Moreover theyu had a pics of some tanks up that was from China and T-Square. Trying to show some sort of correlation.

That's pretty funny, you have to admit.

MMC
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
That's pretty funny, you have to admit.

I got it now.....The Syrian rebels were saying this. They also state there is a division of Iranian tanks up by the border near Turkey. Which if they will lie about this. Knowing the West can confirm if there are Iranian tanks there or not. Then what is all in the west thinking, that putting these people in power would change anything? Knowing they will outright falsify information and especially Intel. That they will say and do anything to make the grab for power. While promising to be all about Democracy and Humanitarian Rights.

Conley
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
They will say or do anything to get the West to intervene militarily on their behalf. I can't blame them too much since it seems they are being blown to smithereens. Our people need to be smart enough to know when they're being lied to.

MMC
03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Yeah.....thanks for hitting this up again, CL! As long as we don't get involved. I am all for such. Which includes backing, NGO bullshit, or any NFP's.

Guess thats about as far as you and I can take this unless anything else is brought up.

Conley
03-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah.....thanks for hitting this up again, CL! As long as we don't get involved. I am all for such. Which includes backing, NGO bullshit, or any NFP's.

Good point...we should do our best to make the situation favorable to our interests but we need to keep our investment in proportion to the interests being served.