PDA

View Full Version : An option to drones in the USA.

Cthulhu
01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Despite the needlessness of it. And the constitutionality of it I think we can learn from the Aussies.

The Combat Wombat-
http://www.ecocitizenaustralia.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/solar-combat-wombat.jpg

In a hurried announcement this morning The Australian Defence Force released details of their latest clean energy developments in an alarming report stating that a new breed of autonomous solar powered wombat soldier will be deployed for domestic and overseas combat situations.

In a joint effort between the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Australian Defence Force (ADF) called the Autonomous Wombat Research Department (AWRD) there are firm plans in place to deploy these genetically modified autonomous crime ‘regulating’ wombats onto the streets of Australia for an initial trial period before ‘rolling out’ the wombats to the rest of the world.

Source (http://www.ecocitizenaustralia.com.au/solar-powered-wombat-assassins/).

...besides, wombats are way fuzzier and more child friendly than you average drone. Most people hate drones, but who hates on wombats?

Heyduke
01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
I worry about negative unintended consequences. While wombats can be tamed, like raccoons, they can easily revert to wild behavior. Like Robocop, they might go off-program.

"A charging wombat is capable of knocking an average-sized man over. Its razor sharp teeth and strong jaws can result in severe wounds. There was a case of a naturalist called Harry Frauca, who once suffered a 2 cm (0.79 in) deep wombat’s bite into the flesh of his leg while wearing rubber boots, trousers and thick woollen socks (Underhill, 1993).

What differs wombats from most of other Australian marsupials is their relatively large brain. Compound with strong survival insticts, it allows a tamed hand-raised wombat to be easily returned into the wild."

Cthulhu
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM
I worry about negative unintended consequences. While wombats can be tamed, like raccoons, they can easily revert to wild behavior. Like Robocop, they might go off-program.

"A charging wombat is capable of knocking an average-sized man over. Its razor sharp teeth and strong jaws can result in severe wounds. There was a case of a naturalist called Harry Frauca, who once suffered a 2 cm (0.79 in) deep wombat’s bite into the flesh of his leg while wearing rubber boots, trousers and thick woollen socks (Underhill, 1993).

What differs wombats from most of other Australian marsupials is their relatively large brain. Compound with strong survival insticts, it allows a tamed hand-raised wombat to be easily returned into the wild."

We'll have them report for Wombat re-education weekly then. Still I would rather have armed wombats than on the streets than impersonal drones.

Heyduke
01-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Do most people hate drones? I wonder. I see more and more personal quad copter drones buzzing around with go-pro cameras on them. They're beginning to pester surfers out in the water. Most people are technophiles, and the more novel the thing is, the more they line up around the block to pre-order it.

I hate drones. I'm practicing with my wristrocket (slingshot). I would much prefer wombats, even if they're womborgs.

Captain Obvious
01-30-2014, 09:59 AM
I think if a Republican POTUS were in office, all this anti-drone stuff would not exist.

Cthulhu
01-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Do most people hate drones? I wonder. I see more and more personal quad copter drones buzzing around with go-pro cameras on them. They're beginning to pester surfers out in the water. Most people are technophiles, and the more novel the thing is, the more they line up around the block to pre-order it.

I hate drones. I'm practicing with my wristrocket (slingshot). I would much prefer wombats, even if they're womborgs.

I guess should clarify. You see, I love drones and ROV's - a lot. I don't even mind that the government has them. But I don't like what they are doing with them.

Much like how I don't hate alcohol, I do hate that some people use it irresponsibly then do illegal and harmful stuff afterwards though while under its influence.