PDA

View Full Version : Why the EU Will Fail

Chris
03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
The authors call this Punk Economics: Lesson 2, but it's more Financial Markets: Lesson 2. Keep in mind as you watch that the EU is what supports all this, it would not be possible with out the EU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V5z0rQRdsiE

Conley
03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
What happened to Episode 1? I'll check these out in the AM.

MMC
03-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Good let the EU fail.....I don't know how Chris can listen to each of their different economists over there. I have listened to them for 2 years and all it does is get me irked. None of them have been right about to much and only after the fact of Austerity Measures taking place. Do they even come close to gettting anything right. Course then all their speculation on whats going to go down here with the US.

Apparently now they feel they have weathered the worst of things and that they are only going to be in a mild recession. That these measures and financial plans are still being set with the what some might say favorable optimism. That they believe they will achieve the more favorable oppourtunities they believe is coming their way.

Are these nothing more than false hopes?

I have a question.....how is it we suffer if the European's Economies Fail? Doesn't this just open up more availability for our Buisness sector to grow and take over those markes that the EU can no longer manage or hold.

If we are following Capitalism Ideaology.....wouldn't or Shouldn't we be trying to put them out of buisness as a competitor?

Today The Greek Financial Minister stated there would be no 3rd bailout for Greece. But that if they do, their Eurpoean Counter-parts will back Greece. Then Warned the EU that they need to take this offer Greece is presenting. As if their Bond Holders can reject anything that the EU, IMF, and ECB are telling them.

Chris
03-06-2012, 08:22 AM
What happened to Episode 1? I'll check these out in the AM.
Had trouble with posting it. I wanted to provide just a link but editor kept changing it to a video. Here, I'll try again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAR0VRLRGHE&feature=related

JUst a link, but shows as video, oh well.

Chris
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Good let the EU fail.....I don't know how Chris can listen to each of their different economists over there. I have listened to them for 2 years and all it does is get me irked. None of them have been right about to much and only after the fact of Austerity Measures taking place. Do they even come close to gettting anything right. Course then all their speculation on whats going to go down here with the US.

Apparently now they feel they have weathered the worst of things and that they are only going to be in a mild recession. That these measures and financial plans are still being set with the what some might say favorable optimism. That they believe they will achieve the more favorable oppourtunities they believe is coming their way.

Are these nothing more than false hopes?

I have a question.....how is it we suffer if the European's Economies Fail? Doesn't this just open up more availability for our Buisness sector to grow and take over those markes that the EU can no longer manage or hold.

If we are following Capitalism Ideaology.....wouldn't or Shouldn't we be trying to put them out of buisness as a competitor?

Today The Greek Financial Minister stated there would be no 3rd bailout for Greece. But that if they do, their Eurpoean Counter-parts will back Greece. Then Warned the EU that they need to take this offer Greece is presenting. As if their Bond Holders can reject anything that the EU, IMF, and ECB are telling them.
I don't consider them economists, but government bureaucrats and technocrats, inventing schemes like cash for trash to hold up liberal fascism/crony capitalism.

It affects us because economics is global. Nations don't trade, people do.

MMC
03-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't consider them economists, but government bureaucrats and technocrats, inventing schemes like cash for trash to hold up liberal fascism/crony capitalism.

It affects us because economics is global. Nations don't trade, people do.

Yes but to really be global does not all have to be involved? What, isn't like only 70 nations out of 193 that are taking part?

Chris
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Maybe not sure what you're getting at, MMC, but we trade with Europe, they likely invest in our own debt, etc, so what happens there will have an affect.

MMC
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Maybe not sure what you're getting at, MMC, but we trade with Europe, they likely invest in our own debt, etc, so what happens there will have an affect.

I was going with the capitalistic model that we gobble them up and take over all they had. With us replacing them within the niche. What would it matter if they were no longer a part of it.

Also that with what they now consider to be the global economy. That all are not participating so therefore, the terminology of such is not true. Or how can their model reflect such missing half the planet that is not contributing?

Don't you think our Pols have moved within the realm of the technocrats as well?

Conley
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Good video.

"When something can't go on forever, it will stop"

Greece having to borrow 10% just to keep going while its economy shrinks quarter after quarter is just postponing the inevitable IMO.

Chris
03-06-2012, 11:39 AM
MMC "I was going with the capitalistic model that we gobble them up and take over all they had."

Hmm, I don't really consider that capitalism. Capitalism, or better free markets, emerges from competition and cooperation. I can't get what I want unless I exchange with others for what they want.