PDA

View Full Version : Hey. Whatchya Drinkin?

Conley
03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Left hand - Jameson

Right hand - Stone IPA

Conley
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Aw hell.

Captain Obvious
03-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Buddy of mine (dude I'm having a toddy with tomorrow) has a similar thread with thousands of replies to it over on the Stiller forum I'm on called Watchinz Drinkin?

Yeungling - in cans (as a rule, green bottles skunk).

The beer joint in my little town stopped carrying it for some reason but the best 'value' for beer I've seen in a long time was Black Label. Six fitty for a 12 pack and for rotgut beer, it ain't bad - especially at that price.

Captain Obvious
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I also toggle between whatever and Yeungling black n' tan, which is pretty good beer. Comes in green bottles though but dark beer doesn't skunk that easily, haven't had one yet.

Fucking beer snobs are killing it for us though, I noticed that Yeungling is making a Bock beer. Hey - great, I like Yeungling, great beer, traditional brewing styles, porter is great, so's the Chesty ale.

Fucking battery acid, marketing to the beer snobs for sure. Bock should be strong, high in alcohol, strong almost sweet body, medium hop. This one is way, way over hopped, no body, no flavor other than battery acid. Fucking garbage, just like almost every other "craft" brewed micro I've tried. Not even close to style.

Fucking beer snobs.

Conley
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Buddy of mine (dude I'm having a toddy with tomorrow) has a similar thread with thousands of replies to it over on the Stiller forum I'm on called Watchinz Drinkin?

Yeungling - in cans (as a rule, green bottles skunk).

The beer joint in my little town stopped carrying it for some reason but the best 'value' for beer I've seen in a long time was Black Label. Six fitty for a 12 pack and for rotgut beer, it ain't bad - especially at that price.

Black Label costs a lot more here. :evil: :grin:

MMC
03-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Pots of Coffee.....thats what I am drinking.

RollingWave
03-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I drink mostly just teabags (no particular favorts, anything from foreign to local brands and occasionally real dried tea leafs) or just plain water . I almost never drink beer or liquer unless someone invite me to some. though I do drink a good bit of tea / juice type of beverage , probably not everyday but at least a couple times a week, Taiwan has a boatload of differen brands on that sort of stuff and also it's own brands of rootbeers etc... some of you probably heard of Pearl Milk Tea, though most stands thats only one of about 20-30 type of drinks they sell.

Conley
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Cool. I've been drinking a lot English breakfast tea and also herbal tea lately. Water this morning. Someone had a little too much last night, not saying who.

Chris
03-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Coffee, two cups a day. Coke if I need another shot of caffeine.

Used to drink beer, Shiner, but haven't for years, no particular reason.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 09:43 AM
5-6 cups of tea during the work week. Various kinds. Black in the AM but I switch to green and lighter teas in the afternoons. RW, Taiwan has some very nice teas. China as well, of course. I only drink Chinese teas now.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Shiner is a southern beer, right? I saw it when I visited my brother in LA. It's brewed in Texas if I remember correctly.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Left hand - Jameson

Right hand - Stone IPA

Double fisting, huh? Getting some work done? :laugh: :wink: :rollseyes:

Peter1469
03-08-2012, 11:17 AM
How much water do you guys drink. During my work day I probably drink 60-80 ounces of water. And that is on top of 4 cups of coffee.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
In the warmer weather I drink at least a quart before leaving work. I run when I get home and then drink a quart of G-2. Most teas contribute to your fluid levels plus you get a substantial amount of water from solid food. I drink when I'm thristy or my mouth is dry. I just listen to my body.

Conley
03-08-2012, 11:21 AM
4 cups of coffee spread out over the whole day or back-to-back?

I think I drink about 20-30 oz of water besides the tea/coffee I drink (1-2 cups a day). I drink a lot more water in the summer, but when it's cold I don't find it as appealing.

Conley
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
In the warmer weather I drink at least a quart before leaving work. I run when I get home and then drink a quart of G-2. Most teas contribute to your fluid levels plus you get a substantial amount of water from solid food. I drink when I'm thristy or my mouth is dry. I just listen to my body.

I think I get a lot of water from the vegetables I eat. Also, in the winter I have a lot of broths so there's obviously water there too.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I think I get a lot of water from the vegetables I eat. Also, in the winter I have a lot of broths so there's obviously water there too.

From what I've read peopel get around 20% of their water from solid foods.

Peter1469
03-08-2012, 11:25 AM
4 cups of coffee spread out over the whole day or back-to-back?

I think I drink about 20-30 oz of water besides the tea/coffee I drink (1-2 cups a day). I drink a lot more water in the summer, but when it's cold I don't find it as appealing.

2 cups before I work out at 730 and two more cups around 11am.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
2 cups before I work out at 730 and two more cups around 11am.

I wake up at 7:30 and somehow I get to work. That's it for me until the PM hours.

ramone
03-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Left hand - Jameson

Right hand - Stone IPA

Jameson's is most likely the best whiskey ever made. I love the stuff, as for beer I got hooked on Warsteiner while in the military in Germany.

I only drink one or two bottles of water a day unless it's one of the 110 degree days that my clothes are wet down to my knees, literally. Then it takes quite a bit more and I about quite drinking coffee, maybe a cup in the morning. Makes me jittery now days it seems.

Chris
03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Shiner is a southern beer, right? I saw it when I visited my brother in LA. It's brewed in Texas if I remember correctly.
In Shiner TX. About an hour drive.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
In Shiner TX. About an hour drive.

Thanks. I thought I remembered that. I drank that and Abita down there.

Peter1469
03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Abita is made in Louisiana. Good beer.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Abita is made in Louisiana. Good beer.

I liked it. I thought it was a little sweet but not sweet enough to make me not like it. I would definitely have it again,. I see Shiner here in NJ once in a while but I have never seen Abita.

Peter1469
03-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Abita has 3 beers. Amber, turbodog and purple haze.

Mister D
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM

I know it wasn't turbo dog. Must have been amber. I would remember turbo dog. Emeril cooks with that. :grin:

Mister D
03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
OK so I went to abita.com and they tell me everyone around me carries it. I'm calling BS on that but I will dutifully check it out on Saturday. I've got a hankering for it now. I'm supposed to go down again to visit my bro and his family. I'll prep with some Abita in NJ. :grin:

Peter1469
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Let me know what you find.

MMC
03-09-2012, 03:12 AM
When ya suppose to head down there D?

ramone
03-10-2012, 12:10 AM

Purple Haze........I'll stick with the Shiner from Texas, I've drank quite a few cases and it is some good bock beer. I always thought Hendrix was over rated, a pedal or two and some theatrics, naw, I'll stick with something like this. Nothing racial, just my preference in music. If they went head to head Mark would kick jimmy's butt. I've heard this song countless time but never exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKovMuzox3Y

gophangover
04-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Johnny Walker Black & Guinness Black Lager.

Alias
04-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Today I'm drinking home brewed iced tea with lemon slice.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I've seen that Guiness black lager, I can't bring myself to try it. Sounds too gadgety. Yeungling makes a great black beer - two of them actually, the porter and a black and tan, both are fantastic.

And cheaper than GBL.

Drinking Straub right now.

http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/Straub-Beer-Labels-Straub-Brewery_31332-1.jpg

Mister D
04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Classic. :cool2:

Captain Obvious
04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Classic. :cool2:

Seriously? I'm surprised you've heard of Straub. Straub brewery is about maybe less than an hour drive from us, my wife goes there just for beer.

You just drive up to the door, they take your money and put the beer in your trunk. Tiny, family owned brewery. Beer's pretty good - not spectacular.

I had a friend who moved to my area from California, he was asking me about the craft beers in the area. Told him if he wanted craft beer, he's SOL, but Straub is nearby and he foo-fooed me on that. Then he stopped by and discovered they had an "eternal tap" - which is pretty much a free beer for anyone who walks in off the street.

He stayed so long, they asked him to leave.

:laugh:

Mister D
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
That's a classic beer to me but I guess it's because I grew up in this region. It was first brewed in the 1870s.

Good story. :grin:

gophangover
04-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I've seen that Guiness black lager, I can't bring myself to try it. Sounds too gadgety. Yeungling makes a great black beer - two of them actually, the porter and a black and tan, both are fantastic.

And cheaper than GBL.

Drinking Straub right now.

http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/Straub-Beer-Labels-Straub-Brewery_31332-1.jpg

If you try the Guinness, you probably won't go back to Yeungling. It's that good.

MMC
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
22nd of April.....7:58am. Coffee.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 08:04 AM
22nd of April.....7:58am. Coffee.

Go juice for the doodie.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 08:05 AM
If you try the Guinness, you probably won't go back to Yeungling. It's that good.

I might have to give it a try if I can get a single at the local.

I'm a value beer drinker, I look for good beer that isn't over-expensive. Guiness is fairly expensive, but the stout is good so I drink it but not all the time. Bought a couple 4-packs last weekend. It has to be very good for me to spend money on it, but Yeungling is pretty decent stuff and not that expensive, so I get it often.

Fucking beer snob dickholes ruined it for everyone. If it's as bitter as battery acid and you have to take a fucking mortgage out for a beer, they'll be tripping over each other to get it. Used to be you could get really good, exotic beer cheaply until the fucking beer snobs came around and killed it.

I used to buy (this was maybe 20 years ago) cases of Cooper's Stout, Australian stout for ten bucks for a case of 24oz bottles. Great stout until they found out that if they bottle it in 12oz bottles, beer snobs will pay $50 a case for it.

Fucking dicks, they suck.

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Go juice for the doodie.

Whats a doodie? :undecided:

Conley
04-22-2012, 08:17 AM

It's a play off The Dude?

http://cinemonkey.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dude.jpg

gophangover
04-22-2012, 08:27 AM
I might have to give it a try if I can get a single at the local.

I'm a value beer drinker, I look for good beer that isn't over-expensive. Guiness is fairly expensive, but the stout is good so I drink it but not all the time. Bought a couple 4-packs last weekend. It has to be very good for me to spend money on it, but Yeungling is pretty decent stuff and not that expensive, so I get it often.

Fucking beer snob dickholes ruined it for everyone. If it's as bitter as battery acid and you have to take a fucking mortgage out for a beer, they'll be tripping over each other to get it. Used to be you could get really good, exotic beer cheaply until the fucking beer snobs came around and killed it.

I used to buy (this was maybe 20 years ago) cases of Cooper's Stout, Australian stout for ten bucks for a case of 24oz bottles. Great stout until they found out that if they bottle it in 12oz bottles, beer snobs will pay $50 a case for it.

Fucking dicks, they suck.

The best expensive beer is Celebrator Dopple Bock, $10.00 for a four pack. I used to brew my own. 21 pounds of malt in a five gallon batch. Most beer that adhere to Bavarian purity laws have 4-7 pounds. Most American beers like Bud, Coors and Miller only have 2 pounds of malt and the rest is rice and sugar. That chit sucks.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 08:35 AM

ROTFL! It's the thing you toss in the can every morning. You know, your constitution. The best things in life are free.

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:36 AM
It's a play off The Dude?

http://cinemonkey.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dude.jpg

Oh yeah.....Its all coming back to me now. :laugh:

Conley
04-22-2012, 08:36 AM
ROTFL! It's the thing you toss in the can every morning. You know, your constitution. The best things in life are free.

:roflmao:

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Yet man feels a sense of accomplishment after seeing what he has built with his own two hands. Even if it is not for himself. All it took was free effort. :wink:

gophangover
04-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Yet man feels a sense of accomplishment after seeing what he has built with his own two hands. Even if it is not for himself. All it took was free effort. :wink:

Honey, come and look what I just made!:grin20:

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Honey, come and look what I just made!:grin20:

Yeah.....then the first words out of the Ole ladys mouth. Is that suppose to be like that. :laugh: :grin:

Conley
04-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Best part of having a digital scale...weighing yourself before and after to figure out just how productive you were. :)

gophangover
04-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah.....then the first words out of the Ole ladys mouth. Is that suppose to be like that. :laugh: :grin:

Hon, bring the plunger!

Conley
04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Guess which room I'm posting this from? :shocked:

gophangover
04-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Wow man, that's high tech!

Conley
04-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Wow man, that's high tech!

Laptops are amazing inventions. :grin:

gophangover
04-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Laptops are amazing inventions. :grin:

Don't get any on the keys.

MMC
04-22-2012, 10:04 AM

:tmi:

Alias
04-22-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm drinking black coffee with banana bread.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Did it work yet?

MMC
04-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Same here.....the OL made banana bread last night. I luv that stuff. :smiley:

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 01:27 PM
The best expensive beer is Celebrator Dopple Bock, $10.00 for a four pack. I used to brew my own. 21 pounds of malt in a five gallon batch. Most beer that adhere to Bavarian purity laws have 4-7 pounds. Most American beers like Bud, Coors and Miller only have 2 pounds of malt and the rest is rice and sugar. That chit sucks.

I brew my own shit also. I have a thread here about it I think, but I have a draft system and all that shit.

Currently I'm on a sort of hiatus and I doubt I'll be getting back into it until at least fall. I don't have cool fermenting capabilities.

Hardest beer to brew is lawnmower beer, IMO.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I brew my own shit also. I have a thread here about it I think, but I have a draft system and all that shit.

Currently I'm on a sort of hiatus and I doubt I'll be getting back into it until at least fall. I don't have cool fermenting capabilities.

Hardest beer to brew is lawnmower beer, IMO.

I quit brewing after I gained fifty pounds. I was drinking five gallons a week, now I've cut back to a twelve pack a week. Haven't lost the fifty pounds but at least I'm not still gaining. When I was brewing I bought a frig for $25.00 used, and it was great for lagering. But each batch takes a month to lager, so I also brewed lots of ales and porters.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Ah, that coffee finally worked, and man do I feel better.:pottytrain5:

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I quit brewing after I gained fifty pounds. I was drinking five gallons a week, now I've cut back to a twelve pack a week. Haven't lost the fifty pounds but at least I'm not still gaining. When I was brewing I bought a frig for $25.00 used, and it was great for lagering. But each batch takes a month to lager, so I also brewed lots of ales and porters.

I have a spare fridge that I bought last summer, new, full sized. Got it on Home Depot's scratch and dent, $240. It's for my draft system but I could use it for lagering.

I'm an ale guy, pale ale, bitters. Nobody knows how to make a good commercial pale anymore, that's a big reason why I'm into homebrewing, but even ales get a little fruity fermenting in warm weather.

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:24 PM
8:22 pm same day. Coffee! :grin:

gophangover
04-22-2012, 09:06 PM
8:22 pm same day. Coffee! :grin:

We all have our addictions.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I drink coffee by the gallon in the mornings and early afternoon. If I had a coffee after 5pm, I'd be climbing the fucking walls at 3am.

gophangover
04-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I have a spare fridge that I bought last summer, new, full sized. Got it on Home Depot's scratch and dent, $240. It's for my draft system but I could use it for lagering.

I'm an ale guy, pale ale, bitters. Nobody knows how to make a good commercial pale anymore, that's a big reason why I'm into homebrewing, but even ales get a little fruity fermenting in warm weather.

More hops. Fuggle is my favorite.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 09:13 PM
More hops. Fuggle is my favorite.

Yeah, fuggle and golding. Buy them by the pound. From the Pacific NW as a rule.

Mister D
04-22-2012, 09:15 PM
I drink coffee by the gallon in the mornings and early afternoon. If I had a coffee after 5pm, I'd be climbing the fucking walls at 3am.

I stop drinking tea around 3PM. Not sure if it would affect my sleep but why take the chance.

MMC
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM

Yep.....works for me as I am out there at that time. Althought once summer hits I then only drink it in the mornings.

gophangover
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Anybody ever drink a DIRTY MOTHER? It's like a WHITE RUSSIAN except with tequila. Then there's the FUZZY NAVEL & SEX ON THE BEACH. I'm not much for sweet drinks though, just give it to me straight. Don't like bourbon. Martini's are ok, make mine vodka not gin. Shots of tequila are great, but they make me bullet proof. I make one for the wife, half CAROL ANN'S IRISH CREAM & half A&W rootbeer on the rocks. Tastes just like a rootbeer float. It only works with CAROL ANN'S and A&W though. Other stuff don't cut it.

Neeka4355
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Yukon Jack and some Pepsi.

Peter1469
05-02-2012, 10:35 PM
makers mart

wingrider
05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
try a bloody mary made with snappytoms spicy with a double shot of vodka..

wingrider
05-03-2012, 01:21 AM
our bartender just told me she bought some vodka with Jalapeno in it .. sounds pretty hot .. don't know how it will be with other drinks but it should be good in a screwdriver or bloody mary.

by the way what do you get when you mix vodka with milk of magnesia?

MMC
05-03-2012, 06:55 AM
try a bloody mary made with snappytoms spicy with a double shot of vodka..

Yeah I like Bloody Marys in the Morning. I always thru in a a couple dashes of Tobasco. Get some Vitamin C at the same time. Althought I would only drink them on the weekends when doing shit around the house.

Conley
05-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Michelob Ultra.

This stuff is surprisingly tasty. Comes in a fru-fru can though.

Also, I feel dirty for supporting a product that features Lance Armstrong in the ad campaign.

tinkerbell
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
First time I ever drank booze got very sick. Sharks Tooth Rum!! Now I just stick with a glass of wine now and then.

MMC
05-10-2012, 01:38 PM
May 10th, 2012.....1:36 pm. COFFEE! :smiley: the Nectar of the Night Shift!

Conley
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
How much coffee do you drink in 24 hours?

Mister D
05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Put some Jameson in my tea on Sunday morning. It was pretty good. I may get a bottle of Jameson. I bought a shot bottle to try it out.

MMC
05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
How much coffee do you drink in 24 hours?

Probably 2 pots right now. Thing is I don't get wired from it. Plus I still go to sleep even after drinking a pot of it.

Mister D
05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Probably 2 pots right now. Thing is I don't get wired from it. Plus I still go to sleep even after drinking a pot of it.

My father used to say that but he cut down to a cup or two a day. he said he used to be able to go right to bed after a cup of coffee,

MMC
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
My father used to say that but he cut down to a cup or two a day. he said he used to be able to go right to bed after a cup of coffee,

I know the feeling. I can do the same. But now that summer is here and I will be retiring. I think I will be able to go back down to the norm. I usually drink more in the Winter as i just can't drink Hot Cocoa or tea all the time.

Conley
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
2 pots is wiggedy wiggedy wack bro. No wonder you have trouble staying asleep.

MMC
05-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Nah.....I had that problem long before I started the coffee.

Conley
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Put some Jameson in my tea on Sunday morning. It was pretty good. I may get a bottle of Jameson. I bought a shot bottle to try it out.

It's about freaking time! Try it without the coffee. :grin:

Conley
05-10-2012, 10:58 PM
These Michelob Ultras have been an epiphany. An epiphany I tell you! :evil:

:drinkupbitchesuo1:

Mister D
05-11-2012, 07:52 AM
The Ultras are good.

Conley
05-11-2012, 09:21 AM
I think they only have 4% alcohol but I must say I was feeling goooooood.

Mister D
05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I think they only have 4% alcohol but I must say I was feeling goooooood.

I like my beers to have around 4.5-5

Mister D
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
It's about freaking time! Try it without the coffee. :grin:

I didn't know what I was missing. Very smooth. Mister D gives Jameson a thumbs up. :grin:

Trinnity
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
IRL, I'm drinking well water with ice. Yum, my fave....it's what I drink almost all the time. That or unsweetened iced tea.

In the virtual world, I'm having a double shot of Crown. In fact, I'm ready for another.

Bottoms up !!!

ramone
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
In the real world, Crown sucks and people drink bottled water because of the contamination. Nothing personal, just saying.

Conley
10-21-2012, 12:26 AM
http://www.tejasliquors.com/wp-content/uploads/stoli-7.jpg

Stoli, bitchez :grin:

Vlad approves

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Vladimir_Putin_12015.jpg/225px-Vladimir_Putin_12015.jpg

Conley
10-21-2012, 12:27 AM
^^ looks like the grump could use a drink

KC
10-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Ive had Smirnoff, coke and rum and some Newcastle. So far. Great night.

IGetItAlready
10-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Diet Cherry Dr Pepper...aka The Nectar of the Gods. :)

Conley
10-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Skimming that rum and coke made me think of rum cake. Which is disgusting IMO, but it tells me the Stoli is working its magic...glad you're having fun tonight! :laugh:

KC
10-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Im starting to sober up now actually. Which is good caus my fiends thought I was out.

Conley
10-21-2012, 12:35 AM

Ooo that is good...I have a weakness for diet sodas so I try to avoid them -- I'd drink 3 or 4 a day if I had them in the house. For some reason I think they're unhealthy even though I've not find any science to really support it. I can't really explain it since I'm not a health nut - I drink way too much booze and eat truckloads of bacon - I just don't trust the diet sodas. Maybe it's my folks influence, we never had a microwave growing up because my mom didn't trust them :laugh:

keymanjim
10-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Jack Daniels and diet coke. Twist of lemon.

You know, the usual.

Conley
10-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Can't go wrong with Jack and Coke...that's as American as Apple Pie :grin:

IGetItAlready
10-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Ooo that is good...I have a weakness for diet sodas so I try to avoid them -- I'd drink 3 or 4 a day if I had them in the house. For some reason I think they're unhealthy even though I've not find any science to really support it. I can't really explain it since I'm not a health nut - I drink way too much booze and eat truckloads of bacon - I just don't trust the diet sodas. Maybe it's my folks influence, we never had a microwave growing up because my mom didn't trust them :laugh:

I have a serious problem with diet soda and I've heard a great deal about how unhealthy they are. But I figure I've already got a microwave in the house so how much more am I risking with a six pack of diet soda a day? :wink20:

keymanjim
10-21-2012, 01:08 AM
I have a serious problem with diet soda and I've heard a great deal about how unhealthy they are. But I figure I've already got a microwave in the house so how much more am I risking with a six pack of diet soda a day? :wink20:
Nah. Diet cola is perfectly all right if you cut it with copious amounts of alcohol.

And a twist of lemon.

Conley
10-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Put enough alcohol in anything and it'll kill all the bad critters. It's a disinfectant so it must be healthy. :laugh:

Conley
10-21-2012, 01:12 AM

Yup and cell phones + computer monitors are giving us cancer too.

Smoke em if ya got em...no other choice

keymanjim
10-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Put enough alcohol in anything and it'll kill all the bad critters. It's a disinfectant so it must be healthy. :laugh:

Well, if you dip a worm in a glass of water it will still squirm around like nothing happened. But, if you dip it into a glass of whiskey, it dies.

Moral of the story, if you drink whiskey you wont get worms.

Conley
10-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Well, if you dip a worm in a glass of water it will still squirm around like nothing happened. But, if you dip it into a glass of whiskey, it dies.

Moral of the story, if you drink whiskey you wont get worms.

And if you drink the tequila straight from the bottle you just might swallow that worm :shocked:

Captain Obvious
10-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Tequila is a tough drink to get drunk on. Stays with you for the rest of the next day.

Canadianeye
10-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Can't go wrong with Jack and Coke...that's as American as Apple Pie :grin:

That reminded me of some drunken fun in Cuba. I brought some of the Apple Pie flavoured gum with me, would give a piece to some Cubans and when they tried to figure out the taste....I told them it was the taste of freedom baby in my best Walter voice. I did mention I was really hammered, right? :evil:

I'm drinking coffee and Baileys this morning.

Calypso Jones
10-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Baileys and Coffee. THAT is my favorite Holiday Season tradition. And i only do it around the holidays cause it can turn into a really bad lifestyle habit in no time at all.

Larry Dickman
10-21-2012, 10:42 AM

I wondered if I was the only person in world to love that brew. I have not had it in over 25 years. I used to go to hole in Greenwich Village called, The Peculiar Pub way back in the early 80's. They had this amazing beer list, hundreds of beers. I had a CDB one day then never tried another, it became MY beer. I need to go find some one day.

Peter1469
10-21-2012, 12:22 PM

There is all kinds of science stating that artificial sweeteners are horrible for you.

KC
10-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Soda in general is bad. I usually avoid it.

Unless there is also rum. And especially tattooed rum. I found out how that works for me last night.

:boozing:

Conley
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
That reminded me of some drunken fun in Cuba. I brought some of the Apple Pie flavoured gum with me, would give a piece to some Cubans and when they tried to figure out the taste....I told them it was the taste of freedom baby in my best Walter voice. I did mention I was really hammered, right? :evil:

I'm drinking coffee and Baileys this morning.

:roflmao: That's hilarious!

Conley
10-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Baileys and Coffee. THAT is my favorite Holiday Season tradition. And i only do it around the holidays cause it can turn into a really bad lifestyle habit in no time at all.

Yep, and it's great in the cold weather too, warms ya inside and out.

Conley
10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
I wondered if I was the only person in world to love that brew. I have not had it in over 25 years. I used to go to hole in Greenwich Village called, The Peculiar Pub way back in the early 80's. They had this amazing beer list, hundreds of beers. I had a CDB one day then never tried another, it became MY beer. I need to go find some one day.

Cool, I'll have to check that out.

Is it this one? Ayinger?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/39/131

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/ayinger-celebrator-doppelbock/1090/

oceanloverOH
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Adult beverage favorites: Kahlua, cream and Bailey's; frozen banana and/or pineapple with coconut milk and light rum. Becauese of my diabetes, I'm not supposed to have those anymore :angry:

Nonalcholic favorites: Diet cocoa with sugarfree vanilla or cinnamon creamer; hot peach tea, crystal light; water wth lots of ice.

Cigar
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Jack Single Barrel or Gentleman Jack and Miller High Life :grin::grin:

Conley
10-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Jack Single Barrel or Gentleman Jack and Miller High Life :grin::grin:

Nice! I've been meaning to try the SB

GrumpyDog
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.crocktees.com/_images/life/romnesia.png

Uhh.. what was I drinking yesterday...?

Captain Obvious
10-21-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.crocktees.com/_images/life/romnesia.png

Uhh.. what was I drinking yesterday...?

Koolaid?

:grin:

Conley
03-15-2013, 11:36 PM
http://gulfaltonroad.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/o/hornitos.repo.jpg

!Me gusta!

Pete7469
03-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Left hand - Jameson

Right hand - Stone IPA

Stone Ruination IPA is the nectar of God's creation.

Conley
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Stone Ruination IPA is the nectar of God's creation.

I am pretty close to Stone (SoCal)...where are you that you can get it? Are they across the country now?

Pete7469
03-15-2013, 11:58 PM
I am pretty close to Stone (SoCal)...where are you that you can get it? Are they across the country now?

They're quite popular in TX. My first Stone's was Arrogant Bastard Ale in 2000. I've got quite a collection of bottles, and my favorites are Stone's, Sam Adam's, Fransikaner's and Shiners. I've had at least 12 varieties of Stone's, including Oaked Bastard, Double Bastard, and some seasonals.

I'm a fan of Ommegang Breweries In NY as well.

Conley
03-16-2013, 12:01 AM
What Sam Adams do you like? My sister buys those assortment packs and likes them but I've never had one of any kind I thought could compare to Stone or Shiner...I'm not a snob just maybe have been drinking the wrong ones

Pete7469
03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
What Sam Adams do you like? My sister buys those assortment packs and likes them but I've never had one of any kind I thought could compare to Stone or Shiner...I'm not a snob just maybe have been drinking the wrong ones

I haven't had a Sam's of any flavor in a while, but I used to put away a lot of the Cherry Wheat.

Honey Brown Lager from JW Dundee was another fav too.

Captain Obvious
03-16-2013, 09:44 PM
My wife's not a big beer drinker but she'll drink Sam Boston Lager, had some today at dinner.

And a bloody ceasar (because I was having one).

Mister D
03-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Whiskey...

Captain Obvious
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Been a while since I drank whiskey. Not that I'm impartial to it, I just like beer as a passive adult beverage.

If I'm at weddings and all they have is budmiller lite, I'll drink a whisky on ice.

I'm partial to bourbons though.

Threeup63
03-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Coffee as i sit here now.diet coke all day long.:afro:

Mister D
03-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Been a while since I drank whiskey. Not that I'm impartial to it, I just like beer as a passive adult beverage.

If I'm at weddings and all they have is budmiller lite, I'll drink a whisky on ice.

I'm partial to bourbons though.

Bourbon is the one type I'm not fond of. I'll drink Makers Mark once in a while but I generally avoid. I had a bad experience with Wild Turkey in my early 20s. 'Twas before I learned that beer before liquor...

Greenridgeman
03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
There is all kinds of science stating that artificial sweeteners are horrible for you.

So is morbid obesity.

I have used sweet and low in my coffee for years, still healthier than my sugar sucking friends.

Peter1469
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
So is morbid obesity.

I have used sweet and low in my coffee for years, still healthier than my sugar sucking friends.

That is good to hear.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Bourbon is the one type I'm not fond of. I'll drink Makers Mark once in a while but I generally avoid. I had a bad experience with Wild Turkey in my early 20s. 'Twas before I learned that beer before liquor...

The two biggest mistakes IMO when it comes to drinking is: a) imbibing on an empty stomach, and b) drinking too fast.

As a rule, I generally eat something about an hour or two before I have that first beer and I don't start drinking "thirsty". I suck down a soda or something first.

oceanloverOH
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Diabetics are boring....alcohol is verboten, so I have only a small amount on very special occasions. My bev of choice is iced tea with a little Splenda. Other than that, I divide my time equally between crystal light and ice water.

Common
03-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Ive never been a heavy hitter with alcohol though ive always embibed. I drink wine with meals often, I do not like most white wines, I do like pinot grigio but I love reds. If I drink beer its just one bottle maybe on occaision two. I also occaisionally have a johnny black on the rocks or Captain Morgan on the rocks. All this is in moderation and not a daily routine

Mister D
03-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I used to drink blended scotch like Johnny Walker but I find single malts much better tasting. Of course Walker Blue is supposed to be great but I am not paying $180 for a bottle of anything.

Mister D
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
So Yukon Jack is a liqueur not a whiskey. Dang Canucks...

Dr. Who
06-03-2013, 09:26 PM
So Yukon Jack is a liqueur not a whiskey. Dang Canucks...Merlot. I generally prefer red wine for my drinking pleasure.

Mister D
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Merlot. I generally prefer red wine for my drinking pleasure.

I prefer Merlot if I'm drinking wine.

Dr. Who
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I prefer Merlot if I'm drinking wine.I find it richer, but less acidic than most others.

Mister D
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I find it richer, but less acidic than most others.

I like dry reds. I really have to be in the mood sweeter or white wines. If it's hot I may grab a bottle of pinot.

Captain Obvious
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeungling lager. Ol'lady's drinking blood orange cooler, which ain't bad.

GrassrootsConservative
06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm drinking an Andy's Surprise with Simply Lemonade.

Mister D
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Yeungling lager. Ol'lady's drinking blood orange cooler, which ain't bad.

speaking of which, I have to get some Chesterfield's.

Captain Obvious
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Ol chesty

KC
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
My girlfriend's girly drinks are incredible.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwlt7UQbvTAbYDPXki3wT4GjaJpN2F5 PvaIIXEc74HQjLBngWdIQ

Mister D
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Dude...

KC
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Dude...

Say what you wanna say, she brought it along with some malt liquor when me and the guys were hanging out, and guess which one we finished.

GrassrootsConservative
06-04-2013, 08:07 PM
My girlfriend's girly drinks are incredible.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwlt7UQbvTAbYDPXki3wT4GjaJpN2F5 PvaIIXEc74HQjLBngWdIQ

Okay I've had the blue but never the purple. How is it?

Mister D
06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Say what you wanna say, she brought it along with some malt liquor when me and the guys were hanging out, and guess which one we finished.

bro...

GrassrootsConservative
06-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Lmao Mister D

GrassrootsConservative
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM

Before I had such a high tolerance I used to love stuff like that. No shame felt saying my favorite drink used to be Jack Daniels Downhome Punch.

KC
06-04-2013, 09:24 PM
My go to drink is Jack w/Coke.

jillian
06-04-2013, 09:51 PM

they still make chesterfields??

Common
06-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm drinking an Andy's Surprise with Simply Lemonade.

What is andys surprise

Common
06-04-2013, 10:03 PM
I had been known in the distant pass to enjoy a few Scotch on the rocks. I also used to indulge in a top shelf whisky or cognac neat. I drank beer sparingly, I never wanted one of those huge bellies where you couldnt see your ummm toes and I didnt like the feeling of being bloated like a blimp, so I drank one or two with certain foods.
Now I have a red wine now and then and not much else. Rarely a whisky straight up. I just dont drink much at all.

GrassrootsConservative
06-04-2013, 10:14 PM
What is andys surprise

Everclear + Lemonade.

Mister D
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
they still make chesterfields??

You might be thinking of the cigarette. I mean this guy.

http://beerimages.pintley.com/5820/lord_chesterfield_large.png

Mister D
06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
I had been known in the distant pass to enjoy a few Scotch on the rocks. I also used to indulge in a top shelf whisky or cognac neat. I drank beer sparingly, I never wanted one of those huge bellies where you couldnt see your ummm toes and I didnt like the feeling of being bloated like a blimp, so I drank one or two with certain foods.
Now I have a red wine now and then and not much else. Rarely a whisky straight up. I just dont drink much at all.

I'm a whiskey and beer man. BTW, it's not so much the beer that gives you the belly but all the crap men typically eat with it.

KC
07-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Had my first (legal) drinking experience last night. A shot of Dead Hitler (Jagermeister + Rumple Minze, no Goldschlager though), a shot of warm gin from the best friend, Jack Daniels Tennesse Honey from the other best friend and a tasty berry flavored shot the bartender made up from the girlfriend.

Mister D
07-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Had my first (legal) drinking experience last night. A shot of Dead Hitler (Jagermeister + Rumple Minze, no Goldschlager though), a shot of warm gin from the best friend, Jack Daniels Tennesse Honey from the other best friend and a tasty berry flavored shot the bartender made up from the girlfriend.

Ugh...I rarely drink more than one type of liquor in a night. You are asking for a hangover.

KC
07-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Ugh...I rarely drink more than one type of liquor in a night. You are asking for a hangover.

I feel fine, actually. Maybe they were spaced out enough, but I think my friends were trying to do their worst!

Mister D
07-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I feel fine, actually. Maybe they were spaced out enough, but I think my friends were trying to do their worst!

Got a headache myself. :sad: The heat here is killing my appetite but not my thirst.

What are friends for!? :grin:

KC
07-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Got a headache myself. :sad: The heat here is killing my appetite but not my thirst.

What are friends for!? :grin:

It's been really beautiful here. Not too hot, but still sunny.

Haha exactly! The guy who got the shot of gin actually asked the bartender what the meanest shot he could get a relatively inexperienced drinker is.

High_Gravity
07-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Everclear + Lemonade.

I like your style.

High_Gravity
07-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Steel Reserve.

KC
08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
http://res.cloudinary.com/ratebeer/image/upload/w_250,c_limit,q_85,d_beer_def.gif/beer_183938.jpg

Mister D
08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I hate stout. I can't even drink it. If it's a choice between stout and sober I'll choose the latter.

KC
08-24-2013, 05:27 PM
I hate stout. I can't even drink it. If it's a choice between stout and sober I'll choose the latter.

Really? I liked it. I got a sampler with a mix of different Stouts and IPAs. The one I posted was my favorite of the Stouts.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Really? I liked it. I got a sampler with a mix of different Stouts and IPAs. The one I posted was my favorite of the Stouts.

I'm a lager man. I like wheat ales too. Hey, I'm not knocking it. To each their own. IPAs are way too bitter for me. We appear to have very different taste in beer.

countryboy
08-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Trying to save some money and recently found that I like Yuengling Light Lager in cans. Twenty bucks a case. :)I usually drink Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in bottles, nine bucks a six pack.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Lord Chesterfield Ale from Yuengling is nice. The brewery is not far from me. My friend toured it.

KC
08-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm a lager man. I like wheat ales too. Hey, I'm not knocking it. To each their own. IPAs are way too bitter for me. We appear to have very different taste in beer.

I'm open minded when it comes to beer, I just avoid the big three beer companies for the most part, although I do like Leinenkugel's.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm open minded when it comes to beer, I just avoid the big three beer companies for the most part, although I do like Leinenkugel's.

You have an awesome little brewery out there in Milwaukee. Damn I forget the name. I like it so much we actually considered driving out there.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 05:43 PM
It's just so me...

http://greatbrewers.com/sites/default/files/images/Yuengling Lord Chesterfield Ale.jpg

countryboy
08-24-2013, 05:46 PM
You have an awesome little brewery out there in Milwaukee. Damn I forget the name. I like it so much we actually considered driving out there.
Shotz? :D

KC
08-24-2013, 06:02 PM

You mean the Miller one?

Mister D
08-24-2013, 06:05 PM
You mean the Miller one?

nah, it's relatively tiny. I found it. Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprecher_Brewery

KC
08-24-2013, 06:08 PM
nah, it's relatively tiny. I found it. Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprecher_Brewery

Oh Sprecher! Whatever you do don't have their Hard Root Beer. Nasty.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh Sprecher! Whatever you do don't have their Hard Root Beer. Nasty.

That sounds awful. I don't get the whole hard lemonade etc thing.

Hefe Weiss - Bavaria wheat ale :cool2:

Peter1469
08-24-2013, 06:48 PM

I love a good stout.

Dr. Who
08-24-2013, 09:15 PM
I love a good stout.

Have to admit I'm not much of a beer drinker, but stout tastes rather medicinal to me - on the other hand it's supposed to be good for you.

fyrenza
08-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Redd's Apple Ale, made by Miller

http://www.totalwine.com/_static/webupload/730/1_125315126_3.jpg

Chloe
08-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Redd's Apple Ale, made by Miller

http://www.totalwine.com/_static/webupload/730/1_125315126_3.jpg

Is that stuff any good? I've seen the commercials.

Mister D
08-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Have to admit I'm not much of a beer drinker, but stout tastes rather medicinal to me - on the other hand it's supposed to be good for you.

Yes, it does. Yuck.

Dr. Who
08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Yes, it does. Yuck.I guess it's an acquired taste.

countryboy
08-24-2013, 10:59 PM
I guess it's an acquired taste.

Nah, ya either like it or ya don't. I like a good stout on occasion. None of that weak Guinness stuff either, but a good Siberian stout.

Captain Obvious
08-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Coopers from Australia made a great bottle conditioned stout, used to be able to get it in quart bottles a long time ago, haven't seen it in decades.

Guinness is good but pretty much has a lock on the US stout market. There are a couple of good stouts out there commercially but I'm disappointed that there aren't more good micro brewed stouts available.

Sam Smith makes one but you need to take out a mortgage on it, but if you've never had a good British imperial stout, you're really missing out.

Max Rockatansky
08-25-2013, 06:49 AM

My favorite is diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I was saddened when Dr. Pepper stopped distributing it in 2 liter bottles. Now I have to purchase the much higher priced 12-pack.

I'm drinking coffee at the moment. Either a diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper or a beer for lunch and White Russians later this evening.

Max Rockatansky
08-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Is that stuff any good? I've seen the commercials.

I did too and bought a six-pack last week, but haven't tried it yet. At the moment, I'm still working on a Blue Moon Seasonal Sampler 12-pack. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but do like one after working in the yard on a hot day. I keep a 12-pack of Miller Lite in my garage but that's for marinade and making chilis and stews.

fyrenza
08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
OH! I had no idea y'all were connoisseurs :eek:

My "usual" is Miller High Life ~ it resonates with the stoner, in me.

Anyway,

back your regularly scheduled thread :

Mainecoons
08-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Very competent Mexican beer or very excellent Tequila. And without it being taxed to death.

countryboy
08-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Very competent Mexican beer or very excellent Tequila. And without it being taxed to death.

Negra Modelo, or Dos Equis Amber. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink005.gif

Captain Obvious
08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Corona, tequete suck but I just tried dos eques amber for the first time today. Pretty good.

Mister D
08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Corona, tequete suck but I just tried dos eques amber for the first time today. Pretty good.

I like their regular lager.

Venus
09-09-2013, 11:57 AM
ice water

Mister D
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Just grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 10 Year. I meant to get the regular one but I wound up getting cask strength. It's 57.2% alcohol by volume. They recommend twice as much water as whiskey or the whiskey may "overpower the palate". lol

Peter1469
03-20-2014, 03:56 PM
coffee. black.

Max Rockatansky
03-20-2014, 04:34 PM
White Russian. I was flossing my teeth yesterday afternoon and popped off a crown. Went in this mid-morning to have it reglued back into place, but it doesn't feel right. Since I'd been banging on that nerve for over 12 years, it may just be sensitive. Either way, I'm going to numb myself with alcohol tonight.

My apologies in advance if I say anything untoward or piss anyone off.....more than usual that is. :occasion14:

Max Rockatansky
03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Had two really stick drinks and now resting. Feeling good in fact, but bedtime soon. :D

GrassrootsConservative
03-22-2014, 05:23 AM
http://static.jmslinks.com/WebService/ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=138

Great stuff. New at my store. Tastes amazing though I would prefer something with added sugar. I had some acetaminophen for a toothache earlier so I can't drink alcohol. Still got the sticky icky though, so I'm not sober on a friday night (or saturday morning, now) at least.