PDA

View Full Version : It's back!

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:38 AM
NFLFOOTBALL BITCHEZ

>:D

today is going to be a crazy day with a lot of free agent moves...Favre to Philly?? :o :o :o

Mister D
07-25-2011, 09:04 AM
I saw that online this morning. So there wil be a full season?

Conley
07-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Yep, should be. They already canceled a preseason game but it shouldn't really affect the regular season too much.

Turns out I guess teams are probably only dealing with their own FAs today, not trying to sign new ones yet until the period begins.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Yep, should be. They already canceled a preseason game but it shouldn't really affect the regular season too much.

Turns out I guess teams are probably only dealing with their own FAs today, not trying to sign new ones yet until the period begins.

I don't really follow sports at all but no football season would have been kind of weird.

Conley
07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Well you know about the Stains ;D

Yeah, it would have been positively Unamerican to not have football this fall >:(

Mister D
07-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Well you know about the Stains ;D

Yeah, it would have been positively Unamerican to not have football this fall >:(

Football has become America's game now that baseball is a Latin American sport. ;) They're too small for football. Did I just stereotype Latin Americans!? :o :o That would have gotten me warning at PH even though it's probably true.

Captain Obvious
07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
I used to live, breathe, eat, sleep, shit football.

Not so much anymore, Goodell's wrecking the sport with fines, rules and more rules and when everyone's fistfighting over the last fan-paid nickle at the bottom of the mountain of gold that is the NFL, I'm losing interest.

I was going to get the NFL ticket - they don't show Steeler games every week in NH for obvious reasons. Now that I'm in a position where I have to decide if I'm going to pay to watch, I'm not doing it. I'll spend my Sundays with my family and read about the games later on.

Fuck Goodell, he can keep it.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I used to live, breathe, eat, sleep, shit football.

Not so much anymore, Goodell's wrecking the sport with fines, rules and more rules and when everyone's fistfighting over the last fan-paid nickle at the bottom of the mountain of gold that is the NFL, I'm losing interest.

I was going to get the NFL ticket - they don't show Steeler games every week in NH for obvious reasons. Now that I'm in a position where I have to decide if I'm going to pay to watch, I'm not doing it. I'll spend my Sundays with my family and read about the games later on.

Fuck Goodell, he can keep it.

Interesting commentary. I say that because I know you are (or were) a huge fan. I wonder how many other fans feel as you do.

Captain Obvious
07-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I'm boycotting.

More football fans should but I doubt they will.

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I'm boycotting.

More football fans should but I doubt they will.

When I spend time in bars I overhear football fans express a lot of disgust but if that will lead to any action I don't know.

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
It's really just the Steeler fans that have their panties in a bunch. Kind of weird considering how the NFL has turned a blind eye to their years of steroid and HGH abuse, and handing them the Super Bowl a few years ago. Them fuckers don't like the parity. ;D

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh and letting Rothlesberger off over and over too.

>:D

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Conley comes out swinging... :o

Conley
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
:D

Someone needs to light a fire under this Captain's ass...more like LT if you ask me :P

freecell
07-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Well I am a skins and Carolina fan.

Conley
07-25-2011, 10:06 PM
My condolences ;)

freecell
07-25-2011, 10:18 PM
LOL I still have the tapes when Riggens, Dave Butz, you know when they were good. I can always put the tape in. ;D The skins were once kings.

Conley
07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah I remember the glory days :)

Riggins, Theismann, the Hogs...Russ Grimm

good times

MMC
07-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Sunday Night Football Intro (Bears vs. Falcons) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VreehbOmAA#ws)

AWWWWWW-IGHT.....Are YA Ready For Some FootBall. Just make sure they keep Faith Hill as the Promo-girl.

Conley
07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks like training camps will begin Wednesday and Thursday

Time for Jay Cutler to get some reps in, I hope his knee has healed >:D

MMC
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Looks like training camps will begin Wednesday and Thursday

Time for Jay Cutler to get some reps in, I hope his knee has healed >:D

Grrrrrrrrr >:( >:D :'( :'( :'( Daaaaaaaaaaaaa......Bears, my poor Bears. Why we got to be stuck with Goldilocks.

Lets hope in the preseason game one of Da Bears Coaches will stick out his knee right onto Jane's er I mean Jay's knee running down the sidlines. >:D

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
It's really just the Steeler fans that have their panties in a bunch. Kind of weird considering how the NFL has turned a blind eye to their years of steroid and HGH abuse, and handing them the Super Bowl a few years ago. Them fuckers don't like the parity. ;D

Right - because the Steelers are being punished for playing football.

The NFL is being run by a traditional liberal - take from the successful and reward the mediocre.

Isn't that the way of life?

Conley
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't know anything about Goodell's politics. I would guess like most he is all about the $$$.

I do think it sucks that they are trying to pussify the sport.

And it's bullshit that they claim they are trying to cut down on injuries while also pushing for an 18 game schedule.

Stillers play good ball no doubt, but they have gotten away with a lot over the years. SI I think it was had a good expose on them and the HGH they would get from UPMC.

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't know anything about Goodell's politics. I would guess like most he is all about the $$$.

I do think it sucks that they are trying to pussify the sport.

And it's bullshit that they claim they are trying to cut down on injuries while also pushing for an 18 game schedule.

Stillers play good ball no doubt, but they have gotten away with a lot over the years. SI I think it was had a good expose on them and the HGH they would get from UPMC.

I hear that kind of talk from the Steeler haters crowd, it's pretty generic.

The whole roid thing, here's the reality. Roids aren't much of an issue anymore in the NFL, it used to be during the 70's and 80's where the Steelers were successful - and so they get the press.

Everyone was doing them back when, there was no ban but nobody gives a shit if a Browns player is roided up since it apparently didn't help them much, they still sucked.

At the end of the day when you look at long-term strategies, the Steelers by far have been most successful and for a reason. They rarely (if ever) waste money in free agency, they only resign high-end players who are generally good role models and have been loyal to the city (with a couple of hypocritical exceptions like Harrison) and build a team by drafting and developing (vs. throwing money at free agents like the Deadskins - when is the last time they sniffed the playoffs?).

That's the program, it works.

Mister D
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Everyone was doing them back when, there was no ban but nobody gives a shit if a Browns player is roided up since it apparently didn't help them much, they still sucked.

:D :D The "Stains" get no respect.

Conley
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Nah, I'm not talking about steroids. I'm talking about human growth hormone. It's ok. I'm a San Diego fan so it's not even like my team is even a rival. We have sucked long and hard pretty much forever. :D

Conley
07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
There are a shit ton of stories like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

You may say it's a conspiracy, but then how do you explain the size of James Harrison's head? :D

Conley
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM

:D :D The "Stains" get no respect.

>:( Everybody shits on the Stains but the Bungles aren't much better :D

Mister D
07-26-2011, 07:56 PM
So when is the first game? On schedule?

Conley
07-26-2011, 07:59 PM
So when is the first game? On schedule?

Preseason is kind of screwy right now, but the regular season will be played according to schedule. College ball starts September 1st, pros sometime after that. Truthfully I am more excited about college because the Chargers are going to suck.

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 08:00 PM
There are a shit ton of stories like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

You may say it's a conspiracy, but then how do you explain the size of James Harrison's head? :D

Goodell has a vendetta against Harrison, if Harrison were on HGH, Goddell would have ran him up a flagpole by now.

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
On another note, Ben Roth's getting married:

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6797679

Hopefully he won't be raping anyone anytime soon.

Conley
07-26-2011, 08:22 PM
A: You can't test for HGH

B: Your boy already got hitched.

;D

I don't think he's a rapist but he definitely likes younger boozed up tail. I don't think he's alone with that. He just needs to be more discreet.

Mister D
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM

;D

I don't think he's a rapist but he definitely likes younger boozed up tail. I don't think he's alone with that. He just needs to be more discreet.

Like Anthony Weiner ;D

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 08:40 PM

;D

Well, let me use the same formula that I used on hellraiser - how do you know anyone is on HGH?

Are only successful teams guilty of using it?

Conley
07-26-2011, 08:44 PM

;D

Well, let me use the same formula that I used on hellraiser - how do you know anyone is on HGH?

Of course not. Dick LeBeau is a football genius. Mad respect to that dude. Not as sure about Tomlin and Cowher.

Captain Obvious
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM

;D

Of course not. Dick LeBeau is a football genius. Mad respect to that dude. Not as sure about Tomlin and Cowher.

Lebeau is on professional borrowed time, he's in retirement mode. That's not a knock, it's a reality IMO.

Cowher was a defensive genius. Offense - not so much. A great motivator, that was his schtick.

Tomlin - I'm sort of with you, my jury is still out on the guy. I don't know who he is and that speaks volumes for a guy that's been the HC for what - 5 years? Yeah, he's been to two SB's, won one - not like that was any feat when you're handed the keys to a Ferrari. It's not like he's brought the Bungles from where they are to the SB, he took a SB caliber team twice to the big dance.

I don't know who he is. Is he a D guy? He's not a discipline guy. He's not a good decision maker - his clock management sucks quite frankly and he likes to roll the dice. He sounds great during the post game shows, he knows the rhetoric and click words, but what does he bring to the table other than being a warm body?

Good question.

Conley
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Wasn't Lebeau the DC for all of Cowher's reign? I mean getting to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and Slash is impressive, but they've always been a team that was D first. Truthfully I do believe the old schoolers are right, that's how you win championships. Even moreso in the modern era when the Me Me Me offensive players are holding out for more money and don't want to risk injury.

Another random thought, if it weren't for Polamalu I don't think the Steelers would be anywhere near their current level of success.

MMC
07-26-2011, 10:58 PM
We were hoping Lovey Dovey would take his Big Mac lovin ass and go back to the division where he came from. That way he can take all those LOSERS from ST Louis with him. Martz, Archaleta etc etc. Course please take Jane erm I mean Jay with them.

We wanted Cowher to come in.....str-8en out the defense, and Play Hanie. Bears D is sufferin. Urlacher cannot be relied on anymore. Bears are Weak on the corners.

We want DeAngelo out of there to.....that dipstick doesnt know talent at all. >:D

Conley
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Haha, truthfully I thought the Bears and Jay would suck last year, but they surprised everyone. I don't think they'll have a good year this time around though. Urlacher like you said is too old and Cutler just isn't a good QB. I like the organization but the Packers have them beat for now.

Captain Obvious
07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Wasn't Lebeau the DC for all of Cowher's reign? I mean getting to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and Slash is impressive, but they've always been a team that was D first. Truthfully I do believe the old schoolers are right, that's how you win championships. Even moreso in the modern era when the Me Me Me offensive players are holding out for more money and don't want to risk injury.

Another random thought, if it weren't for Polamalu I don't think the Steelers would be anywhere near their current level of success.

I don't know if I agree with the Troy statement, they've had some solid LB's and D-line in their days.

Troy's not a coverage guy and he worked well in Lebeau's schemes (zone blitz and shit like that). I'd have to say a lot of the D's success is because they've had studs at the LB position fairly consistently and I have to give Cowher credit for that.

He could draft a starting LB in the 7th round, he just couldn't draft an O guy to save his life. Faneca was probably his greatest offensive draft achievement.

MMC
07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Haha, truthfully I thought the Bears and Jay would suck last year, but they surprised everyone. I don't think they'll have a good year this time around though. Urlacher like you said is too old and Cutler just isn't a good QB. I like the organization but the Packers have them beat for now.

They will be alright if they go back to the 46 D. Truthfully Manning should be fine this year as Strong Safety.....thus making sure Uralcher does his job and plug that hole, instead of always running backwards. Bears offensive line will be solid this year. Althought they do need another center.

Conley
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Is Kreutz done? I thought they weren't gonna resign Manning...there are so many trades and signings happening I can't keep track of it.

Not sure if I'll be doing fantasy football this year or not.

What about you guys MMC and Cap'n?

Conley
07-27-2011, 08:45 PM

I don't know if I agree with the Troy statement, they've had some solid LB's and D-line in their days.

Troy's not a coverage guy and he worked well in Lebeau's schemes (zone blitz and shit like that). I'd have to say a lot of the D's success is because they've had studs at the LB position fairly consistently and I have to give Cowher credit for that.

He could draft a starting LB in the 7th round, he just couldn't draft an O guy to save his life. Faneca was probably his greatest offensive draft achievement.

I think Troy has been good for some game changing turnovers in big games. The record with him playing is so much better than without.

True what you say about the LBs though...not sure how they keep developing em but there is a long list of guys who came out of nowhere, Harrison being one of them.

I wish the season were starting tomorrow.

Captain Obvious
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Harrison (who was originally drafted and cut by Baltimore), Woodley, Porter, Gildon and probably a couple others that I'm missing.

Mister D
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
You guys think the tight ends will a lot of penetration this year?

Conley
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Definitely for the Stains...

MMC
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Is Kreutz done? I thought they weren't gonna resign Manning...there are so many trades and signings happening I can't keep track of it.

Not sure if I'll be doing fantasy football this year or not.

What about you guys MMC and Cap'n?

Manning is their other kick-off returner besides Hestor.....althought that rookie Tate looked good as a corner but he is small. If Da Bears kept Chris Harris as the other safety, its work on the corners and get us a nice 325 def tackle up in there. Julius peppers just needs someone to be able to put the rush on from the other end. But the Bears do need a stuffer up in the middle to keep them off Urlacker.

Personally I would let Briggs take the middle and mover Urlacher to strong side.

I don't get into the fantasy football stuff..... :)

MMC
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
You guys think the tight ends will a lot of penetration this year?

Nah.....but it looks like some teams wont have cheerleaders so some of that penetration will be reduced. :D

Also some teams prefer to have that fullback to plow right up the middle. Plus with the additional replays this year better watch out for all those illegal procedure penalties. Teams with with the Nose will have to watch-out with the encroachment. >:D

Still teams with the double tight-ends can move those sticks with a quick hitch. ;)

Conley
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Some teams like the Packers don't have cheerleaders. They should be ashamed! If you needed another reason to root against Green Bay there you go.

Hopefully no other teams go that route.

Conley
07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Dang, Da Bears are in that group too!

>:(

"The Honey Bears were disbanded after the Super Bowl win, and the team remains without cheerleaders. Since that time, the Bears are 5-9 in the playoffs, leading some to refer to this drought as the “Curse of the Honey Bears.”

Over the years, a few meetings have been held about bringing back the Chicago Bears Cheerleaders. But each time that things look promising, the idea is eventually killed by someone high in the organization."

http://www.footballbabble.com/football/nfl/chicago-bears/cheerleaders/

Conley
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't guess anyone here would be interested in a Politirant league?

Mister D
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM

How would that work?

Conley
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM

How would that work?

Basically you draft a group of players and then get points as your players score touchdowns and make other plays in their games. It's fun and pretty easy, there are a bunch of websites that offer it including Yahoo I think. We'd need to find a free one though, I think Captain has done it before so he might already have some leagues set up.

Mister D
07-28-2011, 02:04 PM

How would that work?

Basically you draft a group of players and then get points as your players score touchdowns and make other plays in their games. It's fun and pretty easy, there are a bunch of websites that offer it including Yahoo I think. We'd need to find a free one though, I think Captain has done it before so he might already have some leagues set up.

i think my roommate does something like this. I would play...and lose since I don;t know the players like I used to.

Conley
07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Cool, let's see if others are interested. It's definitely not the case that he who knows the most wins, there is a lot of luck to it. It's similar to the NCAA basketball pools that way if you've ever played those. I usually play with the same group of five for March Madness and I've finished everywhere from 1st to 5th. I think at least four of us if not all of us have won at some point.

Conley
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Belated congrats on breaking 1k too.

That makes three of us. ;D

Mister D
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Belated congrats on breaking 1k too.

That makes three of us. ;D

Haha I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

Conley
07-28-2011, 05:14 PM
What is your opinion of Whisenhunt?

Mister D
07-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Is that a beer or a person? ;D

Conley
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Is that a beer or a person? ;D

:D :D :D

You may be thinking of Hefewizen (sp?). This is a former Stiller coach who got a shittacular Arizona team to the Super Bowl.

MMC
07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
"Wisenhunt," isn't that when True Republicans go hunting Democrats. >:D ;D

Conley
07-28-2011, 06:55 PM

"True" Republicans are an endangered species :( I think the military-industrial-congress complex has just about exterminated them :-\

Mister D
07-28-2011, 06:58 PM

"True" Republicans are an endangered species :( I think the military-industrial-congress complex has just about exterminated them :-\

"True" Democrats too.

Conley
07-28-2011, 07:14 PM

"True" Democrats too.

"True" dat.

O0

MMC
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Wtf.....Da Bears released Olson the tight end that could catch. I swear if I see DeAngelo walking down the street i am going to walk right up and kick that dip-shit dead off into his Tampa bay losing Ass. >:D

Conley
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Wtf.....Da Bears released Olson the tight end that could catch. I swear if I see DeAngelo walking down the street i am going to walk right up and kick that dip-shit dead off into his Tampa bay losing Ass. >:D

Wow. I'm surprised, unless he had a big salary I would think they could have worked out a trade instead of just cutting him.

Captain Obvious
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I really wanted Wizz to be the next HC of the Steelers, he was the better candidate by far.

Couple of things came into play - the biggest one being the "Rooney rule", plus Wizz and Ben weren't exactly pen pals according to insiders.

Conley
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I really wanted Wizz to be the next HC of the Steelers, he was the better candidate by far.

Couple of things came into play - the biggest one being the "Rooney rule", plus Wizz and Ben weren't exactly pen pals according to insiders.

From what I read, they actually gave the job to Grimm and then switched it to Tomlin once Rooney said they were pretty much equals...point was made to Rooney that since his name was on it he should go with Tomlin? Not sure how much of that was true, even if it was we'd never know. I read also that Stiller brass was pissed that Grimm was running his mouth about getting the job too.

Conley
07-29-2011, 03:12 PM
WASHINGTON—Following the announcement Monday that NFL owners and players had reached a deal to end their 132-day labor dispute, Americans across the nation expressed their desire for some goddamn football already and acknowledged they didn’t give two shits about the boring-ass details of the collective bargaining agreement.

The majority of the U.S. populace confirmed that nobody even cares about the stupid structure, length, or impact of the new CBA, calling for sports columnists, analysts, and broadcasters to “shut the hell up about lame revenue-sharing shit” and demanding the NFL play some football “right fucking now.”

At press time, Americans wondered why the hell no footballs had been snapped yet.

“Yes, great, I’m thrilled the NFL won’t have to cancel any of the 2011 season, but I don’t want to hear anything else about numbers or caps or any of that new money rules shit,” said 42-year-old Rick Baldwin, a contractor in St. Louis. “Just go, dammit. Go out on the field and play a fucking game.”

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nation-wants-some-fucking-football-doesnt-give-shi,21026/

MMC
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
LOL.....hell and he is even saying that about St. Loius. He is right tho everybody is so fed up with the way shit is going in the country. Its like get out there and play already. Now we can all be divided some more and just by our sports-teams. Good thing they did work it out. Now the masses all can be entertained.....

Are You Not Entertained? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs#ws)

MMC
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Sunday Night Football on NBC (Faith Hill) Tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZ0IjQm7oE#ws)

Yep Da Bears traded Olson for a Wide reciever from some special team and a draft pick. Thats sucks we don't need another reciever. On the other Hand Faith hill now she dont suck.....well, I meant professionally. >:D

Mister D
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
LOL.....hell and he is even saying that about St. Loius. He is right tho everybody is so fed up with the way shit is going in the country. Its like get out there and play already. Now we can all be divided some more and just by our sports-teams. Good thing they did work it out. Now the masses all can be entertained.....

I'm of the opinion that both Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven could have been so much better. The former had to be too glitzy and the latter PC. ::)

MMC
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM

I'm of the opinion that both Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven could have been so much better. The former had to be too glitzy and the latter PC. ::)

Yes true dat.....they shoud have shown the real story of Commodus. As for the Crusades I never felt they could ever give any of the story in a 2 hr movie. Have you read the true story of Richard the Lionheart the English King who did not speak English, and his time in the Crusades.

Althought the Knights did tend to provide some shock and awe to the followers of Islam including their baddest of the bad. Kinda makes it more difficult to take out guys totally armored and looking like tanks as well as their horses who would fight as well. :)

Conley
07-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Commodus inventor of the Commode?

Captain Obvious
07-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Commodus inventor of the Commode?

Biggus Dickus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc#)

MMC
07-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Actually he was the one Roman Emperors that we know of that participated in some 70 some gladitorial games. He would even dress up as Hercules and go out and kill him some in the games. Now whether these others were allowed to fight back, thats another story.

Still there is record of where he dressed up as Hercules and Killed all he faced by and with a Wooden Club.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I was reading some shit on Roman Emperors the other day and you wouldn't believe how many of them were killed by Praetorian guards.

It's pretty fascinating how the power struggle in the Roman empire happened.

Conley
07-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Actually he was the one Roman Emperors that we know of that participated in some 70 some gladitorial games. He would even dress up as Hercules and go out and kill him some in the games. Now whether these others were allowed to fight back, thats another story.

Still there is record of where he dressed up as Hercules and Killed all he faced by and with a Wooden Club.

Dang...guess I was wrong! Sounds like a bad ass.

Mister D
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM

Yes true dat.....they shoud have shown the real story of Commodus. As for the Crusades I never felt they could ever give any of the story in a 2 hr movie. Have you read the true story of Richard the Lionheart the English King who did not speak English, and his time in the Crusades.

Althought the Knights did tend to provide some shock and awe to the followers of Islam including their baddest of the bad. Kinda makes it more difficult to take out guys totally armored and looking like tanks as well as their horses who would fight as well. :)

I don't think they needed to give the full story of the Crusades or anything close to it. Don't make any commentary at all. No BS. Deal with the men and their experiences the way they really were and don't make any attempt to help moderns relate by drawing on contemporary politics. It's a great adventure story. It's a shame that they fucked it up so bad.

Mister D
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM

He was probably certifiable. The depiction in Gladiator was kind of silly though.

Conley
07-29-2011, 09:10 PM

He was probably certifiable. The depiction in Gladiator was kind of silly though.

Seems like a lot of rulers back then were. Honestly, I don't remember Gladiator too well. I thought it was a good decent action flick but not a great movie by any stretch. People seemed to go nutso for it though.

MMC
07-30-2011, 03:45 AM
I was reading some shit on Roman Emperors the other day and you wouldn't believe how many of them were killed by Praetorian guards.

It's pretty fascinating how the power struggle in the Roman empire happened.

Yep Cap.....even Nero's Praetorian guards were coming for him when he committed suicide. Truly unbelieveable with what happened with the Roman Emperors. From Caligula to the Eunuch that was made an Emperor.