PDA

View Full Version : Expect A Quiet Fed Meeting, But $500B QE3 Is Around The Corner

Stoney
03-13-2012, 08:06 AM
While the Fed isn’t expected to announce any new policy action on Tuesday, the FOMC will probably hint at further easing which shouldn’t be too far away. With a lagging job market, despite strength in the latest non-farm payrolls report, and housing still depressed, the Bernanke Fed will probably deliver an “insurance ease” to keep the fragile recovery on track and hedge itself ahead of fiscal headwinds and external shocks, according to Nomura’s fixed income research team.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/03/12/expect-a-quiet-fed-meeting-but-500b-qe3-is-around-the-corner/

More taxes by inflation.

MMC
03-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Bernanke has already set his preliminary projection date for inflation. Yet prices have gone up in everything. Gas is over 4 dollars around us. But we know they have been wanting to get another stimulus out there. This guy has sold us out. Spend spend spend. Plus they are considering Summers for the World bank. Republicans, Independants, and those Fiscal Democrats need to quit supporting Bernanke and work on getting his azz out of there.

I don't get it.....they must think 3 times is a charm or something. Did they forget 3 stirkes and your out? :angry:

Conley
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Ah yes, time for another Fed meeting behind closed doors. The lack of transparency is another reason not to trust them - as if one needed more!

Chris
03-13-2012, 10:19 AM
"More taxes by inflation."

Exactly.

Elsewhere I'm in an argument about government's inability to eliminate poverty and there I point out one way government keeps people impoverished is through such policies as these that cheapen the US dollar resulting in consumers with ever less buying power.

MMC
03-13-2012, 10:28 AM

Exactly.

Elsewhere I'm in an argument about government's inability to eliminate poverty and there I point out one way government keeps people impoverished is through such policies as these that cheapen the US dollar resulting in consumers with ever less buying power.

Well you got it right Chris.....they know who will suffer the most. Everybody but them!

Peter1469
03-13-2012, 05:21 PM

Exactly.

Thier only other choice is to default on their debt. My preferred method, btw.

Chris
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Greece defaulted according to moody's.

Peter1469
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Greece defaulted according to moody's.

I would expect that the private bond holders who lost $100B would agree with Moodys.

Until last Friday the Central Bankers were not asserting that they mattered and the private bond holders did not. Game changer.