PDA

View Full Version : 200 hundred Rockets Hit Israel.....

MMC
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
TEL AVIV - The fourth consecutive day of violence between Israel and Palestinian militants in the coastal enclave of Gaza saw the number of rockets landing in southern Israel climb to more than 190 and the death toll of Palestinians - most of them militants - to 23.

At least 40 rockets landed in Israel today, the Israeli Defense Forces said, the closest landing around 25 miles from the country's biggest city, Tel Aviv. Another hit the city of Ashdod, which has a population of 200,000.

Since Friday, the IDF has carried out airstrikes in response. Five Palestinians were killed today, including three civilians. The targets, the IDF said, have been militants, rocket-launching sites and a rocket storage facility. More than 45 people have been wounded in Gaza.

The IDF has touted the success of its missile-intercepting system, the Iron Dome, which they said intercepted more than 50 rockets heading for densely populated areas. It did malfunction on Sunday, allowing rockets to hit an empty school and a parked car, the newspaper Haaretz reported. Israel's Home Front Command ordered schools across the south closed on Monday, the second day in a row.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed today to keep up the strikes, promising to "hit anyone who plans to harm us.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/200-rockets-hit-israel-23-gazans-killed-return-145000964--abc-news.html
<<<<< More Here!

4 days non stop firing Rockets into Israel. Then today Iran released another statement about Israel.

Conley
03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
WTH is this "Iron Dome"? That sounds awesome...going to look it up when I get a chance.

Mainecoons
03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Israel is doomed. The smartest thing we could do is offer the entire country, muslims excepted, assylum and boot all the muslims out of the U.S. by sending them to the former state of Israel.

Western man has no place in stone age Middle East. A dark ages political/militaristic/"religion" has no place in the west.

Time to accept reality and deal with it.

MMC
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
WTH is this "Iron Dome"? That sounds awesome...going to look it up when I get a chance.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4862659383591601&id=791686fc54ef07bde4bdb60109a669c5&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fnews.sky.com%2fsky-news%2fcontent%2fStaticFile%2fjpg%2f2011%2fFeb%2fW eek1%2f15922315.jpg :wink:

wingrider
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4862659383591601&id=791686fc54ef07bde4bdb60109a669c5&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fnews.sky.com%2fsky-news%2fcontent%2fStaticFile%2fjpg%2f2011%2fFeb%2fW eek1%2f15922315.jpg :wink: now that guy is smart.. he not only has a helmet .. he can cook his lamb stew

MMC
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Just like the Standard issue Steel helmet our boyz go into battle with. Can cook, clean, shave and bath with it.

Mister D
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
That's what inspired the introduction of helmets during the First World War. A French soldier had survived a head injury in 1914 because he was wearing a mess tin on his head. By the following Summer steel helmets were arriving at the front in large numbers.

Conley
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
That's what inspired the introduction of helmets during the First World War. A French soldier had survived a head injury in 1914 because he was wearing a mess tin on his head. By the following Summer steel helmets were arriving at the front in large numbers.

Wow, wild stuff. I would have thought the idea would have occurred to them earlier considering armor being worn much earlier in history.

wingrider
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
it kinda did.. ever see a roman soldier

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4817450563472683&id=52aa63ff66e9e31d53c377aa0036dee7&index=newexp

MMC
03-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Israel is doomed. The smartest thing we could do is offer the entire country, muslims excepted, assylum and boot all the muslims out of the U.S. by sending them to the former state of Israel.

Western man has no place in stone age Middle East. A dark ages political/militaristic/"religion" has no place in the west.

Time to accept reality and deal with it.

I like the Idea of Israel being moved to the Western hemisphere like between us and Mexico. Which then Israel would secure their borders and are immigration problem would be reduced.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Wow, wild stuff. I would have thought the idea would have occurred to them earlier considering armor being worn much earlier in history.

After the advent of gun powder armor became increasingly rare. It just wasn't worth the expense anymore. It still made appearences on the battlefield even in the early 19th century but the metal breast plate was only of limited effectiveness. It could ward off a long distance shot but that's about it. It was still worn, however, even in 1914 at the outbreak of the First World War.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/French_heavy_cavalry_Paris_August_1914.jpg

MMC
03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Yep.....wasnt the Prussians Cavalry Units all Armored? Cept for the Horse.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Yep.....wasnt the Prussians Cavalry Units all Armored? Cept for the Horse.

Some of the German states had the same type of cavalry (i.e. curassiers) but they only wore the breastplate on ceremonial occasions. The French wore them at the front for the first few weeks of the war.

MMC
03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Ah.....I didnt know the French were wearing them too. I think most stopped with the invention of the first tanks coming along too.

Alias
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Not the French. They forgot how to fight.

Mainecoons
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Well the Israelis sure know how to make the desert bloom and the U.S. Mexican border is pretty much all desert. So that might work.

Actually, as things continue to deteriorate in the U.S. thanks to its cancerous government, and things continue to improve in Mexico, the flow across the border has dropped rather drastically and a lot of Mexicans are going home. Y'all may wake up some day wondering where all those useful workers who would do the stuff Americans shun, have gotten to.

Mister D
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Well the Israelis sure know how to make the desert bloom and the U.S. Mexican border is pretty much all desert. So that might work.

Actually, as things continue to deteriorate in the U.S. thanks to its cancerous government, and things continue to improve in Mexico, the flow across the border has dropped rather drastically and a lot of Mexicans are going home. Y'all may wake up some day wondering where all those useful workers who would do the stuff Americans shun, have gotten to.

Adios!

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I'd be a lot higher on Mexico if it weren't for those pesky cartels. Of course if they end up legalizing drugs then who knows what will happen. They'd lose a lot of money from the U.S. but their quality of life may well improve.

MMC
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Don't let the door hit-em-in-the-azz on the way out.....I doubt the Israelis would make the move even if it was offered up to them.

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Don't let the door hit-em-in-the-azz on the way out.....I doubt the Israelis would make the move even if it was offered up to them.

I agree with you MMC. They wouldn't make the move.

Mainecoons
03-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd be a lot higher on Mexico if it weren't for those pesky cartels. Of course if they end up legalizing drugs then who knows what will happen. They'd lose a lot of money from the U.S. but their quality of life may well improve.

Agree, although those cartels wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if the U.S. and Canada weren't such huge drug consumers. That's where the money and guns come from that keep this thing going. However, simply legalizing MJ would take away nearly 70 percent of the money and take a lot of the wind out of their sales.

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Agree, although those cartels wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if the U.S. and Canada weren't such huge drug consumers. That's where the money and guns come from that keep this thing going. However, simply legalizing MJ would take away nearly 70 percent of the money and take a lot of the wind out of their sales.

Right. We are the big consumers of the drugs. Realistically do you think Mexico might at the least legalize marijuana?

MMC
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Is it illegal in Mexico? :undecided:

Peter1469
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
The Iron Dome is an anti-missile system that I believe is based off what the US used in Iraq. We even used them against 60mm mortars. Now that is shooting.

Conley
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks Peter.

Iron Dome (Hebrew: כיפת ברזל‎) is a mobile air defense system[2] in development by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems[1] designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets and artillery shells fired from distances of 4 to 70 kilometers away whose trajectory would take them to a populated area, in all weather conditions.[3][4] The system, created as a defensive countermeasure to the rocket threat against Israel's civilian population on its northern and southern borders, uses technology first used in Rafael's SPYDER system. Iron Dome was declared operational and initially deployed on 27 March 2011 near Beersheba.[5] On 7 April 2011, the system successfully intercepted a Grad rocket launched from Gaza for the first time.[6] On 10 March 2012, The Jerusalem Post reported that the system shot down 90% of rockets launched from Gaza it fired at (rockets which will land in unpopulated areas are ignored).[4]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Iron_Dome_near_Sderot.jpg/300px-Iron_Dome_near_Sderot.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome

MMC
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
So now Hezbollah and Hamas will target those things. 200 hundred rockets. It took out 90%. Think Iran orchestrated this to see what the response would be like? Would it be able to handle all these rockets plus a bunch coming in from Iran at the same time?

Conley
03-14-2012, 04:38 PM
So now Hezbollah and Hamas will target those things. 200 hundred rockets. It took out 90%. Think Iran orchestrated this to see what the response would be like? Would it be able to handle all these rockets plus a bunch coming in from Iran at the same time?

I don't think Hezbollah and Hamas are that sophisticated to coordinate an attack, but Iran no doubt has much better weaponry that can circumvent that system. My impression is that it is only effective for these amateur rocket attacks.

MMC
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
So is it possible for Iran to target these things so that Hezbollah and Hamas will be able to get theirs off and striking? A concern should be if the Palestinians start busting off a 1000 or more. While taking incoming from Iran.

Conley
03-14-2012, 05:08 PM
So is it possible for Iran to target these things so that Hezbollah and Hamas will be able to get theirs off and striking? A concern should be if the Palestinians start busting off a 1000 or more. While taking incoming from Iran.

I think it's definitely a concern but a minor one considering the greatest damage will come from Iranian weapons. Now if they take that dome out along with a lot more, it could be that the Israelis are still dealing with rocket attacks months after Iran's guns have fallen silent. It really depends on what the Iranians have bought from the Chinese and the Russians. Even without Iranian nukes Israel could be in for a world of hurt.

Mainecoons
03-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Right. We are the big consumers of the drugs. Realistically do you think Mexico might at the least legalize marijuana?

In effect, it is as it is pretty much ignored. Mexicans for the most part don't have the money to buy drugs. They are happy to sell them to the U.S. and Canada, however, as it brings some 30 billion per year into the country. This is more than they earn on manufacturing, to provide a point of comparison.

Legalize MJ in the U.S. and Canada and sell it like any other taxed and regulated product, and a lot of the air goes out of the cartel balloon. Plus you free up resources to focus on the hard stuff. Meth production or sale should get you executed IMO. It is really toxic stuff.

A lot of interesting side info about Meth in that "Breaking Bad" series which is on one of the cable channels up there. We download on computer and watch the episodes using an O!Play box.

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks Maine. My and my OL are huge Breaking Bad fans. Best show on TV in my opinion. I agree with you about Meth too - there's a lot of that here in San Diego and it destroy so many lives. It is deadly.