PDA

View Full Version : New Feature: Tapatalk

ADMIN
03-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Members,

We have now added Tapatalk to the forum. For those who do not know, Tapatalk is a mobile app that can be used to post, view and interact with the forum.

More information is available here: http://tapatalk.com/

Thank you for your support of the Political Forums.

ADMIN

Chris
03-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Trying it out. Lot to learn. Basic navigation. Turning off all the notifications. Still can't figure reply with quote. Nor how to access "What's New?"

Max Rockatansky
03-16-2014, 02:35 PM
It has limitations on reply, but it's great for smart phones which won't be slowed by using a browser to access or scroll.

It cuts out the graphics and, for those who remember it, is more like the old BBS-style text forums. Great for those in an office and can't/don't want to use the office computer. I spend a lot of time travelling and can use my phone in areas where I don't have time to pull out my netbook or have WiFi access.

Chris
03-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Seems to work well enough and chorme on my phone would often not submit replies whereas tapatalk does.

It's great members can request these additions and get them installed so quickly.

Reverend_Hellh0und
03-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Great! thanks

Newpublius
03-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Not seeing the forums many categories, only three, so far not liking tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max Rockatansky
03-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Not seeing the forums many categories, only three, so far not liking tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a learning curve. On an Ipad, I think you'd like your browser more. Tapatalk is most beneficial, IMO, with smartphones.

Newpublius
03-19-2014, 09:34 PM
There's a learning curve. On an Ipad, I think you'd like your browser more. Tapatalk is most beneficial, IMO, with smartphones.

ok, ok, but even with the phone what good is it if I can't see any of the categories, only three of them?

Green Arrow
03-20-2014, 05:52 AM
ok, ok, but even with the phone what good is it if I can't see any of the categories, only three of them?

I can see all the categories.

Chris
03-20-2014, 07:43 AM

Same experience, then I did something, then I could see all the categories. I forget what I did though, just poked around, tried this and that.

Try this: Once you have Tapatalk up and running and you're on the forum, click the tapatalk t top left corner. This pops a list of functions. Click Browse.... You should see a list of the top-level areas, The Political Forums, Politics and News, On the Lighter Side, On the Serious Side, The Hole. From there you can drill down to lower level forum areas.

Peter1469
03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Well I loaded it onto my Razor and it seems to work in ways that will be useful for me. I won't type too much from it since my figures and little keys don't get along.

spunkloaf
04-23-2014, 04:25 AM
This is awesome admin, you integrated this just in time for me to explore the forum from my NOTE II away from home. Gravy.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Peter1469
06-10-2014, 05:31 AM
Is anyone else using this?

Green Arrow
06-10-2014, 07:16 AM
I was, but mine got bugged to the point where it wouldn't mark threads as read, so I was just like fuck it.

Captain Obvious
06-10-2014, 07:24 AM
I downloaded and tried it, it looked over-engineered so I nuked it.

The standard mobile platform is kinda weak, another option would have been nice other than this one.

I haven't heard good things about tapatalk from others who've tried it either, except that Hellhound drive-by dude who started this and bailed out.

Chris
06-10-2014, 08:20 AM
I stopped using and removed from phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with large enough screen anyway.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 12:36 PM
I noticed a couple times now going to tPF on my mobile that I'm being asked if I want to download tapatalk, that never happened before.

Seems odd - did something change or is this tapatalk being predatory maybe?

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I noticed a couple times now going to tPF on my mobile that I'm being asked if I want to download tapatalk, that never happened before.

Seems odd - did something change or is this tapatalk being predatory maybe?

It's Tapatalk.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 12:45 PM
It's Tapatalk.

I guess there's still remnants of it on my phone after I deleted it.

Fuckers...

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 12:46 PM
I guess there's still remnants of it on my phone after I deleted it.

Fuckers...

There isn't. It'll do that even if you never had Tapatalk, because this site is now on Tapatalk and you're accessing it on a mobile.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 12:48 PM
There isn't. It'll do that even if you never had Tapatalk, because this site is now on Tapatalk and you're accessing it on a mobile.

Ok, thanks.

... fuckers!

:biglaugh: