PDA

View Full Version : Miami Trades Marshall to the Bears......

MMC
03-14-2012, 08:55 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ExxGssdEDUI1YwfdSGUDxQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/123182763.jpg

The Miami Dolphins traded enigmatic wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Chicago Bears hours before the start of free agency, clearing cap room for a possible run at Peyton Manning.
Marshall was traded for a 2012 and 2013 third-round pick. He will reunite in Chicago with Jay Cutler, his former Denver Broncos teammate.

Cutler appears to have no such qualms. During a January exchange on Twitter (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/10476271-606/brandon-marshall-would-relish-reunion-with-jay-cutler.html), Marshall wrote that he missed his former teammate. Cutler responded, "I can get #15 [Marshall's old uniform number] out of storage! Suit you back up."
Marshall won't be a stabilizing force in the Bears' locker room, but his explosiveness could outweigh his combustibility. Chicago hasn't had a playmaking receiver in years. Marshall, along with Cutler and the running of Matt Forte, could be a spark to a Bears offense that desperately needs one.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/brandon-marshall-traded-dolphins-bears-two-third-round-204311248.html

Looks like Cutler gets to bring in another crutch for his azz.....don't get me wrong. Da Bears need recievers. So now Da Bears give in and get him somebody else who he FEELS comfotable throwing to. Thats okay tho.....now if he can't improve and do better. He has no excuse!!!!!

Conley
03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
This guy is a head case but he's also a stud. It could work out or it could blow up. I think it'll turn out well.

MMC
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Da Bears need to Improve that defense. Still need a 300lb DT for the middle next to Peppers. I havent heard word on Briggs yet either. Have you heard anything?

Conley
03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Da Bears need to Improve that defense. Still need a 300lb DT for the middle next to Peppers. I havent heard word on Briggs yet either. Have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything about Briggs. Maybe he changed his mind and will stay with the Bears?

Conley
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Uh oh...he might be sitting out a while

A woman has accused new Bears receiver Brandon Marshall of punching her in the face at a nightclub, New York City police said.

The woman alleged the incident occurred at 3:50 a.m. ET Sunday outside the Marquee, a nightclub in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, police said. Police are investigating a complaint the woman filed Monday evening. Marshall has not been charged.

In a statement, Bears general manager Phil Emery said the team was aware of the alleged incident when it obtained Marshall from the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday.

"Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend. We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear," Emery said.

Marshall's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, said in a statement early Wednesday morning that Marshall and his friends were not involved in the melee.

"Brandon Marshall was the keynote speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club," the statement said. "While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7684431/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-allegedly-hit-woman-club-fight-sunday-police-say

He was a keynote speaker? Have they ever heard this guy talk? :grin:

MMC
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
One would think they would knew which one Marshall was. Plus we know the gold-diggers looking for a free-ride will jump any chance they can get. Once they know they are a celeb or star.

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Gold diggers are a problem but this guy has beaten up women a bunch of times now...and if I remember right his wife stabbed him too. Then he came out with some nonsense about how his depression or something made him do it. Well, he's Chicago's problem now. Hopefully they can keep him in line.

MMC
03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
:wtf20:.....and U think Lovie Dovie, who knows his azz is gone after this year; will keep him in line. :rollseyes:

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
:wtf20:.....and U think Lovie Dovie, who knows his azz is gone after this year; will keep him in line. :rollseyes:

Of course not Lovie...Emery, the guy who traded for him and will be known for this.

MMC
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Ah, so you think the New GM will eh? If this is going on and has been this will lead only to distractions, and Cutler needs all the help in the world.

I still think they should have Cutler watching film every day but game day. Even then he should be checking each and every play out. As it is quite clear that he does not know how to read blitzes or defenses. Plus they should have him taking all those refresher high school pointers on how to throw the ball away before he takes those 12 and 20 yard sacks. :undecided:

Conley
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I mean you know better than I do but I thought they needed a deep threat at WR. The new GM should have job security since he just started so he better not take any lip from Marshall. I don't get the sense that Lovie hands out discipline. He seems soft like our own Norvelous Turner.

MMC
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Thats true the Big-Mac man is not concerned about much more than his two all beef patties, special sauce and on a sesame seed bun. Just look at the one guy the bears had. Busted with all those illegal guns. I think Da Bears traded him to Dallas. But that came from upon high.

Conley
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, but in the Bears defense it seems that guy (Hurd?) had everyone fooled. Everyone in Dallas and Chicago seemed shocked by it, even the reporters who he'd always been good to.

MMC
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah.....but he didnt have the Feds fooled. What a joke that guy is. Moreover he can save all his statements and apologies. He knew what he was doing. Course Da Bears didnt until to late. If they did know they should have never let him play.

Conley
03-15-2012, 03:01 PM
More developing on Marshall...looks like the league office is getting involved:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7691615/chicago-bears-contacted-nfl-brandon-marshall-incident

Looks like Cutler pushed for his homie to join up, if they are counting on Cutler to keep in line I don't think it will happen. He sure couldn't keep him under control in Denver (but that was a few years ago).

MMC
03-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah.....Cutler has proven he knows how to, not be a Leader.