PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor for US war heroes denied award by prejudice

Cigar
03-18-2014, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wOm53_RAFkU

All of the recipients had previously been awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, the second-highest military award, for service in World War II and the Korean and Vietnam Wars. The soldiers will now be given the highest honor “in recognition of the gallantry, intrepidity, and heroism above and beyond the call of duty,” the White House said in a statement.

The effort to make up for discrimination in awarding the Medal of Honor started before Mr. Obama’s presidency, but it carries special significance for the nation’s first African-American president, who has prioritized eliminating discrimination in the military and the executive branch.

Better late, than never....I guess :thumbsup20:

Cigar
03-18-2014, 01:01 PM
The Day Finally Comes http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/479361569.jpg
Mary Morris helps her husband U.S. Army Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Melvin Morris, a Vietnam War veteran, with his uniform as they prepare to make their to the White House on March 18. Melvin Morris and two others are the only living soldiers who will be honored with 21 others today at the White House by President Barack Obama with the Medal of Honor. Following a congressionally mandated review to ensure that eligible recipients were not bypassed due to prejudice the veterans will receive the Medal of Honor for action during major combat operations in World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War

http://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/479361575.jpg
Sgt. Morris and U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christopher Schneider, from U.S. Army Old Guard, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment, walk together as they make their way to the White House

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi-WR5vIcAAY-t2.jpg

Obama apologized to Melvin that racism stopped him from getting the medal 44 years ago. Melvin dropped to his knees.

http://theobamadiary.com/2014/03/18/the-day-finally-comes/

nathanbforrest45
03-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Interesting. So, someone put them in for the Congressional Medal of Honor but the Commanding Officer said Nope, he is a Negro so he can't have one?

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
If the O'bama had a grandfather, he'd look just like this guy?

nathanbforrest45
03-18-2014, 01:16 PM
If the O'bama had a grandfather, he'd look just like this guy?

He looks like Denzel Washington to me.

Cigar
03-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Ever notice how such a wonderful occasion ...

on such a wonderful day ...

to an wonderful American War Hero ...

brings out such Anger and Bitterness ...

:riot:

Appropriately punctuates the occasion :flag:

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Who's angry?

Good for this guy, I'm glad.

Shame on Obama for using him for photo-op material.

So when do you think the Obama will help a white guy?

Mister D
03-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Ever notice how such a wonderful occasion ...

on such a wonderful day ...

to an wonderful American War Hero ...

brings out such Anger and Bitterness ...

:riot:

Appropriately punctuates the occasion :flag:

Was that your big gotcha? Your big set up? :rofl:You do realize everyone saw that coming and we're all laughing at what transparent dipshit you are, right?

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Was that your big gotcha? Your big set up? :rofl:You do realize everyone saw that coming and we're all laughing at what transparent dipshit you are, right?

I guess that's the issue.

It's hard to look at this and take it seriously.

On one hand - good for the guy who got his medal. That's a good story.

On the other hand, the only reason our great leader did this is because both of them are black. And the only reason Cigar posted it is because he's a bruthah from anotha mothah.

It's like - how do you not see the phonyness here?

Mister D
03-18-2014, 01:28 PM
I guess that's the issue.

It's hard to look at this and take it seriously.

On one hand - good for the guy who got his medal. That's a good story.

On the other hand, the only reason our great leader did this is because both of them are black. And the only reason Cigar posted it is because he's a bruthah from anotha mothah.

It's like - how do you not see the phonyness here?

It's all part of Cigar's masterful racism expose'! lol Fucking dumbass. :rollseyes:

Yeah, this is 100% politics. Last I checked, the black unemployment rate was pretty damn high. After he's done handing out medals to geriatric veterans maybe he'll have some time to address the real issues facing black America.

Paperback Writer
03-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Agreed it was a photo op and a plan for divisiveness but it changes not one bit the fact the man deserved it.

nathanbforrest45
03-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Agreed it was a photo op and a plan for divisiveness but it changes not one bit the fact the man deserved it.

Did he?

I would assume he was heroic in his actions but to blame it on racism I question.

Cthulhu
03-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Did he?

I would assume he was heroic in his actions but to blame it on racism I question.

Military was not always hospitable to those of color. At the same time, many stories are exaggerated as well.

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 01:56 PM
The fact that Cigar put this in the Race forum and not the Veterans forum is a Freudian slip that proves it was a racial issue more than it was a veterans issue.

Fault lines will always fail at some point.

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1109/freudian-slip-stimulate-package-politics-1315676321.jpg

Mister D
03-18-2014, 01:58 PM
The fact that Cigar put this in the Race forum and not the Veterans forum is a Freudian slip that proves it was a racial issue more than it was a veterans issue.

Fault lines will always fail at some point.

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1109/freudian-slip-stimulate-package-politics-1315676321.jpg

Good catch.

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Good catch.

Maybe, but we're talking about Cigar here.

Shallow as a cum stain.

GrassrootsConservative
03-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Well when you have a racist commander in chief, there's bound to be at least SOME trickle down, I'd imagine.

Captain Obvious
03-18-2014, 02:07 PM
I wonder if black people at some point realize they're just being used in situations like this and if that at some point starts to build resentment.

nathanbforrest45
03-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Military was not always hospitable to those of color. At the same time, many stories are exaggerated as well.

In WW2 in the Navy African American sailors were generally billeted as Stewards. 20 years later, when I was in, they were in all departments. I can easily believe a black soldier in WW2 or maybe even the Korean war was denied the CMH simply because of his race. I don't buy it as much in Vietnam.

Cigar
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Who's angry?

Good for this guy, I'm glad.

Shame on Obama for using him for photo-op material.

So when do you think the Obama will help a white guy?

Ok ... so let's take this slowly so the slow can keep up ...

You're correct, Good for this Guy.

If you haven't been paying much attention, this President has had regular Medal Honors at the White House for numerous Military Personnel and thier families ... of All Colors.

Why did President Obama do this, because others didn't. After all, if The Commander Chief don't care, who will?

When will Obama help the White Guy ... :rollseyes:

Cigar
03-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I wonder if black people at some point realize they're just being used in situations like this and if that at some point starts to build resentment.

:grin: Every Year a Democrats Wins

nathanbforrest45
03-18-2014, 02:17 PM
What Cigar is saying in the above post is that Negros are naturally like small children who depend on their parents for survival. Haven't you ever heard "I can't do that because I'm little"? Cigar believes the same to be true of minorities as well.

Cigar
03-18-2014, 02:40 PM
What Cigar is saying in the above post is that Negros are naturally like small children who depend on their parents for survival. Haven't you ever heard "I can't do that because I'm little"? Cigar believes the same to be true of minorities as well.

You what childish ... but fun, is reading what you guys have to say.

It's so entertaining ... :laugh:

BTW ... do these So-Called Negros still ware Bell-Bottoms Pants, Platform Shoes and Big Brim Hats in your world? :rofl:

hanger4
03-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey Cigar, what did Obama have to do with this other than hand out the CMofH ??

Cigar
03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Awwww how cute, a group five finger grip :)

You boys are so close to each other :)

hanger4
03-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Awwww how cute, a group five finger grip :) You boys are so close to each other :)Hey Cigar, what did Obama have to do with this other than hand out the CMofH ??

Adelaide
03-19-2014, 07:27 AM
I don't think Obama would award the Medal of Honor to anyone who didn't deserve it, and it doesn't surprise me that certain people would have been previously denied to the award based on discrimination. I mean, think of the countries who mobilized their African colonies to fight on behalf of various countries. For some reason the battles at Tripoli in one of the world wars (I think the first) stands out in my mind from a history class in high school, which I think involved Australians and a colony I can't recall off the top of my head. At least, I think that's what happened.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2014, 08:56 AM
I think if this vet were white, none of this happens and we're not talking about it.

And yeah, before your knee jerks - white people are victims of racism also contrary to popular belief.

Mister D
03-19-2014, 09:21 AM
I think if this vet were white, none of this happens and we're not talking about it.

And yeah, before your knee jerks - white people are victims of racism also contrary to popular belief.

Not a snowball's chance in hell the story would have been posted here at any rate.

Paperback Writer
03-19-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't think Obama would award the Medal of Honor to anyone who didn't deserve it, and it doesn't surprise me that certain people would have been previously denied to the award based on discrimination. I mean, think of the countries who mobilized their African colonies to fight on behalf of various countries. For some reason the battles at Tripoli in one of the world wars (I think the first) stands out in my mind from a history class in high school, which I think involved Australians and a colony I can't recall off the top of my head. At least, I think that's what happened.

I disagree that Obama, or any politician for that matter, wouldn't hand out an award to someone who didn't deserve it. The timing is abysmally political, however, it appears that they did deserve it, so that angst is truly unnecessary.

Why should his motivations detract from a deserving pat on their collective backs?

Cigar
03-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Oh God this is an easy one ... :laugh:

Let's just start in Obama first year ---> http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/10/20/vietnam-veterans-honored-at-white-house-nearly-40-years-later/?test=faces

Cigar
03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
I disagree that Obama, or any politician for that matter, wouldn't hand out an award to someone who didn't deserve it. The timing is abysmally political, however, it appears that they did deserve it, so that angst is truly unnecessary.

Why should his motivations detract from a deserving pat on their collective backs?

With a little research ... you'll find that this Administration has been regularly honoring Vets throughout Obama Presidency ... it really isn't difficult to find that proof.

Paperback Writer
03-19-2014, 09:32 AM
With a little research ... you'll find that this Administration has been regularly honoring Vets throughout Obama Presidency ... it really isn't difficult to find that proof.

They all honour veterans. In fact, George Bush Sr. was the first to honour a black veteran, whose deeds had been overlooked. Obama is singling out minorities at his time because his policies are failing and he must provide a token of esteem.

Think of it like this, you haven't taken out the rubbish in months nor mowed the lawn. The wife is angry. Time for flowers. It by no means makes up for the rest but it will temporarily assuage her feelings and provide you with some form of emotional gratification.

hanger4
03-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I'll ask again !! Hey Cigar, what did Obama have to do with this other than hand out the CMofH ?? Why are you avoiding the question ??

nathanbforrest45
03-19-2014, 11:23 AM
First of all the Congressional Medal of Honor should be given only to the most heroic. Far to often the word "hero" is used for what should be considered "duty". Not everyone who goes to war is a "hero". Not everyone who has seen combat is a "hero". I have no doubt some of the minorities were overlooked or even denied simply on the basis of race. But I also have no doubt some are being awarded this honor simply on the basis of race.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Oh God this is an easy one ... :laugh:

Let's just start in Obama first year ---> http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/10/20/vietnam-veterans-honored-at-white-house-nearly-40-years-later/?test=faces

Funny how you didn't post this one - about the white guy, but you post the one about the black guy.

It's stunning how far down your throat you put your foot.