PDA

View Full Version : I can't add anything to this

Mainecoons
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, far too often it would be more correct to say "The Democrat or the Republican wins" these days.

I'll enjoy it anyway.

Chris
03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Same difference. Funny cartoon if it wasn't so sad.

spunkloaf
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
:shocked: Oh, shit! Sorry! That just came out with no warning at all. What a mess. Did I get any on you? Jeez sorry, I'll get that dry-cleaned for you. How embarrassing. My bad. Next time I'll wait 30 minutes after eating before I enter these kinds of threads. Stupid me, I should've known better. Where are the towels? Anybody know? ...The towels? Not really? Alright I'll find them, it's all good. Don't mind me, just try to keep it going in here, carry on. Just watch out for--ok, watch out for that right there and this over here, don't step there. And I think some went over there too. This isn't pretty, might wanna shift your views over there somewhere. Actually, you know what? Everybody close your eyes and don't move, I'm gonna run and find a towel or something to get this all cleaned up. I am SO sorry, I'll be right back.

ramone
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Do you drink much spunk? Put me back on ignore or suffer the effects, you are a frigging retard.

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
But he's our special little guy, and we love him. :evil: :grin:

Mainecoons
03-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Did you do that after voting for Obama, Spunk?

That would be enough to make anyone puke.

ramone
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Love is an oxymoron I suppose. You can clean a moron with oxyclean I guess. Sorry, seems like he has a bigger drinking problem than I do, and that is saying something;.

Mister D
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
It looks like chocolate milk. YooHoo and vodka? :undecided:

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Love is an oxymoron I suppose. You can clean a moron with oxyclean I guess. Sorry, seems like he has a bigger drinking problem than I do, and that is saying something;.

I'm just starting my night. Jameson is on sale here $15 for a 750. Everyone talks a lot of crap about CA but our liquor is dirt cheap.

Mister D
03-15-2012, 09:27 PM
That is a good price. I've never tried Jameson. I should pick up a shot bottle and see if I like it.

ramone
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
That is a good price. I've never tried Jameson. I should pick up a shot bottle and see if I like it.

Best whiskey you will ever drink. If you do a shot and don't like it I swear D, I'll pay for the bottle. And here it is 25 for the small and 35 for a big one. Not at half gallon. :)

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM

You should definitely try it. Either at happy hour or at the store...give it a shot. There are some older varieties also.

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
It looks like chocolate milk. YooHoo and vodka? :undecided:

I'm laughing and disgusted at the same time.

ramone
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm laughing and disgusted at the same time.

chocolate milk, I love you like a brother D but,.............C milk, really?

MMC
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Heya D.....would that be known as a BROWN COW? :laugh: :grin:

Conley
03-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Chocolate milk is awesome. Vodka is awesome. Together...less than awesome. Vodka mixes with almost anything, but...yeah...

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Alright the picture was in bad taste, I do that sometimes. I edited it out. :grin:

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Do you drink much spunk? Put me back on ignore or suffer the effects, you are a frigging retard.

:cry:

you don't want to be my friend?

why do you gotta make me sad? huh?

fine. you can't come to my birthday party. know why? i.....HATE YOU! :angry:

ramone
03-16-2012, 08:16 PM
No you don't, you just think you do. It's all in your mind, I don't believe in hate. I'm a Nationalist and still don't hate anybody.

Mister D
03-16-2012, 08:26 PM
chocolate milk, I love you like a brother D but,.............C milk, really?

I'm not the one throwing it up. :grin:

Mister D
03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Hate is a waste of my energy.

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
No you don't, you just think you do. It's all in your mind, I don't believe in hate. I'm a Nationalist and still don't hate anybody.

Don't toy with my emotions, I'm still not inviting you to my birthday party. Unless you bring some good drugs, then ok.

ramone
03-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, me too. I gave that up long ago. I still have views I'll not go into here, but still don't hate anybody. At least you have some energy, long hard day today and I'm wore out.

ramone
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Don't toy with my emotions, I'm still not inviting you to my birthday party. Unless you bring some good drugs, then ok.

I quit the drugs about 10 years ago but I'm sure some of my old buddies are still around and able to fill the order. Provided they aren't in prison anyway.

Mister D
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, me too. I gave that up long ago. I still have views I'll not go into here, but still don't hate anybody. At least you have some energy, long hard day today and I'm wore out.

I hear ya. I pretty tired tonight. I went to happy hour but I'm usually not this tired when I get back.

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm wide awake and ready to drive out to a place some old friends are at so we can eat, drink, and play some music. :drumdude:Been a long time, more than a year. Gotta make it back for my 8-noon in the morning though. :sad:

Conley
03-16-2012, 09:39 PM
You haven't played music in over a year? No wonder you've been so uptight. :wink:

Mister D
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
What kind of BS shift is that?

ramone
03-16-2012, 10:14 PM

Stoner central.............. ????????????

spunkloaf
03-16-2012, 10:28 PM

Precisely. :wink: Perfect for bill collectors to get people on the phone when they're home, relaxed, and won't use their usual week-long busy-ness as an excuse to hang up. They're not screening calls as much because it's easy to assume they'd only get collection calls during the work week. Some of the more hostile ones are thick enough to tell me it's illegal to call them on the weekends. They know they're wrong too, but they play dumb and act upset and tell me they're gonna sue me and hang up. They could just as well skip all that and hang up, but this is a consumer's power trip.

Every business that wants a consumer's money is expected to be at the consumer's whim because of the perceived business rule that the customer is always right. It actually makes me pretty sick, because it has severely damaged our culture with the notion that anybody can get what they want if they just complain enough, demand to speak to supervisors, and/or threaten to take their business elsewhere. Unbelievable as it is, debtors exercise that rhetoric quite arrogantly even while on the phone with a debt collector, even though they didn't pay for the service they received. They still think they are my high-privileged, kiss-my-ass customer.

I love schooling them on that when they start acting upset and try to tell me how I should treat them. I tell them "you're not a customer anymore as far as this delinquent account is concerned. You already consumed the goods and services, the sun has set long ago on your distinguished and honorable "consumer" status. You're a debtor now, bitch. Now pay up." In more or less words, of course. One might think it would be a power trip to be able to put people in their place like that, but people are unbelievably resilient and shameless. Since it doesn't really effect them the way you expect that it should, it's not as fun. Damn, I gotta get going, I type on and on for too damn long. Need to start a novel or something. C-ya.

Conley
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Precisely. :wink: Perfect for bill collectors to get people on the phone when they're home, relaxed, and won't use their usual week-long busy-ness as an excuse to hang up. They're not screening calls as much because it's easy to assume they'd only get collection calls during the work week. Some of the more hostile ones are thick enough to tell me it's illegal to call them on the weekends. They know they're wrong too, but they play dumb and act upset and tell me they're gonna sue me and hang up. They could just as well skip all that and hang up, but this is a consumer's power trip.

Every business that wants a consumer's money is expected to be at the consumer's whim because of the perceived business rule that the customer is always right. It actually makes me pretty sick, because it has severely damaged our culture with the notion that anybody can get what they want if they just complain enough, demand to speak to supervisors, and/or threaten to take their business elsewhere. Unbelievable as it is, debtors exercise that rhetoric quite arrogantly even while on the phone with a debt collector, even though they didn't pay for the service they received. They still think they are my high-privileged, kiss-my-ass customer.

I love schooling them on that when they start acting upset and try to tell me how I should treat them. I tell them "you're not a customer anymore as far as this delinquent account is concerned. You already consumed the goods and services, the sun has set long ago on your distinguished and honorable "consumer" status. You're a debtor now, bitch. Now pay up." In more or less words, of course. One might think it would be a power trip to be able to put people in their place like that, but people are unbelievably resilient and shameless. Since it doesn't really effect them the way you expect that it should, it's not as fun. Damn, I gotta get going, I type on and on for too damn long. Need to start a novel or something. C-ya.

I want to know how much you get paid for this and do you work on commission? Do you ever do anything besides make phone calls? Inquiring minds want to know.

ramone
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM

You're a negro aren't you? A system sucker that preys on average people with some type of scam that you believe that others owe you. You may have scammed me into this post but I don't care. It is what it is................nomesayn bro.

Stoney
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Very interesting thread. :rollseyes:

Chris
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Meh.

Alias
03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Best whiskey you will ever drink. If you do a shot and don't like it I swear D, I'll pay for the bottle. And here it is 25 for the small and 35 for a big one. Not at half gallon. :)

I think I'll have a couple shots of Jameson and a some Guiness today. That will make me a happy little leprechaun.

Conley
03-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I think I'll have a couple shots of Jameson and a some Guiness today. That will make me a happy little leprechaun.

Seems like we're all bunch of whiskey drinkers around here. :laugh:

I forgot all about St. Paddys - happy day to all.

ramone
03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Very interesting thread. :rollseyes:

Trollish, wouldn't you say? :) Fun however!!

Happy st paddy day to you to too Conley.

Mister D
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I forgot about today. I hope they don't have that stupid bagpipes guy at the bar. He was there last year.

ramone
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM

You should get a brewing kit and make your own Bock beer, very close in taste to Guinness and pretty easy to make.

Conley
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I forgot about today. I hope they don't have that stupid bagpipes guy at the bar. He was there last year.

Bagpipes can get annoying in a few seconds. There are some cases where they're pretty cool but I can't think listening to them in a bar would be one.

Ever hear of Seven Nations? This is a cover but I like the bagpipes in their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGlCnY-z06Q

Conley
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZwdCe4Qi4

Mister D
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Bagpipes can get annoying in a few seconds. There are some cases where they're pretty cool but I can't think listening to them in a bar would be one.

Ever hear of Seven Nations? This is a cover but I like the bagpipes in their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGlCnY-z06Q

I agree, actually. I don't mind bagpipe tunes but when the bagpiper is several feet away it gets annoying after the first note. Can't hear this here but I like a lot of British military music. The pipes are sometimes prominent.

MMC
03-17-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

Dang, I forgot today was St Paddy's Day.....now ya's made me put some Irish Whiskey in my coffee. :coffee2:

Conley
03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Dang, I forgot today was St Paddy's Day.....now ya's made me put some Irish Whiskey in my coffee. :coffee2:

Cheers! :grin:

MMC
03-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Cheers! :grin:

:f_cheers:

ramone
03-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Nothing wrong with bagpipes. If AC/DC can do it and make it sound good, I'm all for it. About halfway through the song Bon plays, and quite well I'd say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3FCugMNZE&feature=related

Mister D
03-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Bon Scott. Speaking of drinking problems..

Conley
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM
It's 11:20am and I've got a nice buzz going. I don't have a problem with it. It's only a problem when you run out and have to head to the store. :evil:

ramone
03-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Bon Scott. Speaking of drinking problems..

All the good ones die for some reason or another. Look at Janis, or Duane Allman, creativity comes from an induced state of mind. I used to play guitar for at least two hours a day. When I was on all the dope my mind was really free from normal intrusions and I could write some pretty cool stuff. In a way it sucks because the life span becomes less with the fame.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Conley & ramone:

This fucking forum needs to be fixed, dudes. I had a nice explanation typed up explaining how debt collections is not at all evil scamming and more like professional gambling using valid and in-statute debt contracts defaulted on by real debtors. I hit the backspace button. Such as it occasionally does on this forum, it back-paged my browser and I lost the whole paragraph. Sorry but I'm too pissed to type it up again, sometime though. Is Admin working on that? Anybody know? If not, somebody should get chopping. Just sayin.

Anyways, I'm rolling to the next point I was gonna make before that was lost. collections is a thankless and misunderstood job, and debtors are not quite the victims they so easily convince the public that they are. If you heard the kind of shit I've heard and seen the kind of outright negligence I see, not to mention the heckling and threats we get, it might become clearer as to why debt collectors behave the way they do. It's not a job that pays you to do customer service, and there's good reason. I've experienced it first hand, and believe me I tried hard to make customer service work for debt collections. People walked all over me, because they think they're my"customer." Any collector's failure to rid themselves of that habit of customer service mind set and adapt a firm set of professional standards and expectations for the debtors, they'll suffer greatly on the phone and probably eventually get fired

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I fell asleep writing this last post, didn't submit it, and I overslept through my entire shift. I don't think I've ever missed work that severely. My supervisor's gonna be pissed.

Mister D
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
You over slept twice in a row!? :shocked: :grin: Seriously, no call no shows are bad. I'd call ASAP.

Conley
03-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Conley & ramone:

This fucking forum needs to be fixed, dudes. I had a nice explanation typed up explaining how debt collections is not at all evil scamming and more like professional gambling using valid and in-statute debt contracts defaulted on by real debtors. I hit the backspace button. Such as it occasionally does on this forum, it back-paged my browser and I lost the whole paragraph. Sorry but I'm too pissed to type it up again, sometime though. Is Admin working on that? Anybody know? If not, somebody should get chopping. Just sayin.

Anyways, I'm rolling to the next point I was gonna make before that was lost. collections is a thankless and misunderstood job, and debtors are not quite the victims they so easily convince the public that they are. If you heard the kind of shit I've heard and seen the kind of outright negligence I see, not to mention the heckling and threats we get, it might become clearer as to why debt collectors behave the way they do. It's not a job that pays you to do customer service, and there's good reason. I've experienced it first hand, and believe me I tried hard to make customer service work for debt collections. People walked all over me, because they think they're my"customer." Any collector's failure to rid themselves of that habit of customer service mind set and adapt a firm set of professional standards and expectations for the debtors, they'll suffer greatly on the phone and probably eventually get fired

Whenever I type stuff in sometimes I'll notice at the bottom a little thing flashes saying autosaved. I don't know what that means but maybe you can recover stuff that way. The other peeps have more experience with this forum than I do.

Chris
03-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I type most stuff in notepad and then paste here. The editor keeps trying to maintain source formatting when I don't want it. Is there a simple text editor here?

ramone
03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm a mod on a vb forum and yes auto save will keep it usually. Problem is that if there is an auto log off, then it will be lost anyway. I tend to save it on open office if it is a long post. We get Ddos'd all the time, daily matter of fact. Get Linux and you can usually recover, at least to the page you were on. I'll never pay bill gates for another worthless virus prone system again.

ramone
03-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I type most stuff in notepad and then paste here. The editor keeps trying to maintain source formatting when I don't want it. Is there a simple text editor here?

You can change to the basic editor in your settings. Not much more than notepad though.

Chris
03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Ah, OK, thanks, Standard Editor seems to work way I'm use to, with a few bells and whistles.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Why is it so hard to fix the bugs in the text editor? The backspace isn't the heart of problem. It just happened to me again. The problem is with the arrow keys because they are not recognized by the text editor. Any time you press an arrow key the browser responds to it instead, which inactivates the editor. Hitting backspace after using the arrow key makes sense for why it pages back on the browser. It's annoying but at least I know I need to use the mouse for navigating through my typed text here, not arrow keys. Backspace works just as it is supposed to, it's not the problem.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 03:38 PM
You over slept twice in a row!? :shocked: :grin: Seriously, no call no shows are bad. I'd call ASAP.

I submitted the first one and didn't see it, so I typed it again and submitted, then the first one showed up so I deleted it. Damn you were quick on that, it wasn't there but for a minute or so.

Nah, the shift was over an hour before I woke up. I ain't calling my supervisor's cell and bugging her at home so I can apologize. It'll be good, I'll go in a couple hours early on Monday and explain.

Mister D
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
I submitted the first one and didn't see it, so I typed it again and submitted, then the first one showed up so I deleted it. Damn you were quick on that, it wasn't there but for a minute or so.

Nah, the shift was over an hour before I woke up. I ain't calling my supervisor's cell and bugging her at home so I can apologize. It'll be good, I'll go in a couple hours early on Monday and explain.

Mister D is ever watchful. He knows all. :shocked: :cool2:

Well, you know them while I'm just going on generalities. That's cool if it's something you can smooth over.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Well, you know them while I'm just going on generalities. That's cool if it's something you can smooth over.

Yeah, I didn't get any calls from my sup so I don't think she was scheduled for today. She won't discover my absence til Monday. I have never done that before, weird. Didn't party hard at all last night, was only up til 3, and that's nothing unusual for me. I usually wake up early even without an alarm clock...which I didn't set. Still, 1pm is a late, late hour in the day for me to ever wake up, especially when my internal clock knows that I work. I hate sleeping the whole morning away. I used to have roommates who'd sleep til 5pm or 6 on a Saturday. Drove me fucking nuts.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM

And as the size of his ego steadily approaches that of Jupiter, it's predicted to dwarf the gas giant at about 7:51pmCST. If it were made of matter, Mr. D's ego would soon be the largest object in the solar system besides the Sun, which is next.

Conley
03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
This is one weird thread. I love it. :laugh:

ramone
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Why is it so hard to fix the bugs in the text editor? The backspace isn't the heart of problem. It just happened to me again. The problem is with the arrow keys because they are not recognized by the text editor. Any time you press an arrow key the browser responds to it instead, which inactivates the editor. Hitting backspace after using the arrow key makes sense for why it pages back on the browser. It's annoying but at least I know I need to use the mouse for navigating through my typed text here, not arrow keys. Backspace works just as it is supposed to, it's not the problem.

You probably have some hot keys enabled. I get some stupid crap sometimes too. I'll type out a huge post and hit the wrong key and it will be gone, never to come back. I live with it because I like the shortcut keys. Check your settings and disable hot keys in your browser, I think this will fix your problem.

Mister D
03-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I didn't get any calls from my sup so I don't think she was scheduled for today. She won't discover my absence til Monday. I have never done that before, weird. Didn't party hard at all last night, was only up til 3, and that's nothing unusual for me. I usually wake up early even without an alarm clock...which I didn't set. Still, 1pm is a late, late hour in the day for me to ever wake up, especially when my internal clock knows that I work. I hate sleeping the whole morning away. I used to have roommates who'd sleep til 5pm or 6 on a Saturday. Drove me fucking nuts.

We must ear you out! :grin:

Mister D
03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
And as the size of his ego steadily approaches that of Jupiter, it's predicted to dwarf the gas giant at about 7:51pmCST. If it were made of matter, Mr. D's ego would soon be the largest object in the solar system besides the Sun, which is next.

Mister D has long surpassed this "Jupiter" you speak of. :angry: Furthermore, because of this transgression Mister D hath decreed that CST is no longer acceptable.

spunkloaf
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Mister D has long surpassed this "Jupiter" you speak of. :angry: Furthermore, because of this transgression Mister D hath decreed that CST is no longer acceptable.

Oh, I know. I was just quoting a world-wide news report from 1977 before you ruled the world or universe, before you instated a new time standard, and while the size of your ego was still comparable to planets and not galaxies. You've come quite a long ways Mister D. :grin:

ramone
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh, I know. I was just quoting a world-wide news report from 1977 before you ruled the world or universe, before you instated a new time standard, and while the size of your ego was still comparable to planets and not galaxies. You've come quite a long ways Mister D. :grin:

Something for thought spunk, I just noticed your sig for the first time. I saw Pink Floyd the wall, in the UK at Earl's Court if memory serves me right. Very cool show...............

Mister D
03-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Never got into Pink Floyd.

ramone
03-17-2012, 09:01 PM

You must have been a good child growing up then. I wasn't.........I loved Dark Side of the Moon, possibly the best album ever besides their "Animals" album. That one was epic!!

Mister D
03-17-2012, 09:03 PM
You must have been a good child growing up then. I wasn't.........I loved Dark Side of the Moon, possibly the best album ever besides their "Animals" album. That one was epic!!

Oh, I liked rock music. Even heavy metal. I was a huge Iron Maiden fan when I was 15 or 16. Black Sabbath too. I just didn't like Floyd's stuff for some reason.

ramone
03-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh, I liked rock music. Even heavy metal. I was a huge Iron Maiden fan when I was 15 or 16. Black Sabbath too. I just didn't like Floyd's stuff for some reason.

Thats because your dealer, didn't give you the real stuff I guess.

Mister D
03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Thats because your dealer, didn't give you the real stuff I guess.

:laugh: Didn't even have my first drink until I was 19.

ramone
03-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Seriously? I was smoking a joint every day at 14. Still working my ass off around the farm, but working happy. :)

Mister D
03-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Yep. I hardly ever came into contact with drugs and I hated the taste of alcohol. Then one day at a friend's house someone stopped by and asked for a beer at one point. I found the aroma appealing for the first time and I never looked back.

ramone
03-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I like em both but there comes a point in your life when you know you can't do the shit anymore. I stick to the legal stuff now days, I've got grandchildren and I'm not about to try and explain why papa went to prison again. Nope, done with it, like it but done with it.

spunkloaf
03-18-2012, 03:13 AM

I only just got into Floyd in the past week. Never paid much attention before, just sorta liked a few popular songs. Their sound is not very catchy or contagious. It's more like something one would need to emphatically dive into. A music buddy of mine begged me for three years to listen to and learn some of their stuff. I even bought The Wall cd and the movie a year ago. I watched and listened here and there. It just never sank in til I forced my way through the album and decided a week ago to learn it, and now having taken the plunge I'm hooked.

spunkloaf
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Something for thought spunk, I just noticed your sig for the first time. I saw Pink Floyd the wall, in the UK at Earl's Court if memory serves me right. Very cool show...............

Awesome. I'm jealous. Actually, I'm learning the entire album now. I have a buddy who's a great guitarist. He could play Floyd just as good wasted and falling over as he can completely sober, it's amazing. I'm somewhat part of a group of at least 10 musicians who all play in different combinations under different monikers. The Groovin Bad Bluesin Brothers (GB^3, an original band) kicked it off, and with regular practice and shows they had a good fan base til 2 guys started families and faded out. All kinds of people were invited to jam up to and succeeding that time. Those jams led to The New Defective and Vaginal Discharge (both cover bands), and Biletnikoff which was another original band that I was part of and went inactive 2 years ago because of various difficulties.

Anyways, my buddy who plays Floyd was in every single one of those bands, and so was the drummer. Us three and a couple others are going to do "The Wall" as a tribute set. I'm doing the keyboards, and I'm gonna bring all kinds of elements and effects to the songs to try and mirror the feel of the album. The reason my buddy was asking me for years to learn the keyboard parts is because it simply isn't the same without the keyboard element. After diving into the album, I have to agree. It's exciting to recreate something and I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I only hope that if we take it to the stages, the different crowds will be interested and patient enough for what we have to bring. That's alot to have to sit through for only covering all songs from one artist, especially if people aren't familiar with or interested in Pink Floyd.

Peter1469
03-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Animals is the only Pink Floyd album that I don't have. have.

spunkloaf
03-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Animals is the only Pink Floyd album that I don't have. have.

I thought you'd appreciate the Floyd discussion, peter1469. When all our ducks are in order and the songs are flowing, I'll be sure to put up a recording or video. I think you guys would like what we're doing.

Peter1469
03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Sounds great.

ramone
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Awesome. I'm jealous. Actually, I'm learning the entire album now. I have a buddy who's a great guitarist. He could play Floyd just as good wasted and falling over as he can completely sober, it's amazing. I'm doing the keyboards, and I'm gonna bring all kinds of elements and effects to the songs to try and mirror the feel of the album.

I know a guy like that, he is brilliant when it comes to guitars. I've seen him play in clubs propped up against the wall and never miss a note, drunk on his ass. I used to play some but never was good enough to make a buck at it.

What kind of keyboard are you using? A buddy of mine brought over a Korg Titian Extreme a few weeks ago and left it here. His hands are messed up now and he can't play it anymore. I have no idea how to play the thing but I make noise with it every now and then. It's got some cool effects if you know how to use it. I don't have the time to learn.

spunkloaf
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I know a guy like that, he is brilliant when it comes to guitars. I've seen him play in clubs propped up against the wall and never miss a note, drunk on his ass. I used to play some but never was good enough to make a buck at it.

What kind of keyboard are you using? A buddy of mine brought over a Korg Titian Extreme a few weeks ago and left it here. His hands are messed up now and he can't play it anymore. I have no idea how to play the thing but I make noise with it every now and then. It's got some cool effects if you know how to use it. I don't have the time to learn.

It's a Casio wk-500. Nothing fancy. I'll be usng a sampler/loop pedal for sound effect samples. Like the jet plane in "In the flesh?", helicopter in "The happiest days of our lives", and baby crying in "The thin ice", etc.

ramone
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
It's a Casio wk-500. Nothing fancy. I'll be usng a sampler/loop pedal for sound effect samples. Like the jet plane in "In the flesh?", helicopter in "The happiest days of our lives", and baby crying in "The thin ice", etc.

Fancy doesn't mean much in my estimation, I've seen people play the hell out of a 100 dollar Epiphone Les Paul, Only difference is the sustain and a little less depth than a Gibson. New pickups would fix that. It's all in the talent, we played three days a week back in the day and got fair, not great but somewhat decent. It takes a lot of dedication to play well, for people like me who have to work for it. I don't have the time anymore. Wish I did.

Look forward to hearing what you guys come up with. :)

spunkloaf
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Fancy doesn't mean much in my estimation, I've seen people play the hell out of a 100 dollar Epiphone Les Paul, Only difference is the sustain and a little less depth than a Gibson. New pickups would fix that. It's all in the talent, we played three days a week back in the day and got fair, not great but somewhat decent. It takes a lot of dedication to play well, for people like me who have to work for it. I don't have the time anymore. Wish I did.

Look forward to hearing what you guys come up with. :)

True dat, a good musician should master the basics before understanding the fancy stuff.