PDA

View Full Version : What scenarios are acceptable for a police officer to shoot someone?

Codename Section
04-08-2014, 06:58 AM
I see a lot of apologists on here whenever someone gets shot by a cop. They'll say it was some kind of anomaly instead of the new ROE.

No one wants to see anyone die. I sure don't. I also don't think all crimes are worthy of escalation and that the military and the police need to accept some risk (its why they give you a gun and body armor).

I'm curious about others tho.

Terminal Lance
04-08-2014, 07:43 AM
I added if he has a knife, but I want to amend to say if he's close enough to kill the cop with it. If he's 30 feet away, no. You can wing the guy, but not kill him dead because you don't know with certainty he would use it.

Chris
04-08-2014, 07:56 AM
In defense of police I'd say you need to be there, need to have the full story, all the details, to really say. On the face of it I selected only the first case. The knofe, thought about it.

Captain Obvious
04-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Dumbfuckery should be on that list.

Ravi
04-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Do these cops that kill people without good reason get patted on the back or are they investigated, disciplined and fired?

Codename Section
04-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Do these cops that kill people without good reason get patted on the back or are they investigated, disciplined and fired?

Don't know. I'm asking the forum what scenarios they feel are ok to kill people during.

When is it ok to kill someone if you're a cop?