PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Favorite Mac and Cheese

oceanloverOH
04-09-2014, 07:13 PM
My beloved Dad is visiting me.....he's always said I'm the only one who can cook like Mom, and asked me to make her recipe for Mac and Cheese, which he loves. I made it tonight with a spiral ham; here's Mom's recipe....enjoy!

Dad's Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Prep 30 min
Cook 35-37 min
Serves 6

PAM cooking spray
1 13 oz. box uncooked elbow macaroni
2 cans Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup
1 soup can milk
1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1¼ cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 13X9X2 metal baking pan by spraying lightly with PAM. Combine cheeses into mixing bowl, mixing well; set aside. Prepare the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain well in colander. Put soup into large saucepan and mix in milk. Slowly heat on low heat until hot but not boiling, stirring every few minutes (be careful not to scorch). Combine soup mixture and cooked macaroni in same saucepan you boiled the pasta in.

Put a layer consisting of half the macaroni and cheese soup mixture in prepared baking pan and top evenly with half the shredded cheese mixture. Repeat layer, finishing with cheese on top. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and place pan under broiler for 5-7 min until top is lightly browned and crispy.