PDA

View Full Version : New liberal!

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Old school Democrat. White middle-aged business owner. Pro-marriage equality. No problem with gun control. Progressive attitude. Sarcastic, but not especially cynical.

Codename Section
Howdy y'all.

Peter1469
Welcome to the forum!

KC
04-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm not a big chess player, by the way. That's just my catch phrase.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Welcome Dave.

nic34
04-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Old school Democrat. White middle-aged business owner. Pro-marriage equality. No problem with gun control. Progressive attitude. Sarcastic, but not especially cynical.

welcome, you're in for it.....:wink:

Cigar
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Good Luck with The Wing Nuts around this place. :laugh:

Ethereal
04-13-2014, 05:20 PM
The traditional definition of a liberal is one that is anti-state and pro-liberty. Not sure how you reconcile gun control with being a liberal.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, and stuff.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Thats right, you have to follow the cookbook properly to be one orthe other.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Who do I need to debate to prove myself around here?

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:26 PM
The traditional definition of a liberal is one that is anti-state and pro-liberty. Not sure how you reconcile gun control with being a liberal.

Heh-heh…you guys never give up.

Cigar
04-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Careful, their cycles run regular weekly and Midol doesn't help. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 05:28 PM

Chris

If you win that one you win the forum.

KC

Oh this thread again?

Cigar

No one, there's no debate, they lost Twice Back-2-Black ... and they have been whiling every since :laugh:

Just sit back and enjoy the crying. :grin:

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:29 PM
@Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128)

Hmm. What's his/her weakness?

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 05:30 PM

Common sense

Chris
04-13-2014, 05:33 PM

welcome, you're in for it.....:wink:

Iow, good luck with the LWNJs who would see a Blue Dog old school Democrat, like my dad, as a DINO (Dem In Name Only).

Ethereal
04-13-2014, 05:33 PM

Just asking a question about your politics.

Chris
04-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Chris

Common sense

One, I don't want to win the forum, whatever that might mean or imply.

Two, I'm wrong 95% of the time, how else does one learn.

Three, commonsense to Captain means I know I'm right but damned if I can argue or explain it.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 05:37 PM
One, I don't want to win the forum, whatever that might mean or imply.

Two, I'm wrong 95% of the time, how else does one learn.

Clearly not by being wrong 95% of the time.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Iow, good luck with the LWNJs who would see a Blue Dog old school Democrat, like my dad, as a DINO (Dem In Name Only).

Maybe I wasn't being precise. I've very much a current Democrat. No problem being called partisan, either. I HAVE voted for a few Republicans. But not many.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Just asking a question about your politics.

NP…I'm a liberal in the NPR, Bill Moyers, Bill Maher, okay-with-taxes, kind of modern liberal way. However, I prefer black coffee to lattes and I've never owned a Volvo.

Chris
04-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Maybe I wasn't being precise. I've very much a current Democrat. No problem being called partisan, either. I HAVE voted for a few Republicans. But not many.

OK, well, old school Democrat Blue Dogs were fairly conservative. Myself, I see little to no difference between Dems and Reps these days, in values, perhaps, but in growing government, no. I'm sure we'll have many opportunities to discuss this. Welcome aboard.

IMPress Polly
04-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Welcome from your resident Marxist! :grin:

KC
04-13-2014, 05:45 PM
NP…I'm a liberal in the NPR, Bill Moyers, Bill Maher, okay-with-taxes, kind of modern liberal way. However, I prefer black coffee to lattes and I've never owned a Volvo.

Well, you're not all bad then I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcQ1dapw8

Dr. Who
04-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Welcome Dave!

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 05:49 PM

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24260-Understanding-Men?p=575729&viewfull=1#post575729
(http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24260-Understanding-Men?p=575729&viewfull=1#post575729)
Hi. My name is spunkloaf.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:56 PM

When I was a lad at my first ad agency, I would emulate Agent Cooper. Even had a voice recorder.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 05:57 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24260-Understanding-Men?p=575729&viewfull=1#post575729
(http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24260-Understanding-Men?p=575729&viewfull=1#post575729)
Hi. My name is spunkloaf.

Kudos for the screen name!

Ethereal
04-13-2014, 05:59 PM

What is a "liberal", in your opinion?

KC
04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
When I was a lad at my first ad agency, I would emulate Agent Cooper. Even had a voice recorder.

Nice. As you can tell, I'm a pretty big Twin Peaks fan.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
What is a "liberal", in your opinion?

I'll go with Webster's:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/liberal

Chris
04-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Finally started watching Twin Peaks again, saw the pilot last time, something almost timeless about it.

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Information is power, even if it is redundant information.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Finally started watching Twin Peaks again, saw the pilot last time, something almost timeless about it.

It was all sort of retro back then, even.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 06:07 PM

It's 'Faolknups' spelled backwards, don't let him fool you.

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
I'll go with Webster's:

Before I check the link. I suspect there should be a reference describing one's philosophy centering on freedom, hence the etymology of the word "liberal" coming from the Latin word "liber" which translates literally to mean "free."

That's ancient history to anyone else though.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Before I check the link. I suspect there should be a reference describing one's philosophy centering on freedom, hence the etymology of the word "liberal" coming from the Latin word "liber" which translates literally to mean "free."

That's ancient history to anyone else though.

Yeah, but I'm not one of those conservative libertarian "classical" liberals, if that's what you mean. I don't dig that jive, man.

Peter1469
04-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah, but I'm not one of those conservative libertarian "classical" liberals, if that's what you mean. I don't dig that jive, man.

Nobody is perfect.

Perianne
04-13-2014, 06:27 PM
I remember you from your short stint on the sister site. Cat is not here.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:29 PM
I remember you from your short stint on the sister site. Cat is not here.

A home she has found, which is good, and they are convinced Romanian she is.

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 06:45 PM
deserting your libtard peers? good for you. Must get tired of getting jerked by your friends eh?

Ethereal
04-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I'll go with Webster's:

I find the etymology of the word to be instructive.

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free

First Known Use: 14th century

So, the origin of the word is related to freedom, would you agree?

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:56 PM
I find the etymology of the word to be instructive.

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free

First Known Use: 14th century

So, the origin of the word is related to freedom, would you agree?

Yes, gays should be free to marry.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I remember you from your short stint on the sister site.

Ah...

The Politics Forums®. Home of the n-word!™

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Ah...

The Politics Forums®. Home of the n-word!™

Yeah, we got a couple of them here too.

But, the placed isn't over-ran with that nonsense. You'll figure out who they are here, they stick out like a sore pecker.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah, we got a couple of them here too.

But, the placed isn't over-ran with that nonsense. You'll figure out who they are here, they stick out like a sore pecker.

Noted and thank you.

Ethereal
04-13-2014, 07:04 PM

I agree. And they should also be free to keep and bear arms.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
I agree. And they should also be free to keep and bear arms.

You know what. I actually agree. And if conservatives-at-large understood the American tradition of legislative compromise, that would probably solve a lot of problems.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 07:11 PM
You know what. I actually agree. And if conservatives-at-large understood the American tradition of legislative compromise, that would probably solve a lot of problems.

Nah...

It's not about the issue, but more about the pissing contest.

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 07:16 PM

I'm confused, because I understand "neo-liberal" as the kind of rare stereotypical bad apple in the liberal bunch who makes liberal a bad name. I see "classical liberal" as what I am, following a philosophy of freedom for all despite differences.

Chris
04-13-2014, 07:20 PM

But the American state was designed for contention to limit its power.

countryboy
04-13-2014, 07:29 PM
A home she has found, which is good, and they are convinced Romanian she is.
Lol, you sound more like Yoda than Cat.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi there, davo. Tired of the echo chamber you created already?

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 07:35 PM
deserting your libtard peers? good for you. Must get tired of getting jerked by your friends eh?

Bravo. "Libtard" is probably the toast of your ability to creatively insult people. I bet you're the only one smart enough to come up with such a thing.

I'm just venting, it doesn't bother me. I've seen that word for years, and looked more dumb every time I saw it, such that it has fallen off my radar.

Maybe I can be the libtard who you don't want to hate for being liberal.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Bravo. "Libtard" is probably the toast of your ability to creatively insult people. I bet you're the only one smart enough to come up with such a thing.

I'm just venting, it doesn't bother me. I've seen that word for years, and looked more dumb every time I saw it, such that it has fallen off my radar.

If you knew how many times davo accused me of being racist because his intellect couldn't keep up, you'd sing a different tune. Jus' sayin'. =)

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 07:38 PM

I'm no longer sure that I know where that jive is, much less know where to dig for it.

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 07:41 PM
If you knew how many times davo accused me of being racist because his intellect couldn't keep up, you'd sing a different tune. Jus' sayin'. =)

I accused someone of being racist because they hated Obama. Mistake on my part, either that or they are really good at using their hate for liberals to hide their racist intentions.

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 07:41 PM

Actually, I'll reserve my judgement of you. From what you have posted, you are more of a classic liberal than one of today's koolaid imbibed progturds.

Please do not judge my creative abilities before you know me.:wink:

spunkloaf
04-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Actually, I'll reserve my judgement of you. From what you have posted, you are more of a classic liberal than one of today's koolaid imbibed progturds.

Please do not judge my creative abilities before you know me.:wink:

Ah, but you see I reserved that judgment and reiterated my attitude of you.

But come on. Libtard. Really? Only sayin. :laugh: Is it just a habit by now, or does it still entertain you to use the word? haha

Matty
04-13-2014, 07:49 PM

It!s the counterbalance to the libtards use of the word "repug" or "re thug" but you weren't going to mention that were you?

Spectre
04-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I also like the term 'gliberal'.:evil:

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Progtard and libiot work, too.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:06 PM

Oh yeah? At PH I'm Davocrat. What was your pre-ban name?

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Ah, but you see I reserved that judgment and reiterated my attitude of you.

But come on. Libtard. Really? Only sayin. :laugh: Is it just a habit by now, or does it still entertain you to use the word? haha

Yes. It entertains me. Got a rise out of you didn't it?

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Pre-ban? lol!

I heard that place emptied out, not sure why.

I haven't been there in a long time, went by The Voice of Reason. Maybe you remember me.

Where's Boontito gone to?

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi there, davo. Tired of the echo chamber you created already?

Actually, I'm kind of enjoying it over there now that so many bigots have departed.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Pre-ban? lol!

I haven't been there in a long time, went by The Voice of Reason. Maybe you remember me.

Where's Boontito gone to?

Johnny Cash avatar…you're a musician, too, right?

Teat's still there. You should stop over. It's pretty fun because most people have a sense of humor now.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Johnny Cash avatar…you're a musician, too, right?

No, I'm a drummer.

:grin:

The Xl
04-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Welcome.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 08:11 PM
As if you don't know. How's the kids?

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Pre-ban? lol!

One of the libertarians killed his mom.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Actually, I'm kind of enjoying it over there now that so many bigots have departed.
Now that you're here, they're all finally gone! :)

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:13 PM
As if you don't know. How's the kids?

Why would I know? But seeing as you're Mordent, I'll just say, glad you were banned and leave it at that.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Pre-ban? lol!

Yes. Confirmed. Banned a few weeks ago.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes. Confirmed. Banned a few weeks ago.

Wonder if I'm banned also.

Banned from TPF for whatever reason, shit like that seems to happen to me a lot.

Kalkin
Why would I know? But seeing as you're Mordent, I'll just say, glad you were banned and leave it at that.
Of course you are, you certainly couldn't best me on the intellectual battlefield.

Matty
Trolling!

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Now that you're here, they're all finally gone! :)

MPT = Mordent Posting Trajectory
OPT = Opposing Posting Trajectory
MOB = Moment of Butt-hurt
The typical MPT is a function of self-satisfaction and velocity, usually gaining self-satisfaction in proportion to posting velocity. An OPT (dotted line) capable of matching the MPT altitude with minimal velocity results in the MOB. Following the MOB, the MPT dives while maintaining velocity and, most interestingly, attempts to regain its position on the self-satisfaction axis resulting in a series of remarkable downward loops at a velocity almost proportional to that which preceded MOB.

Click to view.

Nothing's changed I can see.

I probably won't be communicating with you here. You're a bigot and a really lame writer.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Wonder if I'm banned also.

Banned from TPF for whatever reason, shit like that seems to happen to me a lot.

No, you're still in good standing.

Matty
04-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Of course you are, you certainly couldn't best me on the intellectual battlefield.

Mordent?

:love7:

Captain Obvious
I love the introduction of off-forum history, it's so... variety.

Captain Obvious
No, you're still in good standing.

Guess I gotta remedy that.

Matty
04-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Somebody is very prickly!

Spectre
04-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Guess I gotta remedy that.

Just be your normal sweet self, you'll get banned in a jiffy.

Alyosha
04-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Can someone go over and start drama with Network? I'd like him to post here.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
MPT = Mordent Posting Trajectory
OPT = Opposing Posting Trajectory
MOB = Moment of Butt-hurt
The typical MPT is a function of self-satisfaction and velocity, usually gaining self-satisfaction in proportion to posting velocity. An OPT (dotted line) capable of matching the MPT altitude with minimal velocity results in the MOB. Following the MOB, the MPT dives while maintaining velocity and, most interestingly, attempts to regain its position on the self-satisfaction axis resulting in a series of remarkable downward loops at a velocity almost proportional to that which preceded MOB.

Click to view.

Nothing's changed I can see.

I probably won't be communicating with you here. You're a bigot and a really lame writer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4

momsapplepie
LOL! careful Capt! Davo's just looking for a new reach around partner!

Captain Obvious

Yeh, I failed - sorry.

Somebody here's gotta have a valid account over there to simply PM him.

Perianne

I would invite him, but I can't get back in. Plus, Trin would not appreciate that of me.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:23 PM
LOL! careful Capt! Davo's just looking for a new reach around partner!

Let me think about it...

The Xl
I would invite him, but I can't get back in. Plus, Trin would not appreciate that of me.

Can't get back in? Did you get banned too?

Captain Obvious
Just be your normal sweet self, you'll get banned in a jiffy.

They were pretty tolerant of me over there, I have to give them credit.

At least when I was sort of a regular there.

Alyosha
04-13-2014, 08:25 PM

peri, go do it! How do u think they got all their posters?

Matty
Let me think about it...

Get that udder guy to check him for stinky balls!

Captain Obvious

http://8c4625.medialib.glogster.com/media/87670955229a927f6823f1782e31f410d08d92f9ecb7aae3ea 111263f6b1523a/et-tu-brute.jpg

Perianne
04-13-2014, 08:26 PM

peri, go do it! How do u think they got all their posters?

I don't think I am banned. I changed my password to gibberish so I wouldn't be tempted to log back in. Maybe Fyrenza finally won and got me banned. She is the queen bee there now.

Alyosha
04-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I don't think I am banned. I changed my password to gibberish so I wouldn't be tempted to log back in. Maybe Fyrenza finally won and got me banned. She is the queen bee there now.

Did the forum open a bar?

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Mordent?

:love7:

Perianne
04-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Did the forum open a bar?

There appears to be a new rule there (for only her). You can post anything - ANYTHING - as long as you say you were drunk when you posted it.

Spectre
04-13-2014, 08:29 PM

Network is one of the most highly entertaining posters on the internet:

He believes that the moon is no longer there and that an orbiting satellite--which he has seen--is projecting a hologram of the moon to dupe the masses.

He believes this with the firmest and most devout conviction.

I ADORE Network!

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:29 PM
There appears to be a new rule there (for only her). You can post anything - ANYTHING - as long as you say you were drunk when you posted it.

Then Fyrenza is safe.

... oops

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Network is one of the most highly entertaining posters on the internet:

He believes that the moon is no longer there and that an orbiting satellite--which he has seen--is projecting a hologram of the moon to dupe the masses.

He believes this with the firmest and most devout conviction.

I ADORE Network!

Yeah, I like that little nutsack picker myself.

Perianne
04-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Then Fyrenza is safe.

... oops

Apparently so. I mean I am also very sorrowful that there are alcoholic potheads in this world, but geez, does everyone have to suffer just because they are so miserable?

Alyosha
04-13-2014, 08:32 PM

And high ...

Perianne
04-13-2014, 08:33 PM
She will eventually find me here and start up harassing me. meh. As long as she does not have the backing of the mods I am okay with it.

Kalkin
04-13-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm going to a card party at a collective owner's place in an hour and a half...

Matty
04-13-2014, 08:35 PM
The banned hammer is a terrible thingy to waste! Yes it is!

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 08:43 PM
but but but.... It gives them such a power rush!

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM

TEST

Suggest that you show us all how one could have compromised with Adolph Hitler or Josef Stalin for that matter.

When we encounter those who have no rightful title to our earnings, yet they believe they have that right, and we point our finger and say, oh no you don't, yet they refuse to compromise, what then?

My compromise is that now that you understand i don't want you to take my money, you agree.

My compromise is that I give to my state. And that works out fine.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:47 PM
This thread is fucking awesome!

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 08:48 PM
TEST

Suggest that you show us all how one could have compromised with Adolph Hitler or Josef Stalin for that matter.

When we encounter those who have no rightful title to our earnings, yet they believe they have that right, and we point our finger and say, oh no you don't, yet they refuse to compromise, what then?

My compromise is that now that you understand i don't want you to take my money, you agree.

My compromise is that I give to my state. And that works out fine.

Hitler and Stalin were never American statesmen.

My point is, I'd let you carry your gun to Toys R Us if you let homosexuals get married.

Newpublius
04-13-2014, 08:49 PM

Deja vu, I suppose. Hi Dave....

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:49 PM

My point is, I'd let you carry your gun to Toys R Us if you let homosexuals get married.

As long as you don't allow homosexuals into Toys R Us.

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:50 PM

The word is contract with each other.

Opposite sex's get married.

Kalkin
Neither is obozo.

Captain Obvious

And divorced.

... a lot

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:52 PM

My point is that democrats are not American statesmen. They are only Americans.

As to my gun, in CA it is not allowed.

As to homosexuals marrying, I voted in CA for them to have civil unions to handle all of that. I did my bit for them.

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:53 PM
And divorced.

... a lot

They do, however the courts work hard to protect the children. Marriage has children as an important component.

Captain Obvious
04-13-2014, 08:56 PM
They do, however the courts work hard to protect the children. Marriage has children as an important component.

Great.

It was near 80 today, supposed to snow on Tuesday, for what it's worth.

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:56 PM

I love that game. Don't find any competition though.

Bob
04-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Are all of your mirrors broke?

Bob
04-13-2014, 09:02 PM
No one, there's no debate, they lost Twice Back-2-Black ... and they have been whiling every since :laugh:

Just sit back and enjoy the crying. :grin:

In your dreams poncho.

Also, we tolerate your crying but we don't much enjoy it.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 09:03 PM

For now. In most states. At the moment.

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 09:06 PM
My point is that democrats are not American statesmen. They are only Americans.

As to my gun, in CA it is not allowed.

As to homosexuals marrying, I voted in CA for them to have civil unions to handle all of that. I did my bit for them.

You know I've started putting cinnamon on my cereal in the morning. It's like a little vacation before work!

Peter1469
04-13-2014, 09:08 PM
One of the libertarians killed his mom.
What?

Bob
04-13-2014, 09:14 PM
OK, well, old school Democrat Blue Dogs were fairly conservative. Myself, I see little to no difference between Dems and Reps these days, in values, perhaps, but in growing government, no. I'm sure we'll have many opportunities to discuss this. Welcome aboard.

Here is what happened.

Republicans in the days of Reagan knew principles to live by. But as did Reagan, we wanted to trust Democrats.

However trusting Democrats turned out to be wrong. They stiff armed Reagan so he now gets blamed for large deficits. He was always against that kind of budget. But he tried compromise.

That was bad. It had as much chance of working as a snowball does of lasting on a hot stove.

Bush the son tried compromise. That was wrong. It got him also blamed for high deficits.

So today the game republicans play is to tell voters we want low deficits and wipe them out.

Trouble is, the free loading 47 percent want goods. The love living next to tax free. The have no conscience. Republicans must appeal to those with no conscience.

It is a rough row to hoe. Too many Americans are addicted to the free trough so they want to keep pigging out. Democrats keep feeding them BS and covering them with it trying to treat the public as mushrooms. Romney tried to talk the truth and lost the election. He did not rush about offering free goodies as Obama did and does to this day.

Bob
04-13-2014, 09:15 PM
You know I've started putting cinnamon on my cereal in the morning. It's like a little vacation before work!

Good for you.

Bob
04-13-2014, 09:28 PM
I accused someone of being racist because they hated Obama. Mistake on my part, either that or they are really good at using their hate for liberals to hide their racist intentions.

Is race the only thing you think about when you think of Obama?

I don't like his management one bit. Black or white, he is in the wrong job.

The Xl
04-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Don't feel too bad. I got de-VIPed twice and IP banned because I apparently could have been "leaking" info here or some dumb shit like that. No proof, of course.

Trin is a good person at heart, but one of those people that is terrible in a position of power. She doesn't know what she's doing. The queen of alienating people for no apparent reason.

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 09:44 PM
What?

What Davo is trying to say is one of the liberal mods from PH went over the edge and murdered his mother, IRL.

Matty
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Don't feel too bad. I got de-VIPed twice and IP banned because I apparently could have been "leaking" info here or some dumb shit like that. No proof, of course.

Trin is a good person at heart, but one of those people that is terrible in a position of power. She doesn't know what she's doing. The queen of alienating people for no apparent reason.

One can never disagree with her! Oh! And she has to tell you every day who is the boss!

The Xl
04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
One can never disagree with her! Oh! And she has to tell you every day who is the boss!

Lulz, she seems to have gone full retard in the time that I left.

Matty
04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
What Davo is trying to say is one of the liberal mods from PH went over the edge and murdered his mother, IRL.

I don't know why he even brought it up do you?

Davocrat
04-13-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't know why he even brought it up do you?

I brought it up because someone asked what had been going on.

This site seems fairly intelligent, though. Let's not bring the remedial nature of Trinnity's place over here.

Thanks! :-)

momsapplepie
04-13-2014, 10:04 PM
and let's not bring the lame excuses of the downfall of PH here either.

Matty
04-13-2014, 10:04 PM
I brought it up because someone asked what had been going on.

This site seems fairly intelligent, though. Let's not bring the remedial nature of Trinnity's place over here.

Thanks! :-)

i don't do bossy very well. Thanks :-)

Matty
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
and let's not bring the lame excuses of the downfall of PH here either.
He's got the typical trademark of a liberal! hypocrisy!

KC
04-13-2014, 10:11 PM

Exactly why I personally never felt comfortable at the politics forums. I registered there and stayed for only about a day or two.

GrassrootsConservative
04-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, fresh meat.

:hello:

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum, fresh meat.

:hello:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuWZWai3E5M

Ravi
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM

That wasn't a liberal. Or a mod, iirc.

Ravi
04-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Welcome! Please invite some of the females from PH, we need more women!

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 08:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9tOj40TKrs

nic34
04-14-2014, 08:53 AM

Do they have binders full of women? :grin:

Shoey
04-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Welcome Davocrat.

Apology accepted.

Carry on....

Davocrat
04-14-2014, 09:14 AM

That's one of the best parts of PH. Probably part of the liberal slant, too, which I have absolutely no problem with! Heh-heh...

countryboy
04-14-2014, 09:20 AM
That's one of the best parts of PH. Probably part of the liberal slant, too, which I have absolutely no problem with! Heh-heh...
It's too much of a dog-pile over there, with very few libs willing to have any kind of civil debate. It's mostly about dissemination of talking points.

Hey Davo, how you feeling? :)

momsapplepie
04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
That wasn't a liberal. Or a mod, iirc.

He was a moderator at the time of the incident and he was a liberal even though he claimed he was libertarian. Me thinks you do not know of what you speak.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Forum politics suck.

Some people just live to create it (cough... cough...)

Davocrat
04-14-2014, 10:46 AM
It's too much of a dog-pile over there, with very few libs willing to have any kind of civil debate. It's mostly about dissemination of talking points.

Oh, come on. That's what everyone says, liberal or conservative, about any forum from time to time. It ebbs and flows. I think you know that. I've participated at Conservative Underground, Liberal Underground, Neutral Underground, and every "somethingPoliticsforum.com" I've been invited to, and I can say it's cyclical. It was just late last year, when a bunch of liberals flounced and invited me to some site I can't even remember the name of.

Hey Davo, how you feeling? :)

I feel great! Thanks!

countryboy
04-14-2014, 11:18 AM
I feel great! Thanks!

That's awesome, glad to hear it. :)

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Lol. All that's left over there are bitter entitlement crones.
That includes the majority of their male membership, as well.

spunkloaf
04-14-2014, 12:12 PM
It!s the counterbalance to the libtards use of the word "repug" or "re thug" but you weren't going to mention that were you?

You know, I honestly have never known the use of such terms. No doubt they're out there, and the people using them are in the same class of idiots. I won't defend idiots, even liberal idiots. It's all the same to me. It's easy to assume things about people's character. I'm sorry I can't be so easily predictable for you.

Kalkin
04-14-2014, 12:16 PM
You know, I honestly have never known the use of such terms. No doubt they're out there, and the people using them are in the same class of idiots. I won't defend idiots, even liberal idiots. It's all the same to me. It's easy to assume things about people's character. I'm sorry I can't be so easily predictable for you.
They call you libtard and you call them idiot. Seems like a wash to me.

Matty
04-14-2014, 12:31 PM

Ka Pow!

countryboy
04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
More like, awash.....in bullshit. :rolleyes:

Does anyone actually believe Loaf has never heard the terms "repug", or, "rethug". Yeah, that's believable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: