PDA

View Full Version : NM judge arrested for rape agrees to retire

wingrider
07-27-2011, 05:50 AM
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — An Albuquerque judge accused of raping a woman will retire Friday and has agreed never to seek a judicial office in New Mexico under a disciplinary order issued Tuesday by the state Supreme Court.

District Judge Pat Murdoch was arrested last week on charges of rape and intimidation of a witness while serving as chief criminal judge in the 2nd Judicial District, which covers the Albuquerque area and is New Mexico's biggest district court system.

The agreement to retire was reached between Murdoch and the state Judicial Standards Commission, which had started a disciplinary investigation of Murdoch.

http://news.yahoo.com/nm-judge-arrested-rape-agrees-retire-202707817.html

balance of story at this site

what is up with our judicial system, if you or I were charged with a rape would we be able to take retirement instead?? I don't care if this woman was a prostitute or not , it is still a slap in the face of every American Citizen. He gets full retirement on the taxpayers dime and a slap on the wrist . How many men has this guy put in prison over the years for this very crime ? put this asshole in with the general population and let justice prevail.

Conley
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
That's horsecrap. Reminds me of the stuff we have going on in San Diego, ex city-workers convicted of corruption, embezzlement, etc. and they are still collecting their full pensions. No way should this guy get special treatment.