PDA

View Full Version : Do You Support Multiculturalism?

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 08:30 AM
The poll is a simple yes or no. Please explain why you do or do not support multiculturalism in the comments.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2014, 08:39 AM
What do you mean by 'multiculturalism'? Could mean a couple different things.

Matty
04-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Yes, I voted depends. On what does it depend?

MrJimmyDale
04-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Descriptively yes on a macro level..........

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 08:48 AM

Multiculturalism is diversity of cultures within a community. It comes in two major forms. The one I am asking about is the multicultural melting pot, wherein diversity of cultures exists within a community, and these cultures are blended together rather than standing on their own. This is where you get white hipsters celebrating Cinco de Mayo, and such.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Multiculturalism is diversity of cultures within a community. It comes in two major forms. The one I am asking about is the multicultural melting pot, wherein diversity of cultures exists within a community, and these cultures are blended together rather than standing on their own. This is where you get white hipsters celebrating Cinco de Mayo, and such.

Forced (or coerced) blending or natural blending? Or both?

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Forced (or coerced) blending or natural blending? Or both?

Both.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:03 AM

The ideology thereof.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't support anything that isn't organic. The diversity in the US is anything but and would not exist without force.

Chris
04-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Natural, organic, spontaneous, undesigned, voluntary diversity, sure; unnatural, inorganic, deliberate, designed, coerced, no. The latter, ironically, seems to want to level differences into conformity.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't support anything that isn't organic. The diversity in the US is anything but and would not exist without force.

This basically.

Forcing multiculturalism only creates resentment and other negativity. Giving people reasons to live well among each other (like having jobs, education, opportunities) will result in multicultural diversity in the long run I believe, but forcing it isn't the right way to go about it. It causes far more problems than solutions.

If people are happy, secure and thriving and are among like people (not racially either), then cultures will begin to blend.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Natural, organic, spontaneous, undesigned, voluntary diversity, sure; unnatural, inorganic, deliberate, designed, coerced, no. The latter, ironically, seems to want to level differences into conformity.

That's exactly what it does.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:15 AM
This basically.

Forcing multiculturalism only creates resentment and other negativity. Giving people reasons to live well among each other (like having jobs, education, opportunities) will result in multicultural diversity in the long run I believe, but forcing it isn't the right way to go about it. It causes far more problems than solutions.

If people are happy, secure and thriving and are among like people (not racially either), then cultures will begin to blend.

Suffice it to say that the American public had to be lied to change our immigration laws in the 1960s.

Refugee
04-29-2014, 09:17 AM

I know exactly what you mean. Its been an absolute disaster for the UK and Europe and it doesn't take much research to discover that. Multi culture is a social engineering experiment gone badly wrong and assumed that all cultures are equal and would therefore mix. The UK government has now disassociated itself with it but the damage is done. Over much of the UK, this is what happened and many cities now look like the third world.

7070 7071

sachem
04-29-2014, 09:18 AM
What do you mean by 'multiculturalism'? Could mean a couple different things.Yes. Please define what you mean by multiculturalism.

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Yes. Please define what you mean by multiculturalism.

I already did in response to Captain.

sachem
04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
OK. I see that you did define it.

Germanicus
04-29-2014, 09:40 AM
I support multiculturalism.

In my opinion different culture add to a society not detract. One of the biggest strengths of Australia is our multiculturalism. Without the different cultures Australia would be far more backward.

If you think about food having multiculture is a positive. Fashion/style. Ideas in general.

When one culture embraces all others it creates an open and positive society that is deeper than the first original/traditional/dominant culture.

edit- what I am against is en vogue minorities being given advantage. That does not mean that I am against multiculturalism.

Common Sense
04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
My city is perhaps the most multicultural in the world. It's a great place to live because of it.

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
My city is perhaps the most multicultural in the world. It's a great place to live because of it.

What city is that?

Common Sense
04-29-2014, 09:46 AM
What city is that?

Toronto.

nic34
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Multiculturalism is going to happen, it has to be opposed forcefully for it not to.

Green Arrow
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Toronto.

Ah, yes. I've heard that Canada is the most multicultural country in the world.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Multiculturalism is going to happen, it has to be opposed forcefully for it not to.

Which is why it didn't happen in the US until our elites changed our immigration laws to the chagrin of the American public. BTW, the same thing happened in Canada in the 1970s.

Mister D
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Ah, yes. I've heard that Canada is the most multicultural country in the world.

Now ask him to articulate exactly what is so good about it. :grin: