PDA

View Full Version : Italian Dishes

oceanloverOH
04-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I have quite a few recipes for Italian dishes in my recipe inventory. Italian food is filling and nutritious when prepared with a whole-grain or low-carb pasta. Here is a dish from an Italian restaurant in Germany from over 20 years ago.....we ordered it every time we went there. It took me a long time to duplicate; my recipe is pretty close to the original. Enjoy!

Tortellini and Ham Casserole

Prep/Sauté Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 15 min
Stand Time: 10 min
Total Time: 55 min

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 8 oz. package diced cooked ham (or 8 oz diced leftover baked ham)
1 small-medium chopped onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic (use a little more if you like garlic)
1 tsp crushed dried basil
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
6-8 oz. frozen peas
1 4.5 oz jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, with liquid (or use 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms)
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 or 2 packages fresh Buitoni tortellini (cheese, mushroom, sausage or shrimp stuffed)
1½-2 cups shredded cheese
Note: Parmesan, mozzarella, mild cheddar or even a mixture work equally well; I usually use a little of everything I have on hand

Preheat oven to 325º and spray 9X13X2 baking dish with PAM. In large saucepan, add oil, ham, onion, garlic and basil (and fresh mushrooms, if using). Sauté over medium heat until onion starts to turn transparent. Do not drain. Stir in soup, milk, pepper, peas, and jar of mushrooms. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook about 7 min or until peas are tender, stirring often. Cook tortellini in separate saucepan per package directions and drain. Add tortellini to sauce, mixing well. Pour mixture into baking dish and top generously with mixed shredded cheeses. Bake 15 min, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 min. Serves 4-5.

Cigar
04-30-2014, 01:00 PM
I was expecting Pictures of Delicious Women :laugh: