PDA

View Full Version : Happy Well Cared For Doggie

Matty
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM

The best little doggie in the world. He loves his papa. They have had a pee problem today! :)

Common Sense
04-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Soda...95lbs of awesomeness and stupidity.

Cute dog Matalese...

nathanbforrest45
05-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Holy shit. Don't let Kabuki Joe see those pictures. He will have them fighting each other.

Peter1469
05-01-2014, 03:00 PM
card?

Kabuki Joe
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Holy shit. Don't let Kabuki Joe see those pictures. He will have them fighting each other.

...don't be stupid Nathan, they aren't fighting dogs...

nathanbforrest45
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM
...don't be stupid Nathan, they aren't fighting dogs...

Any dog can be trained to fight. Maybe not to win or to last long but they can be trained to fight.

Dr. Who
05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't have a picture of my dog on this laptop, but this is a picture of a very similar looking dog of the same breed.

Kabuki Joe
05-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Any dog can be trained to fight. Maybe not to win or to last long but they can be trained to fight.

...either a dog has it in him or it doesn't, you can't train a german shepard to be a fighting dog anymore then train a labradoodle to heard sheep...

Matty
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I read a little about him as I have never heard of this breed. Like an Akita only much smaller. An obsession to clean itself like a cat. Very beautiful dog. What a coat.

nathanbforrest45
05-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I never said you could train all dogs to do anything. I said all dogs can be trained to fight. I have a Chihuahua who weighs all of 5 lbs. She will take on anything if she thought her territory was being invaded.

Training a Parson Jack Russell to go in the ring would be a waste of time because although it would fight to protect itself it probably wouldn't last very long.

Dr. Who
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I read a little about him as I have never heard of this breed. Like an Akita only much smaller. An obsession to clean itself like a cat. Very beautiful dog. What a coat.
You have to keep them in very cool conditions or they have to spend a lot of time outdoors for the coat to get that thick, but even in the summer they are still beautiful dogs. The Japanese traditionally used them for hunting small game. They are very fast and completely fearless with other animals. They are not the dog that gets bent out of shape when it sees another dog across the street when you are walking. They completely ignore other dogs unless they are loose and playing together. I had a female who had no problem standing up to large dogs that intruded on her person. She had so much attitude they always backed off. I have to keep my guy, Kuma, from killing raccoons. He doesn't appear much bigger than a raccoon - a little taller, and not as wide, but when he grabs one he tosses it in the air like a large ball. Grabs it and tosses it again. (They are built like Tonka trucks. They are very heavy for their size.) I think he is trying to teach them a lesson about trespassing, otherwise he would grab them by the throat. Unfortunately raccoons easily die of heart failure. So when I let him out when the raccoons are about, I make a lot of noise to scare them off. He's killed a bunch of squirrels too. He doesn't bark at them - he crouches and sneaks up on them. I don't always see them in the yard. He hates cats, especially every since he was on the receiving end of the switchblades. Shibas are known for the shiba scream - I can only describe it as something out of a Bruce Lee movie. The day he got slashed by a cat was the first time I heard the Shiba scream from him. The neighbors were shocked - he's usually very quiet. It was pretty blood curdling. The cat was completely freaked out, and had to be rescued - Kuma was going in for the kill. It's happened a couple of times since then. So far we have managed to save the neighborhood cats from certain death. No cats visit our yard when he is out or likely to be out.

Anyway, they also have a very high play drive, so we have a bunch of stuffed animals with squeakers and plenty of balls, and a supply of replacement squeakers. When I come home at night after work he greets me with airplane ears (ears down and sticking out on each side) a squeeky toy in his mouth and lots of exuberance. They are unique and funny, but not for everyone.