PDA

View Full Version : Bad Faith Posting

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Can we get some clarification on "bad faith posting"?

I think when someone attempts to derail threads with leftover personal junk from prior threads that is "bad faith posting".

What do you think?

I also think that bad faith posting is when someone calls people bitches and tells them to fuck off.

What do you think?

Also, when someone purposefully misconstrues your every post for the purpose of setting herself or himself up as a martyr of sorts, and then blames you for it that also might be bad faith posting?

What do you think?

Bad faith posting could also be harassing people until they respond and then using the response over and over and over again in a giant LOOK AT ME to be bad faith posting.

What do you think?

Lastly, isn't harassing moderators after they've already apologized like an idiot, I mean, nice person overkill? Are moderators no longer allowed to make mistakes?

I think its BS that one person gets to decide for the whole forum who is doing a good job and who isn't.

Even tho I think that the moderator in question let someone punch his buttons into threadbanning me just so he won't seem biased.

Anyway, I'm just wondering because I want to be more careful in the future lest I be threadbanned again for saying someone could be dyslexic after they read my thread backwards as dylsexics are prone to do.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:38 AM
exotix what do you think? Is it Dick Cheney's fault?

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Lastly,

this "bitch" is not controlled by any man. I am not a puppet. Someone doesn't "shut me up" because they have a penis and I know them. It doesn't make them "less of a man" if they cannot shut me up.

And anyone who feels that this is true should look at how successful they were at "shutting me up". Which is "not at all".

Use the report button next time.

Akula
05-16-2014, 10:48 AM

It's whatever the moderators feel like enforcing that day...and who is involved.

I think when someone attempts to derail threads with leftover personal junk from prior threads that is "bad faith posting".What do you think?

Got any examples illustrating your premise?

I also think that bad faith posting is when someone calls people bitches and tells them to fuck off.

What do you think?

Depends on the context..Some bitches do need to fuck off.

Also, when someone purposefully misconstrues your every post for the purpose of setting herself or himself up as a martyr of sorts, and then blames you for it that also might be bad faith posting?What do you think?

Got any examples to illustrate your premise?

Bad faith posting could also be harassing people until they respond and then using the response over and over and over again in a giant LOOK AT ME to be bad faith posting.

What do you think?

Some examples would be helpful.

Lastly, isn't harassing moderators after they've already apologized like an idiot, I mean, nice person overkill? Are moderators no longer allowed to make mistakes?

Got any examples to support your premise?

I think its BS that one person gets to decide for the whole forum who is doing a good job and who isn't.

Now THAT we agree on. I disagree with having a small, select squad of elites who are allowed to flaunt rules whenever they choose..and get away with it.

Even tho I think that the moderator in question let someone punch his buttons into threadbanning me just so he won't seem biased.

Oh..this isn't a general opinion?....you have specific people in mind that you are targeting?...Ohhhh...I get it now.. ;)
Who are you referring to, exactly? You started a thread but don't have a coherent purpose. What is your purpose?

Anyway, I'm just wondering because I want to be more careful in the future lest I be threadbanned again for saying someone could be dyslexic after they read my thread backwards as dylsexics are prone to do.

Are you qualified to diagnose dyslexia?......or were you agitating and being a smart ass to show off for your boyfriend?

LMAO..keep rattling the cage. V^^^V

Polecat
05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
There is no way to discuss politics without a fire breaking out. We can bring buckets of water to the fire or buckets of gasoline. Or just run like hell.

Akula
05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Lastly,

this "bitch" is not controlled by any man. I am not a puppet. Someone doesn't "shut me up" because they have a penis and I know them. It doesn't make them "less of a man" if they cannot shut me up.

And anyone who feels that this is true should look at how successful they were at "shutting me up". Which is "not at all".

you mad, bro? :)

Spectre
05-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I totally agree with you on every point, Alyosha, but in truth, I find it hard on any forum to care too much what some douchebag thinks or says about me. And believe me, given my abrasive personality, I've been on the receiving end of a LOT of hostility. I normally just use such occasions to have some fun with the douchebag in question. Just getting jaded, I guess.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Akula

this is for moderators to address posters. Your opinion is your opinion. Please stay out of the discussion. I'm asking for clarification from the moderation staff.

Thank you in advance.

nic34

I think when someone attempts to derail threads with leftover personal junk from prior threads that is "bad faith posting".

What do you think?

What do you think?

Also, when someone purposefully misconstrues your every post for the purpose of setting herself or himself up as a martyr of sorts, and then blames you for it that also might be bad faith posting?

What do you think?

What do you think?

The damn corporations did it... :kiss:

Alyosha
I totally agree with you on every point, Alyosha, but in truth, I find it hard on any forum to care too much what some douchebag thinks or says about me. And believe me, given my abrasive personality, I've been on the receiving end of a LOT of hostility. I normally just use such occasions to have some fun with the douchebag in question. Just getting jaded, I guess.

I just want some clarification on what is bad faith posting.

Bob
05-16-2014, 10:54 AM

What do you think?

What do you think?

What do you think?

What do you think?

I had no idea Alyosha you were thread banned.

I agree with your various points. Bad faith is all you say.

Conversation is always hard to direct in a particular direction. The OP's aims are not treated better than the respondents commentary is. If one will study the OP in any thread, find the last comment, it is entirely likely the last has nothing to do with the original OP. But this is normal.

Tests prove that if you line up 100 people and tell #2 a thing, by the time #100 repeats it, it is very different.

Some come to disrupt. But a disruption always happens.

Alyosha
The damn corporations did it... :kiss:

I didn't know "crazy" was incorporated now. Anyway, just looking for moderator clarification.

Akula
@Akula (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=402)

this is for moderators to address posters. Your opinion is your opinion. Please stay out of the discussion. I'm asking for clarification from the moderation staff.

Thank you in advance.

I couldn't care less what you think you're doing with this thread..you don't give me orders..I'm not your boyfriend.

Ethereal
Depends on the context..Some bitches do need to fuck off.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:55 AM
I had no idea @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) you were thread banned.

I agree with your various points. Bad faith is all you say.

Conversation is always hard to direct in a particular direction. The OP's aims are not treated better than the respondents commentary is. If one will study the OP in any thread, find the last comment, it is entirely likely the last has nothing to do with the original OP. But this is normal.

Tests prove that if you line up 100 people and tell #2 a thing, by the time #100 repeats it, it is very different.

Some come to disrupt. But a disruption always happens.

Why yes I was threadbanned by Codename Section so that he could be fair, aka placate another poster who is fighting Jesus for space on the cross.

So I want to better understand why I was threadbanned and the other poster allowed to post past that.

Akula
05-16-2014, 10:55 AM

Yes... I do.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:56 AM
I couldn't care less what you think you're doing with this thread..you don't give me orders..I'm not your boyfriend.

Feel free to read up on language and grammar so that in the future you are aware that asking someone politely with a "thanks" is not an "order"...just a suggestion, also not an "order".

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Why yes I was threadbanned by @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) so that he could be fair, aka placate another poster who is fighting Jesus for space on the cross.

So I want to better understand why I was threadbanned and the other poster allowed to post past that.

I think we can all agree that even moderators can make mistakes and that moderation policy and rules can often times be largely subjective. "Bad faith" is not an objective standard, and that's something the forum owner would have to address.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes... I do.

So let's see them.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Akula, remove your signature line or it will be removed for you. You have been informed several times that it is against the rules, yet you still keep it and try to justify it. Justify it all you want, you've been warned that it is in violation.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Ethereal, Alyosha, please don't respond to him.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 10:59 AM
I think we can all agree that even moderators can make mistakes and that moderation policy and rules can often times be largely subjective. "Bad faith" is not an objective standard, and that's something the forum owner would have to address.

Very true, hence why I put it in the appropriate forum for moderation staff to address. I think some posters are confused, however, and continue to try and address it for moderation.

Bob
05-16-2014, 10:59 AM
@exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516) what do you think? Is it Dick Cheney's fault?
Alyosha
Comment 1 says nothing that only moderators can reply
Comment just above belies your remark to the effect it is only about bad faith posting.

Bad faith is a sweeping topic. To me, bad faith can be one thing. Maybe such as me making remarks that you do not reply to. Bad faith would be the non response. But to you, it may only be you don't want to be bothered. So, in ways, bad faith is what the poster decides it is.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:00 AM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870), @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863), please don't respond to him.

I'm not. He's not a moderator and the question is for you. Green Arrow, what is "bad faith posting"? I've provided examples from which to frame a discussion.

If this is not the appropriate spot, please tell me. I placed it here only because others may also want to know.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Lastly,

You go, girl!

Ethereal
There is nothing the mods can do to explain when "bad faith" posting is occurring or not occurring as there is no objective criteria for "bad faith" posting to reference.

Green Arrow
Bad faith posting is a pattern of repeatedly agitating and harassing members and staff, a pattern of breaking rules, etc. Basically, a pattern of bad behavior. I will forevermore use Akula as an example of what that looks like.

Akula
05-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Why yes I was threadbanned by @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) so that he could be fair, aka placate another poster who is fighting Jesus for space on the cross.

Hey..if you get a response, I have some questions about someone being unfairly banned for a similar situation...maybe we could work together....lmao....

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm not. He's not a moderator and the question is for you. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868), what is "bad faith posting"? I've provided examples from which to frame a discussion.

If this is not the appropriate spot, please tell me. I placed it here only because others may also want to know.

Using the term "negro", calling people "boy", "son".

Couple of examples.

Akula
05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Akula, remove your signature line or it will be removed for you. You have been informed several times that it is against the rules, yet you still keep it and try to justify it. Justify it all you want, you've been warned that it is in violation.

It isn't in violation. It isn't a direct quote and it isn't attributed to an actual person.

Be careful.
We've already been through this.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:05 AM
There is nothing the mods can do to explain when "bad faith" posting is occurring or not occurring as there is no objective criteria for "bad faith" posting to reference.

I concur, good sir. Notice how two great minds think so similarly on this subject. It is a pity other former marines don't likewise feel the need to clarify bad faith posting prior to implementing TBs for it.

Bob

There arrives a point Alyosha, when those being rebuked, harden their views rather than comply with moderators. While I am sympathetic to the aims of a good forum, if one looks at the history, where you can read comments of the formerly banned, it can be either objective banning or subjective banning. I read the rules at one time yet I did not commit each point to memory. I try to make it enjoyable.

If my posts make others angry, my posts do me no good nor them.

Alyosha

Couple of examples.

"your bitch" "fuck off" ... yes they are two more.

Captain Obvious

Not really. Examples can be given but to a large degree yes, it requires good judgment to identify it.

And to be honest, that's not even an absolute statement. I'd gamble that in a large majority of the time posters who are posting in bad faith know exactly what they fuck they're doing - which is posting in bad faith.

You think Akula really believes the term "negro" is socially acceptable?

Yeah, right....

Akula
05-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Bad faith posting is a pattern of repeatedly agitating and harassing members and staff, a pattern of breaking rules, etc. Basically, a pattern of bad behavior. I will forevermore use Akula as an example of what that looks like.

exactly.."a continuously variable sliding scale depending on who is involved" is the definition you favor.....

Bob
05-16-2014, 11:07 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Ethereal http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=618688#post618688)

I concur, good sir. Notice how two great minds think so similarly on this subject. It is a pity other former marines don't likewise feel the need to clarify bad faith posting prior to implementing TBs for it.
Alyosha
You can make that 3 minds. Your OP in my view outlines a lot of truth.

Alyosha
It isn't in violation. It isn't a direct quote and it isn't attributed to an actual person.

Be careful.

Yes, Green Arrow do be careful! You shouldn't piss him off or you may have to deal with his wrath!

If this were D&D he would have a +27 mastery in whining. He could literally whine a gold dragon to death.

Captain Obvious
"your bitch" "fuck off" ... yes they are two more.

I think those are more direct violations to specific rules rather than bad faith, IMHO.

And, having said that - I think those terms get used occasionally and overlooked sometimes and that's not a bad thing. It's when they're over-used or the banter becomes hostile.

Akula
Feel free to read up on language and grammar so that in the future you are aware that asking someone politely with a "thanks" is not an "order"...just a suggestion, also not an "order".

take a hike. :)

Akula
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Yes, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) do be careful! You shouldn't piss him off or you may have to deal with his wrath!

If this were D&D he would have a +27 mastery in whining. He could literally whine a gold dragon to death.

Would this be considered an example of bad faith posting?..insulting someone by proxy while pretending to be discussing something else?..LMAO.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Well, I think we can all agree that being a moderator on an internet forum is not the most important responsibility to befall someone, so if they make some mistakes or enforce subjective rules in a somewhat inconsistent fashion, we ought not begrudge them the occasional misstep.

:smiley:

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I think those are more direct violations to specific rules rather than bad faith, IMHO.

And, having said that - I think those terms get used occasionally and overlooked sometimes and that's not a bad thing. It's when they're over-used or the banter becomes hostile.

Fuck off, Cap.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Fuck off, Cap.

Thank you ma'am, may I have another?

Cigar
05-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Fuck off, Cap.

Cap sure has a way with Women :laugh:

Alyosha
Well, I think we can all agree that being a moderator on an internet forum is not the most important responsibility to befall someone, so if they make some mistakes or enforce subjective rules in a somewhat inconsistent fashion, we ought not begrudge them the occasional misstep.

Yes, I quite agree. Try telling that to Our...Own...Personal...Forum...Jesus over there tho...

Alyosha
Thank you ma'am, may I have another?

Eat my shorts? :D

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Not really.

Yes, really.

Examples can be given but to a large degree yes, it requires good judgment to identify it.

Without specific and objective criteria to reference, it is nothing more than a subjective feeling, which you call "good judgment".

And to be honest, that's not even an absolute statement. I'd gamble that in a large majority of the time posters who are posting in bad faith know exactly what they fuck they're doing - which is posting in bad faith.

You think Akula really believes the term "negro" is socially acceptable?

Yeah, right....

What does "socially acceptable" have to do with "bad faith" posting?

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 11:11 AM

Be careful.

*shrug* Fine, keep it. It's your funeral.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Eat my shorts? :D

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/VDay5.jpg

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Would this be considered an example of bad faith posting?..insulting someone by proxy while pretending to be discussing something else?..LMAO.

I don't know. Hence the question posed. Tell you what? Why don't you go crying to the mods again?

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes, really.

Not really

Without specific and objective criteria to reference, it is nothing more than a subjective feeling, which you call "good judgment".

And they call me "Captain Obvious".

No shit, sherlock!

What does "socially acceptable" have to do with "bad faith" posting?

Whiny and still butthurt is no way to go through life, son. You need to get over it.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:14 AM
I think the best approach to moderation is largely hands-off. The market will sort itself out... :smiley:

Bob
05-16-2014, 11:15 AM
There is no way to discuss politics without a fire breaking out. We can bring buckets of water to the fire or buckets of gasoline. Or just run like hell.

If we are 100 percent honest, not just with others, but ourselves, a forum is a lousy way to change minds when it comes to politics.

Logic fails. Facts fail. Truth fails.

When have you persuaded a hard core left winger they simply are in error?

But then examine any of us for the same thing. When has a person on the left side persuaded me?

I believe since I have been on both sides of the left wing vs right wing the only question to be answered by me is why did I change. When I was on the left, was I lying? I believe I was just misinformed. I believe my education was lacking. I believe I lacked enough facts to support what I used to say.

Two things that contradict can't ever both be true. One truth excludes the other so called truth.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
I think the best approach to moderation is largely hands-off. The market will sort itself out... :smiley:

Thanks for the advice.

How about putting your money where you butthurt is and volunteer?

I'll even put in a good word for you.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:17 AM
And they call me "Captain Obvious".

No shit, sherlock!

So if you agree that "bad faith" posting is "nothing more than a subjective feeling", then why did you say "not really" when I said essentially said the same thing earlier? You're not making a lot of sense right now.

Whiny and still butthurt is no way to go through life, son. You need to get over it.

No idea what you're talking about, and using my "good judgment", I have determined this is an obvious example of "bad faith" posting, of which you are a serial offender. Can a moderator please clarify?

Bob
05-16-2014, 11:17 AM

This is why I post here. I will endure the lame, the stupid, the ignorant and misinformed just for the joy of a nugget or two.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:18 AM
You guys are interrupting my thread with your back and forth.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the advice.

How about putting your money where you butthurt is and volunteer?

I'll even put in a good word for you.

I'm not sure what you're getting at right now but you seem upset. Are you okay?

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
You guys are interrupting my thread with your back and forth.

Sorry mom...

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:23 AM
This is why I post here. I will endure the lame, the stupid, the ignorant and misinformed just for the joy of a nugget or two.

He's actually quite bright, that one.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:25 AM

This is where you lose credibility with me, the guy's a phony.

I think you guys in general (yeah, broad brush - sorry) are a little gullible and easily taken advantage of, or influenced.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Bob
05-16-2014, 11:28 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Alyosha http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=618684#post618684)
I'm not. He's not a moderator and the question is for you. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868), what is "bad faith posting"? I've provided examples from which to frame a discussion.

Couple of examples.

What????????????????????????????

Negro is not bad faith.

I am sick of the nummies who persist in trying to create havoc by pretending that particular term is bad.

Let me tell you who said Negro.
FDR
Truman
IKE
Martin Luther King
John Kennedy
Congress
Movies
Books

i am in good company.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:29 AM
What????????????????????????????

Negro is not bad faith.

I am sick of the nummies who persist in trying to create havoc by pretending that particular term is bad.

Let me tell you who said Negro.
FDR
Truman
IKE
Martin Luther King
John Kennedy
Congress
Movies
Books

i am in good company.

Now try someone in the current century.

"Nigger" was appropriate at one time also.

You're not trying hard enough.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Here is a good example of what I would consider "bad faith" posting:

http://troll.me/images/ronald-mcdonald-call/special-sauce-how-bout-i-just-jerk-off-on-it.jpg

This was the first response to a legitimate "latest happenings" thread started by Cigar. Now, I'm not sure how "good" my "judgment" is, but when you respond to a legitimate news story with a juvenile reference to semen in the form of a picture, that seems like an obvious example of "bad faith" posting. I don't know, maybe it's just me?

nic34
05-16-2014, 11:31 AM
i am in good company.

Yep, old and obsolete....

Bob
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=618734#post618734)

Well, maybe the IQ tests were correct after all.

But TY since I realize your comment means well.

Codename Section

I think you guys in general (yeah, broad brush - sorry) are a little gullible and easily taken advantage of, or influenced.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

She's "in love". He can also raise the dead and heal sick children. Unlike me. I'm only good for threadbans.

Bob
05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
cartoon left off by my reply back

This was the first response to a legitimate "latest happenings" thread started by Cigar. Now, I'm not sure how "good" my "judgment" is, but when you respond to a legitimate news story with a juvenile reference to semen in the form of a picture, that seems like an obvious example of "bad faith" posting. I don't know, maybe it's just me?

This I fully agree with.

Alyosha
Yep, old and obsolete....

He is 75. He lived before the change. I give him more breaks than the 40 somethings who use it like 6 year olds use spitballs.

Captain Obvious

LOL - still butthurt I see.

That's too bad, I kinda like you for the most part but it seems that all your "smarts" took up the space where the "get over it" part goes - lol!

That's too bad.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/markchonea58/Honea/DesertRat58/Butthurt.jpg

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:34 AM

So is calling me a "phony" an insult or "bad faith" posting? I'm starting to sense a "pattern" here. Can a moderator clarify?

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 11:34 AM

Pandora's Box is open.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
This I fully agree with.

You're a tool, you two fit nicely as a pair in the tool box.

KC
05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Captain Obvious

You are in violation of forum guidelines. PM for more information

Thread closed till further notice