PDA

View Full Version : Town's white police official calls Obama N-word

Mr. Mensch
05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
WOLFEBORO, N.H. (AP) — A police commissioner in a predominantly white New Hampshire town says he won't apologize for calling President Barack Obama the N-word, and he sat with his arms crossed while angry residents at a meeting called for his resignation on Thursday.

Wolfeboro Police Commissioner Robert Copeland, who's 82 and white, has acknowledged in an email to his fellow police commissioners he used the racial slur in describing Obama.
Town resident Jane O'Toole, who moved to Wolfeboro four months ago, said she overheard Copeland say the slur at a restaurant in March and wrote to the town manager about it. Copeland, in an email to her, acknowledged using the slur in referring to the president and said he will not apologize.
"I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse," Copeland said in the email to his fellow police commissioners, part of which he forwarded to O'Toole. "For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such."

http://news.yahoo.com/towns-white-police-official-calls-obama-n-word-204931723.html

Well what do you know? There are racists who aren't Southerners. This one is a Yankee.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I can't believe this would happen in the North. There are no racists up there, I've been told.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 03:47 PM
I can't believe this would happen in the North. There are no racists up there, I've been told.No... racists know no physical boundaries. They're just as ignorant in the north.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
WOLFEBORO, N.H. (AP) — A police commissioner in a predominantly white New Hampshire town says he won't apologize for calling President Barack Obama the N-word, and he sat with his arms crossed while angry residents at a meeting called for his resignation on Thursday.

Wolfeboro Police Commissioner Robert Copeland, who's 82 and white, has acknowledged in an email to his fellow police commissioners he used the racial slur in describing Obama.
Town resident Jane O'Toole, who moved to Wolfeboro four months ago, said she overheard Copeland say the slur at a restaurant in March and wrote to the town manager about it. Copeland, in an email to her, acknowledged using the slur in referring to the president and said he will not apologize.
"I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse," Copeland said in the email to his fellow police commissioners, part of which he forwarded to O'Toole. "For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such."

http://news.yahoo.com/towns-white-police-official-calls-obama-n-word-204931723.html

Well what do you know? There are racists who aren't Southerners. This one is a Yankee.I'm not sure that dude will have his job much longer, barking that out in a public restaurant. I hope he's canned.

Kalkin
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Meh. Free speech allows for unpopular opinions.

bajisima
05-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I can't believe this would happen in the North. There are no racists up there, I've been told.

lol come to Boston. You have never met any bigger racists.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2014/05/bostons_shame_racist_tweets_about_pk_subban_a_disg race.html
http://gawker.com/5946312/the-most-racist-city-in-america-boston

momsapplepie
05-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Political correctness is killing free speech.

del
05-16-2014, 05:04 PM

actions have consequences

it's part of that personal responsibility for one's self deal

bladimz
05-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Political correctness is killing free speech.Free speech is there. That doesn't mean there's not going to be consequences. Too many think that free speech means that you can say anything you want without repercussions.

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 05:45 PM

Well what do you know? There are racists who aren't Southerners. This one is a Yankee.

Something tells me this wouldn't be a story if a black guy said it.

*yawn*

Whatever. Don't care. But Obama is still a tool. As is the bulk of our line of succession.

Cigar
05-16-2014, 07:47 PM

God Dam Airplanes, Trains and Cars .... who cut Da-Hole in Da-Fence and in the Pickup Trucks :laugh:

Cigar
05-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Free speech is there. That doesn't mean there's not going to be consequences. Too many think that free speech means that you can say anything you want without repercussions.

I'd really be impress if he had the Balls to say that outside an All White Town :laugh:

Real Bad-Ass isn't he :wink:

Cigar
05-16-2014, 07:50 PM

He's Free to take his show on the Road ... you know ... where Ni**** Live :laugh:

del
05-16-2014, 07:52 PM
I'd really be impress if he had the Balls to say that outside an All White Town :laugh:

he'd have to leave nh

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 07:54 PM

I think you're mistaken if you think that white cops in New York or other multicultural areas refrain from using that word.

Mr. Mensch
05-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Something tells me this wouldn't be a story if a black guy said it.

*yawn*

Whatever. Don't care. But Obama is still a tool. As is the bulk of our line of succession.

Obama isn't black enough to rate being called the "N" word. He is just a plain old fashioned asshole.

Mr. Right
05-18-2014, 07:55 AM
Sometimes that word is used to describe sorry assed people of any color.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Not really....

Cigar
05-18-2014, 03:30 PM
:)

Cigar
05-18-2014, 03:31 PM

If someone called your Mother an N-Lover, would that bother you? :)

sachem
05-18-2014, 04:06 PM
actions have consequences

it's part of that personal responsibility for one's self dealExactly. No one stopped him from saying what he did. And he has to suffer the consequences, if any.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 05:09 PM
If someone called your Mother an N-Lover, would that bother you? :)

Is she? :wink:

peoshi
05-22-2014, 10:03 PM
If someone called your Mother an N-Lover, would that bother you? :)No...because then I would be half-black and could use that to be elected as president and do whatever I wanted regardless of my experience or the consequences...and tell anyone who didn't like it to go fuck themselves.

Maybe...I never attended a madrassa or a racist church, and have no friends that are domestic terrorist so I might not be vetted.:undecided:

Captain Obvious
05-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I lived in NH for a year or so, it's almost it's own country up there.

"Live free or die" - they mean it too.

Having said that, I don't think this shit is something worth losing a job over. That's bullshit.

The Wash
05-23-2014, 06:22 PM
I lived in NH for a year or so, it's almost it's own country up there.

"Live free or die" - they mean it too.

Having said that, I don't think this shit is something worth losing a job over. That's bullshit.

If he'll say that about the President in New England where just about everybody is a Democrat can you imagine what that dude is like to the few black people in that town?

Normally I'd say no, but he's a police officer and that's a different set of job criteria.

bajisima
05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
He has resigned.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140519/NEWS06/140519085

Newpublius
05-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Meh. Free speech allows for unpopular opinions.

That opinion is protected of course, he has a fundamental right to express his opinion, not a fundamental right to a government job and by displaying his racism it's completely foreseeable that he'd be unable to offer certain segments of the population the "equal protection" of the law.

Newpublius
05-23-2014, 09:33 PM
If he'll say that about the President in New England where just about everybody is a Democrat can you imagine what that dude is like to the few black people in that town?

Normally I'd say no, but he's a police officer and that's a different set of job criteria.

yes, and I looked it up, this town is very, very white http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfeboro,_New_Hampshire#Demographics

.07% black! but still people do pass through too.....

del
05-23-2014, 09:53 PM
yes, and I looked it up, this town is very, very white http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfeboro,_New_Hampshire#Demographics

.07% black! but still people do pass through too.....

the population increases probably fivefold in the summer, although it probably doesn't get a lot more diverse.

he held an elective position and had just been reelected, but he pissed off enough townspeople to make his position untenable.