PDA

View Full Version : Girl World, The Art of Polite Insults

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 08:48 AM
I was thinking of this as I read Miss Austen. In Man World, men call each other names. They punch each other. They show anger overtly and all the jabs are upfront.

In Woman/Girl World, it is an art form to insult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hslwEBy1lc

These two women hate each other, but they are able to walk around and communicate in subtle insults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=easb3acV3ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFDamruANw

You can make the argument that since we women are raised to be "polite" and "well mannered" we have learned a different sort of combat.

Now that boys are being raised to not fight, to not punch, to not tease I am wondering if in another 30 years we'll have men insulting each other in this way.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:12 AM
No

I was thinking of this as I read Miss Austen. In Man World, men call each other names. They punch each other. They show anger overtly and all the jabs are upfront.

These two women hate each other, but they are able to walk around and communicate in subtle insults

You can make the argument that since we women are raised to be "polite" and "well mannered" we have learned a different sort of combat.

Now that boys are being raised to not fight, to not punch, to not tease I am wondering if in another 30 years we'll have men insulting each other in this way.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Those harpies are tag teaming him and circling him in the background at the end of the second clip.

kilgram
05-18-2014, 09:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hslwEBy1lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=easb3acV3ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFDamruANw

Do you have a problem with the no-violence, no fight...?

Do you have any problem with more intelligent ways to sovle problems?

Alyosha
Well, the more you drive the natural inclination underground the more passive the approach to aggression.

You men could do worse than to insult like Miss Bingley and Miss Elizabeth.

Alyosha
Those harpies are tag teaming him and circling him in the background at the end of the second clip.

Yes, and for all Mr Darcy's intellect he is unaware. :)

Chris
I think we all do that already it's just that men are quicker t lose control.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Do you have a problem with the no-violence, no fight...?

Do you have any problem with more intelligent ways to sovle problems?

kilgram

not at all. I am making my argument for women being the superior in such matters.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:18 AM
I think we all do that already it's just that men are quicker t lose control.

So you agree that we women have mastered the art of "control"?

Thank you.

Peter1469
Yes, and for all Mr Darcy's intellect he is unaware. :)

I didn't get it when I watch the movie in the past. But then I wasn't really paying attention. I was only watching for, well, you know. :smiley:

Alyosha
Perianne

don't be shy. Comment? :D

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Thank you.

I have long said that if women could get along with each other they would have long ago taken control over society. :smiley:

Lucky for us men, you can't. :shocked:

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:19 AM
I didn't get it when I watch the movie in the past. But then I wasn't really paying attention. I was only watching for, well, you know. :smiley:

Ohhhhhh, Pete. I know what you're doing and you know what I'm doing. Fun, isn't it?

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Ohhhhhh, Pete. I know what you're doing and you know what I'm doing. Fun, isn't it?

At different points in time, oh sure. :smiley:

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:22 AM
I have long said that if women could get along with each other they would have long ago taken control over society. :smiley:

Lucky for us men, you can't. :shocked:

Oh but we have. We're the back room masters of the world. Look at every wealthy older man and you will see a wife and mistresses that have learned the art of feeding an aging and overinflated ego so that they may live as they choose in wealth, luxury and with a fleet of pool boys.

Chris
05-18-2014, 09:23 AM

Thank you.

Well, yes, it's part of the culture, as you were saying, women are raised that way.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:24 AM
At different points in time, oh sure. :smiley:

:)

Off topic, I think I must be feeling better today physically. I have a bit of my old edge going right now.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Well, yes, it's part of the culture, as you were saying, women are raised that way.

And as the antibullying programs kick in, I think you'll see men act similarly. I also think that men in careers like law, no offense to Pete, were probably more of the nerds in school and less "alpha" and therefore likewise learned to insult without being overtly insulting.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
:)

Off topic, I think I must be feeling better today physically. I have a bit of my old edge going right now.

That is good.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:27 AM
That is good.

Not trying to spoil the frisky mood with harsh reality, but that is good. I hope it lasts. It's too beautiful outside to be indoors this week.

Oh. Another OT. Get your Kings Dominion Seasons Pass so we can all go this summer.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 09:27 AM
And as the antibullying programs kick in, I think you'll see men act similarly. I also think that men in careers like law, no offense to Pete, were probably more of the nerds in school and less "alpha" and therefore likewise learned to insult without being overtly insulting.

I don't disagree about most guys who went into law.

del
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Well, the more you drive the natural inclination underground the more passive the approach to aggression.

You men could do worse than to insult like Miss Bingley and Miss Elizabeth.

bless your heart

Libhater
05-18-2014, 09:33 AM

Thank you.

Yes you have mastered the art of 'control', but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the control that those
trannies have on the set of Rupaul's drag queen TV show as being inferior.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:36 AM
bless your heart

What a quaint and lovely insult! I wish my tastes were less refined so that I might appreciate it more fully. :(

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes you have mastered the art of 'control', but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the control that those
trannies have on the set of Rupaul's drag queen TV show as being inferior.

Quite true.

Chris
05-18-2014, 09:39 AM

I don't know about that, I'm a computer geek.

del
05-18-2014, 09:40 AM
What a quaint and lovely insult! I wish my tastes were less refined so that I might appreciate it more fully. :(

your ability to appreciate it is just as full as it needs to be, and then some.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:41 AM
your ability to appreciate it is just as full as it needs to be, and then some.

I wish you were more observant so that we might discuss this matter further, because I would so dearly love to fully explicate this vast topic!

Perianne
05-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Alyosha, I only watched part of the first clip you provided. Sorry. I have extreme difficulty with the British accent. Most people love the accent. I find it toiling. Something in my brain does not compute, lol.

I have found that the best way to insult another woman is to subtly imply that she is not your equal in class or taste, therefore leaving her to either accept the insult or to prove the validity of your insult by trying to defend herself. If done properly, it is a devastating blow to her, one from which she cannot rescue herself without appearing weak, angry, or embittered. The other women know what has happened and feel no pity towards her.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:48 AM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863), I only watched part of the first clip you provided. Sorry. I have extreme difficulty with the British accent. Most people love the accent. I find it toiling. Something in my brain does not compute, lol.

I have found that the best way to insult another woman is to subtly imply that she is not your equal in class or taste, therefore leaving her to either accept the insult or to prove the validity of your insult by trying to defend herself. If done properly, it is a devastating blow to her, one from which she cannot rescue herself without appearing weak, angry, or embittered. The other women know what has happened and feel no pity towards her.

The old classic: I wouldn't wear that, but it looks great on you!

del
05-18-2014, 09:52 AM
I wish you were more observant so that we might discuss this matter further, because I would so dearly love to fully explicate this vast topic!

alas, we'll have to wait until your perceptions are more closely aligned with reality

i so look forward to that!

Chris
05-18-2014, 09:53 AM

Whereas a man knows to say, oh, yes, dear, that looks lovely on you.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 09:53 AM

lol. I like it. Making such comments about her outfit is a classic. There is hardly an appropriate comeback on her part and she has to accept that she has been bettered. Yes, I am a bitch sometimes.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 09:55 AM
alas, we'll have to wait until your perceptions are more closely aligned with reality

i so look forward to that!

That is a good attempt at feminine wit. In fact, I do sense some femininity in you del that hopefully will manifest itself more aptly as you grow in your peevishness over this trouncing I am bestowing.

Well done for a "male". Well done.

del
05-18-2014, 09:57 AM
That is a good attempt at feminine wit. In fact, I do sense some femininity in you del that hopefully will manifest itself more aptly as you grow in your peevishness over this trouncing I am bestowing.

Well done for a "male". Well done.

bless your heart, i was just this minute thinking the very same thing

about you

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:02 AM
bless your heart, i was just this minute thinking the very same thing

about you

Better. However, if I may critique for a moment?

It would have been wittier, if you'd left off at your first sentence and let the "you" be implied. That would have been masterful.

Oh well, too bad for I, too bad for us all. I was hoping to have some good players enter the game, but I suppose you'll do. Play on.

Matty
05-18-2014, 10:05 AM
"Did you get your hair cut?" "Do you

like it?"

Boom.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:06 AM

like it?"

Boom.

Well, as long as you like him that's all that matters!

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Alyosha, what might be a fun game is if we girls started an insult thread to each other, showing the guys how it is done without namecalling, profanity, and the like. I am about to go to sleep as I have worked all night. Think about it.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:08 AM

like it?"

Boom.
Matalese, did you ever pick up on my subtle insults to our "friend" on the other site?

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:08 AM

like it?"

Boom.

Oh.... I like this. lol

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:09 AM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863), what might be a fun game is if we girls started an insult thread to each other, showing the guys how it is done without namecalling, profanity, and the like. I am about to go to sleep as I have worked all night. Think about it.

That's a good idea! "del" and I have already started. Feel free to jump in anytime.

Adelaide
05-18-2014, 10:09 AM
I work with all women who are mostly my mother's age. Most of them tell it like it is - they don't go the 'Mean Girls' route but they will let you know if they have a problem with you or your work. The younger girls seem to lack the confidence to do that, so they do the minor insults you have to decipher. Of course, exceptions to both, but that is generally how it breaks down. Me, personally, I am quiet and polite to everyone but if I have a problem I don't beat around the bush. The problem is those women with less/no confidence who take criticism as bullying and try to report you for telling them to do their damn job. Outside of work, my group of close friends are very honest. If we don't like something we just say it - we would rather know than pretend all is fine.

Germanicus
05-18-2014, 10:13 AM
If I say that Peter thinks like a Greek person I am trying to insult him. I dont have to punch him. ( Not that I hate Peter. but he is kind of a fag (: )

I think men are pretty good at insults.

Chinese people are great at insults.

I think it is getting harder to insult people because people has less and less dignity. People do not even understand when they are being insulted. So what is the point of being clever? Or trying.

Its much easier to insult people in Asia than the west.

Jane Austen is a realist.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Adelaide, I am guilty of the "mean girls" tricks, but only to those who need a little humility. As anyone here who knows me even fairly well, I am NOT going to argue with anyone about much of anything. Sometimes I get tired of hearing another woman's mouth and I shut her up.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:15 AM
I work with all women who are mostly my mother's age. Most of them tell it like it is - they don't go the 'Mean Girls' route but they will let you know if they have a problem with you or your work. The younger girls seem to lack the confidence to do that, so they do the minor insults you have to decipher. Of course, exceptions to both, but that is generally how it breaks down. Me, personally, I am quiet and polite to everyone but if I have a problem I don't beat around the bush. The problem is those women with less/no confidence who take criticism as bullying and try to report you for telling them to do their damn job. Outside of work, my group of close friends are very honest. If we don't like something we just say it - we would rather know than pretend all is fine.
Adelaide

do you feel that this is perhaps a cultural issue? Canada is many ways is ahead of the US in a shift to more "progressive" (lack of a better word) thinking.

I was still raised to always be polite where "polite" means not speaking my exact mind. As you can tell from my "posting" habits I'm far more direct (although these old customs have their appeal). This is why I have a lot of issues with words like "civility" and "polite" because in many ways I feel it is less than honest. Political correctness, for example, to me is a false mode of speaking. You may not be inclined to use a particular word or phrase over the other, but you are told by society that this word subset is the "polite" and socially appropriate choices of words to use.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:17 AM
If I say that Peter thinks like a Greek person I am trying to insult him. I dont have to punch him. ( Not that I hate Peter. but he is kind of a fag (: )

Both men and women are good at insults. I would say that women are nastier and more cruel to each other than are men.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM

Chinese people are great at insults.

I think it is getting harder to insult people because people has less and less dignity. People do not even understand when they are being insulted. So what is the point of being clever? Or trying.

Its much easier to insult people in Asia than the west.

Jane Austen is a realist.

I don't think Chinese are all that great. Peeg-oo--dong (old rotten egg rolling down a hill) or fam-pee (farty person) aren't that witty of an insult, IMO.

Matty
05-18-2014, 10:23 AM
@Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796), did you ever pick up on my subtle insults to our "friend" on the other site?

No, I, haven't point me to one of them. I've been sick with my seasonal sinusitis shit and am distracted.

Adelaide
@Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473)

do you feel that this is perhaps a cultural issue? Canada is many ways is ahead of the US in a shift to more "progressive" (lack of a better word) thinking.

I was still raised to always be polite where "polite" means not speaking my exact mind. As you can tell from my "posting" habits I'm far more direct (although these old customs have their appeal). This is why I have a lot of issues with words like "civility" and "polite" because in many ways I feel it is less than honest. Political correctness, for example, to me is a false mode of speaking. You may not be inclined to use a particular word or phrase over the other, but you are told by society that this word subset is the "polite" and socially appropriate choices of words to use.

Well, we're stereotypically known for being more polite in Canada. I've observed through my travels that it's actually generally true although I'm not altogether sure why. A lot more, "May I," and "please" and "thank you" and "your welcome" in public and privately. But I think we're really no different when it comes to dealing with conflict with each other and how we might handle it. I guess we may be more polite in bringing up issues and more patient in waiting to bring them up, but really I think the attitudes are the same. The person on the receiving end gets defensive, and the person on the giving end can go too far or beat around that damn bush too much.

Something I find grating, are the people who say "Do this, please and thank you." A demand with some polite words thrown in. "Jump off a cliff, please and thank you." It's a pet peeve.

Alyosha
Both men and women are good at insults. I would say that women are nastier and more cruel to each other than are men.

And men can be crueler to women than they can be to each other. This is a sociology class in the works.

momsapplepie
05-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Ah, What I call being Catty. To the earlier remarks, yes, "class" is quite the tool when it comes to women and insults. I've always found the response "Please do not include me in your class", to be quite sufficient in deterring some.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Well, we're stereotypically known for being more polite in Canada. I've observed through my travels that it's actually generally true although I'm not altogether sure why. A lot more, "May I," and "please" and "thank you" and "your welcome" in public and privately. But I think we're really no different when it comes to dealing with conflict with each other and how we might handle it. I guess we may be more polite in bringing up issues and more patient in waiting to bring them up, but really I think the attitudes are the same. The person on the receiving end gets defensive, and the person on the giving end can go too far or beat around that damn bush too much.

Something I find grating, are the people who say "Do this, please and thank you." A demand with some polite words thrown in. "Jump off a cliff, please and thank you." It's a pet peeve.

Yes the "fuck you and have a nice day". Wastes a lot of words, that. Culturally speaking, I think Germans are the rudest. This is, mostly, because I have a problem with people who cut in line. For a country that gave the world Nazi's I'm not sure how they fell into such chaos in that regard.

The most polite country, IMO, is Canada, but the most "friendly" country is, again my opinion, Italy. When they greet you it is so sincere and touchy and personal. People will invite strangers into their homes to eat.

Russia is the least friendly country I have lived in or been to. That could be why I'm the way I am.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:27 AM
No, I, haven't point me to one of them. I've been sick with my seasonal sinusitis shit and am distracted.

I meant before we all left the other site. SHE picked up on them and it constantly keep the fires burning.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 10:30 AM
And men can be crueler to women than they can be to each other. This is a sociology class in the works.

I still think women can be the cruelest. How many times have you heard a woman criticize a man for being less manly than she would want him to be? That has to be a cruel blow to a man's ego.

momsapplepie
05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
That's not a woman, that's a shrew.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:33 AM
I still think women can be the cruelest. How many times have you heard a woman criticize a man for being less manly than she would want him to be? That has to be a cruel blow to a man's ego.

As many times as men have called women sluts and fat sluts. :)

I am, however, guilty of implying someone's manhood was not up to par. I'm hideously mean sometimes.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:34 AM
That's not a woman, that's a shrew.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :D

Matty
I meant before we all left the other site. SHE picked up on them and it constantly keep the fires burning.
All I remember was. ...... .. ........ That drove her mad.

Matty
All I remember was. ...... .. ........ That drove her mad.
It made me pee.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Actually IMPress Polly and I got into the world's biggest fights on other forums. Usually when women do that they can't be friends after like men can. I think maybe we're changing now because I am able to get along with women I have had adversarial relationships with before.

Perianne and I are good. Polly and I are good.

Maybe I am maturing?

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 11:00 AM
It is funny to watch chicks do that to each other.

Perianne
05-18-2014, 11:02 AM
It is funny to watch chicks do that to each other.

It's not funny to the "chick" on the receiving end of it.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 11:03 AM
The worst is when women indicate an interest in your guy in front of you but you can't say or do anything about it because then your guy thinks you're nuts because he doesn't see it.

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 11:06 AM

I would do a similar thing with officer evaluation reports for poor performers: "Performs simple tasks flawlessly."

Perianne
05-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I have told this before, but maybe not on here.

One of the worst insults I have ever had was from a man. I was starting an IV on this patient, and he says to me "I'll bet you were really something in your day".

I will never forget that.

Chloe
05-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
It's not funny to the "chick" on the receiving end of it.

I did say do to each other.

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 11:35 AM

Chloe

thanks!

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 11:37 AM
I have told this before, but maybe not on here.

One of the worst insults I have ever had was from a man. I was starting an IV on this patient, and he says to me "I'll bet you were really something in your day".

I will never forget that.

Worst insult I ever got from a man was "God killed your husband because you're such a bitch". Guess what? That was on this forum.

So this place ranks!

Perianne
05-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Worst insult I ever got from a man was "God killed your husband because you're such a bitch". Guess what? That was on this forum.

So this place ranks!

Yes, that is much worse than mine. Is that person still a member here?

Alyosha
05-18-2014, 11:45 AM
That's not so important. It was a lesson to me about openness and showing my one, missing scale.

Smaug is very terrible other than that missing scale, don't you know?

Peter1469
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes, that is much worse than mine. Is that person still a member here? no

del
05-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Better. However, if I may critique for a moment?

It would have been wittier, if you'd left off at your first sentence and let the "you" be implied. That would have been masterful.

Oh well, too bad for I, too bad for us all. I was hoping to have some good players enter the game, but I suppose you'll do. Play on.

i would have left it off if only i'd realized you were so perceptive!

i shan't make the same mistake again

Dr. Who
05-18-2014, 10:32 PM
@Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473)

I think that in direct dealings with people there is more latitude, however in the written word, absent body language and facial expression and vocal tone, both civility and politeness avoid giving unnecessary offense. This is particularly true of emails and other electronic media. An abruptly worded email or post on a message board sounds very harsh and can be taken the wrong way by the reader.

Cthulhu
05-27-2014, 04:39 PM
This thread makes me grateful to be a male.

Indeed, clever insults are just as effective as a simple blow to the forehead, and in some ways more satisfying. But the satisfaction delivered is different.

The problem with with speaking daggers to one another is that the memory is lodged quite well.

Shakespear's Much Ado About Nothing-

"She speaks poniards, and every word stabs: if her breath were as terrible as her terminations, there were no living near her; she would infect to the north star."

-Benedict

People remember being butthurt. A blow to the forehead heals and people can eventually forgive and forget, but a blow to the ego is something people rarely let go. I think this is why women's worst enemy can be their peers and themselves.

It is always fun to be on the giving end, not so much the receiving end unless you're opponent is a social and mental equal. If the balance is unequal, it is akin to torture.

In the company of dragons, one must grow scales, terrible claws, and breath fire. Or be mauled and incinerated.

Perianne
05-27-2014, 04:58 PM
The problem with with speaking daggers to one another is that the memory is lodged quite well.

Yes, so she will remember not to mess with the one who got the better of her. Works quite well.

People remember being butthurt. A blow to the forehead heals and people can eventually forgive and forget, but a blow to the ego is something people rarely let go. I think this is why women's worst enemy can be their peers and themselves.

It is always fun to be on the giving end, not so much the receiving end unless you're opponent is a social and mental equal. If the balance is unequal, it is akin to torture.

You speak as if she were innocent. She always brings it on herself by her smack talk. She simply mixed it up with the wrong woman.

Same in the man world. Just a different method of achieving the same goal.

Cthulhu
05-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes, so she will remember not to mess with the one who got the better of her. Works quite well.

You speak as if she were innocent. She always brings it on herself by her smack talk. She simply mixed it up with the wrong woman.

Same in the man world. Just a different method of achieving the same goal.

Not so. Men can often be friends after a knuckle based conversation. They just have to figure out the pecking order is all.

Never seen this "fight it out and drink over it later" phenomenon in women. All the women I've known just build up angst. And then they explode later.

Perianne
05-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Never seen this "fight it out and drink over it later" phenomenon in women. All the women I've known just build up angst. And then they explode later.

Yes, I have done that, too.

Captain Obvious
05-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Not so. Men can often be friends after a knuckle based conversation. They just have to figure out the pecking order is all.

If you have kids you know they're especially like that. Boys will beat the shit out of each other and an hour later they're playing something.

Girls will hold grudges forever.

Perianne
05-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Girls will hold grudges forever.

Alyosha and I are friends now.

Dark Mistress
05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Biggest girl problem-we REMEMBER things! I still remember hurtful things my mother said to me as a kid. I remember when she slapped me in the face that ONE time. I remember what my husband commits to do most days. Trouble is, he doesn't. HA!

Words can sting those who feel much. Girls tend to feel a lot and then some. Men have the emotional capacity of a teaspoon. Okay, I know not all men are alike, but women feel a lot. That's why women need women friends. Most men just don't have the ability to understand.

I will say this though, no one that I know can pass a subtle insult better than my Daddy. And since he is a man, it doesn't bother him to hurt another's feelings. Win-win.

Perianne
05-27-2014, 11:12 PM
That's why women need women friends. Most men just don't have the ability to understand.

And men want to fix it for you. I don't need you to fix it, I just want you to understand why I feel this way.

Dark Mistress
05-27-2014, 11:14 PM
And men want to fix it for you. I don't need you to fix it, I just want you to understand why I feel this way.

Bahaha I always tell Cthulhu. "Stop trying to fix my problems I just need someone to listen to me!!!" That's why everyone needs a sister-I have 3.

Codename Section
05-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Alyosha and I are friends now.

She's got a big of guy in her. Wow. I'm immature. The second I typed that I laughed. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
05-28-2014, 07:49 AM
I don't understand why the "art of polite insults" is a girl thing - it's not.

It's called wit, anyone can use it, it's not gender specific.

Polite insulting, wit is truly an art. I see it here sometimes and use it often myself although it sails over the heads of most of the monkeys on this forum and those who do actually get it I don't really want to insult anyway. So it's almost a lost art in this sense.

Green Arrow
05-28-2014, 08:08 AM
I've found that as I get older, I'm becoming less of the more feminine person I was growing up. My time living on the streets kinda toughened me up a bit.

Refugee
05-28-2014, 08:14 AM
I've found that as I get older, I'm becoming less of the more feminine person I was growing up. My time living on the streets kinda toughened me up a bit.

Wait till you get married, start a family, work yourself stupid to pay for it all and pay taxes. Now that's tough! :smiley:

Green Arrow
05-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Wait till you get married, start a family, work yourself stupid to pay for it all and pay taxes. Now that's tough! :smiley:

Been there, done that, all except starting a family, but we'll get to that. No rush.