PDA

View Full Version : Christian School Shooting in Oakland California......

MMC
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A gunman opened fire Monday at a small Christian university in California, killing at least seven people, wounding three more and setting off an intense, chaotic manhunt that ended with his capture at a nearby shopping center, authorities said.

Tashi Wangchuk, whose wife attended the school and witnessed the shooting, said he was told by police that the gunman first shot a woman at the front desk, then continued shooting randomly in classrooms.

Those connected to the school, including the founder and several students, described the gunman as a former nursing student, though there were conflicting reports about his current status.

Officer Johnna Watson said the suspect is an Asian male in his 40s and was taken into custody at a shopping center.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-7-dead-3-hurt-christian-school-shooting-214742437.html
Associated Press – 1 hr 10 mins ago<<<<< More Here!

Oikos University......know anything about this CL? They said he was a former Student. I only have one question. Wheres Al and Jesse?

Peter1469
04-02-2012, 09:12 PM
The shooter was Korean. So don't expect too much MSM coverage.

Conley
04-02-2012, 09:24 PM
No, I've never heard of that school and I've been in the Bay Area plenty of times. Just saw the headline - terrible stuff.

spunkloaf
04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
The shooter was Korean. So don't expect too much MSM coverage.

Thanks for being the first to point that out in your non-racist attempt to make sure we're all aware of the nationality of the shooter.

MMC
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Went right after the women first. Think that may mean anything?

Conley
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I believe the Virginia Tech shooter was a Korean-American as well. There was quite a bit of coverage for that story.

spunkloaf
04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the victims' families, the students of the school, and for all America.

Don't hold me to the praying part. I don't pray, so if God allows this issue to escalate somehow, you can blame me.

MMC
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the victims' families, the students of the school, and for all America.

Don't hold me to the praying part. I don't pray, so if God allows this issue to escalate somehow, you can blame me.

What do you think about him targeting the women first Spunk? As he could have shot other students first.

spunkloaf
04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
What do you think about him targeting the women first Spunk? As he could have shot other students first.

I think it's unfortunate. Furthermore, I think it would be easy for people to speculate on numerous kinds of non-existent meanings or purposes in it.

Personally I think it's fucking aliens.

MMC
04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I think it's unfortunate. Furthermore, I think it would be easy for people to speculate on numerous kinds of non-existent meanings or purposes in it.

Personally I think it's fucking aliens.

:laugh: HE wasnt illegal now was he? :tongue:

spunkloaf
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
:laugh: HE wasnt illegal now was he? :tongue:

As soon as I submitted that post I saw how I left myself open for that. :rollseyes: Can't put one past you, can I?

MMC
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
As soon as I submitted that post I saw how I left myself open for that. :rollseyes: Can't put one past you, can I?

As long as I got a laugh or a smile out ya Spunk.....then I did my job.:wink:

RollingWave
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
most Korean-immigrants are pretty legit, afterall the cost / risk / difficulty of sneaking to the US from the other side of the world is sliiiiiightly higher .

Still, Koreans at least around in east asia is generally seens as rather..... fierce folks to put it mildly.

Conley
04-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Yep I've been good friends with a couple of Korean guys. You definitely wanted them on your side in a fight.