PDA

View Full Version : Snowden says he has proof he tried to go up the appropriate channels first

Codename Section
05-31-2014, 06:39 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/edward-snowden-interview/snowden-strikes-back-nsa-emails-nbc-news-n118821

Snowden fired back, saying:
“Today's release is incomplete, and does not include my correspondence with the Signals Intelligence Directorate's Office of Compliance, which believed that a classified executive order could take precedence over an act of Congress, contradicting what was just published. It also did not include concerns about how indefensible collection activities - such as breaking into the back-haul communications of major U.S. Internet companies -- are sometimes concealed under E.O. 12333 to avoid Congressional reporting requirements and regulations.

“If the White House is interested in the whole truth, rather than the NSA's clearly tailored and incomplete leak today for a political advantage, it will require the NSA to ask my former colleagues, management, and the senior leadership team about whether I, at any time, raised concerns about the NSA's improper and at times unconstitutional surveillance activities. It will not take long to receive an answer.

And he has emails to prove it. This is going to get good.

Alyosha
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeh, I read that. I knew, knew he was waiting for them to hang themselves in lies.

Bob
05-31-2014, 10:02 PM
It is looking worse and worse for Obama. But his minions continue to dig a rut into a grave.

Dark Mistress
06-01-2014, 12:30 AM
And the plot thickens...da da daaaa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBd7dloQI6E

Cthulhu
06-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I suppose Snowden will furnish emails that have been digitally signed and nigh impossible to forge with modern cryptography.

I love it when technology works for the good guys.

I'm off to a happy place.:azn:

Spectre
06-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Google probably gleans more info from you than the NSA. Why do you care if they look at a bunch of phone numbers and collate them or not, looking for patterns?

If they did something actually illegal and it comes out, I'm sure it will be corrected.

Why the fits of the shuddery grues over this among certain camo-wearing survivalist agin duh gummint types?

This doesn't seem to rise to the occasion for that, at least not so far.

Peter1469
06-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Google probably gleans more info from you than the NSA. Why do you care if they look at a bunch of phone numbers and collate them or not, looking for patterns?

If they did something actually illegal and it comes out, I'm sure it will be corrected.

Why the fits of the shuddery grues over this among certain camo-wearing survivalist agin duh gummint types?

Do you think that is all the government did? And if you bothered to view the recent interview with Snowden you would have seen that the government collects so much data it makes it even harder for them to connect the dots. If you saw the video you would know that the government had all the info it needed to prevent 9-11; it just didn't connect the dots. And now we add tons more information and still can't connect the dots.

Work smart, not stupid.

Green Arrow
06-01-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm on Team Snowden. Imma make t-shirts and everything.

Codename Section
06-01-2014, 06:17 AM

They already admitted they did something illegal. Do you not watch the hearings? Rand even busted the NSA guy in a lie.

He told them they were as you can see, they ignored him, so he did what he had to do, and then people like you shit talk him for it, but praise cops when they do it.

Tell me, when people make a citizen's arrest should they go to jail? Are we not all citizens? When you see a wrong its' your duty to fix it, not a crime.