Conley
07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
This is a good flick...never heard of it. It's a Western..watching it on AMC

Anyone else seen it?

Mister D
07-30-2011, 05:39 PM
This is a good flick...never heard of it. It's a Western..watching it on AMC

Anyone else seen it?

I like westerns especially the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. I think I've heard of this but never saw it.

MMC
07-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah I saw that it was going to be on.....I like some Westerns but not all. I went with the Chiller Channel instead. Nothing good was on.

I like Eastwood Westerns when they first came out. I did watch Pale Rider and the Remake of Forgiven. Him, Freeman and Hackman kicked ass in that movie. Now the Duke. Thats a different story. Eldorado, Rio Bravo, and anything Civil War like.

Conley
07-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I love the Eastwood ones. Ashamed to admit I have yet to watch Josey Wales.

What makes a Western "spaghetti" ?

MMC
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
You Should check out the Spaghetti Western Comedy......they Call Me Trinity. The Guy that stars in that movie was awesome. He did another film like it too with that big italian guy that stars in there as the Bambino. They are suppose to be brothers in the one movie. Trinity is like Eastwood and Steve McQueen all roled into one. In the one movie is like Eastwood the man with no Name.

Trinity fast draw slap scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8TpzioY6k#ws)

Ahh never mind here is one of the scenes.....These movies were great. Look up the one where he is dealing cards shuffling with them and doing all his tricks with one hand.

MMC
07-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Slap!!!.3GP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoXkG-nS2mg#)

This one is better and from the other movie..... >:D lol

MMC
07-30-2011, 07:18 PM
THEY CALL ME TRINITY TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkZQ5iXSMs8#ws)

:o :D ;D

MMC
07-30-2011, 07:22 PM
TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAxSGO8F90#ws)

:D :D ;D

Got to take a break CL.....be back later. Althought I can leave myself signed in.....nah the ole lady will jump on anyways.

Conley
07-30-2011, 07:36 PM
So it turns out Seraphim Falls is a bad movie.

First half was great, second half it just fell apart and the didn't know how to end it.

I'll check out those videos MMC

Conley
07-30-2011, 07:39 PM
TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAxSGO8F90#ws)

:D :D ;D

Got to take a break CL.....be back later. Althought I can leave myself signed in.....nah the ole lady will jump on anyways.

Hey why not let the OL hop on here and entertain us with some stories about ya ;D >:D

Conley
07-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Best part of the movie was this sweet knife:

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/magnum-alcaraz-knives04/magnum-alcaraz-knives04.jpg

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/knives-swords/magnum-alcaraz-knives04.asp?product=cuchillo-MAGNUM-26

Mister D
07-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah I love the Eastwood ones. Ashamed to admit I have yet to watch Josey Wales.

What makes a Western "spaghetti" ?

They directed by an Italian named Sergio Leoni, I believe? I'm not sure if Josey Wales was but The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, A Fist Full of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More were. Many of the actors were Italians as well. Hence Spaghetti westerns... ;D

Conley
07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Ah! Thanks...those are definitely worth checking out. I watch a lot of streaming netflix these days, cheaper and better than paying for cable.

MMC
07-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Ah! Thanks...those are definitely worth checking out. I watch a lot of streaming netflix these days, cheaper and better than paying for cable.

I have arrived my brutha.....paint job done. Did you check out these trailers CL.....these are considered spaghetti. They are considered such because their directors were EYETALION. >:D

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:01 PM

I have arrived my brutha.....paint job done. Did you check out these trailers CL.....these are considered spaghetti. They are considered such because their directors were EYETALION. >:D

Good work bro! Yes, I am checkin the trailers out now. Eyetalians making Westerns, what's next? Still to the Mob Flicks >:D They are running a bunch on AMC this week :)

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
:D That Trinity fella is slaphappy

MMC
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
:D That Trinity fella is slaphappy

Yeah I wanted to use that one on the Acid Rain at Ph.....but the owner asked me to not drop it on her............................yet! >:D ;)

They are hilarious.....Terrance Stamp is a trip. Course the first time I watched ever watched them I was stoned as hell and laughed so hard my sides were hurting the next day. Hope D can catch them too.

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Acid Rain :D

I thought you quit that poofest >:D

MMC
07-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Acid Rain :D

I thought you quit that poofest >:D

I still go in....usually when no one is here. >:D

Told all, Lava eats Acid!

Mister D
07-31-2011, 02:43 PM

They are all great movies. I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen them.

Conley
07-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes, my love of Westerns is a pretty recent revelation. I'll get around to watching them, no doubt.

Mister D
07-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes, my love of Westerns is a pretty recent revelation. I'll get around to watching them, no doubt.

Eastwood is great in those films and they are really well written The imagery is great too. One of these weekends get yourself some beers and watch a couple of those. They are pretty long though.

Conley
07-31-2011, 05:12 PM
No doubt. We actually have a nice BluRay set up with surround sound, so I have stopped watching old movies to enjoy newer ones that take advantage of the technology. 3:10 to Yuma was great in that regard.

In general I think movies today aren't as good as they used to be.

Speaking of Eastwood, I thought Grand Torino was excellent -- have you seen it?

MMC
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
No doubt. We actually have a nice BluRay set up with surround sound, so I have stopped watching old movies to enjoy newer ones that take advantage of the technology. 3:10 to Yuma was great in that regard.

I am the opposite on that thought CL.....I think movies Today are better. Wherein before one could not have the full benefits of seeing what product was like with all the stunts and actions movies today. The visual effects today impact ones brain moreso than they would when Television was first starting out. :)

Conley
08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Special effects no doubt. I am talking more in terms of the writing, stories, and acting. Who are the good young actors today? I can't think of many at all. Maybe Christian Bale? He was great in the Mechanic, American Psycho, and the Batman Movies...some would likely disagree with me on that. Perhaps acting is just one of those crafts where it takes years to really master. Now I sound like that pretentious ass James Lipton :D

Mister D
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM

I have not seen Gran Torino but you are not the first person to mention it to me. I've heard it's very good and somewhat up my alley.