PDA

View Full Version : Good cops alert, this one made me tear up

Codename Section
06-04-2014, 07:35 AM
http://9gag.tv/p/a5dPwq/when-love-becomes-an-instinct-alzheimer-melvyn-doris?ref=fbl9

These three black cops helped an old white man with Alzheimer's buy his wife flowers. He actually had a memory and wouldn't stop walking to the store because he was afraid he would lose that memory of her, so they helped him instead of throwing him to the ground, handcuffing him, and taking him to the hospital.

As I watched it I did wonder if white cops would do the same for a black guy. I hope so.

zelmo1234
06-04-2014, 07:39 AM
See this si why we must be careful to judge every office individually! And not but the actions of the assholes

Codename Section
06-04-2014, 07:43 AM
See this si why we must be careful to judge every office individually! And not but the actions of the assholes

Yes and no. I don't automatically think every pitbull is evil and should be put down. On the other hand I don't want one in my home. Trends deserve profiling and profiling is a basic human safety quality.

If someone has a gun and power over me, I'm going to be wary first and pleasantly surprised after. These were some good cops and I'll give credit where that is due.

zelmo1234
06-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Yes and no. I don't automatically think every pitbull is evil and should be put down. On the other hand I don't want one in my home. Trends deserve profiling and profiling is a basic human safety quality.

If someone has a gun and power over me, I'm going to be wary first and pleasantly surprised after. These were some good cops and I'll give credit where that is due.

I think that there are more good than bad, it is just the bad get so much publicity.

And in no way am I advocating to let your guard down. We had a cop in our county that was trying to get people on gun charges because he did not believe in concealed carry. took us a while but he is gone now!

But I see people flip police off just because they are the police. and don't show any respect. I still wave to every officer and first responder out of respect! I have few problems and when I do, there are others that will listen and correct the situation

Codename Section
06-04-2014, 08:11 AM
I think that there are more good than bad, it is just the bad get so much publicity.

I think when I was a kid this was true, maybe. I don't think its true now. Power corrupts and having that type of authority goes to people's heads. Especially when they deal with scumbags they start thinking everyone is a scumbag and that the end justifies the means.

This guy here? http://livefreelivenatural.com/washington-man-beaten-death-police-multiple-witnesses-say-intentional-murder/

mentally ill, calls for help and the "helpers" beat him to death with the neighbors saying to stop and recording the hole thing. I think this happened as much before but since people didn't always have a video recorder on them you couldn't prove it.

Perianne
06-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I think that there are more good than bad...

I think when I was a kid this was true, maybe. I don't think its true now.

Do ya really think most cops are bad?

Codename Section
06-04-2014, 08:18 AM

Bad or bullies? I think most cops are bullies and I have guys from my old platoon who are cops now. Every dick I know in high school joined the police force or the military.

It is a personality type that chooses these occupations. Non aggressive people don't decide to be a police officer and they don't join the military.

I speak from experience.

When you tack on protocols for lethal force that are LESS strict than we had in a war zone among Al Qaeda you're headed for trouble. A friend of mine when to interview and they actually told him in his interview that it wasn't like Iraq he may have to shoot people in the back. He walked out.

lynn
06-04-2014, 10:13 AM
I think when I was a kid this was true, maybe. I don't think its true now. Power corrupts and having that type of authority goes to people's heads. Especially when they deal with scumbags they start thinking everyone is a scumbag and that the end justifies the means.

This guy here? http://livefreelivenatural.com/washington-man-beaten-death-police-multiple-witnesses-say-intentional-murder/

mentally ill, calls for help and the "helpers" beat him to death with the neighbors saying to stop and recording the hole thing. I think this happened as much before but since people didn't always have a video recorder on them you couldn't prove it.

I feel the same as you do when you say when you were a kid, most police officers were good. Over the years it has become the opposite and their oath has somehow changed from to serve and protect its citizens to serve and protect themselves. I am more afraid of police officers then I am of actual criminals these days.

Cthulhu
06-04-2014, 01:25 PM

I don't think most cops are bad. I think most cops are ignorant and unwilling to change. Most cops will blindly follow orders as well.

Good cops are uncommon at best. Ignorant cops are abundant. Bad cops are on the rise.

Ignorant and bad cops? If they don't scale back their evil and their ignorance, the karma will be unstoppable.