PDA

View Full Version : She let him remove her panties and 45 days later cried rape

Bob
06-12-2014, 12:05 PM
This is on the left's agenda. George Will penned an article published June 7, 2014 that has the left calling for Will to lose his job. I will give you the link so you can read his entire article.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/07/colleges-mad-with-political-correctness-over-campus-rapes/ (http://nypost.com/2014/06/07/colleges-mad-with-political-correctness-over-campus-rapes/)

Apparently freedom of speech only applies when the left speaks.

"Consider the supposed campus epidemic of rape, aka “sexual assault.” Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped…And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.”Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.Now the Obama administration is riding to the rescue of “sexual assault” victims. It vows to excavate equities from the ambiguities of the hookup culture, this cocktail of hormones, alcohol and the faux sophistication of today’s prolonged adolescence of especially privileged young adults.The administration’s crucial and contradictory statistics are validated the usual way, by official repetition; Joe Biden has been heard from. The statistics are: One in five women is sexually assaulted while in college, and only 12% of assaults are reported. Simple arithmetic demonstrates that if the 12% reporting rate is correct, the 20% assault rate is preposterous.Mark Perry of the American Enterprise Institute notes, for example, that in the four years 2009-12 there were 98 reported sexual assaults at Ohio State. That would be 12% of 817 total out of a female student population of approximately 28,000, for a sexual assault rate of about 2.9% — too high but nowhere near 20%.Department of Education lawyers disregard pesky arithmetic and elementary due process. Threatening to withdraw federal funding, DOE mandates adoption of a minimal “preponderance of the evidence” standard when adjudicating sexual assault charges between males and the female “survivors” — note the language of prejudgment.Combine this with capacious definitions of sexual assault that can include not only forcible sexual penetration but also nonconsensual touching. Then add the doctrine that the consent of a female who has been drinking might not protect a male from being found guilty of rape. Then comes costly litigation against institutions that have denied due process to males they accuse of what society considers serious felonies."

Common Sense
06-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Freedom of speech means you can say what you want. People are also then free to react to what you've said.

When he said "victim hood is a coveted status" he lost his fucking mind. I think his toupee is cutting off circulation.

Codename Section
06-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Freedom of speech means you can say what you want. People are also then free to react to what you've said.

When he said "victim hood is a coveted status" he lost his fucking mind. I think his toupee is cutting off circulation.

Dude, you need to live in the US there is competing victims here. Just watch this forum for awhile.

Bob
06-12-2014, 12:32 PM
It is clear to me that to Common Sense, the left can do no wrong, nor Republicans do any right things.

Common Sense
Dude, you need to live in the US there is competing victims here. Just watch this forum for awhile.

Yeah, but for being raped? Even if it's true for a small percentage, the vast majority of rape and sexual assault victims are done a huge disservice by insinuating that they "covet" their situation.

Bob
Did Common sense read the entire article or just shoot from the lip?

Common Sense
06-12-2014, 12:34 PM
It is clear to me that to Common Sense, the left can do no wrong, nor Republicans do any right things.

That's a bit of a simplification. I stated why I thought he was full of shit.

The left can and does do plenty wrong. They spend too much, are overly PC etc etc...

What happens here is that I'm confronted with some pretty far right shit that pushes me to counter it. That makes me appear far more left than I actually am.

Common Sense
06-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Did Common sense read the entire article or just shoot from the lip?

I had already read his article and several other responses to it. Hip...it's hip. Don't break yours.

Codename Section
06-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but for being raped? Even if it's true for a small percentage, the vast majority of rape and sexual assault victims are done a huge disservice by insinuating that they "covet" their situation.

In general in the US people embrace victimhood, and that is a top down created phenomena (sp). Groups vie for status of who has it worse and it's just odd as a mostly white dude to look at it and think why are you embracing this, don't you want to be proud and strong?

I have to sometimes watch television that I find ... stupid. I saw a talk show where gays and transsexuals were arguing about the word "tranny" and if its ok to use it as a drag queen and they started basically calling each other names and playing the "who as it worse" game.

I felt like pimp slapping everyone on the television and saying "snap out of it".

That girl was not raped. She should have said "FUCK NO" and got out of bed. Victims are people that say "no" and resist. Now, it doesn't stop him from being a dumb asshole, but considering the women that are thrown to the ground, struggling against a captor are also classified as "raped" I think its just wanting to feel a part of that anger. She's angry at herself that she got into bed, she's angry at herself for not saying no and getting up, she's angry at herself for letting it happen and going back to sleep, and that anger turned outward instead.

Bob
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Common Sense rushed in to change the topic. Damn, that dude is fast.

Read the whole article by Will.

He uses actual figures. The left has this issue as part of their agenda. They act as if they care about girls in college but don't prove it when dealing with abortion.

Common Sense
06-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Common Sense rushed in to change the topic. Damn, that dude is fast.

Read the whole article by Will.

He uses actual figures. The left has this issue as part of their agenda. They act as if they care about girls in college but don't prove it when dealing with abortion.

How did I change the topic?

Abortion? Now who's changing the topic?

Bob
06-12-2014, 01:23 PM
That's a bit of a simplification. I stated why I thought he was full of shit.

The left can and does do plenty wrong. They spend too much, are overly PC etc etc...

What happens here is that I'm confronted with some pretty far right shit that pushes me to counter it. That makes me appear far more left than I actually am.

Put in a nutshell

What exactly to you think Will did that you find fault with?

Common Sense
06-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Put in a nutshell

What exactly to you think Will did that you find fault with?

Trivializing sexual assault. Insulting victims by saying they covet their victim hood.

Gotta run to a meeting...I'll catch up later.

sachem
06-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Bob, freedom of speech only applies when the government does the censoring. Or tries to.

George had his say. People can respond anyway they like. Legally, of course.

I used to read George regularly back when he wrote for Newsweek. I always enjoyed his stuff about baseball and when he wrote about his son with Down's Syndrome.

Guerilla
06-12-2014, 03:24 PM
I'll say she was probably taken advantage of. And that's wrong, too many guys try to take advantage of women or know they can with some innocent girl, so they do it. Someone should beat the shit out of guys who take advantage of weak women that way, but it wasn't rape. She's just mad at herself for not trying harder and just letting it happen.

1751_Texan
06-12-2014, 03:29 PM

So the boy was a Republican and the girl was a Democrat?

Cthulhu
06-13-2014, 03:59 PM
This is on the left's agenda. George Will penned an article published June 7, 2014 that has the left calling for Will to lose his job. I will give you the link so you can read his entire article.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/07/colleges-mad-with-political-correctness-over-campus-rapes/ (http://nypost.com/2014/06/07/colleges-mad-with-political-correctness-over-campus-rapes/)

Apparently freedom of speech only applies when the left speaks.

"Consider the supposed campus epidemic of rape, aka “sexual assault.” Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped…And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.”Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.Now the Obama administration is riding to the rescue of “sexual assault” victims. It vows to excavate equities from the ambiguities of the hookup culture, this cocktail of hormones, alcohol and the faux sophistication of today’s prolonged adolescence of especially privileged young adults.The administration’s crucial and contradictory statistics are validated the usual way, by official repetition; Joe Biden has been heard from. The statistics are: One in five women is sexually assaulted while in college, and only 12% of assaults are reported. Simple arithmetic demonstrates that if the 12% reporting rate is correct, the 20% assault rate is preposterous.Mark Perry of the American Enterprise Institute notes, for example, that in the four years 2009-12 there were 98 reported sexual assaults at Ohio State. That would be 12% of 817 total out of a female student population of approximately 28,000, for a sexual assault rate of about 2.9% — too high but nowhere near 20%.Department of Education lawyers disregard pesky arithmetic and elementary due process. Threatening to withdraw federal funding, DOE mandates adoption of a minimal “preponderance of the evidence” standard when adjudicating sexual assault charges between males and the female “survivors” — note the language of prejudgment.Combine this with capacious definitions of sexual assault that can include not only forcible sexual penetration but also nonconsensual touching. Then add the doctrine that the consent of a female who has been drinking might not protect a male from being found guilty of rape. Then comes costly litigation against institutions that have denied due process to males they accuse of what society considers serious felonies."

Only important part in the entire paragraph. The other important part is the utter lack of injuries or signs of struggle. Granted, the guy was a tool. But who lets someone take off their underwear and 'let's them finish'?

People who have actually been forced, with injuries, threats to loved ones, or with drugs, should slap this girl back into reality. Or buy her a plane ticket to South Africa. She'll learn the difference right quick.

sachem
06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Women make false claims of rape. It sucks, but it is true. Does this absolve all the real rapists. No. Do women need to have "injuries" to be considered raped? No. And often women are advised not to fight back.

Cthulhu
06-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Women make false claims of rape. It sucks, but it is true. Does this absolve all the real rapists. No. Do women need to have "injuries" to be considered raped? No. And often women are advised not to fight back.

This is terrible advice might I add.

sachem
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
This is terrible advice might I add.Not if it keeps you alive. But I'm not an expert.

Redrose
06-13-2014, 04:30 PM
I have several friends, I don't lie down in bed with any of them. How stupid. If you climb in bed with anyone, not including a spouse or lover, you are exposing yourself (no pun intended) to a sexual encounter. By getting in bed with him, in her jammies, she gave implied consent. Jerks like her hurt real rape cases.

Adelaide
06-13-2014, 08:31 PM
This is terrible advice might I add.

I think it depends on the situation. But yeah, at a certain point the advice turns from "run/get help/kick him in the nuts" to "don't resist and/or tell him who you are". Saying shit like you have siblings, parents, what you do... personalize it. I've heard that given as advice before. Instead of just being an object it's supposed to make him think you're a person and possibly stop him from seriously harming you (killing you, basically).

You don't need injuries to have been raped. Not everyone who is raped has that experience.

I can absolutely believe the statistics organizations like RAINN provide. I'm sure there are some false reports but when I think about my group of friends there are many who were sexually assaulted to varying degrees and no one except me went to police at any point. Very few even went to the hospital. And it's not like we sit around talking about it while we braid each other's hair. We know who each other are largely because, for example, we went to a bar once and when a guy tried to grind up on someone, they freaked the hell out and were drunk enough to spill the beans. That's, in my experience, how girl friends end up telling each other if they do at all (best/close friends being the exception).

Cthulhu
06-14-2014, 08:08 AM
If I keep talking in here, I'm going to strike some nerves. So I will bow out.

Codename Section
06-14-2014, 08:16 AM
I can be politically incorrect and insensitive, but why is someone letting someone she used to have sex with sleep in her same bed? Why didn't she roll his ass out of bed when he "undressed her", why did she say "oh well" and let him have sex.

These are all bad choices. Nowhere did I hear "I was scared" "I was frightened he'd hurt me"...

I am all about casual sex if two people willingly choose to do it. It's evolution, but I respect that other people want it to be special and some want to get married first. I also respect that not even someone who has sex all the time has to have sex every time.

We need to take ownership of our own actions. I was hanging out with a girl from the marines who I always thought was gay. At a certain point I could tell she was making those motions like sitting closer to me on the couch, drinking, touching my leg and I really wasn't trying to have sex so when it got late and she told me I could stay over I just went home.

In the past, I would have done like the girl above and just had sex and gone home to shut the person up and then been resentful later. Wouldn't have called it rape tho.

Adelaide
06-14-2014, 01:04 PM
If I keep talking in here, I'm going to strike some nerves. So I will bow out.

I don't think that's the case.