PDA

View Full Version : Best Chicken Places

The Wash
06-14-2014, 10:31 AM
I am a stereotype when it comes to fried chicken. Aint no shame in liking fried chicken.

Here are The Wash's favorite chicken places in America

Popeyes
Bojangles
Church's
Chik-Fil-A
Buffalo Wild Wings
Cluck U

Matty
06-14-2014, 10:40 AM
I tell ya what. It's hard to beat the fried chicken and hot wings that our local Publix puts out. It's to die for good.

popeyes is good too.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 10:43 AM
I am a stereotype when it comes to fried chicken. Aint no shame in liking fried chicken.

Popeyes
Bojangles
Church's
Chik-Fil-A
Buffalo Wild Wings
Cluck U

These are all chains, dude. Get yourself some home cooked chicken. Get some wholesome birds and fry 'em up.

Chris
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Next to home cooked, Bill Miller BBQ Chicken. Mmmm-mmmm. Rudy's BBQ Chicken is good too.

The Wash
06-14-2014, 10:47 AM
These are all chains, dude. Get yourself some home cooked chicken. Get some wholesome birds and fry 'em up.

Don't think I can't cook some fried chicken now. I just don't like the clean up.

GrassrootsConservative
06-14-2014, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM

KC
06-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Wingstop>B dubs

Ethereal
06-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I like fried chicken, but I don't think I have a favorite fried chicken place. I do like Buffalo Wild Wings, though. I always go with the boneless wings with blazing sauce on them.

countryboy
06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
I like fried chicken, but I don't think I have a favorite fried chicken place. I do like Buffalo Wild Wings, though. I always go with the boneless wings with blazing sauce on them.
There ain't no such thing as "boneless wings". Those are chicken strips. :wink:

:D

countryboy
06-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Popeyes
Bojangles
Church's
Chik-Fil-A
Buffalo Wild Wings
Cluck U

That's cool, I'm a stereotype when it comes to tamales. :D

I loves me some Popeye's.

There's a local market on my way home that has some of the best fried chicken around. Great pizza too.

PolWatch
06-14-2014, 12:54 PM
There is no store-bought chicken that matches good ole fashioned southern fried...soak that bird in buttermilk, drain, flour & fry. If ya don't want a mess, get a splatter screen for the skillet (gotta be a cast-iron skillet).

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I just got a bunch of wings and thighs from a local farmers market. Gonna have to do something with the wings today.

Bob
06-14-2014, 01:15 PM
I just got a bunch of wings and thighs from a local farmers market. Gonna have to do something with the wings today.
Peter1469

Didn't you say a day or two ago that you eat vegetarian?

Mister D
06-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Don't think I can't cook some fried chicken now. I just don't like the clean up.

Don't you live with a few other dudes? You fry the chicken. They clean up. :wink:

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I said that when I eat out, I eat vegetarian if I don't know that their meat sources are quality.

@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)

Didn't you say a day or two ago that you eat vegetarian?

The Wash
06-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Don't you live with a few other dudes? You fry the chicken. They clean up. :wink:

The second I do anything for those dudes suddenly its back to slavery times and Old Wash is expected to do everything after that.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 01:58 PM
lol

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:03 PM
The second I do anything for those dudes suddenly its back to slavery times and Old Wash is expected to do everything after that.

If you cooked, but they cleaned up, I say you got the better end of the deal.

The Wash
06-14-2014, 02:07 PM
If you cooked, but they cleaned up, I say you got the better end of the deal.

They won't clean up shit. Those dudes are animals. Oh they'll lie and say they will to get me to make some chicken, but at the end of the day it'll be me doing all the cleaning.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:25 PM
They won't clean up shit. Those dudes are animals. Oh they'll lie and say they will to get me to make some chicken, but at the end of the day it'll be me doing all the cleaning.

Sounds like life when I lived with my brother. For like 6 months. Then I left him with the lease.

The Wash
06-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Sounds like life when I lived with my brother. For like 6 months. Then I left him with the lease.

This is why The Wash found himself a new place of his own and Code's building his fortress away from these cats.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:45 PM
This is why The Wash found himself a new place of his own and Code's building his fortress away from these cats.

How is that coming. I should probably go supervise or something.

The Wash
06-14-2014, 02:47 PM
How is that coming. I should probably go supervise or something.

He's got his foundation down, working the deck now last I heard.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:50 PM
I keep hearing about that deck....

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Oh, I love home fried chicken! I have only ever eaten at one place on your list and never heard of the others. Never had anything like the home made even though everyone around here raves about wingers-never really been a big fan myself. I like a homemade wing sauce of butter and Louisiana hot sauce. If we ever make it your way I will make some for all AND clean up :smiley:

Ethereal
06-14-2014, 02:56 PM
There ain't no such thing as "boneless wings". Those are chicken strips. :wink:

:D

That's true. Still pretty good though... :cool2:

I can't even eat them unless they are blazin' or one below blazin'. Anything else is just too mild. I need some zing!

Ethereal
06-14-2014, 02:57 PM
That's cool, I'm a stereotype when it comes to tamales. :D

I loves me some Popeye's.

There's a local market on my way home that has some of the best fried chicken around. Great pizza too.

There ain't no such thing as "great pizza" in Ohio.

:wink:

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 02:57 PM

I am pretty snobby but I can't stand wings or thighs. I struggle with the bone in chicken. I do tenders and breasts. Wings have too much stuff on 'em I just don't eat.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
That's true. Still pretty good though... :cool2:

I can't even eat them unless they are blazin' or one below blazin'. Anything else is just too mild. I need some zing!

I like hot too. But I went to this one joint here in NOVA, and ordered 10 of their hottest (warning in the menu) and I don't think that I could eat more than five. They were insane hot.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 03:02 PM
I can't do heat very well since I had kids. Spicy would give me the worst heartburn for days while pregnant and irritate my babies. I love it, but can't handle like I used ta could.

That's right, used ta could. My favorite phrase that drives the grammar nazi Cthulhu nuts.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh, I love home fried chicken! I have only ever eaten at one place on your list and never heard of the others. Never had anything like the home made even though everyone around here raves about wingers-never really been a big fan myself. I like a homemade wing sauce of butter and Louisiana hot sauce. If we ever make it your way I will make some for all AND clean up :smiley:

Aside from being a mom and wife few things makes me happier than cooking for others. :sunny:

Ethereal
06-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I can't do heat very well since I had kids. Spicy would give me the worst heartburn for days while pregnant and irritate my babies. I love it, but can't handle like I used ta could.

That's right, used ta could. My favorite phrase that drives the grammar nazi @Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872) nuts.

Just reacclimate your palate and digestive system through incremental exposure. Don't give up on the spice!

The Wash
06-14-2014, 03:08 PM
I like to cook but when you live with animals it's not so much fun. Nothing's made me happier than knowing they're all overseas and won't be back for a few days. I can eat what I want, clean and not have it get messed right back up. It's a beautiful thing.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Just reacclimate your palate and digestive system through incremental exposure. Don't give up on the spice!

I won't :smiley:. I miss it. And since Cthulhu and I are on a nutrition plan I need more flavor in my food.

One of favorite all seasonings is Tajin. Not spicy, but made from dehydrated lime juice pieces and chilies and salt. Made in Mejico. Particularly good in soups. I keep travel size in my purse for when I am elsewhere and need a little Tajin on my meal.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 03:16 PM
I like to cook but when you live with animals it's not so much fun. Nothing's made me happier than knowing they're all overseas and won't be back for a few days. I can eat what I want, clean and not have it get messed right back up. It's a beautiful thing.

I feel ya The Wash
Cthulhu took ours fishing and I am enjoying a clean house.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 03:34 PM

That is my issue with room mates. Never again.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Bummer. I would extract promises of clean-up prior to any cooking. Anyone who welshes on those promises has no honor.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 03:52 PM
I am pretty snobby but I can't stand wings or thighs. I struggle with the bone in chicken. I do tenders and breasts. Wings have too much stuff on 'em I just don't eat.
Too bad. I think that the wings are the best part of the chicken. The meat is just right. Not too dry and not too full of ligaments.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 03:53 PM
I got some great spices from the Spice Market in Istanbul. None are hot, just different flavors. I just don't remember what any of them are. They were put in clear plastic with no labels. Next time I go, I will make sure to mark them with the food they go with.

I won't :smiley:. I miss it. And since Cthulhu and I are on a nutrition plan I need more flavor in my food.

One of favorite all seasonings is Tajin. Not spicy, but made from dehydrated lime juice pieces and chilies and salt. Made in Mejico. Particularly good in soups. I keep travel size in my purse for when I am elsewhere and need a little Tajin on my meal.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Too bad. I think that the wings are the best part of the chicken. The meat is just right. Not too dry and not too full of ligaments.

I am a thigh man myself.

The Wash
06-14-2014, 03:55 PM
I shouldn't say they don't clean. They'd clean up but it would be a half-assed job. Code, in addition to his spider phobia, is germ-phobic so I can count on him to get surface area clean. We have another house mate who's clean, too, but it's in spurts. I'll wake up on a Saturday and the whole house will be clean because he got in a mood.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I use to keep my place clean like a drill sergeant was coming to inspect. When I got married, my wife didn't clean much (unless we were going to have guests over). So I got pissed at cleaning on my own and realized that I didn't marry a maid. So I hired a maid. I am stuck on that now.

I shouldn't say they don't clean. They'd clean up but it would be a half-assed job. Code, in addition to his spider phobia, is germ-phobic so I can count on him to get surface area clean. We have another house mate who's clean, too, but it's in spurts. I'll wake up on a Saturday and the whole house will be clean because he got in a mood.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 04:08 PM
I am a thigh man myself.
I like them stewed - it gets rid of all the fatty bits. Stewed white meat sucks.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 04:22 PM
I like them stewed - it gets rid of all the fatty bits. Stewed white meat sucks.

I bake them. I love the fat.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 04:26 PM
The bone in chicken should be falling out, otherwise the chicken isn't properly cooked! If I get any chicken meat that doesn't come off the bone cleanly, I am upset. Wings can be made in a variety of ways, many which don't include sauces. I will sometimes use lemon juice and Greek spices, or just a dry rub to make a tasty wing. Plus they can be baked in the oven rather quickly. You maximize the flavor if you marinate first. Unfortunately, they are so popular that they are rather pricey given the meat to bone ratio.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I bake them. I love the fat.
You don't find the texture of chicken fat unpleasant? I find it too soft and kind of "oozey" when encountered in quantity.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 04:34 PM
You don't find the texture of chicken fat unpleasant? I find it too soft and kind of "oozey" when encountered in quantity.

Well with the typical industrial farm raised chicken yes. It is disgusting. And the meat isn't much better.

I only eat free range. Much more flavor and texture.

Codename Section
06-14-2014, 04:37 PM
The wings are the best part. When I used to go to Cajuns in high school I'd get the three wings and a biscuit.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Fat must be crispy.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 04:39 PM
The bone in chicken should be falling out, otherwise the chicken isn't properly cooked! If I get any chicken meat that doesn't come off the bone cleanly, I am upset. Wings can be made in a variety of ways, many which don't include sauces. I will sometimes use lemon juice and Greek spices, or just a dry rub to make a tasty wing. Plus they can be baked in the oven rather quickly. You maximize the flavor if you marinate first. Unfortunately, they are so popular that they are rather pricey given the meat to bone ratio.

I've had them fall apart in my hands. Kinda messy at a bar.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
I've had them fall apart in my hands. Kinda messy at a bar.
Messy is still better than meat with the texture of an elastic clinging tenaciously to the bone. Yuck.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Messy is still better than meat with the texture of an elastic clinging tenaciously to the bone. Yuck.

True. Or worse...mushy, undercooked chicken skin. Gross!

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 04:52 PM
True. Or worse...mushy, undercooked chicken skin. Gross!
Skin should be crispy or not at all.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Skin should be crispy or not at all.

Right. I couldn't even finish a couple batches I got that were undercooked. Turns my stomach.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Right. I couldn't even finish a couple batches I got that were undercooked. Turns my stomach.
Few things worse than poorly cooked chicken. Just biting into chicken with blood still showing near the bone is highly off putting, add undercooked skin and it would be months before I could look at chicken.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 05:02 PM

That is not from a quality source. Probably from something like this.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Few things worse than poorly cooked chicken. Just biting into chicken with blood still showing near the bone is highly off putting, add undercooked skin and it would be months before I could look at chicken.

I got a turkey burger like that a few weeks ago. I lost my appetite almost immediately.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Arrgh. Don't show me that. Now I have to buy organic chicken at three times the price.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Arrgh. Don't show me that. Now I have to buy organic chicken at three times the price.

Free range. They taste much better and have real chicken flavor.

I really haven't priced checked, but I doubt the difference is that much.

I actually don't look at prices much.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I got a turkey burger like that a few weeks ago. I lost my appetite almost immediately.
As easy as poultry is to cook, it is probably the most likely to be cooked badly. I rarely order it at restaurants for that reason.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 05:08 PM

nah local animals aren't that expensive. I don't really care about organic but it has to be properly raised. I pay from $5 to $6 per pound for the dark meat cuts and the whole birds are only $4 or $5. The ones I get are from eastern PA.

Mister D
06-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I have yet to find local pigs in the market though. I will have to go to a farm.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Free range. They taste much better and have real chicken flavor.

I really haven't priced checked, but I doubt the difference is that much.

I actually don't look at prices much.
My grocers don't offer massive choices. They have organic, regular and Halal. I frequently buy the Halal because it looks more natural than those purple/blue chickens. I at least try to avoid the chickens that have been through the water evisceration process.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 06:16 PM

I have heard from a few people who raised, butchered and ate their own chickens that the taste reminded them of the smell of the chicken coop....

My Mom said she couldn't stand raising chickens and eating them.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 06:16 PM
However, we do plan on doing our own chickens eventually. I will raise 'em Cthulhu will butcher.

Mr. Nygma
06-14-2014, 07:43 PM
I have yet to find local pigs in the market though. I will have to go to a farm.

We have pigs. I'm a vegetarian so it's harder for me because I know they're all going for meat. They really are sweet animals if you play with them.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 07:52 PM
We have pigs. I'm a vegetarian so it's harder for me because I know they're all going for meat. They really are sweet animals if you play with them.
That is really difficult. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't know if I could raise animals for slaughter. I get attached really easily.

Mr. Nygma
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
That is really difficult. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't know if I could raise animals for slaughter. I get attached really easily.

They're actually Mr. Freeze's pigs but I help him raise them. He can't give them the quality of life that makes them good to eat and as cruelty free as a meat animal can live without help. So I do daily interaction, feed them snacks, pet them, and stuff like that so that they have a good life...until. :(

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 08:02 PM
They're actually Mr. Freeze's pigs but I help him raise them. He can't give them the quality of life that makes them good to eat and as cruelty free as a meat animal can live without help. So I do daily interaction, feed them snacks, pet them, and stuff like that so that they have a good life...until. :(
Oh. I don't know that I could do that. It would be so heartbreaking to make friends with them, knowing that they will eventually be slaughtered. Like I said, I get attached easily, but I'm glad that they have someone like you to make their lives better.

Mr. Nygma
06-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Oh. I don't know that I could do that. It would be so heartbreaking to make friends with them, knowing that they will eventually be slaughtered. Like I said, I get attached easily, but I'm glad that they have someone like you to make their lives better.

Well, Mr. Freeze has pigs he always makes excuses for at the last minute, so it is heartbreaking for him sometimes. There are a few "named" pigs that end up in the backyard or on the back deck.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Right, don't name the ones you are going to eat.

Captain Obvious
06-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Anchor Bar, Buffalo NY.

Cthulhu
06-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Right, don't name the ones you are going to eat.

See, I'm just the opposite. I would like to know. Especially if it was an animal I didn't like. Knowing that I am eating a former adversary is morbidly amusing to me.

There was a cow, White 10 was his tag number. I took great comfort knowing that he would wind up a hamburger somewhere. Yet greatly disappointed that it wasn't my hamburger.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't care either. I was just trying to be sensitive. I have been told I am lacking in that department. :smiley:

See, I'm just the opposite. I would like to know. Especially if it was an animal I didn't like. Knowing that I am eating a former adversary is morbidly amusing to me.

There was a cow, White 10 was his tag number. I took great comfort knowing that he would wind up a hamburger somewhere. Yet greatly disappointed that it wasn't my hamburger.

Cthulhu
06-14-2014, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't care either. I was just trying to be sensitive. I have been told I am lacking in that department. :smiley:

You and me both. I'm terrible at relating to human beings. I'm better with dogs than I am people. Although I do alright with people via text I hear. Well, sometimes anyways.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 10:09 PM
You and me both. I'm terrible at relating to human beings. I'm better with dogs than I am people. Although I do alright with people via text I hear. Well, sometimes anyways.

I hate texts.

On edit: except when I am stuck in the hospital.... :smiley:

Cthulhu
06-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I hate texts.

On edit: except when I am stuck in the hospital.... :smiley:

Well, by text I mean via letter, PM, email, chat etc...

But yes, being locked into conveying an idea within 160 characters and I'm tits on a boar pig useless as well. I don't think I'm the most persuasive writer, but many have told me that I am.

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 10:34 PM
I just fumble with the little keys on the smart phone. I have to delete every other character. When this one dies, I will see if any old flip phones still exist. And I will never text again.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Well, Mr. Freeze has pigs he always makes excuses for at the last minute, so it is heartbreaking for him sometimes. There are a few "named" pigs that end up in the backyard or on the back deck.

I worry about this because we would also like to raise our own animals, some for meat. I am worried about getting attached to some of them. :cry:

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Why?

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 10:53 PM
I just fumble with the little keys on the smart phone. I have to delete every other character. When this one dies, I will see if any old flip phones still exist. And I will never text again.

I text only on an old as time flip phone. Done it since I was 19! I did get a qwerty keyboard awhile back, but alas I break phones like crazy and this stupid flip phone has withstood the test of time!

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Why?

Then it will be sad to butcher and eat 'em!

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Then it will be sad to butcher and eat 'em!

The eating part is fun. Well, and cooking. I like to cook.

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 10:58 PM
The eating part is fun. Well, and cooking. I like to cook.

I love animals. We just took the kids to the petting zoo at the local dairy and those little baby goats are just dang cute! One guy was rubbing the baby pigs belly. He wouldn't let me touch him. The kids ate it up. They are dying for a pet. We can't have 'em where we live.

Spectre
06-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Vegetarian here. Not for religious, ethical or other stupid PETA reasons...meat just grosses me out. It's one small step away from cannibalism in my weird, twisted view.

I actually haven't had meat in any significant amount since my mid-teens. I'm healthy as a horse. As a TEAM of horses!

Redrose
06-14-2014, 11:59 PM

Popeyes
Bojangles
Church's
Chik-Fil-A
Buffalo Wild Wings
Cluck U

Number 5 is my favorite, my husband likes number 4. The last one made me laugh, what a name! In NY Chicken Delight was my favorite.

Peter1469
06-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Some people can not eat meat and be healthy. Some can't.

I tried and couldn't do it. But back then I was extremely active. Maybe I could do it today.

Vegetarian here. Not for religious, ethical or other stupid PETA reasons...meat just grosses me out. It's one small step away from cannibalism in my weird, twisted view.

I actually haven't had meat in any significant amount since my mid-teens. I'm healthy as a horse. As a TEAM of horses!

Peter1469
06-15-2014, 05:55 AM
Speaking of the fast food chicken, I am surprised nobody mentioned Hooters. My wife loved their chicken and would send me there to pick some up to bring home. Often for parties. But she would get rid of the bag and put the chicken on our platters.

countryboy
06-15-2014, 08:27 AM
There ain't no such thing as "great pizza" in Ohio.

:wink:
Hahaaa! Touche mon frere.

But believe it or not, we have great everything in Ohio.

countryboy
06-15-2014, 08:29 AM

I love that stuff. Great on fruit, especially watermelon.

countryboy
06-15-2014, 08:36 AM

You need a better smart phone. Voice text is the bomb, as long as it works well. My phone knows my texts to my wife so well I rarely have to type anything, I can usually just use the suggested words to bang out an entire message. :D

Green Arrow
06-15-2014, 08:36 AM
I love me a good set of breasts and thighs :tongue:

Immaturity aside :tongue: Zaxby's is pretty good, but like Mister D said, I'd prefer to buy the chicken from somewhere I trust and fry it up myself.

Matty
06-15-2014, 08:46 AM
I love me a good set of breasts and thighs :tongue:

Immaturity aside :tongue: Zaxby's is pretty good, but like @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) said, I'd prefer to buy the chicken from somewhere I trust and fry it up myself.

My MIL used to do that. She'd go to a friends place who raised chickens, she'd bring it home live on Sat. It lived approximately 10 seconds after she pulled into the driveway. She opened the door, reached behind the seat grasped the chicken and wrung it's neck. She then dipped it in boiling water, sat down and pulled all the feathers off. Then she cleaned and dressed it. Fried it up fresh for Sunday dinner. I just go to Publix.

Green Arrow
06-15-2014, 09:18 AM
My MIL used to do that. She'd go to a friends place who raised chickens, she'd bring it home live on Sat. It lived approximately 10 seconds after she pulled into the driveway. She opened the door, reached behind the seat grasped the chicken and wrung it's neck. She then dipped it in boiling water, sat down and pulled all the feathers off. Then she cleaned and dressed it. Fried it up fresh for Sunday dinner. I just go to Publix.

Publix is good too. I may go there myself on the way home from church...

countryboy
06-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Publix is good too. I may go there myself on the way home from church...
Church?

Green Arrow
06-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Church?

Yes?

Matty
06-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Church?

What? You never heard of church before?

Common Sense
06-15-2014, 10:35 AM
http://www.gnu-glasses.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/churchschicken.jpg

countryboy
06-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes?
I thought you had eschewed all Judeo/Christian ties in favor of Odin. Are you attending a Christian church? I know your history, and know you have a place in your heart for Judeo/Christian teachings, but didn't know you still attended church. Glad to hear it, and I meant no insult (I'm sure you knew that but just want to be sure). :)

countryboy
06-15-2014, 10:36 AM
What? You never heard of church before?
No. What is it?

Matty
06-15-2014, 10:45 AM
No. What is it?
Google it.

Green Arrow
06-15-2014, 10:50 AM
I thought you had eschewed all Judeo/Christian ties in favor of Odin. Are you attending a Christian church? I know your history, and know you have a place in your heart for Judeo/Christian teachings, but didn't know you still attended church. Glad to hear it, and I meant no insult (I'm sure you knew that but just want to be sure). :)

Yeah, I still go when I feel like it. It's comfortable for me. I have gone to church all my life. Converting to Judaism didn't change that, and neither did converting to paganism. Plus, my philosophy puts churches and other such groups at the forefront of community organization (and I don't mean Obama-style community organization), and the one I go to is very pro-community.

nathanbforrest45
06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Beach Road Chicken
Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville FL.

http://www.beachroadchickendinners.com/

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Buffalo wild wings sucks.

Very very expensive wings (you pay for the "sports bar" atmosphere), and very mediocre - although my wife likes their curry wing sauce and I haven't been able to duplicate it.

KC
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Very very expensive wings (you pay for the "sports bar" atmosphere), and very mediocre - although my wife likes their curry wing sauce and I haven't been able to duplicate it.

The curry wing sauce is good.

I don't like b dubs either, but it's a popular place among friends to grab a drink so I tag along enough (I don't like drinking there, too expensive and the options are pretty generic imo). Wingstop is where it's at for wings.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 02:37 PM
The curry wing sauce is good.

I don't like b dubs either, but it's a popular place among friends to grab a drink so I tag along enough (I don't like drinking there, too expensive and the options are pretty generic imo). Wingstop is where it's at for wings.

Best wing joints are usually shithole bars.

Worst wing joints are usually shithole bars also, so caution is advised.

nic34
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles (So. Phx)

Popeye's

Hooters

Alyosha
06-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Popeyes for the win.

nathanbforrest45
06-18-2014, 01:56 AM

They taste like cardboard and they make you shit the bed

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles (So. Phx)

Popeye's

Hooters

Only you would go to Hooters for the wings.