PDA

View Full Version : Nice day for a bath.

Matty
06-14-2014, 02:50 PM

Garden carts make excellent doggie bath tubs, with a tray (where the garden tools are kept) for holding shampoos.

Stumpy loved his bath it's so hot here

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 02:52 PM
We are 60 degrees and cool today. Loving it! Cthulhu took the kids fishing and I am powering through as much cleaning as I can with my little 11 month old. :smiley:

Peter1469
06-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Teaching them young? :smiley:

We are 60 degrees and cool today. Loving it! Cthulhu took the kids fishing and I am powering through as much cleaning as I can with my little 11 month old. :smiley:

Dark Mistress
06-14-2014, 03:00 PM
haha! No. I figured the fishing trip would be funner with the three older kids so I offered to keep her home with me. She's a little gem. She just self entertains most the time. Or snuggles and loves. She melts my heart.

darroll
06-14-2014, 04:55 PM
61 here.

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 08:17 PM
My little guy Kuma wouldn't thank me for a bath, even if it were over 100 degrees. The breed detests being immersed in water.

Matty
06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
My little guy Kuma wouldn't thank me for a bath, even if it were over 100 degrees. The breed detests being immersed in water.

Is he a JRT?

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Is he a JRT?
No, a Shiba Inu. Probably the same energy level of the JRT and with a similar hunting instinct, but not as noisy. They like to sneak up on prey and are pretty deadly when it comes to small animals, but they detest touching water, except to drink. They are known for the Shiba scream, which they pull out when they feel that they are being subjected to extreme humiliation - like baths.

del
06-14-2014, 09:14 PM
the shiba scream would be an excellent band name

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 09:46 PM
the shiba scream would be an excellent band name
This is what is is to bathe a shiba:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JOxB6SJSI

del
06-14-2014, 09:50 PM
whoa

just whoa

Dr. Who
06-14-2014, 09:58 PM
whoa

just whoa
Yes, a dog with a cat sensibility about water. Walks on the beach are not so much fun when somebody thinks they will die if they walk in the water. However I have to say they are otherwise a really delightful and loyal dog. Kuma is an amusing little guy, if rather imperious as compared to regular dogs. They are not really all that domesticated. The breed is at least 3000 years old, and the Japanese basically left them to be as natural as possible.

Matty
06-15-2014, 05:36 AM
That's hilarious, what a pretty dog. I have never seen one of those dogs I bet they are smart. She let them know they were "abusing" her, But my garden cart and garden hose system works better. The hose is full of sun warmed water, and I filled the cart and let it warm too.

Dr. Who
06-15-2014, 01:47 PM
That's hilarious, what a pretty dog. I have never seen one of those dogs I bet they are smart. She let them know they were "abusing" her, But my garden cart and garden hose system works better. The hose is full of sun warmed water, and I filled the cart and let it warm too.
I wish I could bathe him out of doors like that. Unfortunately my neighbors would all think I was killing my dog and the police would probably show up at my door. No, better indoors, where no one can hear the carryings on.