PDA

View Full Version : A Veteran on Iraq War

midcan5
06-25-2014, 06:38 AM
"The Wikipedia says Operation Iraqi Freedom started on the 20th of March, 2003, which is just another reason why you shouldn’t believe anything you read in the Wikipedia (don’t, just don’t). That’s not correct, the war began a day earlier. See, I was there on the night the war really started, at precisely 2200 hours, on the 19th of March in the Northern Arabian Gulf. I was there when US Navy SEALs and Polish GROM stormed the MABOT and KAAOT oil terminals a full day before Saddam Hussein discovered that his time was finally up. In point of fact, I had arrived there four months before, a few days before Christmas in December of 2002. From the day of my arrival (and before that really) to the day the war started, and for months after, I was a Navy intelligence officer working in support of the invasion force. There’s not much I don’t know about the events leading up to war and the aftermath of the invasion."

http://aattp.org/absolutely-nothing-a-veterans-savage-indictment-of-the-iraq-war/

"All that the working man demands is what these others would consider the indispensable minimum without which human life cannot be lived at all. Enough to eat, freedom from the haunting terror of unemployment, the knowledge that your children will get a fair chance, a bath once a day, clean linen reasonably often, a roof that doesn't leak, and short enough working hours to leave you with a little energy when the day is done. Not one of those who preach against 'materialism' would consider life livable without these things. And how easily that minimum could be attained if we chose to set our minds to it for only twenty years! To raise the standard of living of the whole world to that of Britain would not be a greater undertaking than the war we have just fought." George Orwell (http://www.george-orwell.org/Looking_Back_On_The_Spanish_War/0.html)

Alyosha
06-25-2014, 06:59 AM
Americans Against the Tea Party? And they show Mitt Romney like he's not a neocon...hmmm. If they're that stupid that they think Romney is a Tea Partier why do we believe they were Naval Intelligence?

Not that I don't agree with the sentiment of the article, I just have a hard time with the stupidity of the website. Democraps have turned into such demonizing, drooling freaks when it comes to a bunch of middle aged people in tricorn hats.

Peter1469
06-25-2014, 03:38 PM
So, I was 35 miles inside Iraq before the ground war "started" in Desert Storm. That doesn't mean the ground war started a day earlier.

nic34
06-25-2014, 04:06 PM
From the link.....

Why.

All these years later, and I still don’t know why.

Oh, I mean, I know what they told us, sure, Saddam Hussein attacked America on 9-11. Right? That’s what they said, that’s what the Commander-in-Chief told us. Saddam Hussein was in league with Al Qaida, remember? The son of a bitch and his stinking nation of terrorists attacked us. The Iraqis had it coming. And Georgie Boy was going to finish what his daddy started. Hooray! Right? That’s what they said.

Except those of us in the professional intelligence community looked at each other and thought, wait, what? How the hell did we miss that? Saddam and Osama bin Laden are working together? Buwah? But Rumsfeld, he had his own little extra-constitutional intelligence outfit staffed with his simpering cronies who he paid to blow smoke up his pinched grey ass until his colon resembled beef jerky and he sure didn’t have much use for us – after all, we were just the military he had.

Good questions.

Peter1469
06-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Bush never said al Qaeda was linked to Saddam. Bush said if Saddam has WMD he might give some to terrorist who would use it inside the US.

From the link.....

Why.

All these years later, and I still don’t know why.

Oh, I mean, I know what they told us, sure, Saddam Hussein attacked America on 9-11. Right? That’s what they said, that’s what the Commander-in-Chief told us. Saddam Hussein was in league with Al Qaida, remember? The son of a bitch and his stinking nation of terrorists attacked us. The Iraqis had it coming. And Georgie Boy was going to finish what his daddy started. Hooray! Right? That’s what they said.

Except those of us in the professional intelligence community looked at each other and thought, wait, what? How the hell did we miss that? Saddam and Osama bin Laden are working together? Buwah? But Rumsfeld, he had his own little extra-constitutional intelligence outfit staffed with his simpering cronies who he paid to blow smoke up his pinched grey ass until his colon resembled beef jerky and he sure didn’t have much use for us – after all, we were just the military he had.

Good questions.

nic34
06-25-2014, 04:51 PM
But by August 2003 after intensive selling of the war by the administration, more than 2/3rds of Americans thought Saddam had been involved in 9/11.

Why was that?

zelmo1234
06-25-2014, 04:53 PM
But by August 2003 after intensive selling of the war by the administration, more than 2/3rds of Americans thought Saddam had been involved in 9/11.

Why was that?

Public education, it was about WMD's and his failure to comply with UN resolutions

Peter1469
06-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Public school education?

Bush didn't say it. I don't know anyone who thought that. And I was an Army captain on active duty at the time.

Why was that?

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:10 PM
70% of adult Americans thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

Peter1469
06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
I haven't looked, but I imagine about 70% of Americans went to public schools.... :shocked:

70% of adult Americans thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

midcan5
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Bush never said al Qaeda was linked to Saddam. Bush said if Saddam has WMD he might give some to terrorist who would use it inside the US.

Minute 3:00 on - and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find lots of more 'never's.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xycyq2j8JI

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:31 PM
I haven't looked, but I imagine about 70% of Americans went to public schools.... :shocked:

I'll remember that the next time I see a poll......

Peter1469
06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Minute 3:00 on - and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find lots of more 'never's.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xycyq2j8JI

I apologize. I was careless. I meant linked to 9-11. That is what Nic and I were talking about.