PDA

View Full Version : Why Democrats are the Reason we lost the Vietnam War

Libhater
06-25-2014, 04:44 PM
There should be no doubt left in anyone's mind of who is responsible for us having lost the Vietnam War after having listened to the following 5+ minute video.

http://conservativevideos.com/2014/06/democrats-reason-lost-vietnam-war/

Green Arrow
06-25-2014, 04:58 PM
The Vietnam War was unwinnable before it began.

Mister D
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM

I disagree. It was only a matter of time before the North was bled white. That's not to suggest it was right or worthwhile.

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
North VN won.

We helped.

zelmo1234
06-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Actually war a winnable, police actions are not

It is still my belief that if you don't have the resolve to go into a country and keep killing people and breaking things until they give up and you take over?

Then they are not a big enough threat to send in the troops

Cigar
06-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh God, another Prick who thinks he's a Dick :rollseyes:

Libhater
06-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Evidently you didn't listen to the guy say that the war was all but won in 1972-73 while we were giving the South Vietnamese people all the arms they needed, and then the new Democratically led congress decided to pull a lefty stunt by stopping all further war appropriations to the South Vietnamese. And of course, once that happened--the rest is history as is always the case when the LEFT flies the surrender flag.

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Evidently you didn't listen to the guy say that the war was all but won in 1972-73 while we were giving the South Vietnamese people all the arms they needed, and then the new Democratically led congress decided to pull a lefty stunt by stopping all further war appropriations to the South Vietnamese. And of course, once that happened--the rest is history as is always the case when the LEFT flies the surrender flag.

What would we have won?

Woopee! Another 3rd world country to prop up with millions of taxpayer dollars.... for years and years?

Think these things thru lib.....

Libhater
06-25-2014, 06:15 PM
What would we have won?

Woopee! Another 3rd world country to prop up with millions of taxpayer dollars.... for years and years?

Think these things thru lib.....

Seems to me that with the liberal policy of open borders circa 1965 with the liberal Ted Kennedy's bill combined with Obama's leaky hole policy of allowing every illegal criminal in the world to enter our country via amnesty or with the proposed Dream Act mentality to where our tax paying citizens are suffering through massive tax liabilities to support these bums (not to mention the jobs they take away from American citizens), that your notion that we would have somehow propped up South Vietnam with American dollars through perpetuity had we won that war is all but nonsense. Your ridiculous assertion that we would keep sending tax dollars to nations we helped to win a war is also false, since we didn't send tax dollars to England for example for helping them to ward off Hitler.
But I digress: Back to the video. Do you agree that it was the Democrats who are entirely responsible for America losing the Vietnam War?

Common Sense
06-25-2014, 06:16 PM
...and what a menace Vietnam is now. Oh wait...

darroll
06-25-2014, 06:55 PM
The world would not tolerate us wasting 80% of the population.
It was fun going to the mess hall only to find out they had no food.
We bought food from the Vietnamese.
If your an ally and need help, go to Putin.

nic34
06-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Seems to me that with the liberal policy of open borders circa 1965 with the liberal Ted Kennedy's bill combined with Obama's leaky hole policy of allowing every illegal criminal in the world to enter our country via amnesty or with the proposed Dream Act mentality to where our tax paying citizens are suffering through massive tax liabilities to support these bums (not to mention the jobs they take away from American citizens), that your notion that we would have somehow propped up South Vietnam with American dollars through perpetuity had we won that war is all but nonsense. Your ridiculous assertion that we would keep sending tax dollars to nations we helped to win a war is also false, since we didn't send tax dollars to England for example for helping them to ward off Hitler.
But I digress: Back to the video. Do you agree that it was the Democrats who are entirely responsible for America losing the Vietnam War?

Both parties are to blame. But when Nixon and his GOP enablers took over for LBJ in 68 he blew the best chance to end it all. Repubs should have been the heros. But he doubled down on the war 5 more years, costing thousands more lives.

No, actually the GOP lost the war. They snatched defeat out of the hands of victory.

Mister D
06-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Both parties are to blame. But when Nixon and his GOP enablers took over for LBJ in 68 he blew the best chance to end it thus making the repubs heros, when he doubled down on the war 5 more years, costing thousands more lives.

No, actually the GOP lost the war.

Um Nixon actually did end the war, nic.

Green Arrow
06-25-2014, 09:36 PM

Only because it was politically and financially unfeasible. Of course...the same is true of Obama and Iraq.

Green Arrow
06-25-2014, 09:37 PM
I disagree. It was only a matter of time before the North was bled white. That's not to suggest it was right or worthwhile.

Well, sure, if you shoot enough people and blow up enough real estate you'll eventually "win" simply because there's nobody left to fight. But Vietnam was a war fought against communism. Ideas are bulletproof, you can't fight them with military force.

nic34
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM

....and LOST it.

Libhater
06-26-2014, 06:28 AM
....and LOST it.

I suggest you watch and listen carefully to the link from the OP again. Anything less would be a waste of time for me in dealing with someone who has a strange need to revise the fact that it was the Democrat congress that lost the war that was already won before they came in to screw it up.

nic34
06-26-2014, 07:11 AM
I suggest you watch and listen carefully to the link from the OP again. Anything less would be a waste of time for me in dealing with someone who has a strange need to revise the fact that it was the Democrat congress that lost the war that was already won before they came in to screw it up.

Nixon ensured that we would lose by expanding it beyond our ability to sustain it. He misread the nation's stomach for the killing. It was lost in 68.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Nixon ensured that we would lose by expanding it beyond our ability to sustain it. He misread the nation's stomach for the killing. It was lost in 68.

Militarily the US won the war. Even Vietnam admitted that. We made policy decisions to lose.

And we weren't even fighting to win. Had we went on the offensive in Vietnam we would have crushed the North.

Libhater
06-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Had we went on the offensive in Vietnam we would have crushed the North.

Exactly! The Democratic congress prevented Nixon from bombing the shit out of the Ho Chi Minh trail.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Exactly! The Democratic congress prevented Nixon from bombing the shit out of the Ho Chi Minh trail.

That, and invading the North.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 08:11 AM
We did bomb the shit out of the trail.

Libhater
That, and invading the North.

Yes indeed!

Peter1469
We did bomb the shit out of the trail. We didn't invade the north.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 08:13 AM
We didn't invade the north.

true but we did drop more ordance during the Vietnam War than we dropped on Europe and Japan combined during WW2.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 08:31 AM
true but we did drop more ordance during the Vietnam War than we dropped on Europe and Japan combined during WW2.

I wonder how much of it was effective.

Maybe we were just clearing out warehouse space....

Mister D
06-26-2014, 08:51 AM
I wonder how much of it was effective.

Maybe we were just clearing out warehouse space....

Not very effective on the Trail from what I've read and heard. The communists were able to efficiently patch up the network of trails after raids. On the other hand, NVA units in battle suffered heavily under American air power and artillery. I don't know the stats but I'd imagine an easy majority of communist casualties were caused by air strikes and artillery fire.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
I agree. The North couldn't fight conventionally successfully. And the guerrilla warfare was a distraction- that only wins in politics.

Not very effective on the Trail from what I've read and heard. The communists were able to efficiently patch up the network of trails after raids. On the other hand, NVA units in battle suffered heavily under American air power and artillery. I don't know the stats but I'd imagine an easy majority of communist casualties were caused by air strikes and artillery fire.

nic34
06-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, at least we learned losing SVN was bi-partisan.... as I've maintained all along......

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Well, at least we learned losing SVN was bi-partisan.... as I've maintained all along......

Right. Government sent the military to Vietnam and didn't give the military the authority to win.

darroll
06-26-2014, 01:07 PM
We did bomb the shit out of the trail.
We shelled it nitely with our 155's, but it was after 68. About that time our leaders were saying that there was no trail.

darroll
06-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Right. Government sent the military to Vietnam and didn't give the military the authority to win.Government was calling the shots. Like you can't shoot a gook if he does not shoot at you first.

PolWatch
06-26-2014, 01:13 PM
wow! and to think, I voted for Richard Nixon because of his promise to end the Viet Nam war...I didn't know he was a democrat....whodathunkit?