PDA

View Full Version : NC Lawmaker: Pedophilia is like Homosexuality

Kabuki Joe
06-26-2014, 07:44 PM
...interesting...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/25867562/nc-lawmaker-pedophilia-is-like-homosexuality?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_content=buffer0abbc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Common Sense
06-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Pedophilia involves a victim. Homosexual behavior involves two consenting adults.

You'd love a stroll down Church street this weekend in Toronto.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
This is why the Tea Party(ies) need to just split from the GOP. These freaks are an embarrassment.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 08:10 PM
What did he say that was so bad? Does anyone know?

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
What did he say that was so bad? Does anyone know?

Discussed above.

Time to split the GOP. We need to dumb the social conservatives. Then we could pick up the moderates on the left who care about the economy.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Discussed above.

Time to split the GOP. We need to dumb the social conservatives. Then we could pick up the moderates on the left who care about the economy.

nothing he said was discussed above and that's no surprise.

Time to read articles before commeting on them. Oh, and good luck with that strategy.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh sure. Ignore the article:

The amendment was tabled by Republicans, preventing a vote on it. But during the debate, Republican Rep. Paul Stam, R-Wake, said pedophilia, masochism and other illegal sexual practices are sexual orientations like homosexuality and he questioned the role adults who are sexually attracted to children might have in schools.

Time to kick these people to the curb of politics.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 09:07 PM

Ignore what? Again, what did he say that was bad? Peter, if you don't know just say so.

Again, good luck. Maybe it will do you some good, actually. You might just realize how sterile such fiscal politics are.

Alyosha
06-26-2014, 09:09 PM
from the article...

RALEIGH, NC (WBTV) - As North Carolina lawmakers debated a proposal to prevent charter schools from discriminating against applicants based on sexual orientation, one representative suggested Tuesday that adult sexual attraction to children is a sexual orientation like homosexuality.

The amendment was tabled by Republicans, preventing a vote on it. But during the debate, Republican Rep. Paul Stam, R-Wake, said pedophilia, masochism and other illegal sexual practices are sexual orientations like homosexuality and he questioned the role adults who are sexually attracted to children might have in schools.

Several lawmakers called those comments offensive. After the House session, Twitter lit up with criticism of Stam's comments from other lawmakers and left-leaning advocacy groups.

The amendment from Rep. Susan Fisher, D-Buncombe, would "prohibit a charter school from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity."

In response, Stam handed out a sheet listing what he said were 30 different sexual orientations. He argued the definition of sexual orientation must be narrowed, otherwise it would include masochism, sadism, pedophilia, along with homosexuality and heterosexuality.

"Sexual orientation is not defined anywhere," he said. "Many, many sexual orientations are not the ones you want to have teaching kids in schools," he said. "You may think you know what you mean by this but you don't."

From a purely legal standpoint he's right. They should just say "homosexuality and heterosexuality " if that's what they mean, but instead they leave it open-ended.

Mister D
06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
from the article...

RALEIGH, NC (WBTV) - As North Carolina lawmakers debated a proposal to prevent charter schools from discriminating against applicants based on sexual orientation, one representative suggested Tuesday that adult sexual attraction to children is a sexual orientation like homosexuality.

Several lawmakers called those comments offensive. After the House session, Twitter lit up with criticism of Stam's comments from other lawmakers and left-leaning advocacy groups.

The amendment from Rep. Susan Fisher, D-Buncombe, would "prohibit a charter school from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity."

In response, Stam handed out a sheet listing what he said were 30 different sexual orientations. He argued the definition of sexual orientation must be narrowed, otherwise it would include masochism, sadism, pedophilia, along with homosexuality and heterosexuality.

"Sexual orientation is not defined anywhere," he said. "Many, many sexual orientations are not the ones you want to have teaching kids in schools," he said. "You may think you know what you mean by this but you don't."

From a purely legal standpoint he's right. They should just say "homosexuality and heterosexuality " if that's what they mean, but instead they leave it open-ended.

Of course he is and it's obvious what he's doing. It's a clever strategy.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 09:33 PM
We can disagree about what is bad. We both are on the record with what we think on this topic. I want a coalition of economic "smarts" to have political power. I want to marginalize the social conservatives. At the federal level that is.

Ignore what? Again, what did he say that was bad? Peter, if you don't know just say so.

Again, good luck. Maybe it will do you some good, actually. You might just realize how sterile such fiscal politics are.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Are they going to get to something that acutely helps the local community?

from the article...

Alyosha
06-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Well, it depends. While I don't have problems with homosexuality, I do have problems with ephebophilia (orientation for preteens and teens) and that could be considered legitimate at some point while pedophilia never will.

I don't like generalized laws with prohibitions on hiring attached. Saying you cannot avoid hiring someone attracted to teen students is shit, IMO.

Does it kill anyone to say specifically who we're discussing as being "valid" agents for children and who is not?

See I Told You So
06-26-2014, 10:12 PM
This is why the Tea Party(ies) need to just split from the GOP. These freaks are an embarrassment.

So I take it that you are one of those "establishment" Republicans you know one of the "elite" ruling class who stands against the Country class is that correct?

Alyosha
06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Pete's a closet anarchist.

Peter1469
06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
So I take it that you are one of those "establishment" Republicans you know one of the "elite" ruling class who stands against the Country class is that correct?

Me? No. I am a classical liberal. I despise the establishment GOP. I want government to actually work.

Refugee
06-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I think that in the drive towards normalization, homosexuality is trying its hardest to lose its promiscuous label. If you define yourself by your sexual orientation to the point of all else, it comes to define a person by their sexual actions. Gay pride marches, gay marriages, gay lobbyists . . . . it’s like an unhealthy single issue fixation.

Alyosha
06-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Actually gays have gotten less fun since this whole "legitimization" thing. The men wear Eddie Bauer and try to do home repair. It's up to the lesbians to continue the Home Depot meets Sappho culture. Let's hope they don't start getting all lipsticky.

Redrose
06-26-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm a Tea Partier, very few TPers think like that but they make the news. There are some extreme Baptists I know of who think like that, some in the TP are Democrats, some are Independent, some Libertarians, all races too.

Pedophelia has nothing to do with sex, gay or otherwise. It's a power driven abnormality. Usually, it's an adult white male sexually abusing a child under the age of 12, male or female. Most pedophiles are married in a heterosexual relationship.

zelmo1234
06-27-2014, 01:27 AM
Pedophilia involves a victim. Homosexual behavior involves two consenting adults.

You'd love a stroll down Church street this weekend in Toronto.

So what you are saying is, You can choose who you fall in love with?

zelmo1234
06-27-2014, 01:29 AM

Keep reading, you only made it to the point that Democrats wanted you to, You have to continue!