PDA

View Full Version : Tiger visits boat for lunch

Bob
06-27-2014, 10:36 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/tiger-leaps-onto-boat-snatches-man-east-india-090431380.html
KOLKATA, India (AP) — A Bengal tiger snatched a man off a fishing boat in eastern India, dragging him away into a mangrove swamp as his children looked on in horror, the man's son said Friday.
The attack happened Thursday as Sushil Manjhi and his son and daughter were crab fishing in a stream in the Sunderbans National Park. The tiger leaped aboard the boat and clamped its jaws on Manjhi's neck, said Sushil's son, Jyotish.
The tiger "quickly flung my father on his back and gave a giant leap before disappearing into the forest," Jyotish said by telephone from his village of Lahiripur in West Bengal state. He said he and his sister tried to beat the animal with sticks and a knife, but the thrashing had no effect. His father was dragged away and was presumed dead.

Cthulhu
06-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Sounds like india needs to do a tiger purge. I like animals, but when they start snacking on human beings things got to change.

Part of it is habitat issues and human expansion. But on issues like this I will always side with Team People - because I'm a person.

Screw tigers.

The Xl
06-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Sounds like india needs to do a tiger purge. I like animals, but when they start snacking on human beings things got to change.

Part of it is habitat issues and human expansion. But on issues like this I will always side with Team People - because I'm a person.

Screw tigers.

When humans expand at the rate that they do, it doesn't leave wildlife with many options.

Cthulhu
06-27-2014, 03:03 PM
When humans expand at the rate that they do, it doesn't leave wildlife with many options.

Some people are terrible stewards of their environment. Some are better.

Don't worry, people will be trimmed back soon if you're worried about the environment and all that noise.

Bob
06-27-2014, 04:12 PM

Screw tigers.

I hope to find out what India did about it. This was terrible for his children to watch.