PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to be the GOP nom?

Captain Obvious
06-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Discuss and vote.

Conley
06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
honestly i think the powers that be -- the rich elite -- are perfectly happy with obama continuing to run things. he's a knob slobbering corporatist, so why upset the apple cart? the rich don't have any reason to be displeased. i think if he had undone the bush tax cuts, moved away from oil, etc. like he promised then there would be a more appealing GOP candidate. might be my tin foil hat but that's what i'm thinking.

Conley
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
gary johnson would be my vote but you didnt even give him a chance :'( :'( :'(

Captain Obvious
06-21-2011, 08:29 PM
gary johnson would be my vote but you didnt even give him a chance :'( :'( :'(

Sure I did - "someone else".

Mister D
06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know much about Pawlenty or Hutchinson

Mister D
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I even got his name wrong. ;D For some reason the edit feature is a little slow so I figured a new post would be better.

Captain Obvious
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I even got his name wrong. ;D For some reason the edit feature is a little slow so I figured a new post would be better.

He needs to be the VP nom for a POTUS nom named Gooden.

Conley
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
that candy should be renamed shitty and unwanted.

juz sayin

AmendmentX
06-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd like to see a Paul/Bachmann ticket, myself. Not that I'm a huge Bachmann fan, but I liked her in the last debate. Christie is the one I'd really like to see in the Oval Office.

Mister D
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd like to see a Paul/Bachmann ticket, myself. Not that I'm a huge Bachmann fan, but I liked her in the last debate. Christie is the one I'd really like to see in the Oval Office.

He's doing a great job here in NJ. You know that by how much the unions and libs hate his guts. He's pretty confrontational too when it comes to obnoxious questions and hecklers.

GRUMPY
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
honestly i think the powers that be -- the rich elite -- are perfectly happy with obama continuing to run things. he's a knob slobbering corporatist, so why upset the apple cart? the rich don't have any reason to be displeased. i think if he had undone the bush tax cuts, moved away from oil, etc. like he promised then there would be a more appealing GOP candidate. might be my tin foil hat but that's what i'm thinking.

why don't you pull your head out of your arse and move a step beyond your class warfare bs son....

GRUMPY
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
of the present announced candidates bachmann wins.....others out there that are viable would be west, rubio and christie although christie is a climate changeling.....

Mister D
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
of the present announced candidates bachmann wins.....others out there that are viable would be west, rubio and christie although christie is a climate changeling.....

Christie is an amnesty loon too. He's good for New Jersey but he would have to change a bit before I'd be comfortable with his candidacy.

GRUMPY
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Christie is an amnesty loon too. He's good for New Jersey but he would have to change a bit before I'd be comfortable with his candidacy.

that is exactly what i just said to someone else....he is fine for nj but some of his policy positions are not good for this country.....did not know re the amnesty bs....

Mister D
06-22-2011, 05:17 PM

that is exactly what i just said to someone else....he is fine for nj but some of his policy positions are not good for this country.....did not know re the amnesty bs....

Hopefully he will move closer to reality on those issues. How old is Rubio?

I just looked it up. He just turned 40. Kind of young, no? Great VP pick though. Has the added bonus of being Hispanic. Granted, that's out of the Dem play book but racial pandering where we are going.

GRUMPY
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM

I just looked it up. He just turned 40. Kind of young, no? Great VP pick though. Has the added bonus of being Hispanic. Granted, that's out of the Dem play book but racial pandering where we are going.

he is very articulate and fluid in his presentation, of course it is easy when you actually believe what you are saying.....regardless of age we need an individual with an honest fidelity to the constitution, strong character, common sense, a basic understanding of free markets and capitalism and an abiding respect and love for this country it's history, values, traditions and military.....

Mister D
06-22-2011, 06:02 PM

he is very articulate and fluid in his presentation, of course it is easy when you actually believe what you are saying.....regardless of age we need an individual with an honest fidelity to the constitution, strong character, common sense, a basic understanding of free markets and capitalism and an abiding respect and love for this country it's history, values, traditions and military.....

Yes, I agree. He's articulate and sincere. Polished too. I have a few misgivings about a man that young. Then again, what is the age requirement? Is it 45?

GRUMPY
06-23-2011, 07:50 AM
35 i think but i would have to check.....

Conley
06-23-2011, 08:00 AM
i could see perry or christie getting it...either way 4 more years of the same

Mister D
06-23-2011, 08:48 AM
35 i think but i would have to check.....

Oh I thought it was at least 40.

Conley
06-23-2011, 08:50 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minimum+age+to+be+vice+president&l=1

;D

Conley
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

why don't you pull your head out of your arse and move a step beyond your class warfare bs son....

educate yourself on the gap between rich and poor in this country (hint, it's at an all time high) and then tell me that class warfare is bs. look around.

Mister D
06-23-2011, 09:16 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minimum+age+to+be+vice+president&l=1

;D

:D :D Dick.

That's cool though.

Mister D
06-23-2011, 09:17 AM
It's 35. Imagine a 35 year old POTUS.

Conley
06-23-2011, 09:25 AM

hypothetically i think i'd be ok with it compared to the other end of the age extreme. i am pretty disturbed by all the accounts of reagan's alzheimers, but it's hard to tell how bad it really was. everyone seems to have a bias when it comes to him. anyhow i wouldn't automatically discount a candidate based solely on age either high or low.

Mister D
06-23-2011, 11:00 AM

hypothetically i think i'd be ok with it compared to the other end of the age extreme. i am pretty disturbed by all the accounts of reagan's alzheimers, but it's hard to tell how bad it really was. everyone seems to have a bias when it comes to him. anyhow i wouldn't automatically discount a candidate based solely on age either high or low.

Well that's the other extreme. eah, I'm a little nervous about a guy in his 80s too. 50s is perfect. It's like those gray hair shampoo commercials. He's got a little gray (experience) but he's still got some color (energy). ;D

Conley
06-23-2011, 11:15 AM
haha those commercials are so funny...there's always a lady involved in them. it's like the commercial is saying he's old enough to know how to please a woman in the sack, but not so old as to suffer from erectile disfunction ;D

GRUMPY
06-23-2011, 05:14 PM

educate yourself on the gap between rich and poor in this country (hint, it's at an all time high) and then tell me that class warfare is bs. look around.

and so what is your point my redistribute the wealth friend......hint if you took all of the wealth away from the wealthy today they would have it tomorrow because they have the drive and the intellect to make it.....

Conley
06-23-2011, 05:17 PM

and so what is your point my redistribute the wealth friend......hint if you took all of the wealth away from the wealthy today they would have it tomorrow because they have the drive and the intellect to make it.....

so you're saying we should eliminate taxes entirely?

what should our society do with those too young, too old or too injured to work?

explain your plan please...

GRUMPY
06-24-2011, 06:00 AM

so you're saying we should eliminate taxes entirely?

what should our society do with those too young, too old or too injured to work?

explain your plan please...

i am saying that we should not demonize or punish those who have made the right decisions in life and achieved wealth nor those who have inherited or been just plain lucky....on ss in it's inception was for women and orphans, if you want to toss in the legitimately disabled and dependent children under the age of 18 fine.....that is it.....it should be hard line defined, means tested and the attached medical benefits including disability determined by and paid for by the states.....all other entitlements should be determined by the states and the citizens of those states respectively....reduce govt to those functions mandated within the constitution, turn to a flat tax which i favor over a consumption tax.....

Conley
06-24-2011, 09:08 AM
so you would cut out social security for seniors?

grump, i do believe this is the definition of unelectable ;)

GRUMPY
06-24-2011, 01:22 PM
so you would cut out social security for seniors?

grump, i do believe this is the definition of unelectable ;)

are you trying out for weiner's former position as demcocrat demagogue.....that is not what i stated at all....do i think that this change in social security could be implemented overnight....no....still clearly a return of social security to what it was intended, that being a social safety net for the elderly poor, children and as i said throw in the disabled, with the states reviewing and establishing disability....ss was not supposed to be a retirement program and nor should it be....that is why i advocate a constitutional amendment that a legalizes this and b draws people into the discussion and understanding that this is the thing we do as part of our social contract, and as part of the contract as well people will see a smaller focused govt, will be taxed less and free within their states to regulate and tax as they the people see fit providing whatever entitlements etc they deem appropriate and are willing to pay for.....again this of course could not happen overnight and that is why we as individuals must be willing to engage in a "searching and moral inventory of ourselves...."....what have we done or not done in our lives that has contributed to this collapse and what can we do no matter where we are in our lives to turn this around....this requires a change within the individual, and over time culture....we must demand a change in our elected representatives all of this toward a rebirth or constitutional renaissance if you will.....

Danno9
06-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Cain/Bachmann ticket. Cain is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was but he has run a business and made a payroll. He also neutralizes the race card issues being brought up by dems and he would actually be our first real black president.

Captain Obvious
06-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Cain/Bachmann ticket. Cain is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was but he has run a business and made a payroll. He also neutralizes the race card issues being brought up by dems and he would actually be our first real black president.

I like some of the stuff he says, but they sound robotic at times.

His not serving as a governer or congress will hurt him, regardless of his corporate background. Corporations are the new whipping boy lately.

He's a little quirky also, hard to explain. Like he's trying too hard.

Mister D
06-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't even remember who I voted for on this poll. :o

MMC
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
What do any think about Huntsmen? Now that he jumped in. Also I have a question as to what people think about a Mormon becoming the POTUS?

Captain Obvious
06-26-2011, 09:01 PM
What do any think about Huntsmen? Now that he jumped in. Also I have a question as to what people think about a Mormon becoming the POTUS?

Could care less unless the candidate is a fanatic.

MMC
06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Have Mormons given up the concept of having more than one wife?

Captain Obvious
06-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Have Mormons given up the concept of having more than one wife?

I don't think polygamy is mainstream in the Mormon faith however there are wacky sects out there in them hills in Utah where they get a little funky with the harem.

MMC
06-26-2011, 09:24 PM
So do you think a group of Christians who claim what they do but place significance on having Gold tablets allegedly passed to them by God. As somewhat elitist and already have the inherent thought that all others still must be converted to their brand-logo?

Even if they only are married to one wife legally. Do they still have other women living in the same house? Or do they see others in which they are like common law marriages. Wherein none of the women say anything about one another or the one they are with?

I mean I am just asking questions as I have not looked into the matter of Mormons in a specific. Nor do I really want to. Not to mention other than a legal technicality. IS there a moral wrong to one having more than one wife.

There are others in the world that have more than one wife. This has been going on since the beginning of time. Also does it matter if a President is married or not?

Captain Obvious
06-26-2011, 09:28 PM
The whole concept of "God" is inherently wacky to the non-religious person.

Even Christianity. Read the bible - everything is in riddles, symbols and cryptic enough that you could arrive at a variety of justifications as to what God was trying to tell his followers.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with people of faith - for the most part regardless of what that faith is as long as they're not apeshit over it and trying to jam it down everyone elses throat.

MMC
06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
What about the President being a married person? I mean to me I can see pro's and con's to some issues. But to be honest, it would not matter to me if the President was married and had a family. More time for him to be on the job so to speak. Wouldn't you say?

scottie
06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I haven't fully decided whom i want to support..I like Cain, I kinda like Bachmann...I don't like Romney and not sure i can pull the trigger for him...I know he is good with money...but with all the flip flopping he can say what he wants but i don't think i can believe him.

MMC
06-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah I agree with you on Romney. Plus he has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. So he would have to filled in on all of that shit and again that takes time. We need somebody up there that knows what the hell is going on and why. Any answers by Romney are fabricated to look like he knows about that type of policy. Furthermore I think Romney loses out with other Christians that vote as they still still the Mormons as another of the Religious Elite.

I have no desire to see Bachmann as the Prez or even VP material. We cannot have a loon being viewed as a Toon by the rest of the World's Leaders.

But tell you what Bachmann, has no clue on the economy either. So here's a couple of plug nickels for the JukeBox Scott.....as we might need to save all the Wooden nickels for fuel. lol

scottie
06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah I agree with you on Romney. Plus he has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. So he would have to filled in on all of that shit and again that takes time. We need somebody up there that knows what the hell is going on and why. Any answers by Romney are fabricated to look like he knows about that type of policy. Furthermore I think Romney loses out with other Christians that vote as they still still the Mormons as another of the Religious Elite.

I have no desire to see Bachmann as the Prez or even VP material. We cannot have a loon being viewed as a Toon by the rest of the World's Leaders.

But tell you what Bachmann, has no clue on the economy either. So here's a couple of plug nickels for the JukeBox Scott.....as we might need to save all the Wooden nickels for fuel. lol

To be honest i don't feel vast experience in every area is neccessary...I feel it most important is having even smarts to put the right people around you with the knowledge in specifics areas to help you in making decisions.

MMC
06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I mean Cain knows his stuff on the econmics too. But not so much on Foreign policy either. While true we can put those around one that has no clue as to what things are about. Still the decision lies with the one with the power. Not to mention this is where we are losing all the money that is affecting our economy and standards of living. So having one that has some type of experiences and a familairarity with personal experience should be a requiste IMO.

Now Huntsmen has the Foreign policy Experience and ran a state just like Romney. Yet he has the same problem with the Mormon aspect and the fact that he is not known. He is by far the greater strength of all the grouping, plus Huntsmen is being backed by Lady Rothschild, for one.

scottie
06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes the president makes the decision...but if you surround yourself with people with the knowledge...you use that info to make the best decision....we can't have someone with the knowledge in everything...as far as huntsman...he lost cred when he went to work for obama....

GRUMPY
06-28-2011, 06:48 PM
exactly what would one need to know about foreign policy......

Conley
06-28-2011, 09:20 PM

??? what do you mean?

MMC
06-29-2011, 07:04 AM

??? what do you mean?

Yeah, what Conley said......<<<<< ???

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 08:39 AM
i am asking a rather straight forward question.....what does one need to know re foreign policy.....

MMC
06-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Foreign Relations, for one thing. Which is the setting of organizations,(NFP's) Buisness Corporations and for the Citizens of this Country with our interaction of and with any of the same from other countries.

More Importantly.....Foreign Policy defines the National Interests of the Country.

According to the State Dept. Their goal is to create a more secure, democratic and prosperous world for the benefit of the American People and the International Community.

Mister D
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
What is our foreign policy?

MMC
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Hiya D.....according to the State Dept, thats what they say their goal is. Althought the President determines any strategic actions to the direct safeguards of the Country and with respects to the National Interests of the Country. Priority Sovereignty.

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Foreign Relations, for one thing. Which is the setting of organizations,(NFP's) Buisness Corporations and for the Citizens of this Country with our interaction of and with any of the same from other countries.

More Importantly.....Foreign Policy defines the National Interests of the Country.

According to the State Dept. Their goal is to create a more secure, democratic and prosperous world for the benefit of the American People and the International Community.

you have it backwards, our national interests should broadly determine our foreign policy.....never mind i think they have answered my question how about you d, did they answer yours.....

MMC
06-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I know how it's suppose to work.....it hasn't done so in over 40 yrs now. Still does not change the fact now does it?

Mister D
06-29-2011, 11:12 AM
National interest should determine foreign policy. My question is whether the current adminsitration has a clear idea of either. We know the Bushites did even if we dislike their ideas and democracy fetish.

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
I know how it's suppose to work.....it hasn't done so in over 40 yrs now. Still does not change the fact now does it?

your answer reminded me of this classic....

Dick Blumenthal Stumped On How To Create A Job (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jkU3RSfDGE#)

but of course the voters elected the idiot didn't they.....