07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Cooking.

Cigar
07-01-2014, 03:33 PM
What does a Tent full of Old White Guys Do? :jerk:

Cthulhu
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
What do women in the military do?

Theory: Diversify and strengthen the military with their unique talents.

Practice: Reaaaally screw things up.

Perianne
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Seriously guys, what do they do? I have always wondered that. And it is not screw things up. (Or I hope it is not).

Cthulhu
07-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Seriously guys, what do they do? I have always wondered that. And it is not screw things up. (Or I hope it is not).

Primarily non-combat stuff. But they still really screw things up in units. In the field they are a combat liability, and in garrison they are a claymore to be avoided.

Best to not look directly at them. Cross the street and walk the other way if possible. Never be alone with one of them. An accusation from a female is as good as destruction to the male.

sachem
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM
What does a Tent full of Old White Guys Do? :jerk:Fart and burp.

Cigar
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM

http://www.militaryfox.com/var/albums/Military-Women-Costumes/Women%20Military%20Costumes%20179.jpg?m=1370834722 (http://www.militaryfox.com/index.php/Military-Women-Costumes/Women-Military-Costumes-179)

Cigar
07-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Try Googling Women in The Military :rollseyes: ... and Educate yourself

Perianne
07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Never mind. Sorry I asked.

Green Arrow
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Try Googling Women in The Military :rollseyes: ... and Educate yourself

Try not being a dick for once.

Cigar
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Try not being a dick for once.

Googling "Woman in The Military" isn't being a Dick ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military

Green Arrow
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Googling "Woman in The Military" isn't being a Dick ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military

The way you wrote it is.

Peter1469
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Here is a way to search Army military occupational specialties. (http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/combat.html) It has ways to browse and each say whether they are open to women or not.
Perianne

The Xl
07-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Not pull ups, apparently.

IMPress Polly
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why PF needs a rule explicitly banning sexism. Hardly any posts here (including from the women) fail to qualify.

Alyosha
07-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Or, honeydew, we let free speech reign and just ignore them? :)

KC
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why PF needs a rule explicitly banning sexism. Hardly any posts here (including from the women) fail to qualify.

But it's a political forum, and not everyone agrees with your political/philosophical views.

Matty
07-01-2014, 05:36 PM

They do many things. Pilots, Helicopter pilots, Some are Generals. Don't let the chauvinist pigs tell you differently.

Alyosha
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I have read multiple studies that women make better pilots.

KC
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Because they're not afraid to ask for directions?

Matty
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM

http://www.npr.org/2010/03/09/123773525/female-wwii-pilots-the-original-fly-girls

Peter1469
07-01-2014, 06:28 PM

This refers to jets- they have a lower center of gravity and can take more G forces. Useful in a dog fight. Although new generation fighters rely on over the horizon kills.

Perianne
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM

I hope you are not referring to my posts.

Anyway, I should have thought about who was online before I asked. I thought it was a good conversation thread without it turning into how stupid and worthless women are. Again, I should have thought about who was online at the time. Codename would have been helpful as Peter was.

Cthulhu
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Clarify, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

In many cases, yes. Vision, hand eye coordination, g-forces resilience...all good things. But the logistical cost of having women in the military is not worth it in my opinion. Unit cohesion alone take a huge hit in many instances.

The Xl
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
My post was a joke. I didn't mean to offend if I did.

Ethereal
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Women are mostly in what are referred to as support roles. Men also inhabit these roles. This is opposed to combat roles.

Support roles are things like logistics, administration, communication, military law, and intelligence.

Combat roles are subdivided into naval-air-ground elements, and women are allowed to occupy combat roles in both the naval and air context, but not ground combat elements, although they are experimenting with women in ground combat roles, and the asymmetric nature of modern warfare has made it to where the "front lines" can become a bit blurry, which means women have been exposed to ground combat operations even if they are not specially trained to handle them.

Peter1469
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
The marines were better at it than the army. What happened to the 507th Maintenance Company was a complete embarrassment.

It wasn't much better when I was in pre-deployment mode for my last Iraq tour (an HQ element). In a convoy live fire exercise I had to forcibly remove the magazine from one soldier's weapon. She was up top firing all over the place. I jump up from the shot-gun seat and got the mag out with not much effort. The controller observer never said a word. My driver was an ex-infantry guy who was wounded in an earlier deployment (actually stabbed) and he just looked at me and said that we were fucked.

Women are mostly in what are referred to as support roles. Men also inhabit these roles. This is opposed to combat roles.

Support roles are things like logistics, administration, communication, military law, and intelligence.

Combat roles are subdivided into naval-air-ground elements, and women are allowed to occupy combat roles in both the naval and air context, but not ground combat elements, although they are experimenting with women in ground combat roles, and the asymmetric nature of modern warfare has made it to where the "front lines" can become a bit blurry, which means women have been exposed to ground combat operations even if they are not specially trained to handle them.

Perianne
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Thank you, Ethereal. You understood that a simple, generic answer is quite sufficient.

Mister D
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Would you really prefer a forum where the ideas and expressions you don't like are banned? Seriously?

Mister D
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
My post was a joke. I didn't mean to offend if I did.

It wouldn't have been funny if there wasn't some truth to it.

Paperback Writer
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120508023751-iwm-queen-mechanic-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Ethereal
07-01-2014, 08:41 PM

An example of sexism is not really an example of why sexism should be banned from the forum. I feel that as long as you are not being personal, viewpoints shouldn't be punished or censored. Just because an idea is bad or controversial does not mean we should insulate ourselves from it. If you object to sexism, then the best thing to do is to refute the sexist commentary.

Mister D
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
An example of sexism is not really an example of why sexism should be banned from the forum. I feel that as long as you are not being personal, viewpoints shouldn't be punished or censored. Just because an idea is bad or controversial does not mean we should insulate ourselves from it. If you object to sexism, then the best thing to do is to refute the sexist commentary.

Exactly. The worst part of stupid rules like that is a large portion of a mod's time is spent investigating the often frivolous accusations of racism, sexism etc. The day we go there I'm out.

Paperback Writer
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Well said, Ser Ethereal. I've oft thought if I put together a political salon I would invite you as a token Yank.

Ethereal
07-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Well said, Ser Ethereal. I've oft thought if I put together a political salon I would invite you as a token Yank.

This seems like the best way to eventually becoming a Scottish lord, so I accept your offer.

Paperback Writer
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
This seems like the best way to eventually becoming a Scottish lord, so I accept your offer.

Did I ever send you the clan membership link? I shall if you send me your clan. This is step one to having a dual citizenship, and will become more important if Scotland votes for independence.

Redrose
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
They do many things. Pilots, Helicopter pilots, Some are Generals. Don't let the chauvinist pigs tell you differently.
My two nieces drove trucks in the field in Iraq. One was slightly injured by a IED.

My ex mother-in-law was Chief Petty Officer in the British Royal Navy during WWII.

birddog
07-01-2014, 09:07 PM
My wife and I met in the Army, and married there in 1967 and 1968 respectively.

She was a Kryptographer. Women did and do most of the things that men do, but not all.

GrassrootsConservative
07-02-2014, 12:18 AM
@IMPress Polly (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=399)
We have one already. It's an implied rule, that's how SERIOUS it is. You'll need to fill out an official report:

http://www.awsm.com/img/2010/butthurt.jpg

Kalkin
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
I disagree. One person's humor is another prude's sexism (not saying you're necessarily a prude, mind you). The ignore feature will keep you safe, no need to get all PC/authoritarian.

Mr. Right
07-17-2014, 12:56 PM

I must say, there was a tall lovely blond pilot that landed a puddle jumper in a 30 knot crosswind at Pensacola Intn on day in November a few years back. Wet runway, rain, and howling wind... she made it look easy. I was impressed and told her so!

Animal Mother
07-20-2014, 10:35 AM
What do women in the military do?

Cause trouble.

Libhater
07-20-2014, 06:52 PM
They file a lot of sex discrimination charges against their superiors. I never had any problems with the Donut Dollies--they always served me a tasty donut hole.

Peter1469
07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
They file a lot of sex discrimination charges against their superiors. I never had any problems with the Donut Dollies--they always served me a tasty donut hole.

In the military? I don't think that you know what you are talking about.

sachem
07-20-2014, 07:38 PM
In the military? I don't think that you know what you are talking about.Remember, Libby was in the military when they still used muskets.

Peter1469
07-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Remember, Libby was in the military when they still used muskets. And when they didn't have many of the "women-folk".... That brings us back to my comment about him not knowing what he is talking about.

sachem
07-20-2014, 07:46 PM
And when they didn't have many of the "women-folk".... That brings us back to my comment about him not knowing what he is talking about.Precisely.

Libhater
07-20-2014, 07:46 PM
And when they didn't have many of the "women-folk".... That brings us back to my comment about him not knowing what he is talking about.

Here, read this and after it absorbs into your brain--do us all a favor and stfu!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/09/education-dept-vmi-engaged-in-sex-discrimination/

Peter1469
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Here, read this and after it absorbs into your brain--do us all a favor and stfu!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/09/education-dept-vmi-engaged-in-sex-discrimination/

Let me know when you have enough rank to give me orders. Dismissed.

TheInternet
07-20-2014, 09:26 PM
I disagree. One person's humor is another prude's sexism (not saying you're necessarily a prude, mind you). The ignore feature will keep you safe, no need to get all PC/authoritarian.

Getting authoritarian is what the left is all about.

Libhater
07-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Let me know when you have enough rank to give me orders. Dismissed.

Nice to see you get a little touchy when you know you've been talking out yer ass. Don't like getting proven wrong, do you, sport?

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2014, 02:46 PM

A female attack chopper pilot saved my grandson's bacon in Afghanistan a while back. You'll not find either of us bad-mouthing women in the military.