PDA

View Full Version : Gaddafi tries to hire NYC PR firm

Conley
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
"Embattled Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi wants to hire a New York public-relations firm in a bid to improve his image, a pitch letter emailed to agencies indicates.
In the letter an official in Tripoli is said to have recently emailed to New York and London agencies, the leader wants a firm that will head daily news conferences and spread news on his "moral" and "legal" claims to power."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/309885#ixzz1U0sBatrX

Crappy article cut off my copy-and-paste.

Anyhow, I'd imagine there are probably sanctions to prevent this sort of thing but it does show a certain mindfulness on Gaddafi's part, and I can't help but wonder if he just drew the short straw here. To be sure, he's guilty of criminal behavior, but whether that's more than the leadership of Egypt, Syria, or for that matter Saudi Arabia I don't think any of us can really measure. Were it not for the French recognizing the rebels out of the blue, would Libya even be a topic of discussion here? I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I think this engagement is a resounding indictment of just how awful Obama's foreign policy has been.

MMC
08-04-2011, 01:42 PM
"Embattled Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi wants to hire a New York public-relations firm in a bid to improve his image, a pitch letter emailed to agencies indicates.
In the letter an official in Tripoli is said to have recently emailed to New York and London agencies, the leader wants a firm that will head daily news conferences and spread news on his "moral" and "legal" claims to power."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/309885#ixzz1U0sBatrX

Crappy article cut off my copy-and-paste.

Anyhow, I'd imagine there are probably sanctions to prevent this sort of thing but it does show a certain mindfulness on Gaddafi's part, and I can't help but wonder if he just drew the short straw here. To be sure, he's guilty of criminal behavior, but whether that's more than the leadership of Egypt, Syria, or for that matter Saudi Arabia I don't think any of us can really measure. Were it not for the French recognizing the rebels out of the blue, would Libya even be a topic of discussion here? I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I think this engagement is a resounding indictment of just how awful Obama's foreign policy has been.

I would be willing to write for him at least for a month of paychecks. I will even write it the way he wants. Just let him throw some money round my way. I won't even put in cartoon pics of the Brother Leader. Might have a few with some gangsta hats tho. >:D

Personally I think he should use face book.....and MSDNC to help explain his points of view. Works for everybody else.....huh?

Conley
08-04-2011, 01:50 PM
FaceBook and MSNBC :D :D :D

He should Tweet too ;D

MMC
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
FaceBook and MSNBC :D :D :D

He should Tweet too ;D

Tweety (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbEbOdppJXY#)

Oh Yeah He Should be doing that Tweety thing..... >:D