PDA

View Full Version : Yo Captain, MMC, D and Other Fans of Stillers, Da Bears, Stains, and the NFL

Conley
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Cap'n good to see ya back...your excuses are understandable as we have to come and go as per our schedule, job and family come first, but I'll give you shit regardless. ;D

That said it's good to have ya around. I don't think you saw it but a few of us were maybe talking about putting something together for fantasy football, you down or are you too busy? How many people would you say we need for a decent league? I can already predict D will autodraft :P

Also all you MFers should check out The League on FX...it's kind of about fantasy football but more a good comedy. I've only watched it online (first season) and it was hilarity.

Captain Obvious
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
It could be done with 6 minimum IMO, but a 12+ league is optimal IMO.

6 means you have all studs on your team and everyone makes the playoffs.

Mister D
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
You prediction will likely come true. ;)

Conley
08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
You prediction will likely come true. ;)

:D

So Cap'n is saying we need some fresh bodies:

- Me
- Cap'n
- D
- MMC
- Spunk (fuck it, you're in, and you can't draft Moss or Farve this year :P)
- Grumpy if the prize is a BM

Shit, we don't have enough people do we? Hmm. It would be good to find a site without a $$ requirement too, though I'm not sure what the prize should be. Maybe the Shiva.

The League: Kevin Freakout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUaszCUPFo#)

David Akers :D :D :D

Mister D
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
How much time do we have before the season starts? At least a month, right?

Conley
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes, but don't worry about studying the teams and players. Your good friend Conley will be happy to tell you who to draft.

The Stains will be great this year, focus on them. ;) >:D

Captain Obvious
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Yes, but don't worry about studying the teams and players. Your good friend Conley will be happy to tell you who to draft.

Drafting in the 2nd or optimally the 3rd week of preseason is best. Even the 4th, that way you don't risk drafting someone who might get injured.

Did I tell you my stains joke? Stop me if I did. >:D

This Browns fan is walking along the beach and he stumbles on something sticking out of the sand. It's a brass lamp and of course he rubs it and of course a genie pops out and says "for freeing me from that lamp I will grant you 1 wish".

So the stains guy pulls out a map and shows it to the genie. He points to a spot on the map and says "see this area - it's the Middle East, an area that has been the centerpoint of conflict and bloodshed for centuries - I want you to bring peace to this region". The genie bluntly replies "I cannot grant that wish, it is beyond my powers - make another wish".

So stains guy says "well, I've been a Browns fan for all my life and have never seen them in the Superbowl let alone win one - I want the Browns to win the Superbowl this year".

The genie then says "show me that map again".

Mister D
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
:D :D :D Ah NFL humor. :)

Conley
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Peace in the Middle East is easy...nuke it.

The Browns in the Super Bowl? That's a lot more complicated.

(p.s. in no way does Uncle Conley condone turning the Middle East to glass. Just sayin' it'd be easier than being the GM of the Stains)

MMC
08-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Do I need to put Homer Simpson up on this? >:D