PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers Go On Vacation While FAA workers wait to get paid

Conley
08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Washington (CNN) -- Mark DePlasco, one of the many furloughed Federal Aviation Administration employees, is financially devastated by the lack of a paycheck and is desperately trying to juggle his bills.

His predicament has prompted Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood to prod vacationing American lawmakers to interrupt their breaks, get back to work and pass a temporary funding measure that would put thousands of FAA and airport construction workers back on the job.

The Democratic-led Senate went on summer recess Tuesday without approving what would have been the 21st short-term funding extension for the FAA. The Republican-led House previously passed a short-term extension but included some changes opposed by Democrats.

On Thursday, LaHood scolded lawmakers to return and pass the extension. He says failure to do so effectively lays off 4,000 FAA employees and 70,000 construction workers, among others.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/04/congress.faa/index.html

Congress needs to wake up. The bubble these guys are in astounds me. We as a people need to pay more attention and start holding them accountable! >:(

MMC
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I heard it is costing us 70,000 k Construction jobs as well. Bet the Obama economists did see this happening for the end of the year.

But Congress passed the buck on this one. I am tired of all their dam vacations and holidays. What a bunch of lazy mofos.

Conley
08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Yup 70,000 construction guys just twiddling their thumbs.

No doubt the delay is still going to cost us taxpayers money, as those construction sites still need to be kept secure, and when Congress does come back they will vote to extend the FAA funding for the 22nd time using the short term stop gap they've been using. I guess they were just too eager to split town before and decided not to complete their work before taking off. Shameful.

MMC
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Yup 70,000 construction guys just twiddling their thumbs.

No doubt the delay is still going to cost us taxpayers money, as those construction sites still need to be kept secure, and when Congress does come back they will vote to extend the FAA funding for the 22nd time using the short term stop gap they've been using. I guess they were just too eager to split town before and decided not to complete their work before taking off. Shameful.

Yeah to hurry back and then take another break with Veterans day coming. of Course throwing out how much they want to thank those of us who have survived. Makes me want to have a game of Football with some politicians. Really I dont care which one of them has the ball. All i know is they wouldn't be going home with it. ;)