PDA

View Full Version : Obama's gonna get re-elected.

spunkloaf
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm not taunting or jabbing, it's just a natural fact. He's a great talker. Whether or not he can get shit done, people like how he talks about things. Unless somebody can best his charismatic skills, nobody else has a chance. I'm not excited about how things have been handled by the guy, I'm not particularly excited about him being re-elected. But it's going to happen.

Conley
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not as convinced as I was a few months ago when OBL was killed.

The economy is in the shitter and going down fast...when the second recession begins, if it hasn't already, I think his time will be up. The economy is people's biggest concern right now, and it's not going well. At least for the bottom 95%.

Conley
08-05-2011, 12:39 PM
+117,000 jobs in July it was announced today - that is definitely positive. Hopefully that momentum continues.

hellraiser
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
obama is a good man. i think the american people see this. he will come again. :)

spunkloaf
08-05-2011, 02:02 PM
obama is a good man. i think the american people see this. he will come again. :)

He will come again to judge the living and the dead. And his kingdom will have no end.

MMC
08-05-2011, 02:12 PM
+117,000 jobs in July it was announced today - that is definitely positive. Hopefully that momentum continues.

Thats not true bro.....we need to be producing 220,000 jobs thats way below the norm. Plus most of those job numbers are bullshit we had a big ole fight on another site about all the differnt numbers and one thing is for sure the jobs numbers do not add up.

Borders just laid off 11k across the Country 6400 thru Sysco systems. 70,000k jobs have been on hold with an additional 4500 for aviation peeps. Moreover there was another couple companies laying off.

Right now the only thing going for Obama is he has no one to run against. That may change if this turns into a double dip recession. Plus they still have a stop gap measure coming up to deal with for keeping the government going.

Not to mention now if he does not pull the rest of the troops out of Iraq then he will have broken that promise. Then if Libya continues with Norway and others pulling out NATO and the UN will want the US to provide more support as the French and the Brits can't do it by themselves. Still at this point in time they do know that it will take troops on the ground to get Qadhafi out.... all losing points with the American people. Also with his base.

Conley
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Ah, well I was looking for a silver lining. I know the numbers are bullshit but the bullshit came in higher than expected, I figured that was a good sign. Truthfully the economy is crap and I still think he'll take the fall for it. The problem is that his successor won't do any better and won't care about anyone but the most wealthy and powerful.

Conley
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM

He will come again to judge the living and the dead. And his kingdom will have no end.

:D it's the Messiah :o

Mister D
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not taunting or jabbing, it's just a natural fact. He's a great talker. Whether or not he can get shit done, people like how he talks about things. Unless somebody can best his charismatic skills, nobody else has a chance. I'm not excited about how things have been handled by the guy, I'm not particularly excited about him being re-elected. But it's going to happen.

Only vacuous people "like the way he talks". Granted, the country is chock full of them...

Mister D
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM

black people.

Conley
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM

:D it's the Messiah :o

Grumpy always called him the Messiah

:old: RIP :'(

spunkloaf
08-05-2011, 03:09 PM

black people.

We believe in one God, the father, the almighty
Creator of Heaven and Earth
Of all that is seen and unseen
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ
The only son of God eternally begotten of the father
God from God, light from light, true God from true God
Begotten, not made
One in being with the father
Through him all things were made
For us men and for our salvation, he came down from Heaven
By the power of the Holy Spirit, he was born of the virgin Mary and became man
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate
He suffered, died, and was buried
On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the father
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead
And his kingdom shall have no end
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
Who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy Catholic and apostolic church
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
We look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come
Amen

Mister D
08-05-2011, 04:23 PM

black people.

Begotten, not made
Amen

brown people.

spunkloaf
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
purple people. eaters.

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:25 PM
purple people. eaters.

:D Thats One Eye Purple People Eaters...... >:D Must be cuz someone ate the other eye lol

Conley
08-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Are we still talking about the Minnesota Vikings?

:D :o

Mister D
08-06-2011, 10:22 AM

black people.

Begotten, not made
Amen

Besides, aren't you from a heavily Protestant state?

I'm looking at Wikipedia right now. Your state is not only 88% white ("white" in the European sense) but almost 70% Germanic! :o :o :o It's also majority Protestant.

So what's your issue with the Nicene Creed?

Conley
08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
:D

This brought me back to my days as an acolyte...was the Anglican church though so we didn't have that stuffy line about the Catholics >:D ;)

Mister D
08-06-2011, 10:57 AM

This brought me back to my days as an acolyte...was the Anglican church though so we didn't have that stuffy line about the Catholics >:D ;)

I remember we used to say the Apostolic Creed in school sometimes.

Conley
08-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Did you go to Catholic school?

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:06 PM

Yeah 3rd grade.....until I hit a Nun and they kicked me out. >:D

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
and yet the nuns get to hit you first...how is that fair? >:D

Mister D
08-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Yeah 3rd grade.....until I hit a Nun and they kicked me out. >:D

MMC is from the streets! He's gangsta as f**k! :o O0

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

Well that explains a lot.

;D

Mister D
08-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

;D

I didn't really take Christianity seriously until I was almost 30 though. It may help explain my authoritarian proclivities though... :o

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Yep she hit me with a ruler......plus she was young. Not like some old Nun. Plus I really didnt hit her. I just twisted out from her grip and got blamed for such. So they kicked me out and it was back to public school where I belonged. ;D

Or So I thought.....but then Moms had another Idea. Bada-Bing Military School and live-in on Campus. Plus way out in the South Suburbs. I was pisssssst at the time. Being moved away from all my friends. The following year she put my brother in the school. I went in at 5th grade. My brother started at 3rd in the school.

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

;D

I didn't really take Christianity seriously until I was almost 30 though. It may help explain my authoritarian proclivities though... :o

I just meant why you were repeating the Nicene Creed in school

;)

edit: Apostolic

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Yep she hit me with a ruler......plus she was young. Not like some old Nun. Plus I really didnt hit her. I just twisted out from her grip and got blamed for such. So they kicked me out and it was back to public school where I belonged. ;D

Or So I thought.....but then Moms had another Idea. Bada-Bing Military School and live-in on Campus. Plus way out in the South Suburbs. I was pisssssst at the time. Being moved away from all my friends. The following year she put my brother in the school. I went in at 5th grade. My brother started at 3rd in the school.

:D for some reason I picture you as a little hell raiser. Must be the Eyetalian blood. ;D

MMC
08-06-2011, 01:07 PM

:D for some reason I picture you as a little hell raiser. Must be the Eyetalian blood. ;D

Not at all, thats the negotiator in me......I blame the quarter Irish for all the rest. :D :D

Conley
08-06-2011, 01:11 PM
:D Negotiate? Didn't know that word was in your vocabulary ;)

MMC
08-06-2011, 01:25 PM

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1030495208896&id=02fb20f0b7a0968dc00d4f3a2d385ac8&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.kenyanlist.com%2fkls-wmk.php%3fpath%3dattachments%2fz%2f20100602182329_ 16.jpg

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=995609611515&id=723638cda370b074bc534516702b273b&url=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.flirtcatalog.com%2fimages%2fp roduct%2flarge%2fca%2fCA10288_1_.jpg :o

Say What.....We always make an offer. It just happens to be it's one they cant refuse! >:D

Mister D
08-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

;D

;)

:D Sounded a lot more ominous than that.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 02:30 PM

We are famous for our negotiating skills. ;)
http://http://www.mirrorfilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/10.-I-ll-make-him-an-offer-he-can-t-refuse._imagelarge1.jpg

Conley
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Yep. All 12 years.

;D

;)

:D Sounded a lot more ominous than that.

:D I know, and that was intentional >:D

Conley
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM

We are famous for our negotiating skills. ;)

:D Yeah the ol' horse head in the bed technique is very effective.

Someone should try that with Obummer.