View Full Version : Jesus tomb in India

gophangover
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFWrf-B6_xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbgCTBW7BPA&feature=related

annata
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
TEXTUAL EVIDENCE OF JESUS IN KASHMIR
Setting aside the historical evidence, the textual evidence is convincing by itself alone. Most of what Jesus said, which, if even confined to the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, was said five hundred years earlier by Buddha. Much of what Jesus did was done five hundred years earlier by Buddha. So, schooled as a Buddhist, Jesus spoke and acted like a Buddhist. Jesus was the most important source for the biblical accounts of his life, which he gave to Peter and which Peter gave to Matthew and Luke.

Indeed, but for inevitable differences in translations, what Jesus said may have been identical with what he read and heard of Buddha and Veda texts. The languages of Pali (which Buddha spoke) or Sanskrit (found in most Buddhist documents) had to be translated first into Greek or Coptic, then into Jesus' native Hebrew or Aramaic. More translation is involved with the writing and rewriting of texts after Jesus, including the final English translation in the King James version of the Bible. Considering these discrepancies in translation, many of Jesus' statements could have been identical with their Buddhist sources.
The accounts commonly known about both Jesus and Buddha are numerous, as indicated below.

* Born as an incarnate god.
* Born from a virgin mother.
* Birth claimed as a divine event and prophesied as the same.
* Birth attended by singing angels.
* Birth attended by wise men bearing gifts.
* Prodigious childhood.
* As a child astounded teachers with knowledge.
* Fasted in the wilderness for forty days.
* Tempted while alone by the devil.
* Resisted the devil successfully.
* After the devil left, supernatural events occurred.
* Were vegetarians (fish excepted).
* Began ministry at thirty years of age.
* Attract large following mostly from lower classes.
* Attracted disciples who traveled with him.
* Attracted one disciple who was treacherous.
* Changed disciples' names.
* Encouraged celibacy for their disciples.
* Consecrated in a holy river.
* Itinerant ministry instead of at a fixed place.
* Performed miracles such as curing blindness.
* Renounced worldly riches and required the same of their disciples.
* Ministered to outcasts.
* Advocated universal love and peace.
* Taught mostly through use of parables.
* Triumphal entries (in Jerusalem and Rajagripa).
* Gave major sermon from a mound.
* Disregarded by the dominant religious elite (Pharisees and Brahmans).
* Just before death dispatched disciples to preach in other areas.
* Death accompanied by supernatural event.

Both Jesus and Buddha issued moral commandments that prohibited killing, stealing, adultery, false witness, and coveting. Both emphasized the same moral themes: advocate peace, not war; avoid the corruption of wealth; help the poor; abolish slavery and caste systems; abandon self and selfishness; and love your neighbor, even your enemy. Many statements by Jesus resembled those by Buddha, as presented below.

JESUS: "A foolish man, which built his house on sand."
BUDDHA: "Perishable is a city built on sand." (30)
JESUS: "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed."
BUDDHA: "Confess before the world the sins you have committed." (31)
JESUS: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the foregiveness of sins."
BUDDHA: "Let all sins that were committed in this world fall on me, that the world may be delivered." (32)
JESUS: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
BUDDHA: "Consider others as yourself." (33)
JESUS: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also."
BUDDHA: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon all desires and utter no evil words." (34)
JESUS: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
BUDDHA: "Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love: this is an eternal truth. Overcome anger by love, overcome evil by good." (35)
JESUS: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
BUDDHA: "Let your thoughts of boundless love pervade the whole world." (36)
JESUS: "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her."
BUDDHA: "Do not look at the faults of others or what others have done or not done; observe what you yourself have done and have not done." (37)
JESUS: "You father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous."
BUDDHA: "The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low." (38)
JESUS: "If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."
BUDDHA: "The avaricious do not go to heaven, the foolish do not extol charity. The wise one, however, rejoicing in charity, becomes thereby happy in the beyond." (39)

http://www.thezensite.com/non_Zen/Was_Jesus_Buddhist.html

annata
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
CONCLUSION
Was Jesus really a Buddhist? The answer is not yes or no, but rather to what extent Jesus was or was not a Buddhist. The historic evidence shows that Buddhism had spread throughout the area, from Mesopotamia to Egypt, which included Jerusalem as a trading center between East and West. Contrary to Rudyard Kipling's colonialist belief that never the twain shall meet, East and West have shared the same history at least since Aryan populations began settling west and central Asia four thousand years ago, which are the ancestral stock shared by Jews and Hindus alike. East /West wars have been documented since at least the TrojanWar 3,200 years ago. Both Alexander and Ashoka brought East and West together in different ways, and the Silk Road was well established during the beginning of China's Han dynasty at least a century before Christ.

The historic evidence of Jesus being in India is doubtful--Notovitch probably was a fraud. But no answers are found to the question of where Jesus was during his lost years. Certainly, he was no hometown carpenter, and he probably traveled extensively throughout Asia Minor, which increased his exposure to Buddhism. His travel is indicated by the many records found in India and even China and the keen interest demonstrated by Buddhists and other Easterners.

The textual evidence shows that Buddhism not only had spread West through Silk Road travelers and contacts between East and West from the conquests of Alexander, but also had been deliberately propagated through emissaries sent from India during the third century BC. This influence is revealed both by the actions and statements of Jesus and by the Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah, a term probably derived from Sanskrit.

The identities and parallels between the legends of Buddha and Jesus and between their deeds and statements require explanation. They are too close and too specific to be explained by a presumed set of universalist truths and ethics. If these truths and ethics are so universal and evident, then why is human history dominated by violence and ignorance? Why are the same identities not evident between Jesus and Mohammad, Jesus and Zarathustra, or Jesus and Lao Tzu?

When nineteenth-century missionaries translated and read ancient Sanskrit and Pali documents in India, they began to call Buddhism the Christianity of the East. But Buddhism came first, five hundred years before Christ. The more accurate dubbing is to call Christianity the Buddhism of the West.

roadmaster
04-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Buddhism will never be Christianity. All a bunch of bull.

wingrider
04-24-2012, 12:32 AM
How did they get Jesus"s resurrected self from Jerusalem to India ? and if he had a tomb in India that would mean that he died again after being resurrected. which completly destroys all accounts of nearly 500 people who saw him after he was crucified and also the eye witness accounts of his ascension,,

If we had a conspiracy section this would be a good thread for it.

annata
04-24-2012, 07:31 AM
How did they get Jesus"s resurrected self from Jerusalem to India ? and if he had a tomb in India that would mean that he died again after being resurrected. which completly destroys all accounts of nearly 500 people who saw him after he was crucified and also the eye witness accounts of his ascension,,

Gospel of Thomas:, but start here, to get the basics, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_influences_on_Christianity
what happened to Jesus from the years he threw the money changers from the temple, to when he started his preaching? some say he journeyed to India' other say Buddhist influences ( Buddhism is about 500 years older then the man Jesus) were reaching ASia Minor.
I'm far from an expert -there is a BBC documentary "was Jesus a Buddist MonK" ( You Tube that is 45 minute long.)
I have yet to watch it.

Even my philosphical interests have limits. LOL

annata
04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Jesus never dies, he had a brother James -wh opetitioned Pilot for the body ( the same day he was crucified).
Healing herbs (etc) nursed him back to life -not ressurrection) Jesus leaves and goes to India -james takes his place.
There is a lot of evidence ,if you want to look at the scholorly ideas -any case can be made either way.

But without a ressurected Jesus -he is not a God, he is simply another bodhissatva which is intolerablre to Christians.

I don't try to shove these theories down pppls throats, best to explore them if you're interested, dont if your not.

gophangover
04-24-2012, 08:15 AM

When Jesus appeared to the disciples after the crucifixion, he showed "doubting" Thomas the wounds on his hands and feet. Jesus was still in physical form. Jesus said, "When two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also." I've never seen his physical form in any church.

Many christians will try to make excuses for this like the way they do when reincarnation is plainly revealed in Matthew 17:10-13.

annata
04-24-2012, 09:35 AM
In Tibetan Buddhism, a Bodhisattva is anyone who is motivated by compassion and seeks enlightenment not only for him/herself but also for everyone...
Becoming a Bodhisattva is a huge step in helping not only yourself, but also every other sentient being, both seen and unseen. Most people are self-motivated and work primarily to solve their own problems, keeping others a distant second. Should someone do an act of kindness, repayment is generally expected whether in the form of a thank you and/or further praise. A Bodhisattva is motivated by pure compassion and love.

Their goal is to achieve the highest level of being: that of a Buddha. Bodhisattva is a Sanskrit term which translates as: Bodhi [enlightenment] and sattva [being]. And their reason for becoming a Buddha is to help others.

The Bodhisattva will undergo any type of suffering to help another sentient being, whether a tiny insect or a huge mammal. In Shakyamuni Buddha's 'Perfection of Wisdom in 8,000 Lines' it states:

"I will become a savior to all those beings, I will release them from all their sufferings."
If this sounds familiar to anyone not acquainted with Buddhism, then you only need to think of the example of Jesus Christ, a true Bodhisattva.

When someone first enters the way of the Bodhisattva, they develop Bodhicitta, or, mind of enlightenment.
Even as a person strives towards such an exalted goal, they feel as though they are limited by the fact that they, too, are suffering.
So that they can be of aid to others, they decide to become Buddhas for a Buddha is capable of unlimited compassion and wisdom.
Also, Buddhas are able to relate to all others at whatever level is needed.
To those of lesser intelligence, a Buddha will use simpler words; and to those of great intelligence, a Buddha can explain answers in a more exalted language. By entering the Bodhisattva way, the mind must become enlightened. And so the training begins by generating the 6 Perfections.
Lists the 6 Perfectons: http://www.essortment.com/bodhisattva-11998.html

gophangover
04-24-2012, 09:42 AM
In Tibetan Buddhism, a Bodhisattva is anyone who is motivated by compassion and seeks enlightenment not only for him/herself but also for everyone...

Becoming a Bodhisattva is a huge step in helping not only yourself, but also every other sentient being, both seen and unseen. Most people are self-motivated and work primarily to solve their own problems, keeping others a distant second. Should someone do an act of kindness, repayment is generally expected whether in the form of a thank you and/or further praise. A Bodhisattva is motivated by pure compassion and love.

Their goal is to achieve the highest level of being: that of a Buddha. Bodhisattva is a Sanskrit term which translates as: Bodhi [enlightenment] and sattva [being]. And their reason for becoming a Buddha is to help others.

The Bodhisattva will undergo any type of suffering to help another sentient being, whether a tiny insect or a huge mammal. In Shakyamuni Buddha's 'Perfection of Wisdom in 8,000 Lines' it states:

"I will become a savior to all those beings, I will release them from all their sufferings."
If this sounds familiar to anyone not acquainted with Buddhism, then you only need to think of the example of Jesus Christ, a true Bodhisattva.

When someone first enters the way of the Bodhisattva, they develop Bodhicitta, or, mind of enlightenment.
Even as a person strives towards such an exalted goal, they feel as though they are limited by the fact that they, too, are suffering.
So that they can be of aid to others, they decide to become Buddhas for a Buddha is capable of unlimited compassion and wisdom.
Also, Buddhas are able to relate to all others at whatever level is needed.
To those of lesser intelligence, a Buddha will use simpler words; and to those of great intelligence, a Buddha can explain answers in a more exalted language. By entering the Bodhisattva way, the mind must become enlightened. And so the training begins by generating the 6 Perfections.
Lists the 6 Perfectons: http://www.essortment.com/bodhisattva-11998.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGdyVnW86SY

annata
04-24-2012, 10:05 AM
When Jesus appeared to the disciples after the crucifixion, he showed "doubting" Thomas the wounds on his hands and feet. Jesus was still in physical form. Jesus said, "When two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also." I've never seen his physical form in any church.

Many christians will try to make excuses for this like the way they do when reincarnation is plainly revealed in Matthew 17:10-13.The Transfiguration
The name of Elijah comes up again in the accounts of the Transfiguration given by Matthew (17:1-13) and by Mark (9:1-13). Jesus had gone up to a high mountain in the company of three disciples - Peter, James, and John. While there, the disciples witnessed a deeply moving spiritual spectacle that has come to be known as the Transfiguration. The countenance of Jesus changed. "And His garments became glistening, intensely white ... And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking to Jesus" (Mark 9:3- 5).

A cloud overshadowed them and a voice out of the cloud declared: 'This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him" (Matthew 17:5). For the disciples, the event was further confirmation that their Master was indeed the Son of God. But they also remembered the teaching of the Scribes (presumably based on the prophecy recorded in Malachi 4:5) that Elijah must come before the Messiah. Hence, they, sought clarification from Jesus. They asked "Why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" In answer, Jesus is reported to have said:
But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased (Matthew 17:12).
But I tell you that Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written of him (Mark 9:13).
The two statements are substantially the same. And they show Jesus as confirming the truth of the prophecy
that Elijah would reincarnate, and stating that Elijah had, in fact, already reincarnated. But Jesus does not reveal the identity of the reincarnated Elijah.
Matthew goes on to add a statement that is not in Mark: 'Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist" (Matthew 17:13). This is a repetition of the view of the author of this Gospel that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah (Matthew 11: 14 15). Matthew gives the impression here that this view was also held by the three disciples - Peter, James, and John - who were in the company of Jesus on the occasion of the Transfiguration.
We have already noted that this relationship between Elijah and John the Baptist is of doubtful validity. The doubt is based on the declaration by John the Baptist himself that he was not Elijah (John 1:21). The response of Jesus can, however, be interpreted as a confirmation that Elijah had reincarnated; but we are not told the identity of his reincarnation.

gophangover
04-24-2012, 01:00 PM
The Transfiguration
The name of Elijah comes up again in the accounts of the Transfiguration given by Matthew (17:1-13) and by Mark (9:1-13). Jesus had gone up to a high mountain in the company of three disciples - Peter, James, and John. While there, the disciples witnessed a deeply moving spiritual spectacle that has come to be known as the Transfiguration. The countenance of Jesus changed. "And His garments became glistening, intensely white ... And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking to Jesus" (Mark 9:3- 5).

A cloud overshadowed them and a voice out of the cloud declared: 'This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him" (Matthew 17:5). For the disciples, the event was further confirmation that their Master was indeed the Son of God. But they also remembered the teaching of the Scribes (presumably based on the prophecy recorded in Malachi 4:5) that Elijah must come before the Messiah. Hence, they, sought clarification from Jesus. They asked "Why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" In answer, Jesus is reported to have said:
But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased (Matthew 17:12).
But I tell you that Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written of him (Mark 9:13).
The two statements are substantially the same. And they show Jesus as confirming the truth of the prophecy
that Elijah would reincarnate, and stating that Elijah had, in fact, already reincarnated. But Jesus does not reveal the identity of the reincarnated Elijah.
Matthew goes on to add a statement that is not in Mark: 'Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist" (Matthew 17:13). This is a repetition of the view of the author of this Gospel that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah (Matthew 11: 14 15). Matthew gives the impression here that this view was also held by the three disciples - Peter, James, and John - who were in the company of Jesus on the occasion of the Transfiguration.
We have already noted that this relationship between Elijah and John the Baptist is of doubtful validity. The doubt is based on the declaration by John the Baptist himself that he was not Elijah (John 1:21). The response of Jesus can, however, be interpreted as a confirmation that Elijah had reincarnated; but we are not told the identity of his reincarnation.

Very few remember their past lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG4HOobuQCo

gophangover
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3RLsp-cOo&feature=related

wingrider
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
what a bunch of malarky.. in my opinion this is just pure nonsense, but you all believe what you will.. LMAO

wingrider
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
scripture says that you live once and then the judgement

"As It Is Appointed Unto Men...
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many: and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation (Hebrews 9:27-28).
What a familiar text -- but how often its chief meaning has escaped notice through sheer familiarity! You live once, die once and are judged once. That is the author's first statement, and it is very important. But it is not his chief point in this passage. And if that primary point is not given first importance, the general fact that man lives, dies and is judged loses its real significance in this text as well. But let us start at the beginning, then move to the gospel climax of the passage.

http://www.edwardfudge.com/written/onelife.html

annata
04-25-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3RLsp-cOo&feature=relatedJesus "Eesa" and Buddhism
Gruber and Kersten (1995) claim that Buddhism had a substantial influence on the life and teachings of Jesus.
They claim that Jesus was influenced by the teachings and practices of Therapeutae (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Therapeutae), described by the authors as teachers of the Buddhist Theravada (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Theravada) school then living in Judaea.
They assert that Jesus lived the life of a Buddhist and taught Buddhist ideals to his disciples; their work follows in the footsteps of the Oxford New Testament scholar Barnett Hillman Streeter, who established as early as the 1930s that the moral teaching of the Buddha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Gautama_Buddha) has four remarkable resemblances to the Sermon on the Mount."

Some scholars believe that Jesus may have been inspired by the Buddhist religion and that the Gospel of Thomas (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas) and many Nag Hammadi (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library) texts reflect this possible influence. Books such as The Gnostic Gospels and Beyond Belief: the Secret Gospel of Thomas by Elaine Pagels (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Elaine_Pagels) and The Original Jesus by Gruber and Kersten discuss these theories.
The Buddha Dharma Education Association lists on its Buddhanet.net website a Timeline of Tibetan Buddhist History. According to their historians,
Buddhism begins to enter Southern Tibet about 150 years after Jesus' Passion, or c200 C.E. Buddhist scriptures begin to influence Northern Tibet several decades later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_years_of_Jesus (more)

gophangover
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
The Dali Lama is on CNN tonight, interviewed on Peirce Morgan.

annata
04-25-2012, 08:20 AM

oh! Thanks. I'll make a note. He's getting older, and is preparing for death, a crucial time for karma.( although he is Enlightened)
http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/files/note-on-the-statement-by-hhdl-concerning-his-successor-4.pdf
The statement also discusses the role of rebirth in Buddhist thought, and argues that this is based on logical reasoning not faith, and it discusses the important role of reincarnation of lamas in the Tibetan traditions.
But in fact, the statement is not about reincarnation. In fact, it is an extremely judiciously worded announcement about the need to modify significantly the reincarnation system, or even a preparation for replacing it.
This is discussed in the substantive part the statement towards the end, when it lays out a series of potential selection procedures that are going to be used to identify the Dalai Lama's successor
. In particular, it is a detailed discussion of the emanation system in Tibetan Buddhism. Roughly, it indicates - if read carefully - that it is more than likely that his successor will be an emanation (sprul ba) not a reincarnation (sprul sku).

It is possible that both could take place – first an emanation, and then a few years later, a reincarnation as well. But this is not discussed. In effect, the statement announces that for the Dalai Lama’s succession, the reincarnation system at least for the time being will be replaced by an emanation system.
The text defines an emanation, in this context, as someone living and identified before the death of the predecessor lama.

An emanation can be recognized on the grounds that he or she has the same "mind-stream" (rgyud chig pa, a special term in Buddhist philosophy) such as with a ma-ndey trulku (ma-'das sprul sku).

Or an emanation can be appointed because that person had close personal contact with HH, or for some similar reason. The possiblity of a ma-ndey trulku is already well known and has been widely discussed. But the possibility of an appointed sprul ba or emanation is new.
By implication, this means that the successor will be most likely identified before the death of the current Dalai Lama, and will be an adult person, not necessarily a trulku or a child.
Recognizing the Emanation
Three possible methods of recognition procedure are listed. They all relate to recognizing an emanation, not to the standard system of recognizing a reincarnation; there is no discussion of the standard reincarnation process involving the search for a child.

The statement does not mention several methods that had been raised by the Dalai Lama earlier, such as the "college of cardinals" type of selection procedure. This seems now to have been ruled out. The three procedures that are described are:
1. Emanations who belong to the same mind-stream as the predecessor
The statement says that "ordinary sentient beings generally cannot manifest an emanation before death (ma-dhey tulku), but superior Bodhisattvas, who can manifest themselves in hundreds or thousands of bodies simultaneously, can manifest an emanation before death [because they] belong to the same mind-stream as the predecessor."

Note that every Dalai Lama is considered to be an emanation of the Bodhisattva Chenrezig, as well as a reincarnation of the previous Dalai Lama.

Many high trulkus are considered to be emanations as well as reincarnations.
But in this case, this refers to a ma-ndey trulku, a person recognized before death as spiritually identical with the predecessor.
This would only apply to a person who is said to have achieved a very high state of realization in which he or she is in effect indistinguishable from the Dalai Lama.
The actual explanation in Buddhist terms of this phenomenon is much more complex than can be described here.

Technically speaking, the current Panchen Lama recognized by the Dalai Lama, Gendun Choekyi Nyima, is sometimes understood to be a ma-ndey trulku because he was born within six months of his predecessor, so his conception took place before the death.

gophangover
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
scripture says that you live once and then the judgement

"As It Is Appointed Unto Men...
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many: and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation (Hebrews 9:27-28).
What a familiar text -- but how often its chief meaning has escaped notice through sheer familiarity! You live once, die once and are judged once. That is the author's first statement, and it is very important. But it is not his chief point in this passage. And if that primary point is not given first importance, the general fact that man lives, dies and is judged loses its real significance in this text as well. But let us start at the beginning, then move to the gospel climax of the passage.

http://www.edwardfudge.com/written/onelife.html

Hebrews is more of Paul's false prophesying. Jesus said, "There are many among you that will not taste death until I return." You know of anyone that has been living over two thousand years?

keyser soze
04-25-2012, 12:19 PM

In an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan on Tuesday, His Holiness The Dalai Lama said that he loved former President George W. Bush despite his policies.

“I love President Bush, the younger one,” the exiled Buddhist monk said. “As a human being, not as a president of America. Sometimes his policies might not be very successful, but as a person, a human being, he’s a very nice person. I love him.”
The Dalai Lama said that after the United States had invaded Iraq, he told Bush, “I love you, but your policy — I have some reservation.”

The 76-year-old Dalai Lama retired as the Tibetan movement’s political leader last year, but remains the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism.
China seized control of Tibet in 1950, and the Dalai Lama fled the country after a failed uprising in 1959.

The Dalai Lama told Piers Morgan that he supported the Arab Spring in principle.
“[The] world belongs to humanity,” he explained. “Not this leader or that leader or kings or queens or religious leaders. Each country, essentially, belongs to their own people.”

Watch video, courtesy of CNN, below:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/24/dalai-lama-i-love-bush-but-not-as-a-president/